Dealing with selling a piece of your soul

In about 18 hours somebody will be here to buy my old Mercedes... why do I feel so bad? How does a rusty boat like that grow on you, especially when you know that you're getting something better in a few days

ITT; stories about the ones you never really wanted to sell

One final wash and interior clean...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0z7Hhyw5X-U&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

what are you buying

This one if its still available on Sunday

Or this one if the blue double cab is gone

have a early 80s 4x4 Toyota pickup, bought it as a project but after years of slowly working on it and not finishing it put it for $1000 firm. guy said he would do it as a project with his kid, it would go straight into his garage, etc. was okay with it then 2 hours after i felt shitty

tl;dr he never ended up showing it, i removed the ad, kept and fixed said truck and dont regret it

when I sold my first bike it Felt bad
> he actually going to buy a pick up truck
absolute MADMAN
mighty Benz tell me how you deal with it, I may have to sell mine soon, too. my first car
feels bett

I dunno, I guess its a bit natural when you've spent so many hours working on a car, owned it for a few years, had road trips with friends and also made out with a crush at one point in it.

What also doesn't help is the thought that its probably going to be owned by some 18 year old who'll trash it and not properly take maintain it

damn m8
>tfw no gf
I never had one, car isn't helping but car is fun
I just dumped money into it

it's your trip car man.
but your pick up looking fine, I hope you'll enjoy it.
seems more practical than your Benz in your Norwegen winters

>tfw selling the thing that makes you a meme
are you ready for your loss, trip friend?

is thr truck RWD with AWD or is it just AWD?

RWD & AWD, hi & lo with rear locker

You really won't find any truck thats RWD only outside of "enthusiast imported" old 'murican trucks, as trucks are quite expensive here and there is absolutely no reason to own one that isn't 4WD

And yeah, I guess I am ready to sell. Its going to be a rust free car, a lot more practical, insurance will be cheaper, fuel will be about the same due to cheaper diesel, and it'll hopefully be more reliable, altough the Merc has done just fine

I thought with a switch that would 'activate' the front, know what I mean?
>insurance cheaper in a truck than in merc
fuck I should check that, too. would be dope.
so the truck is Diesel, right?
otherwise you could have just throw a LPG in it

Ah, no. Proper stick to switch between it. The "button" came with the D40 Navara, while the King Cab had the normal one for a few years before being discontinued for focused sales on the Navara

And yup, diesel. YD25, 133hp 2.5 TDI. They're infamous for having shit main bearings/crank bearings, so I'm not buying one that hasn't had its bearings replaced with the improved ones

I really, really want the double cab, but I'm torn over the added utility of the extended cab... also, the extended cab has less KM's

it's all on you, trip friend
I can't make that decision for you
i can't even make decisions myself

fuck you man, now I want a pick up, too.
>that Europe feel of no oldish SUV
think was about the Frontera Opel.

why did you chose the mitsu?

That's a Nissan.

ehh yes
fuck lel

The Frontera is fucking great tho, Isuzu reliability all the way. Lets not forget the old Range Rover/Land Rover, older G-Class and surely some others I've forgotten

When I started out looking for trucks I decided quite quickly on which ones were worth my attention.

>Toyota HiLux
>Nissan Navara/King Cab
>Isuzu D-Max

I chose to aim mostly for the Nissan, due to to it being better priced in regards to age and kilometres compared to the HiLux, usually better equipped than the HiLux, more power than the HiLux, and 750kg more towing capacity (2250 vs 3000kg). The HiLux would've been the easy choice if I wasn't planning on pulling large trailers, or if I didn't care about having AC or relatively high mileage

The D-Max would've been great, but its a bit too new to be down at my price range

I actually sat in the dMax once, pretty cool thing.
did you need a pick up or would you have settled for any off road capable vehicle (SUV) that can tow something?

I would love to Frontera, but fuck, v6 petrol price when being a 20 year old Europe poop with almost no monthly income ain't happening. and no safety kek
not that I'd care, but my parents

SUVs at that size (5 door Pajero, LandCruiser, and in particulat Patrol) ate way more expensive. With my budget I'd get like a 2000-ish LC with 340 000km on it, or a 2002-ish Patrol with 300 000km

> 3kk km
fugg son

Why do females get so attached to inanimate objects like OP? I've never know a guy who gets all sappy over "muh sentimental value", it's always females.
It's a car. Get over it.

Why no Triton?

why not a toyota?

>selling a car you own
>ever

I sold my 335i nearly a year ago, it was the biggest piece of shit ever and it was auto but god damn I loved that 300 HP I6, Still think about it all the time and whenever one passes by me I roll down my windows to hear that exhaust note

What 3rd world shithole do you live in where the only LC you can get is 200k mile +

Not that many of then, dont really like the looks and they dont have the same towing capacity as the Navara.

See Norway. Cars are expensive, and LandCruisers depreciate very little

>Not that many of then, dont really like the looks
Fair enough.
>they dont have the same towing capacity as the Navara.
Uh, the crew cab models meet and exceed the towing capacity for the Navara, according to you.

The guy I bought my current car off was on the verge of crying when I came to pick it up, said he didnt sleep the night before either
Now I send him emails with progress updates for all the work im doing to it, I still feel pretty bad though

I'm probably going to sell this thing next year.
It's a piece of shit that's fucked to hell and back, but for some bizarre reason, I'm gonna miss it.
I wish I had the space to keep it as a winter car.

Oh no! I know I will feel when my C 180 will finally be too rusty to TÜV and I will have to sell it to some Eastern European exporter. Don't make me think about it.
Kiss her goodbye.

If I did say that then I've been wrong. The L200 I'd afford can tow 2700kg, and the Navara/King Cab has 3000kg

As an Eastern European, I can confirm !
Then the car will get an LPG conversion, carpets, and lots and lots of crosses on the windshield !

Older Mercs are bought by either enthusiasts ( very few tho, and mostly the W123 240D, the W124 200D, and the W202 C180 ), or low intelligence, no maintainance worries gypsyes

>W202 C180
Yeah, that's mine. I hope an enthusiast will get my car. But I'll keep it for a little longer anyway. As mightyBenz said, these cars have a way of making you love them that can't easily be explained.

The W202 C180 is the entry-level clasic Mercedes enthusiast car.
It's so old that not even the gypsies don't drive it anymore. Every 3 grade education gypsy has a W210 tho.
The W202, mostly old people stuck in time, or young enthusiasts..
I too am a fan of clasic Mercedes, and I'm currently saving up for the moment when a W140 S300 TD will show up on sale !

at least your w202 is going to someone who can enjoy it, mine got written off in a forest fire.

>why do I feel so bad? How does a rusty boat like that grow on you
Cars get you from A to B.

Wherever you needed to be it got you there. It was that one thing you could count on even when everyone else was a disappointment. At some point it goes from being an appliance to something like ye olde knights and shit would've felt for their steeds.

>mightybenz
>the guy who has one of the coolest cars on the board
>the guy who helped me pass my driving test
>selling his car and getting some shitty truck

Im leaving Veeky Forums

The funny thing is, I wasn't even a Mercedes enthusiast before I got this car even though my dad owns a R107. And then this old, slightly rusty entry level sedan that I bought out of convenience made me a Mercedes fan within just a few weeks.

W140 is probably baller if you aren't afraid of working on it yourself. Hope you find a nice one.

I don't plan on DD'ing it, just a weekend car, the W140 is just too big for European cities

No, I mean I was going by your Navara specs, since I didn't look that up. You must be talking about MK Tritons with the 2.5 diesel or 3.0L gas engines, then.

Well guys... there she goes

youtube.com/watch?v=0z7Hhyw5X-U&feature=youtu.be

Ouch

Atleast its now owned by somebody who needs a car like that more than I do...

Ah, right. You won't find one here that doesn't have the 4D56 turbodiesel, as I believe its the only engine ever offered with it in my country