/twg/- Total War General

WOOD ELVES SOON Edition

>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN

>Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>Warhammer News
Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications
Recent Update Info -- wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_WARHAMMER_Update_2
DLC -- store.steampowered.com/dlc/364360/

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

sgabetto.free.fr/Telechargements/War.CZombiePirates.pdf
twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?563725-Napoleon-Retrofit-Pack-(Updated-9-19-13)
youtube.com/watch?v=vljHBXA3UKE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Imagine being Isabella Von Carstein in Sylvania and having to be all like "damn, Vlad Von Carstein, you fuckin' fine, all sexy with your undead body and horrific rotten monster face. I would totally have sex with you, both my living version and the real undead me." when all she really wants to do is suck another 16 year old's blood in her dressing room. Like seriously imagine having to be Isabella and not only sit in that throne while Vlad von carstein flaunts his disgusting body in front of you, the favorable lighting barely concealing his necrosis and leathery skin, and just sit there, war after war, hour after hour, while he perfected that necromancy. Not only having to tolerate his monstrous fucking visage but his haughty attitude as everyone on Sylvania tells him he's STILL GOT IT and DAMN, VLAD VON CARSTEIN LOOKS LIKE THAT?? because they're not the ones who have to sit there and watch his ghoulish fucking zombie face contort into types of grimaces you didn't even know existed before that day. You've been fucking nothing but a healthy diet of WISSENLAND STUDS and PRINCES and later alleged 'disappeared' virgins for your ENTIRE LIFE coming straight out of the boonies in Sylvania. You've never even seen anything this fucking disgusting before, and now you swear you can taste the necrosis that's breaking out on his dimpled stomach as he sucks it in to writhe it suggestively at you, smugly assured that you are enjoying the opportunity to get married to sit there and revel in his "statuesque (for that is what he calls himself)" beauty, the beauty he worked so hard for with vampirism in the previous eras. And then the count of Sylvania,Otto calls for another proposal, and you know you could kill every single person in this room before the sylvanian security could put you down, but you sit there and endure, because you're fucking Isabella Von Carstein. You're not going to lose your future political career over this. Just bear it. Hide your face and bear it.

WE

>ancient empires still not released

Anyone looking or reading these? Ah well fuck it. I'll keep posting as I'm near the end.
---
At this point it goes to shit on the Mordor front. Some units break through the shattered garrison units so I charge my empty quiver archers into melee combat.

Did you know about this already?

Then this glorious fucking thing happens. No idea who did it. But that guy is getting some serious pussy(or dick) for what he did.

3 turns later he respawns in Mordor with a new army and reclaims Minas Morgul from Gondor who bravely captured it on Turn 31. The Nazgul are immortal until Sauron's faction is completely destroyed.

I want to be dominated by a best elf!

I read them friend. Keep on campaign posting

> tfw Vampire Coast never
> tfw Shipwights never ever

Archers are finishing off the heavily packed mordor retreating armies burning them to a crisp for daring to enter the wood of Lothlorien.

The result? Proudly here. I thought I'd lose but no. I won and absolutely fucked up the invasion forces.

Uhm is he okay?

The final battles I never screencapped but I took few losses. My men were high on morale and wanted to end the evil walking their land. The army of Rhun had fallen near the outskirts of east Lothlorien and by pure miracle a Vale of Anduin army up north intercepted a stack of mountain orcs coming my way.

After 27 turns the first called invasion ended in complete disaster with 17 losses and 2 close victories all over the woods of Lothlorien. This was the day that Sauron realised the elves were back. This was the day the Galadhrim finally began their expansion to the boughs of Mirkwood to face the armies of that land and aid their Woodland realm kin.

I'll get some noticable battles done for next time. Hopefully the siege of Dol Guldur.

lurking too, there's never enough campaigns being posted

Fucking well done. Holy shit. I can't believe you held that tiny densely packed area from all that.

sgabetto.free.fr/Telechargements/War.CZombiePirates.pdf
Damn nigga these guys are cool as fuck.

We'll probably get them as a generic VC faction with the inevitable New World expansion. Modders will have to make them Arrright

thanks for your campaign posting friendo

As I said. My next target is the Shadow of Mirkwood. The Woodland Realm is being hit hard so I need to hit orcs from behind and force the AI to split their forces. I'm gifting over 6000 a turn to Woodland Realm to try and keep them afloat. My economy can only hold one field army and one garrison army(free upkeep) because of the gifting. If I can knock Dol Guldur out they've pretty much lost that's their capital and a major troop producer all other settlements are low population and low infrastructure. So I've packed a random general that spawned with 19 of my built units and sent him to capture Achod Iaun in southern Mirkwood and hold up there. Built 4 watch towers for vision purposes. 1 near the border, 2 in the east near the burnt lands and dead marshes and 1 near the vale.

I'm allied with every friendly faction so my southern borders are safe via Ents,Rohan,Gondor and Dol Amroth whereas my north is safe for now by Vale of Anduin but they've lost 2 settlements to mountain orcs and Seleburg is besieged by Dol Guldur forces.
I suspect I'll need at least 4 siege towers and 3 rams for Dol Guldur plus my catapult and 2 ballistas. Maybe send everyone and damn the economy.

It's going to be a tough fight over the next 20 turns or so.
Oh and this happened a fucking quest battle from event pop ups. An entire army spawned for me and them. Now I have free built army of ranged units which normally would take at least 150 turns to build because of the elven slow recruitment and the 15 year time limit to full total war logistics capability that every faction gets at a set time which unlocks elite units and more availability. Thats when doom stacks begin and its fucking amazing.

THE 'AVE WRONGED OUS!

Thanks dude. Good to see some campaign posting. Man DaC looks to change a lot from Vanilla third age and that campaign map is gorgeous and so accurate.
Now I really can't wait for Wood Elves in Warhammer!
Hope to see your siege of Dol Guldur in the future.

>Mixing dwarfish ale with vodka

Do slavs really do this?

>this triggers the slav poster

Muh Kislev.

>Still nothing on elves

If they are aiming for a late octomber release I will be so butthurt

a late october ogre_____ release

I really miss the constant trade caravans and ships in TW.

Warhammer added extra details to campaign map in Update 2 like the gryphons and wyverns flying in their respective areas and sea monsters swimming between Albion and Bretonnia.

I hope they add a few caravans and ships for extra immersion.

Pic related is what an user reckons the Tomb King map unlock will look like early next year.

Why do I love Vlad so much?
It's pretty simple when I think about it.
Vlad isn't just the best character in the Warhammer world, he might just be the greatest character of all time.
Just imaging him riding through the swamps of Sylvania, the wind in his hair, his mighty steed below him.
As he rides through the World's Edge Mountains, the Lahmians swoon at his very scent.
They know how he smells, the essence of his smell is sold in Marienburg under the the name of "Carstein Orgasm."
The very nature of Vlad is mystery.
Could he be playing a deeper game than even his creator realizes?
The answer is yes, he has transcended such boundaries as the written world, and has free will to do whatever he sees fit.
However, Vlad is filled with such guile, such arcane craft that he does not even use these powers.
Why, you might ask? You will never know, for the mind of the Vlad is not one that is easily penetrated.
Vlad is such a force of nature in his realm that nothing can truly touch him, the only thing keeping him bound to the page at all is his will to exist within the preordained boundaries of his world.
Vlad is not only beyond the comprehension of us, he exists within a plane of true focus and beauty.
Observe his playful smile, his gorgeous and rippling biceps, his gallant nose, and most importantly, his eyes.
His eyes, like pools of saffron, provide the only glimpse into the true machinations of Vlad. Do not stare into them. Many good men have gone mad in the attempt.
Vlad is not just a character, a formless collection of words and images, he is himself is the binding that holds the Warhammer world together.
Without Vlad, the entire Warhammer world, the entire Games Workshop as we know it crumbles.
The Reik would stop flowing without Vlad, Athel Loren would become a desolate crater, and Norsca would melt without his frosty gaze.
These are just of a few of the reasons why I like Vlad so much.

If they did that they'll have to release the Dwarf vs Greenskin pack early to tide us over. A lord pack isn't exactly major to be fair(2 LL,2 heroes,18 RoR and 5 new units) and causes imbalance with the factions untouched.

They're being purposefully quiet and ignoring every-time someone asks if its Wood Elves. Major faction announcement is imminent.

At least it would be something

Try Cataph's factions, they are actually pretty good. The northern dwarfs just came out, It definitely will give you a few good battles.

We did get Mousillon after all

And the Lizardmemes will have too few enemies if they cut things like the Norscan colony, the Tilean and Estalian colonies and the Vampire Coast

I dunno about Amazons though, and other stuff like the Beastmen and wild humans who are sometimes mentioned wandering around Naggaroth to get enslaved by the Dark Elves

Naggaroth will probably be the emptiest continent

KING IN THE NORTH

The Pathfinders are broken

>Tomb Kangs DLC: Rise of ur Mummy
>only 30 dollars, or 30 pounds if you're from englandland

THE NORSE UMGI HAVE WRONGED US

Worth it desu

Beastmen brought me ~20 hours of joy. Watching minotaurs crush humans and dwarfs brings me immense pleasure. If they can somehow replicate that its a fair price.

If you package in a bonus playable Araby, it's a deal.

so one box of skellingtons?

>Wood Elf qts soon
>mfw vampire slut's days as official game waifu are numbered

>Dat DAC map

HNNNGH

Warscape really made the maps feel soulless IMO.

Except Warhammer map looks more alive than any previous TW games

keep posting user.

Hope you can replenish the unrecruitable units.

>recolored empire units
>but they still say the same things as empire units
>also their generals are named things like "Sultan Heinrich Hermann"

There are no trade routes on the roads, no settlements that grow expansive. No changing campaign map based on how much you raid a place.

And of course the scale is wonky.

Also no mini-campaign, someone's gotta finance that map expansion and there's no money for another campaign hunting rogue undead in sandland on top of it

>No changing campaign map based on how much you raid a place.

You forgot the part where Corruption completely changes the landscape into either a hellscape or a spooky forest

Also when Orcs take over a dwarf province it gets orc'd but when Dwarfs take it back it goes back to looking Dwarfish

yeah, and when the empire takes over bretonnian provinces, it changes the FUCKING TREES.

You never see any trade routes in total war warhammer. You never see your cities grow on the campaign map, or see wilderness being turned to farmland, or mines being built on the campaign map.

I am not talking about corruption. I am talking about just raiding devastating the land instead of applying a public order malus.

Best composition for Empire? I don't find any of the artillery consistently good.

if you're on vanilla get the napoleon retrofit mod, fixes up arty, unit movement, forts and some other stuff

make fluffy armies.
link?

twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?563725-Napoleon-Retrofit-Pack-(Updated-9-19-13)
check the last post

Will boarding in naval battles ever be good?

Yeah the tree shit is annoying. They could have polished that a bit more.

WOOD ELFS WHEN?!?!?!

All of this talk about DLC factions for Warhammer has got me thinking about the Skaven and how the hell CA is supposed to balance them.

>stupidly long-ranged rifles with incredible stopping power that deal full damage to ghosts, flat-out ignore all but the heaviest armour, and come with a big shield to give cover against enemy return fire
>a literal gatling gun
>a giant laser cannon with zero travel time that hits everything in the beam's path (I suppose this does have the weakness of being incapable if indirect fire)
>the DOOMWHEEL
>also gets melee wrecking ball monsters in the form of Rat Ogres because why not, and then the absurdity of the Hell Pit Abomination if you want to spend loadsamoney
>far greater unit variety than even the Empire

The only things they don't have are flying units and cavalry (though they do have speedy creatures like Giant Rats that can go fast and flank), but they can put out such volumes of withering fire at range that they shouldn't have too many problems countering enemy fliers and cavalry.

Will naval battles ever be good?

Obviously they will have really poor leadership, most factions have some way of getting units to enemy lines quickly with speedy units or just summoning them on top of the enemy army, and at that point a lot of their ranged firepower isn't too helpful, unless they also happen to embrace the whole friendly fire thing as well. Units in warhammer are speedy enough in general that most of the ranged units in the game aren't super impressive and end up being very vulnerable unless you get very good positioning (and the enemy has no dogs, chariots or other things which just ignore formations entirely)

>stupidly long-ranged rifles with incredible stopping power that deal full damage to ghosts, flat-out ignore all but the heaviest armour, and come with a big shield to give cover against enemy return fire
Irondrake-tier unit size
>a literal gatling gun
Siege engine size
>a giant laser cannon with zero travel time that hits everything in the beam's path (I suppose this does have the weakness of being incapable if indirect fire)
Mark of Chaos did exactly that and it wasn't broken
>the DOOMWHEEL
Axed. too many charlememes

They may get the troll treatment, very good, but shit leadership

When their morale is broken they start infighting as opposed to fleeing.

because they will release them half-assed like the Beastmen

which unit has the laser

There is a SEVERE lack of Mummy webms starring Brendan Fraser. Seriously perfect for TK posting and no one has them.

That would be cool. Seeing units killing each other on a battlefield would be awesome.

Also M2 has best rocket animations. Webm related on both counts.
Skaven genocide in TWWH shall be glorious.

Warp lightning cannon.

Hmmmmmmm.
;)

The thing with Skaven is that every unit gets higher Leadership the more of them there are (in WHFB this is determined by ranks but in-game it'll probably be something like nearby units buffing each other's Leadership), so at the start of the battle when everyone is alive they should have a very sturdy formation that isn't likely to run until they've taken appreciable losses. Also some units such as Weapon Teams and Skavenslaves routing shouldn't cause morale damage in Total War because the other Skaven literally don't give a shit (they didn't cause Panic tests for other units in WHFB when routing), and on top of that you could deploy a Screaming Bell to help morale as well.

I also imagine Poisoned Wind Globadiers will be very useful units because they completely ignore armour and can sit at the back of a melee and lob their globes into the enemy (of course you'll kill some of your dudes as well but hey who gives a shit it's Skaven).

As for units being able to close quickly, the Ratling Gun can apparently ready up and fire in a very short time (it had the Rapid Reaction special rule in WHFB), and since it's not very big and carried by a pair of ratmen it should be an agile weapon that can turn to face new threats quickly.

Official announcement about what?

Is it happening?
Is it actually happening?!?
>No word for days
>Someone asks about Wood Elves
>Silence
>More people do
>Silence
>Lots of people do
>They get mad and say "Its only been 3 weeks since the last DLC".
>Someone asks about Grombrindal being exclusive to WD or not.
>They immediately reply that more info when official announcement is made.

They gonna pull the old switcheroo and do the Dwarf/Greenskin lord pack before Wood Elves?

>Poisoned Wind Globadiers

>Units will jump around and get dismembered as they die of poison

>You will never have Shogun 2-style animations of units writhing in pain for minutes as they die of poison

B-but my flc list say it's impossible

Bretonnia out of nowhere would be the best

What's the biggest meme on /twg/?

>Single player balance matters

But Bretonnia is 3/4 complete, you can already pretty much play it with mods. Wood Elves are shiny and new and probably have actual new mechanics instead of "BEASTPATHS AND BEASTWAAGHS".

forestpaths and more ambushing sure sounds interesting zZZzzzz

>opening cinematic will only include first 4 factions

LITERALLY UNPLAYABLE

G O B L I N S

Yeah Wood Elves are getting forest paths.

They might get a unique recruitment/settlement system that the Skaven will share.

so has anything been announced yet? someone promised me my wood elves today and i swear to mork if i dont hear anything youll all wish your fathers had pulled out

It's 9pm in bongland, you ain't getting shit

Yes, check last thread

It's 8PM.

>t.Bong

AYOO

HOW COME THEY IS A WIGHT KING BUT THEY IS NO BLACK KING?

It's is pronounced 'KANG'

>it is is

Isn't it not?

youtube.com/watch?v=vljHBXA3UKE

if there's no teaser/trailer/announcement by the 27th i swear im gonna start worshiping chaos

Heard you like sieges goy

>still no NEET elf teaser.
let's send Grace memes until she gives them to us

what are the best mods for shogun 2? looking mainly for ai and game mechanics improvment.

Darthmod isn't bad.

so wood elves are clearly going to be a raiding faction aren't they

I think they'll have settlements but can't hold any others. No trading and limited diplomatic options.

Maybe two regions and about six cities, would be great. Having to capture the other five is a good starting point for a campaign.

Athel Loren is about the size of eastern sylvania. I could see you being able to cram size cities in there but it wouldn't be comfortable. Four cities is probably the max in that space that wouldn't look overly-cramped, and even then you'd probably be able to reach every city within a single turn from the centermost city.

The absolute madman actually done it. This fuckin slavmodder actually PORTED TWW buildings to Attila.

Now, the question is, whether there would be any sane mod would touch it with a 10 ft pole without it triggering a hammer from GW?

>GW was opposed to new stuff being brought in from other TW games
>they never anticipated Slavs moving stuff from warhammer into other TW games

You are both right, yes is true that Warhammer map is a cool fantasy place, but is also true that its not so alive, no people, ship, and transports, no routes... no city expanding and so.

Impressive

I guess we'll just have to buy the DLCs so they add in stuff that makes it feel alive :)