QTDDTOT : Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread

Be Stupid Just Once And Not Ever Again Edition

>Ask Veeky Forums questions that are either sensible or stupid here.
>Also answer to questions if you know them.

Last QTDDTOT reached bump-limit.

Have a good day ahead, guys.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/aflDAxFGt7Y
vancouver.craigslist.ca/van/cto/5696019978.html
youtube.com/watch?v=5rAOyh7YmEc
youtube.com/watch?v=VAI0qD8aJYU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

youtu.be/aflDAxFGt7Y

What is making this noise on a sonata 3.3l v6?

vancouver.craigslist.ca/van/cto/5696019978.html

Im about to offer him 600 maple syrup bucks and go from there and i feel like its a bad idea

I know almost nothing about cars

Dr. Vishi Swos?

That's so cheap it doesn't even matter if it dies within 12 months.

I have a 2003 Chevy Cavalier Sport Coupe w/ 94k miles, and at highway speeds I can feel a bumping through my steering wheel like the road wheels are being jostled about. At about 75mph the shaking starts to come through even the upper dashboard so I usually don't surpass that speed. What could be the problem?

I think i might have put in too much engine oil. The dip stick shows beyond the F mark.
How fucked am i?

Congrats, your engine is now an oilaholic

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

Feed the beast, give in to temptation. Don't sign up for Oilaholics Anonymous like a pussy

N-now that the engine has cooled off i might need to get the oil pan. Later user.

Jokes aside just drain it a little and check the oil level. Repeat until you aren't above F anymore.

Too much oil creates too much pressure and can seriously damage your engine. Don't drive until you've done this.

Thoughts on getting a 120k 04 Mitsubishi lancer ralliart? Would be first car, having a mechanic look at it soon, all I know for now is that the A/C is fucked. Decently clean looking car though

I've never done any actual mechanical work on a car in my life, but I recently bought an NA Miata with 134k on the clock and want to start everything pretty fre$h so I know where it's at maintenance-wise. I asked my father to help me out with it and he said he thinks it's a bad idea because I'm "not a mechanic" and "the guys down the street will change your oil and check everything for about $30." He's also concerned about the initial investment because I need a jack, jack stands, torque wrench, appropriate oils, etc. I tried to explain to him it's about the experience and the initial investment wasn't a big deal to me.

This turned into a weird rant, but am I getting in over my head for someone who's never done this stuff before? There's so many detailed guides on the internet for NA Miatas I think messing up would be something I'd have to try to do.

Unbalanced tires? Low tire pressure? Seems like anytime I have this stuff happen its a tire issue. Worst case my rumbleing was once bacause a spark plug boot came loose and there was misfire.

Are second-gen Tundras overvalued in the same way second-gen Tacomas are? I flipped my 2006 5-speed Tacoma for well over KBB/NADA and was surprised to get that, and now I'm looking at getting a 2008 Tundra from a friend.

Are they overvalued to where giving him KBB/NADA would give me room for profit when I go to sell in ~1 year?

That was my guess too (about the tires), considering I felt it starting in the steering wheel and not in my seat. I'll check the tire pressure. If that's ok then I'll ask my mechanic about the tire balance. Thanks user.

If CTS-V and Z06 have overheating issues, why are they still allowing them to sell it even though it's a potential death-mobile?

GM claims that the automatics only overheat during track usage in hot environments. Most Z06s and Vs rarely see track use. I believe the 2017 Z06 is getting a radiator upgrade over the radiator used in the Z51/old Z06.

My first car was a 99 Miata and with no knowledge, I did a fine job of changing all the fluids and filters. Only thing I can remember being problematic was doing the fuel filter, which I went into under prepared and spilled a decent amount of gas onto myself in the process.

I say go for it.

>overheating issue
>death-mobile

Oh god I have to pull over cause the engine is hot I'm gonna die

Why does Veeky Forums blow literally every issue out of proportion and act like every little thing is the end of the world/worse than Hitler/.06 difference in track time = BTFO

Yes, and that's a back-off factor for a customer.

Thanks for the answer..

Can reading books make you buy cool cars?

Back off factor yes, death trap no.

>.06 difference in track time = BTFO
because trolling benchracers and the people that reply to them

>Can make human-monkey hybrids make good pop music?
possibly
youtube.com/watch?v=5rAOyh7YmEc
>Don't let the walls cave in on you

Well listen. No one wants their car catching fires.

because they're a bunch of try hard soft cocks

Where do i go with fucking around with this some more? Finished mechanical stuff and now dding my lesbaru project.

Would flat black wheels and tint rear windows be trying too hard?

i have a cel because of my "faulty" egr valve
if i delete it with a plate and clear the code
will the cel comeback ?

>tint
will be epic, all wagons should have tint
flat black wheels will look pretty good too
>that grill needs work

I'm moving up north to a place with record minimum temps ~-45 degrees Fahrenheit and average winter mins of around 0 Fahrenheit. Is a 50/50 coolant mix still suitable for these conditions or should I do 60/30 or 70/30?

60/40 I can't math

Of fucking course not

When else will you learn how to work on a car? Especially a shitbox miata? Gofer it

there's a tool for this.
youtube.com/watch?v=VAI0qD8aJYU

Seat Leon 1.8T (1st gen) or Mitsubishi Galant V6 (VIII gen)?

I have a v4 8th generation Galant and I love it. So far, maintenance has been cheap and simple and it has been reliable. It's a good, cheap DD. I got mine for $900. I can't speak for the V6 engine or Leon though.

That's nifty. Thanks.

You need your wheels balanced and/or an alignment

So I checked the tire pressure, all 35 PSI (max is 44). I'll go to my mechanic. Thanks fellas.

How does a car engine work?

does it work? will it fuck my car up?

It worked on my car, but it's temporary. It would work for a few weeks and then it would start overheating again. Eventually it stopped working and I sold the car, but it let me use the car for around another year extra.

I have a 150 watt 2 channel "booster" and a bunch of random speakers. how do I into audio?
I have two 2 ohm 20w speakers, 2 8 ohm 3 watt speakers, and a single 4 ohm 20 watt speaker
>can i hook these in series with a two channel?
>or should I do them parallel?

also 4 ohm is 20 watt nominal, 100 watt max
>what this mean?

If you have to use that shit, your car is already fucked up.

Suck press bang blow.

Im from pennsylvania and going to purchase a car in new York on Tuesday. What is the process after I have it checked by a mechanic?

I heard that for new York no notary needs to be involved just a title transfer form and bill of sale. But how do I legally get the car back to Pennsylvania with no plates of insurance? First time buyer here.

Lots of energy in, less than 1% of energy out.

.... more like 70 30 in winter.... there are charts for this

been curious myself, too proud to use it ever

I'm trying to find a dealership poster for the evo, or some other cars. Aside ebay and amazon bootlegs where would I find one?

Can you drift a fwd?

yes

I might end up getting a bike. I don't know every damn model in the market.

What stuff resembles a Honda Rebel or Suzuki Marauder that I should know of?
>250cc pls

those specs are cute, would own

Is white car with white leather interior haram?

Is tire dressing a meme?

Someone I saw had ancient tires, by the DOT date, but they looked beautiful and were still pliable.

He doesn't get hektic, but is that be the reason they're not cracking up?

What are the differents transmisions (CVT, DCT, Torque Converter) and which brands use what ?
I'm looking for a new car with a DCT, but the official sites won't give precise information.

What are your thoughts of the 2004 Subaru Forester XT 2.5L?

Do you own a strap on, or dildo?

The other option would be a virago they've been making those type bikes since before most of Veeky Forums users were born.

Why would you want a 250cc cruisers? most 600cc+ cruisers aren't that much more powerful.

Find the Daily bike thread and ask there if you need to know more.

You won't find a DCT in any car thats less than 50K new, and even then it would be in high end Euro, or Jap model cars.

Garage stored probably, I would not ride on tires older than 5 years if I had to.

Um if you're a nigger it isn't

No. Drifting implies power sliding, not just simply oversteering.

>You won't find a DCT in any car thats less than 50K new, and even then it would be in high end Euro, or Jap model cars.

Forgot to mention that I'm Fr, so EU cars.
So far for DCT I have found
Renault, Alfa, VW Group, BMW M, and it seems Merc AMG.
But most of the time they just put "Auto" in the info, without precision.

Wikipedia would probably help narrow it down.

Typically DCT's won't come anything but the sport models of cars.

However to my knowledge I wasn't familiar with any Mercedes model having DCT, other than their halo cars.

They typically employ torque converter DSG style transmisions.

This seller says his Cutlass with a 4.3L Olds V8 gets 21 mpg combined. Realistic? Because I'd expect more like 15 out of it.

Can be nice sleeper grocery getter.

I drive a 2011 CRZ.

It's rainy today. I noticed that sometimes there's a groaning, metal on metal sound when I ease into first gear (manual transmission). Is this anything to be concerned about?

My 2013 6mt CRZ does no such thing. Transmission is smooth and solid like a rifle bolt. You should probably get that checked out.

How many miles? I've only got about 15K

>Mercedes model having DCT

Same, but I found that the new Infiniti Q30 and QX30 use the DCT from Mercedes instead of a torque converter, and of course you won't find any information on this DCT.

>250cc
>250cc on a cruiser.
Nope can't help you senpai.
(Magna)

why are used cars so expensive on third world countries?

How often do you guys wash your cars?

Thinking mini cooper for around 5-7k for college car in metro city. Automatic.

Is that my best bet for that size of a vehicle?

I'd say weekly, mine is a magnet for dust here and I have lots of trees, so it gets dirty really quick.

Just under 42k. I suspect it's due to the weather but if I notice it in dry conditions I'll dig deeper.

9k is most I can realistically drop on a vehicle. Looking for smaller car that is easy to park but still fun and "zippy"

everyone starts somewhere and a miata is a great place to start I think it's a good Idea

You should be asking /dbt/ instead of here.

>a/c blows hot air out of the driver's side vents
>passenger's side vents probably only blow air barely 5F colder
>car is only 6 years old in two weeks

Was there a leak or did this giant pig of a fucking crossover actually use up all the coolant?

What is a good European online shop for aftermarket/tuning/body kits parts for german cars?

I just want an Eu tuning shop with wide offer of aftermarket products.

I went to check out a 300zx today, been sitting for years. It starts up but then shuts off after 2 seconds, could it just be bad fuel? Maybe the pump went? He siad it was running fine when he left.

Why do heavy duty trucks have smaller wheels with big hub cabs in the front?

How reliable are AMG engines in general?

They are the same size wheel/ tire. The rears are just duallys, basically two of the front rim back to back

Quick question:

I have dreams of listening to some retrowave or vaporwave is a late 80s car. I currently only have motorcycles as a daily driver and a backup truck as the utility vehicle for my projects.

Should my next vehicle be an 80's car? Is there any substitute to cruising late at night listening to some Com Truise on a warm summer night. Driving at a moderate piece in the empty city? Can I fulfill this riding around in my motorcycle with ear phones?

Will changing from partial synthetic oil to a full synthetic possibly harm the engine?

Thinking of switching from regular stealership oil to Pennzoil full synthetic

AW11

No As long as the car has had regular oil changes in the past, go for it

Do a full drain and you should be fine.

aw11 is calling for you

Thanks! I'm pretty anal about my oil changes, the most that car sees between changes is 5K.

Been reading good things about Pennzoil full synthetics lately

2016 Fiesta vs Fit, if you had to buy new which way would you go? I'm not buying a new car any time soon but I'm curious as to what Veeky Forums thinks about these two cars.

well, ones a ford and ones a honda....
I'm just going to pick the fit.

6 years is long for AC. You probably need a recharge. The crossover isn't shit you just hate it

>just hate it

I actually do

>FWD
>useless, uncomfortable third row
>transmission likes to be a gear up unless I come to a full stop
>dashboard made of cheap plastic
>sun visor made of even cheaper plastic and won't stay up
>transverse V6

I don't get why America shits on minivans so bad when those have actual room and the same engines their favorite cars-on-stilts use

on the other hand, that transverse V6 is the 2GR-FE, which is too fucking awesome to hate

K, so i have this fucked up situation where my car puffs blue smoke every now and then, especially if im going uphill, but the thing is, its not loosing any oil. took it to a shop and spend 800 on valves and valve seals, no change. car runs strong so i don't think im loosing compression, what might be the issue ? car is a 94 camaro

Possibly a PCV blowby issue? Is ther am unusually large amount of oil residue in the intake down stream from the breather?

I'm thinking of buying a VW golf 2006 with 108k miles for $2800. Is this a bad idea? Motor is 2.0 but I don't understand what that means compared to the other motors. Can someone explain.