Will car design ever be good again?

Will car design ever be good again?

good like what?
you can buy a good pure car, its called the 4c

no

women influence somewhere around 80% of car purchases so most are meant to look like safe and friendly blobs

>called the 4c
>posts a Porsche

GT350 brought some hope, tbqh.

Looking at how the new Supra doesn't have an inline 6 or a manual trans, that made me lose all hope for Toyota.

you need to get used to the idea of performance cars with an automatic. pretty much no way around it, dual clutch is here to stay

Not really

i did not say pic related. i asked good like what?
you gave a poor answer

>4c
>any 2 door Porsche
>every Ferrari minus the ff
>every Aston Martin
>Ford GT
>Every current Mazda
>vette

There's plenty out there that's good. I'd say we're equal to the 90s because we have a lot more decent looking shit ones than the fugly jelly beans.

some nice automatic cars

But I need to row a phallus through the gate in order to feel like a real mahn

Well, what isn't good about how cars look now a days? The one thing I miss about older cars (ones from the 90's because op posted a NSX) is the high amounts of visibility. I do enjoy the "chopped top" look of some newer cars, but the larger a-pillars, b-pillars and rear sails kill outward visibility. If I wanted to drive a car with horrible visibility I would daily a Lamborghini (which if you have been in one has terrible rear blind spots).

which color would you choose?

gif for op to examine

design wise the latest 911 RS is pretty hideous

blue.

That must be expensive to get fixed when the wing malfunctions.

God the 993 is so magnificent

i would not go that far, but how many cars are better than it? not that many.

besides 500hp is pretty damn fast

looks like shit compared to old porsches
way too fat

shes fat but why cant she move?
is it a bad CAR DESIGN?

997 RS 4.0 > 991 RS

No, Toyota has officially given car design cancer. It's terminal.

Nope :(

Whats wrong with Toyota design senpai

not if you benchrace
laptimes are far shorter on the 991

but i would be fucking happy with either.

where should I start?

It already is good

>yfw a fucking fiesta ST is literally as fast as NSX
still it's a gorgeous car despite the honda, god forbid acura badge

I'd rather have one of these. In fact I could probably have both for the cost of one 991RS

do people actually think that looks better than this?

>good pure car
>automatic only

it is the future. no human can shift faster

trying my best not to cherrypick

Nice mr2

What the fuck is this real?
It looks like a baby BMW E65 that was born with cancer. It looks like a gag photoshop job where they flipped the taillights upside down. It looks like a face that is begging for death.

Wait, the NSX isn't a slow rusty piece of shit?
>what does he mean by this

do you get someone to fuck your wife for you too?

For a long time Toyotas looked really boring, and they seemed to take it to heart when the public called their designs plain, so they started making edgy cars for millenials that look like a catfish going "AAAAAAAAAAAAAA".
That being said, when the design language is a little more restrained, it can work pretty well. I like pic related's look.

Computer operated shifting is far from pure. Shifting speed is irrelevant.

>muh pure
kys autist

So Toyota is an over-reactional spineless cunt with no skill, taste or self-direction swaying this way and that at every focus group meeting?

Yeh just after I'm done fucking your wife for you..

B T F O
T
F
O
>>>

>internet tough guy

blame the buyer, not the company

people buy the shit out of this soulless junk, can't blame the company for wanting to build stuff that actually sells

the new yaris looks like it has cleft lip

Just because a design doesn't work for me doesn't mean it sucks, though. If the car gets you from one place to another, it's doing its job, whether it looks like a Rembrandt or a Picasso.

What kind of pathetic bullshit is this?
>Well, as long as it has 4 wheel what do you really want
Lol how about some standards rather than the rock bottom expectations and excuses from toyota shills?

It's like they're purposefully making them uglier every year just to see how fucking ugly they can make a car before people stop buying it.

Unfortunately, they're not stopping.

looks like a toy car

Why the aggression? Design is one of the last things you should consider when you're buying a car. My father bought a used Cadillac because it looked nice, and that thing was sitting on the lot for 5 years. It shit out on him about 3 months and $2500 later. The new Prius looks like the old prius with shit smeared on it, but aside from looks, it's a better car. You can go ahead and drive around in your thrashed-to-shit NA Miata, but good luck if you ever crash it, and God forbid it rolls over.

I understand that I used anecdotal evidence, but it can be taken to derive an idea of what happens when you go off of looks.

>having to repeatedly lower your standards just to make life acceptable
Does what you're doing not make you very sad?

Standards aren't meant to be rock solid. Kicking and screaming over the fact that something isn't pretty is childish. Mild discontent with a competent car that you own is better than not owning a car at all.

You know what's worse than having to lower your standards and foster ignorance just to make life bearable? Subsequently making excuses for it.

>160hp
>2455lbs
>no hard top
>+30k

>steering wheel on the wrong side
>6" wheel gap
>slower than a cobalt

>good

I wouldn't say that I'm ignorant, necessarily. The next time I purchase a vehicle, it'll only be after a lot of research into what I actually want, and I will consider design, but as a supplement to more important things.
And I think that it's a little sad that you're trying to turn this into a "haha this guy enjoys something I don't, he must live a miserable and lonely life" kind of thing, when the argument started over Toyota's design language. I'm sure you live a wonderful and fulfilling life, but I know better than to try and dive into that in a debate over something that has nothing to do with it.

I saw the new mustang yesterday. Now that every car has the same front end it took me a while to realize what it was.

SneKs brother the GTS. Great gt car.

>a non-offensive design
>what you want in a car
>stuck with retina burning Toyotas.
That sounds like a rough life to me

This tbqh. Paddle-mounted shifters just aren't the same.

As far as lap times go sure, it yields better results. But if I'm a knob who wants a fast car on the streets I don't really give a shit about lap times, I just want something to hoon about in.

deregulate the industry
start designing cars with rulers again and not 3D sculpting programs

bam, cars start looking better

Australian cars were breddy good.

Shame they are being axed in October. No global market for them
> pic related, panda eyed FPV

There it is again with the life thing, though. You have no argument besides "toyotas are ugly haha", so you're resorting to what's effectively thinly veiled name-calling. Stop dodging the original topic and either bring something to this discussion or stop responding altogether.

>start designing cars with rulers again
wew lad, just buy a mk1 fiat panda if you like boxes so much

>boxes
its not about boxes. its about designers going full ham because they can just sculpt whatever crosses their mind without keeping proper aesthetics in mind. you can have curves and still use a ruler

That's actually an interesting point that I never thought of. Taking away the god-like abilities of a 3D modeling program would be a way to enforce a sense of restraint. It would never happen at this point though, no company in their right mind would throw that much money into the pit just so their cars would be more aesthetically pleasing.

REEEEEEE
E
E
E
E
FUCK GM AND FORD GLOBAL AND FUCK JDM FOR FUCKING FUCK THIS TINY AUTO INDUSTRY OFF TO SOME 3RDWORLD SHITHOLE

holy fuck look at those god damned XL pizza sized rotors holy shit

Even this:
looks better than the Spyker.

That looks amazing except for the wheels and rotors being too big for aesthetics. 240z is the most beautiful to me. Old porches look amazing too. My favorite 'modern' car would be the LFA though its a different type of aesthetic from what makes the old cars so beautiful.

cars are fine now

the NSX looks like a cheap kit car

it aged like shit

Yes

ARE YOU SERIOUS?

Cars have never looked better; every car company has a distinctive and unique look nowadays! Even the eco shitboxes!

In the 90s they were all literally boxes with tires and a different badge on them. Now they have distinct flavoring to them. The new Hondas are sharp, Ford looks like a really really cheap and shitty Aston Martin, The new Chevys are cleaner than ever...get your head outta your ass OP.

reee.

Ford owned Aston for a while. Why not use some of the designs?

Cars looked way better before safety regulations. Now everything has a plain wind tunnel design with big pillar posts, small front end and massive dash.

You can get a new GT with a manual tho.

The only good serene looking Toyota on production today.

This. Even then, it's a design over three decades old.

Cayman GT4s only come in manual u turd