/domg/ - Dominions General

Return of Sheep posting Edition

Previous Pokeman Dominions is a fantasy turn-based war game created by two dudes. One of them is a teacher.

The game combines a simple presentation with an extremely wide array of strategic options, including over 2800 units, 800 spells and 300 magic items. Turns are resolved simultaneously, with players planning battles rather than directly controlling them.

It has simplistic graphics but is easily moddable and extremely deep.

Basically, it's an autist’s wet dream of a war game.

>Steamgroup
Join the steamgroup for multiplayer
steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya

>Group chatroom
steam://friends/joinchat/103582791434709795

>Our work-in-progress wiki
dom4.wikia.com/wiki/Dominions_4_Wiki

>Our pastebin
pastebin.com/uTZnjYwm

>Dom4 Manual
jaffa.illwinter.com/dom4/manual_dom4.pdf

>Dom4 Inspector
This is a community resource that has every unit, spell, and item in the game in an accessible database.
larzm42.github.io/dom4inspector/

>Play by email guide:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=202096551

>Debug Mod:
For testing battle formations and spells
dom4archive.kermodebear.org/www.desura.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/forum/thread/debug-mod.html

>Where do I get it?
It is available on Gamersgate and Steam. Desura is kill.

>THE BASICS
>Read the manual
>Read the wiki
>Read the pastebin
>Watch some LPs by Maerlande or NuclearMonkee
>Jump into MP feet first
>Do bully Elves

Submit completed games here:
docs.google.com/forms/d/1jHX_ZoJi6zIvDq6ANdp-W1Y89W5_fmShuDyHmAj5qC4/viewform

Results Here:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dlrvyEqLFYIaXRc49TheMmfdoP8jEh1m5rZJHJAzDWQ/edit?usp=sharing

First for Dominions 4 laughing at all your experience with RTS/4X and forcing you to relearn everything.

Oh, you potato-drinking doggy piece of shit.

Stop pretending to be me you shit.

What's that? An impersonator?

My normie life makes me unable to take my turn right now. I'll need 12 more hours if possible.

What is the hardest you've ever been memed on?

APOYO DE LOS MAGOS

what

What's up with all these sheep?

Just kiwi's posting their gfs.

Modnation game when?

Gents if you're going to impersonate me at least capitalise the fucking T lol

The thing that always amazes me about these is how ridiculously one sided the losses are. One would think that with THAT many ice devils (and the research required to summon them) that Niefelheim would be able to, y'know, kill things. I mean shit, 19 storm demons alone should be able to kill more than 4 chaff units, considering that they do 19 AN damage when buffed and that you can't give more than 5 lightning resistance.

Anyways, I'm just going to assume that the problem was that Niefel brought 5 goats. Goats are just always a bad sign, unless you have a bunch of charm casters lined up to snag that fire dragon.

Fucking chads.

If I capture a citadel on one of the realms besides Elysium in CoE 4, will that keep me alive if I lose all my citadels including the starting one on Elysium?

Pretty sure if you lose THE starting citadel it's instant game over. Just like losing all your commanders.

how and why

>74 druids

Demon Cleansing and basically every single battlefield enchant Fomoria could cast. Because it was my first game.

So I thought I sent off my admin password in the in game message but I guess some 2h file fuckery happened or I just accidentally reset my turn before sending or something. How should I transfer badmin rights to you securely?

Someone is bumping from an inferior agricultural community.

>start up Steam
>Oh, there's a new message? It's from /v/anheim
>Lambert raging because some idiot deleted a server that people were playing on
Business as usual among the identityfags, I see.

Are Fomorian Warriors actual worth recruiting?

Admin, do something already, you useless prick.

yes

do not fall for the bless giants trap

Why not just more Fir Bolgs?

I think you just need to have one citadel anywhere, but it's been a while since I played and I never did much with other realms.

Be polite, admining is a thankless job.

It's a thankless job because you did fuck all, you maggot.

First using a bugged version of summod, now allowing shitters to stale.

I'm not that admin you dumb fuck

You're a dumb fuck, dumb fuck.

why do tiger riders and white one swordsmen have the same resource cost in summod? both have the same gear kit but tiger rider has a tiger

also the royal swordsmen cost more resources than an elephants despite having the same gear kit

I assume since they ride the tigers bareback and they don't have any barding

ded and deder

Fuck you Ermor.

I can chat in Steam, if you're around.

Did someone wish for armageddon?

So was Atlantis a total noob then?

Why yes i am

Reminder: Abysia must be destroyed or the game is already over.

Rus is AI and Mari and Abysia are allies, so it's even worse than it looks.

Shut your cock holster you goddamn waterelf. Abysia was saying that you wanted to gank my shit and you probably pussied out once you saw me hold my own against Rus while you did jack shit. and then you put 15 or so PD on the provinces you used "to move" and never even gave me back the gold. Never trust elves.

Weren't you gonna post actual graphs?

Or did you have something to hide after all.

I wouldn't trust him even if he posted them, theres photoshop n GIMP you know

What's your username on Steam?

Cirno, why?

t. Abysia

Now that you reminded me, I'll post them soon babycakes.

Fibs

Here's gem income.

Not that it was needed given the map, but still important to see in this form: Provinces.

Disregard the memer, it's Orion

Bah forgot the image.

Income. The dip is due to Ulm's efforts fighting off Abysia and my attack last turn.

Army size.

Would it improve the single player experience/the AI in multiplayer any if there was a way to offer it gem trades or item trades? Assuming of course it would only take reasonable trades

Only if there was a chance for it to accept the trade and not hold up its end.

note the army size is because abysia(malakal) is a fucking cheater and abused the broken abysian xbreeding that scaled with an extra 10 units per extra level giving him 4 billion dudes per cast

If I'm sieging a fort and I move an adjacent army onto the fort to join the siege, will their reduction strength get subtracted from the fort's defense immediately next turn or do I have to use one turn to move them and another turn to make them siege?

>every summod game
>"oh god there's a game breaking bug"

>host a game without it
>no summod I won't join

Realm of Roaring Scrubs Pan, are you around? I want to discuss your proposal.

I want ragha to take his turn
and take a fucking double this time

If I can't abuse a game breaking bug, it's not worth it.

Why is that sheep covered with marijuana?

It's a seaslug that looks like a sheep

This one must be for the mer-welshmen.

I-is it bad if I actually liked that bug?

I wish all thrones had something like that.

Atlantis, UW dome isn't over yet. Return to the sea now

Push them back into the deep.

I will since he took my land to leave. Bad move on his part since I have a very angry jew stack right next to it

>No turns for a few hours
>3 turns in 10-15 minutes
Glad you got off work user.

Thinking about starting WAGESLAVEGAME where turns are a bit longer (36-48 hours in early game) to allow us fuckwits with a life to not stale.

would compensate by having staling twice be an AI-ing.

Would anyone be interested?

actually I just got done cleaning out my entire house for an appraiser

As a full time person, I have no problem with 24 hour turns

>48 hours for the first 10 turns

it would, admittedly, be a game for a small part of DOMG/vanheim. I love the game, but I have found myself in situations where 24+ hours go by without seeing a computer. I can't imagine I'm the only one who would have IRL troubles taking a turn.

stalers, of course, wouldn't be tolerated.

also work on the fucking wiki.

>work

you, in particular, go update the wiki.

I'd rather take it easy. Don't you know that work is death?

the germans, as they always do, said it best, most succinctly.

"Arbeit macht frei"
Work will set you free.

so go work on the wiki.

""""concentrate"""" on the wiki, if you will

That time of the day.

Game: TheBiggestFattestMeme
>Atlantis Waiting for 2h file

Game: GinnungagapREBIRTH
>Atlantis Waiting for 2h file

Atleast first pbem is 5 minutes from auto-hosting

>his tutor dies
>suffers the same attack
>survives
>takes on the mantle and becomes the Mighty Knight himself

This is almost poetical.

Question, when one say you can thug with skratti and Pans, do they mean like against under 10 pd? I'm just not sure what buffs to give them to get this to work. Quicken Self and Liquid body on the skratti? And Pans in general have eluded me on what to use their battle magic for.

>Sum1's Scrubs- /domg/:
>EA Mictlan, MA Pelagia
No idea where this clever strategy is going, to be honest. It's two lategame titans, one of which is also solid in the early and midgame but relies on a bless, and also relies on being in EA so will be worse against all ages. Will it be a bless build? Mictlan needs that to even approach their full potential. But Pelagia has no real use for it, their only sacred units are aquatic cap only and they don't even have good commanders for it, really. Am I missing something?

I might be interested. I can manage faster games, but I wouldn't mind one where everyone can take their time. I should probably be spending less time on Dominions and more on actual work anyway.

Apparently, yes.

Pelagia is fairly map dependent, but is by far the best nation at UW combat if there are connected seas. Taking that is basically denying the ability for any other team to pick a water nation without being at serious risk of getting rushed, especially given that the Mictlan pick lets everyone know that these knights will be packing a big bless. It seems like it would be better suited as a counter pick to something like EA Atlantis or MA R'lyeh, but picking it first basically makes those nations rush bait unless their seas are isolated from Pelagia's.

My guess is Pelagia plans on dominating the entire ocean with gigabless and then providing remote support to the others with gazillion pearls. As you've said they're definitely gunning for lategame.

>EA mictlan

QUADBLESS

they are fucking doing it!

>thinking about how many memes community clash will spark
>realize they can't post screens of what happened every turn because it'd give out info to other parties

Dominions sucks as a sport to watch desu

The problem is the map is undecided as of yet, no one has seen it. If MA Pelagia is the only UW nation (possible, as no one wants to play into that) they'll probably get relegated to something like a 12-15 province pond at most.

What happened to that disciples natgen thingy going on? I'm about to finish 2 games (or rather get finished) and need something fun to play.

and that's allright. they can just let mictlan be the big one. you don't need all players to be equally big, in fact you could even end up with one player only owning a capital for recruiting his cap only mages and going to construction 8 + some low paths for turning his cap only mages into SCs.

they can take an S9 and with a broken bless still make it seful early game while being broken lategame.
quadbless mictlan also runs the risk of being domkilled, but you can't get domkilled easily if pelagia is building candles in the ocean.