Lads I just scaped my new Jewbaru in a parking lot. Like the paint is gone till the plastic. How do i fix it...

Lads I just scaped my new Jewbaru in a parking lot. Like the paint is gone till the plastic. How do i fix it? Will a simple touchup be good enough? I went to stealership and they quoted me 300

id leave it
let it remind you of your poor driving

Oh noes, a scratch.
How about do nothing?

Clearly you need to learn to drive better.

this photo sucks

You can use touch up on the big chunks. Just use a toothpick, dip it in the touch up paint and touch it to the plastic and let capillary action do the work. You might need more than one coat before putting the clear coat on.

It won't look perfect but it'll look better than that.

Ultimately you're gonna have to repaint the whole bumper if you want to fix it. My jewbaru got fucked in a similar way by a hit and run

touch up kit

will leaving it damage it and wear it out? like the plastic equivalent of rusting?

are you serious? look at your fogs they are bare plastic

Being this fucking stupid

4mb limit on 4ch
My other pics are hd af
Thats like saying "look at ur bodyframe its metal so it isnt rusting"
The cheapo plastic underneath the paper thin paint probably is susceptible to the plastic equivalent of rust

Hahahaha learn to drive faggot.

Got it. What touch up paint would you recommend? Like brand etc. Thanks for your reply btw

Plastic becomes brittle under UV light, but it won't rust

Like literally go look in your doorjam for your color code. Go to your dealer "I'd like a touch up paint pen for color XXX". Hand them $27. Don't forget to tie your laces or breath.

go to the dealership and get it from them. or any a place that can get the exact paint code for your car. after that put wax over the paint when its dried and wipe it off

What did i ever do to you, cunt

You bought a shitty angry modern car.

>angry
literally what?

Got it. thanks, btw the stealership also quoted me around $300 to respray and fix it, is it worth it compared to the touch up?

Like I said, the color won't be exactly perfect and you'll notice it but no one else will. Plus it's in a place you won't be looking at often. I'd say it's not worth it.

Repainting a bumper usually also means blending the color in with the rest of the body so they'll be blending into the panels next to the bumper as well.

I'm gonna wait until some other dickhead invariably fucks my bumper up further and get it all redone in one go.

cars look like this nowadays

You bought a new car. Fix it properly or gtfo. It should still be pristine

alrighty thx senpai

just touch it up yourself.

Or forger about it, take the $300 and put it towards a Cobb AP instead and realize keeping a car pristine is a futile and expensive effort.

No the whole bumper doesn't need to be repainted. A body man would just sand that area down, body fill it if needed, then paint that section and clear the whole bumper. Eeeeee zzzzeeeee

That looks terrible. Definitely worth touching up at least.

If you give $300 for that you're a sucker.
Fix it yourself.

You still need to sand down the whole area you're going to clear.

total loss. call ins company.

ok user, thanks for believing in me :^)

scraped**

>4mb limit on 4ch
>My other pics are hd af
>Thats like saying "look at ur bodyframe its metal so it isnt rusting"
>The cheapo plastic underneath the paper thin paint probably is susceptible to the plastic equivalent of rust
What the fuck are you saying man? Plastic can't rust you even admitted it youself.

those are 2 different posts for 2 different posters. I was simply saying bare plastic probably does experience wear and tear so its important to cover it

How does the file size limit prevent you from taking a photo that is in focus?

Because my phone takes high resolution photos. So when I tried to take a picture of the scratches from further away that would show the damage in perspective to the whole car it exceeded the 4mb limit by quite a large margin.

Christ you are moronic

?

What did he mean by this?