Is the 106 Rallye a good first car? pic related is for sale near me for 1600€...

Is the 106 Rallye a good first car? pic related is for sale near me for 1600€. My Initial plans were to get a eg or a ek hatch as a first car but not even remotely good eg4's and ek2's go for more then double then this.

yes, but insurance will be high.

Not sure about the price I dn't know your area.
But the 106 is infinitely more fun than any Civic

this

That's assuming he's in the uk, rest of europe it should be less to insure than a civic. And easier/cheaper to maintain.

I always prefered japanese cars, hondas especially and have always disliked french cars because poor reliability, but seeing my friend having a blast with his 1.1 saxo really got me thinking. And the supermini's are probably the only french cars i would own...

nah look at driver side
he drive on the right side of the road
but still insurance will be high for a first car
i used to pay 800 a year for twingo when i got my licence

Not from the UK, just a poorfag Eastern European country. Also i'd have To lookup How much would insurance cost.

da pogodim...nas si?
anyway, nah, insurance will be dirt cheap, since it's mostly power and displacement based.

And look closely at the pic and the .rs domain on it.

>poorfag Eastern European country
Teško pogoditi...

Ha ja...
Anyway, 106-es are great little cars. There's a good reason they are so prevalent in Group N, hillclimb and other race types.
They are also pretty simple so maintaining one shouldn't be too hard.

Best of luck finding a good one man.

Thanks, i also had other cars in mind (6th gen galant gti, Mercedes 190d and many others) but i think i'll continue looking for a good little subcompact.

>Peugeot
>Poor reliability

Keep swallowing that meme cum

I realised it's a meme with our Dacia and it's 1.4 mpi Renault engine which is bulletproof so far

Yeah. But if you fuck up at a decent speed you're pretty much dead. Keep that in mind.

Well, 820kg curb weight comes at a price...

Could also try a GTi user they're often cheaper because no meme tax

Really, i thought they were more expensive?

Got a 1.4 peugeot 106 as dd

Its shit. But probably because my is about to break and explode.

there's also a 1.4 that looks like a gti.
tu engines are pretty bulletproof apart from the headgasket, fit an multi layer one and usually that sorts it.
ma gearboxes are made of chocolate
besides that they're so basic there's not much to fail and the parts are cheap.
so are upgrades, 206 gti brakes fit and work well on such a light car.
you can easily get 80hp/litre on the 8v engines and 100hp/litre on the 16vs
brasil has a thriving market for psa cars and tuning parts are cheap.
if you can do your own work you can turbo a 1.4 to make 200hp for €1500, you can build a 10,000rpm engine for €3000

That always intrigued me, How do you increase an engines rpm range?

Lumpy camshaft, bigger and lighter valves, stronger valve springs and extensive headwork (porting and polishing). Stronger and lighter internals also help, such as high compression pistons and lighter connecting rods. After doing all of this you obviously need to set up new ignition timing and fuel tuning since the engine now works at a different range of speed and requires more aggressive settings.

I suppose it is

Are You from Brazil? Where You from?

No.

99% you'll wrap it into something after lift-of oversteer, which i'm pretty sure you don't even know what it is

Serbia.

What would you suggest then?

Do Americans actually do any of these things to their car?

I'd like to know that too