/hg/ 本田

Honda General
>'01 accord edition

Honda Chassis Codes
superstreetonline.com/how-to/chassis-suspension/1312-honda-chassis-code-checklist/

Vids:
>user testing his Si
youtube.com/watch?v=vpJHBghtpTw

>Shingu kills a birb (press F)
youtu.be/QQX44qJSuC0
>song in vid
youtu.be/JwxZe9qX4A4

>How to change a thermostat
youtube.com/watch?v=xNAW3NoWRaw

>user's Skunk 2 Exhaust
youtube.com/watch?v=-xVSz2nTtn8

>user shows us how to make cold intakes great again
youtu.be/rp2mlyP3bgI/watch?v=V3s0g-tjvPk

>Shingu's Exhaust (lel)
youtu.be/QLKcJL3PJ8k

>user blogfags about his motor
youtube.com/watch?v=lDu-OrrPqJ8

Bump the thread if you see this at page 10.

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/rp2mlyP3bgI/watch?v=V3s0g-tjvPk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Ayy

I need to try to get a new Koni Yellow for the front next month. Bitch has been blown forever and it feels awful. Still no regrets buying them used though.

>>user shows us how to make cold intakes great again
>youtu.be/rp2mlyP3bgI/watch?v=V3s0g-tjvPk
JUST

lel that was in the last thread too. I should have said something.

why didn't you say something nig

you better buy it in a pair

The other side is brand new. I didn't know the other was blown until somebody told me.

idunno lol

AppchanX shows the video titles without even having to click them.

Parted ways with the Odyssey last week, it lived a nice long 14 years with our family

Phew that's a lot of years. Scrapped it or sold it to somebody?

Anyone ever replace the hatch actuator in an integra? I'm going to try this weekend

That's the one in the collage right?

>the white bit on the passenger door trim

Yep that's it.

Will update fãm

>a couple of weeks ago
>driving with my father
>2005 Accord (EU version)
>suddenly
>VSA light, warning light and engine light all lit up
>car stopped accelerating
>turned off and on
>VSA and warning lights gone but the engine one is still there
>do it another 3 times
>light is gone

>today
>same shit

What could it be?

Pull the code out of it m8

yea, 14 years and around 158k miles. Donated it to charity, my father didnt want to deal with the hassle of selling it lel

Do you have a Honda user?

Yea, mines the 06 FG1

Temp needle still wandering but it isn't getting too hot. I can sit at a light and watch it go up then back down but never past a little over halfway.

>went for third on the highway to pass someone
>slight grind, nothing horrible
>3rd gear whines now

Hey shingu, how's your synchrotech holding up? I may need one soon ;_;

Still feels new. No regrets bro. If you can handle the $700 go for it. I used a credit card that I still need to pay off.

New thermostat when?

>great whining
I don't look forward to that day. You should try and change the trans fluid

Gonna grab one tomorrow most likely. I hope it doesn't fail during this last shift of the week.

Also a small fluffy doggo bit my knee on my last delivery. No fucks given though because five bucks.

Is it bleeding? Wash that shit with rubbing alcohol dawg

I threw some sanitizer on it and didn't feel anything so I think it was just a bruise.

Don't think the doggo intended to do it but it ran out the door and rammed into me wanting attention. Probably bumped me with his tooth.

Lol doggos are retardedly cute

Should I?
>1.3 with ~150k miles, 250k km
>1k dollars
>timing gear replaced, wheel arches repaired, tailgate replaced, some less important shit done
gonna call tommorow and ask about rust and shit, god knows how many owners she had

its a noblesse version with black plastics and electric stuff, so im pretty stoked

I may just pull the trigger and ask how much they want for me to rescue this CRX. I don't really want to spend a whole lot on my car to make it the way I want when this CRX already has a lot of what I want. Mainly the D16A6.

any protips what should I ask about? its gonna be my first attempt to buy a car

>timing belt
>a/c
>brakes
>fluid changes
>tires
>make sure no glass is cracked

also make sure the exhaust isn't falling off because mine is

The EUDM steering wheel is so nice. USDM is ugly as fuck.

No AC in that trim it looks. Though with a 1.3 it probably would struggle to run it.

yes there is I can see it, Unless it just has blowers? ac with the 1.5 makes it super slow so 1.3 might be tooslow4me

Did they put it in a different spot in that trim? The condenser is mounted to the right of the radiator in front of the exhaust header in both my EGs.

Blowers should work though.

Phillipines checking in. Still haven't shifted further than 3rd gear

Isn't the Philippines known for gorgeous well taken care of old shitboxes? I remember an user posting a bunch of pics from some country but I can't remember if it was there or not.

Looks good

Join the collage m8

If you're bored check out olx (.ph) it's like flipapine Craigslist

true that, is it any smaller?

>tfw had to rip out the carpet on driver side because water kept getting in somehow and a gorillion ants were living in it

Where's your cup holders?

Add me

Probably the same size. Looks so good though.

See pic related

>my half price books gift card
still kek whenever I see it

Thanks for nothing guys.

The job was actually really easy. It's so nice being able to pop the hatch. I haven't been able to really open it since I bought the car. It's nice and roomy.

I resurfaced my headlights too. Feels good man

Glad to help. Never did it before myself since they amazingly worked when i got the car.

Thinking about going kpro on my RSX-S.

If you have intake and exhaust I'd recommend it.

this is /hg/, not baby's first build. Come back when you're ready to install something that requires REAL mechanical know how like a cold air intake

Or lower control arms. Phew that was rough!

looks pretty clean, but that's a lot of złoty for a 1.3. Try to negotiate.

kek, my neighbor called the cops when he heard me screaming in my garage while replacing my lca bushings

I was getting pissed at just installing mine. Lining up all the holes is the worst shit. Similar frustration with installing the transmission. Even worse though because you can't see shit.

>no b16a
kek, why even bother

Gimme reasons why you like Hondas.

why, just so you can "debate" them? kek

Nope. Just wanna know all your reasons.

sure m8, sure

Hah, I'll keep that in mind.

I'll be doing a valve adjustment soon. Going to paint my valve cover at the same time.

the noise of the motors and the smell of old Honda interiors. I remember when I was like pre school age my mom had an 89 accord with the pop up headlights and a 5 speed.
She would rev the fuck out of it going down on ramps and I just thought it was the coolest car ever. There's really nothing up for debate, it's just personal preference

in case of the civic up to 6th gen, they're nimble, have adequate power with a b16a, and parts are available in abundance. Cheap to maintain. Undestructable (if you take care of rust properly first)

old pic

going to swap in b16a2

Do you think an 2010+ SI exhaust fit on a RSX-S? I just needed for two or three day.

Worst case scenario probably will need an adapter.

I finally shifted to 4th gear yesterday.

noice

how's abu sayyaf treatin' ya?

Cheap fun. Their wonderful technology is built to last and it is evident from their everyday super car the NSX, the new one too.

How's M.I.L.F. treatin' ya?

Not as good as your mom :^)

Corolla begging for my attention again.

> rear passenger tire flat, but it's almost brand new
> there's a pin hole in the side wall
> fucking Wal-Mart Good Year
> get the spare mounted
> front passenger low too, aired up
>12v plug burns out from the Slime air pump
> return it, find out Toyota puts a special washer on the plug that stops electricity flow when it gets hot enough
> remove it, fixed

Corolla pls stop. Civic is my main chick.

oh m8, burn!

Lol the corolla is a jelly type

>it's a page 10 episode

>wanna buy car stuff
>can't until next week

Paying rent is lame.

Being homeless is lame

True that. Luckily my mom's income isn't 0 anymore. Wasn't able to get shit this month thanks to spending money on the Corolla.

one of these days i'll mail you some parts bro:

>skunk2 alpha series dipstick
>hybrid racing low profile valve cover bolts
>Password:JDM carbon fiber battery cover

glad to help with whatever I can

That's pretty nice man. I actually had to replace my dipstick because the rubber handle wasn't there on mine. Burned myself a few times checking it while it was hot.

Aside from buying a new Koni Yellow and probably a thermostat (still monitoring my temps for that one) I think I'm just gonna save up whatever I can to help my roommate buddy get himself a car. I owe him for all the help.

>mfw this EG belongs to a grill

>no screw holes in front bumper

Damn I want one of those.

Thinking about getting a FN2 Type R. Anything I should be cautious about when I go to look at some?

Just be sure to rev it out all the way on your test drive and pay close attention to any lock outs or grinding in the transmission. I've heard just like the usdm 8th gens, fn2's have hit or miss transmissions

yeah, buying a gen that doesn't look like a fat pig on wheels

Unfortunately I like that "fat pig on wheels" look.

why, are you yourself a fat pig?

I'm a fairly athletic looking mulatto so very far off from being a fat pig myself.

so why go for the fat pig? Get an EP3 kek

I don't find the EP3 aesthetically pleasing and I want a modern looking car.

Does it really matter that I want an FN2?

>modern looking
oh no..okay suit yourself

Trust me, I know the EP3 is the better option but I have to also like the look of the car if I want to be truly happy.

I also see nothing but chavs and ricerfags in the EP3.

>chavs
oh so you're in the uk..why not get an ek9? Too expensive?

Too old looking mate. I love my cruise control as well which the FN2 has.

>too old looking
6th gen last good looking gen..fuck i would kill for a fucking ek9..but fuck rhd