/ovg/ - Race Day Edition

/ovgt1/ race starts at: 20 UTC
/ovg/ Indycar race starts at: 22 UTC

Previous thread: → →

Our Wiki should answer every single question you could possibly ask about sim racing and racing with us!
>get-good.net

We have a Mumble server, drop by and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

We're racing on Saturday, Sunday, and sometimes on Friday. Check out our Google doc for info!
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XpALsF4-VzQ
youtube.com/watch?v=q6I29UlOZSo
get-good.net/index.php?title=OVG_Hot_Version_II
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>racing while spa 24h is on

rbr a shit
dirt rally a shit
xpand rally is objectively the second best rally game

>not being at spa

good for you.

勝利のためにフランス

>being exos

>touched the guard rail
Pathetic

>still not using full rotation
>needs to use a shorter one as a crutch

I am thinking about getting something like a datel 360 wheel for my pc, thoughts? I really don't have enough to get anything more fancy, but then again I don't really play hardcore or anything, just like to practice drifts on like beamng and rfactor.

looks horrible
get some used logitech wheel with force feedback instead

Maybe look in thrift stores, in the old electronics sections. Yesterday I saw 2 logitech driving force wheels with pedals for $10 each, but they looked so dinky I didn't even bother.

>linking the wrong thread

kys

youtube.com/watch?v=XpALsF4-VzQ

Is there anything like Beam NG's ETK 800 available for AC?, feel like taking one around the Burgering, or something like one

It's literally a BMW.

I mean, there's the various hatchbacks and the Levante in the game now.

Daily reminder, Captain Slow has been racing here for almost two years and still has no clue how to brake for turn 1!

Sorry for spinning in front of you Dave, think it was cause I lost front downforce due to hitting someone that was braking early

Why is story mode locked?

oh cock

you are so small that i didnt see you

the game has barely anything to do once you've got your 2 cars upgraded.

R E K T

That's a shame, it was pretty decent for a mobile game.

Anyone have any more post-race airing of grievances?

>all the lamborghini drivers have been chased out

Sti should have shown up

no

>stall

kill me

i fucking hate larguu he's such a dick

larguu under investigation for driving like a penis

gas the jews when?

>sweat in eyes
>ass hurts
>no tires
>damage

good lad

not bad

whoa there little guy, calm down

I guess this is the part where I apologize. Sorry to make a post about it and not racing games, but I need to apologize. Sorry about making that post, and pretty much everything I've done to shit up the threads. I'm not really done with /ovg/, I just had one of those moments where I was just sick of shit. A lot of you I genuinely consider my friends, so I'm not just going to up and leave. I guess I was just so sick of getting into mumble and hearing endless "MIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEY". It's really only tomthy and larguu that do it, and when I ask nicely for them to stop, they just do it more. I really do like racing with /ovg/ though, and it's my second favorite group aside from the old WRD group. So I hope you guys accept my apology, and I guess I'll be on mumble after work.

you're still banned

A E S T H E T I C

Fuckers in school telling me, always in the barber shop Larguu ain’t bout this, Larguu ain’t bout that My boy a BD on fucking Lamron and them He, he they say that nigga don’t be putting in no work SHUT THE FUCK UP! Y’all niggas ain’t know shit All ya motherfuckers talk about Larguu ain’t no hitta larguu ain’t this Larguu a fake SHUT THE FUCK UP Y’all don’t live with that nigga Y’all know that nigga got caught with a ratchet Shootin’ at the police and shit Nigga been on probation since fuckin, I don’t know when! Motherfuckers stop fuckin’ playin’ him like that Them niggas savages out there If I catch another motherfucker talking sweet about Larguu I’m fucking beating they ass! I’m not fucking playing no more

What game should I buy to play with you fags?

Gas Guzzlers Extreme

Project Cars

I feel like you're memeing me, but I just watched the trailer and it looks pretty decent. Is this the thing you guys played today?

>couldn't even get a combined entry of 20 cars between two races
Good work mumblr

project cars is dead

Car entries are closed for the week.

Grab the car pack from the doc, which is below the track link, and below it is the carlist cfg of the server. Beware, the is pretty big(1.1 GB).

We're all getting hyped for the sequel, amirite guys :^)

>coolest car in the show is the Celica GT-4
>driven once, buy a badguy

>not just linking the pack in the thread

>Mod 370z when one exists in the game

Oreo's ruin sim racing performance, boy cott oreos.

off topic

What the fuck don't steal my name and tripcode thanks.

Fuck off I never trip

This is my GF, she is cooking me a pure AUTHENTIC Italian meal POST RACE.

What does your GF do for you anonymous?

>tfw no gf

>download rfactor
>try test first track with some green coupe
>first few laps are so garbage they don't tell me the times
>feeling pretty good about laps now, doing sub 2:30s
>still fuck up the turn past the hill every god damned time
>no ebrake

I'm having fun, I'm just angry about it.

>stock rfactor content
>wants to have ebrake in track race car
why

I want to do ezmode skidz. I'll mod when I feel like I know how to drive.

You are screwing yourself over big time using stock content in rFactor. It is not what the sim is for at all, it is severely underwhelming. There are tonnes of mods, everything from race horses to street cars to LMP1-H, and pretty much every track that ever existed in the world (and then some)

ITS MY BIRTHDAY WISH ME HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

its not my birthday please, fuck off.

My birthday is febuary 30th.

its the 31st of july.

sim racing is my favorite hobby, I LOVe sim racing.

Everyone is welcome to my birthday party in mumble! Were playing f1 race stars and ill buy it for you if you dont have it

There is Formula Vee mod for rFactor, get it and learn how to drive on it. Seriously, stock cars are pretty bad.

>but i hold irrational hate against open wheelers
then just browse some rf mod catalog and find cars you'd like, although formula vee should be perfect to learn how to drive properly

it is still july 30th (((my birthday))) on long island so stop impersonating me!!!!

I don't hate any cars, all cars are cool!

Fuckers in school telling me, always in the barber shop Larguu ain’t bout this, Larguu ain’t bout that My boy a BD on fucking Lamron and them He, he they say that nigga don’t be putting in no work SHUT THE FUCK UP! Y’all niggas ain’t know shit All ya motherfuckers talk about Larguu ain’t no hitta larguu ain’t this Larguu a fake SHUT THE FUCK UP Y’all don’t live with that nigga Y’all know that nigga got caught with a ratchet Shootin’ at the police and shit Nigga been on probation since fuckin, I don’t know when! Motherfuckers stop fuckin’ playin’ him like that

Them niggas savages out there If I catch another motherfucker talking sweet about Larguu I’m fucking beating they ass! I’m not fucking playing no more

Is that game any good? Also happy birthday kiddo.

its like mario kart with f1 cars and stars so its pretty fun

Server has been tested and all the cars apart from mine work. I might bother with it tomorrow if I have time, but it's more important that all of your cars are working fine.

If you still get unavailable content, try download the all the sileighties, 'cause I only added the S2 version on the pack.

download it then, formula vee is best formula ever
youtube.com/watch?v=q6I29UlOZSo

what are the tire rules
some cars can use slicks

get-good.net/index.php?title=OVG_Hot_Version_II

Mumble info?

I know you're being ironic, but I just want to say that F1 Race Stars was a shit, uninspired knock off of Mario Kart with the obvious corporate intention of cashing in on Mario Kart's popularity.

what if i use slicks

Whats a good racing game, somewhere between a sim and an arcade game, with good controls and customisation

gran turismo

On PC*

F1 2013

its my birthday but its not my birthday

u just got pranked stupid joke kid

Thank you for all that came to my birthday party on mumble i love you all!

I only fuck with hill, so if you don't.....

Don't talk to me, or try to come to my birthday party.

Do you guys think Horizon 3 will support G25?

What game is this?

Then you're probably Trav or Seth Rogen.

>tfw want to race online but scared of people

>provoking weaker players to overtake you right before corner and go in far too fast/starting from the inside
>making cars behind you angry by braking too early or whatever and watching them make mistakes in rushed attempts of overtaking

people are best thing about racing, especially in noob tier

Then I'll kick you.

does this get streamed?