/TTT/ tiny truck (for murica) thread

alright br/o/s i am in the market for a new vehicle and i want a small truck. something along the lines of a toyota tacoma. however i cant seem to find a decent tacoma in my area (houston area) for my price range.
my price range is 6k.
this is what im looking for:
>manual
>extended/single cab
>reliable
>simple
>aftermarket support
what are my options? i am currently looking at nissan frontiers.
is a v6 in a small truck worth the lower MPGs?

bump because please help

Ranger with the 4.0 or 2.3
Stay away from the 3.0 though
The 4.0 is a great engine and had the option to be standard shift so I'd try and find one of those. And Rangers are very popular so they have a huge aftermarket.

Ranger.

Tacomas are over priced because toyota reliablity meme, the ranger is a better truck.

Also if you can get an older Colorado. My teacher has a 07 and it's served him well.

IDK much about dakotas, but we owned one and it was bullet proof. They're known for auto tranny problems but since you're getting standard it's fine. Also our muffler was a little fucked cos it was a 2000 model, and damn was that v8 loud. Though we had an auto.

My friends dad has a frontier and it's a nice truck too, idk much about it though.

New Colorado is a meme.
Avalanche is a shit
Ridge line is a joke.

>Tacomas are over priced because toyota reliablity meme
Agreed, might as well buy a brand new one because the resale value is so damn high
>the ranger is a better truck.
I don't think so Jim

>ranger , tacoma , old Colorado

Too big.

Nigga what? The Frontier is bigger than those except for the Tacoma.

>Too big
Nigga?

Get a fucking subaru brat. Or el camino or someshit then.

Marry a mexican and have them buy a new diesel Ranger (or just gas) which holy almighty sounds like the sexiest deal right now, or a Hilux (only gas models afaik) or an Amarok (diesel only).
With the right paperwork you don't need to register it fully in the taste and so you don't pay chicken tax on it.

>ranger is a better wot

Top kek mate

They are literally the same segment as the Frontier you're considering.
Also, the D40 Frontier you're considering ain't a bad bet either.

My vote goes to the Isuzu developed Colorado.

Having driven an Isuzu D-Max (turbo diesel), a 5cyl Colorado, and the 4.0L Frontier, the Frontier is definitely the best of them. That D-Max/Colorado is a fucking gutless turd of a truck.

>That D-Max/Colorado is a fucking gutless turd of a truck
Funny, it seems to have the most effortless low down grunt where all the others need revs or boost to develop any meaningful grunt.

Why isnt the new colorado/canyon offered with the diesel and manual?
Why is it so big?

If i could just diesel swap my ranger i would have the best truck imo. I might try that if the 4.0 ever dies.
Unrelated but is there a 6 speed transmission that will bolt up to the 4.0/transfer case. I really want a sixth gear.

Get a Ranger. There are tons of them and they have a pretty reasonable used value. I'm picking up a 2.3 L Ranger today.

Europeasant here with many pick-up owner friends

>Ford Ranger
Sort of reliable - made for street use mainly. More comfortable and economical than the rest, but not as durable. Also cramped inside

>Toyota Hilux
Too big, too "car-like" these days, and reliability I've heard it's not that legendary anymore

>Isuzu D-Max
Cheap and sturdy. The most workhorse-like. Tough, but don't expect luxury

>Mitsubishi L200
The default mountain pick-up. Not very good on-road, but one of the best off-road

If you will do alot of on-road driving, go for the Ranger

>Why isnt the new colorado/canyon offered with the diesel and manual?
It is in other markets, albeit slightly detuned.
>Why is it so big?
It's the same size as literally every other midsize/1/4 ton pickup out there today.

>>Toyota Hilux
>Too big, too "car-like" these days, and reliability I've heard it's not that legendary anymore
that's crazy to me, the hilux used to be more of a workhorse than the tacoma, but it seems they've swapped

I wouldn't listen to him. The Hilux is just as much of a workhorse as it ever was. The only shortfall with them in recent years is there's been a fair few reports of injectors prematurely failing with the 1KD 3.0 diesel in the outgoing shape.

This doesn't seem very suitable for work...
Maybe you Americans get different stuff, we only had the 3.0l diesel - now we are getting the 2.4 diesel...

>This doesn't seem very suitable for work...
You have literally posted the luxury trim SR5 interior, not that it's "unsuited to work". Protip, all the midsize pickups have a luxury trim, and all the midsize pickups have a base model workhorse trim.
Americans don't get the Hilux either.

>is a v6 in a small truck worth the lower MPGs?
Do they sell the 2.5 dCi in the U.S.? Because its got more torque AND lower MPG than the 3 liter V6.