Why haven't you purchased a Corvette™ yet Veeky Forums?

Why haven't you purchased a Corvetteā„¢ yet Veeky Forums?

>3x more warranty than any other supercar
>Faster than GT-R for half price
>Pulls more G's than a million dollar Porsche 918
>Looks as good or better than [insert latest model] Ferrari, Porsche, Aston Martin
>Delicious FI variably timed V8 power
>Honda-Civic-tier 37 MPG
>Dat sweet exhaust note is perfection
>Starts at only $50k

By far the best performance value in automotive history, ever.

Other urls found in this thread:

popularmechanics.com/cars/a10403/taking-the-2014-chevy-corvette-on-a-fuel-economy-run-16686407/
youtube.com/watch?v=TylPwzdcqC4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

i would rather have a 4c for the same money

ROFLMAO, gm fangirls are this delusional

>faster
kek

I'm genuinely surprised you managed to post this without your computer overheating.

can i be faster than a gtr for 50k

and i need to get 35mpg but chevrolet only says 29mpg, what gives

can i pull more g's than a 918 for 50k

does it have awd? i need to get around in the snow

does the 50k model have f/i

lel, btfo

Because I'm a poorfag and can't afford to buy anything new let alone a $50k performance car.

Why don't you just get a job,?
Are you black or something?

I do have a job, it pays $11/hr which isn't quite enough to pay the astronomical rent prices where I live and car payments at the same time. I'm still in college, so without a degree my options are limited.

`

Because I want based ZR1

because in the real world, its actually an unreliable turd, with piss-poor build quality, that happens to be slower than an almost 10 year old nissan, americuck

Kek
Just buy a c6 z06 or c5 z06. Still great but way cheaper.

You don't need one. Stealershits are always hiring.

Working your way through college. I admire that fellow knowledgeable enthusiast.
As do I
>asshurt gtr fangirl projecting hard
omg Lol
True. However, the new c7 interior is lightyears better than previous generation f7m
>lightyears
Also true. What better job for an automotive enthusiast without a racing background? Top talent can earn six digits annually!

its trash OP

>overheats after a lap

lol american "quality"

this

>cqnt even finish a lap around the nurburgring

kek

>can i be faster than a gtr for 50k
No, you'll probably want a Z06 (70K). Then again, a GT-R costs 110K.
>and i need to get 35mpg but chevrolet only says 29mpg, what gives
It gets 30+ mpg highway iirc, not combined. You don't 'need' mpg anyways, that's what commuter shitboxes are for.
>can i pull more g's than a 918 for 50k
Probably not, you'll want a Grand Sport with a Z07 aero pack.
>does it have awd? i need to get around in the snow
Nope. You could use a winter beater or good tires and throttle control.
>does the 50k model have f/i
No, the Z06 does (again, 70K starting)

Stop baiting.C7 isn't out yet,

so basically its trash?

C7 ZR1 isn't out yet, C6 ZR1 is slower than a C7 Z06.

Because parts and maintenance are a bitch.

Rather wrench on 90s shit boxes. Might drive a C4 for a week and flip it just to say I've owned one.

yup

Making a brand new mid engined chassis just takes time.

>Because parts and maintenance are a bitch.
Parts are common as fuck unless you're in Europe, where you'll get the US equivalent of rice tax on them.

>Why haven't you purchased a Corvetteā„¢ yet Veeky Forums?

Because I dont want to be a cuck

kek

gm fangirls wont recover from this

>Nerfed ECU to protect the drivetrain's 100,000 mile warranty
>Made of plastic
>Overheats, thus plastic will surely melt
>implying "supercar"

Common maybe, cheap no

>degree
Don't buy into the 4 year college/white collar office job meme
I worked in fast food and went to tech school for a year for welding. It was only $3,500 for the year so no student loans. Now I make $30/hr in a state where the average hourly wage is $21/hr.

There's more to life than performance, I'll have you know.

>paying for college

lel americans

I didn't, I'm going for a 2 year associate's at my community college in automotive technology. Fuck paying literally tens of thousands of dollars at a 4 year college for a degree that's mostly useless. I'm getting one in a skilled trade in what I'm interested in that will never go away in my lifetime for about 5 grand total.

>Honda-Civic-tier 37 MPG
Things that didn't happen.

>popularmechanics.com/cars/a10403/taking-the-2014-chevy-corvette-on-a-fuel-economy-run-16686407/

i rounded down it's actually 37.3mpg hahaha sucka

>55 mph
Yea, no. The EPA tests all cars at 65 mph minimum. Opinion discarded

>highway mpg

lol gm fangirls literally grasping at straws

these facts really hurt at least two individual feelings.
nice work user!

nice, the cuck go triggered to the point of samefagging

we did a good job pointing out his bullshit

>engine overheating
>coolant gauge says 212 F
The cooling system should be pressurized to 15 psi which increases the boiling point of the coolant. The cluster makes no sense.

its made by GM so its obviously makes no sense

>oil cooler and filter right next to the cat converter

kek, GM fangirls will defend this

the article also states over 40mpg is possible

truly amazing

10/10

>is posible

they also said lapping the nurburgring in less time than a zr1 was also possible

yet here we are

kek

this will truly trigger the GM cuck

kek

>samefagging corvette cuck just assragequitted after this

top kek

The coolant is at 212 while the oil is being superheated by the cat because of bad packaging.

60k more, barely faster on a single track

Gtrcucks BTFO

but there's not bait on that hook.

damn, the Corvette cucks got triggered again

so sad

>associates in automotive technology
>not associates in physical therapy assistant
Change it while you can user. I was going to do autos but I switched it right away. I have 2 more years. Working as a PTA is easier and will pay more.

they get above the recommended operating temperature and just can't help it but to shitpost

Literally what.
Been reading the thread and haven't found samefaggery
Maybe you're just looking for a reason to post, attention whore
>inb4 attention whore myself
Well at least I do it right.

>faster around willow
It isn't though.

Nice photoshopped lap times.

lurk moar newfie

there is a corvette cuck known for samefagging everytime his sperg gets triggered

I love this image.

He thinks everyone who hurts him is the same person.

kek

fucking called it

man, what I love is the fact that this isn't about shitposting about cars anymore, this poor corvette cuck really got his feelings hurt at all this mundane shitposting lol

I'm not good with people. I'd rather work (mostly) by myself, not in contact with customers.

>faster than GTR
jokes.

photoshopped.

see

>looks as good or better

I'm sorry, but no. I respect the C7 for the rapid development progress Chevy made, and the performance for the price, but it's not a good-looking car. It looks cheap.

Just get a Tesla instead
>0-60 in 3 American seconds

I have purchased one and it is FUCKING AWESOME

>muh cowstrength per dollaridoo

>2015 Huracan 4 seconds faster than 2017 R8 V10
rly makes u stink

p90d does it in 2.6

>50k
>the favored child of daddy GM, who killed all the other awesome cars to protect it
Fuck off. Even if I had the 50k to burn on a sports car I sure as hell wouldn't go with a new GM product. Only time I'll touch their shit is if it's used.

Why do we have these "computers" in cars now anyway

Because having everything controlled by a computer lets us just slap new parts in without worrying about fucking up the timing and causing the whole vehicle to explode.

>street car
>street tires
>expects race spec lap numbers

>not even a meme car
>wasn't on initial d
>american made

The convertible C7 looks so cool.

Because I don't want intrusive OnStar bullshit in my car. Give me a model without it and a damned audio system more friendly to upgrades and I'd buy one.

You are not the only one my friend

Alright Veeky Forums, I know the point of this thread was to initiate the GT-R vs Corvette shitposting but I actually want to hear opinions about C4 Corvettes and how good or bad idea buying one would be. So tell me about C4s and why I should or shouldn't think about buying one?

Spending money on a plastic pig that overheats when driven hard and voids warranty on anything.

How is it intrusive? It costs money to subscribe and they can alert paramedics if you fall unconcious in an accident. There's also an app that lets you start your car remotely from any location. I use it when I'm inside a building to precondition my car.

Muslims are more experienced on that specific model, why are you asking us?

The only c4 I'd consider is a zr1, but that's c5 money and the c5 is just as good but not as good as the c5z which costs marginally more a c6 costs only slightly more that the c5z, at that point you might as well just get a c6 which is not as good as the c6z and that costs the same as a gently used c7 at which point you might as well go for the c7z or save for a zora

*mudslimes

Cause I'm poor. But hey, I have the next best thing, a 2002 V6 Firebird

3800? did you turbo it?

too heavy

3000 and under club only

Learn your place

Of course not. What part of "poor" did you not understand?

I thought turbo kits were fairly inexpensive but guess not my mistake. maybe you can turbo it in the future. 3800 seems like it has decent potential even if its not anywhere near LS levels.
youtube.com/watch?v=TylPwzdcqC4

>By far the best performance value in automotive history

Only if you live in the U.S

That may be true in the states but where I live c5s cost twice as much as c4s do, c6s cost about 50% more than C5s do and c7s basically don't exist yet.

I hope one day I can own a c7. I have a c5z but I would buy a c6z before I bought a c7. Just because, you know, ls7.

>not driving at 55 mph to save gas
Are you some kind of fag or something?

such a shame to waste trips on some stupid boomer

It appears his place is baiting gtrfangirls and fordfags throw tism tantrums, and hes quite good at it.
Pretty much all North America. Even in Europe there's not much that can touch it unless you opt for one of those barely legal tupperware no roof shitboxes, but those aren't really comparable as the c7 interior rivals the likes of Lexus/Ferrari
Hes right tho.
If my calculations are correct an extra 50 rpm in 7th would still yield roughly 37 mpg

> Ford had to build a $500k car to keep up with $50k corvettes
impressive

>implying a C7r costs 50k
[citation needed]

>reading comprehension

the fordfag seems really triggered lol