What's a good first car to learn to drift in? The first thing that comes to mind is a miata...

What's a good first car to learn to drift in? The first thing that comes to mind is a miata, but is there anything else I should look for?

Looking for a new (old) car to just have fun with desu
Let's say I get a miata, should I bother with a ~3k miata or just say fuck it and get a sub 2k instead?
Pic somewhat related, but I'm worried about snap oversteer desu and I doubt there are any clean ones nearby anyways

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vTHmA5wmviA
youtube.com/watch?v=dKziKX9SZ7I
youtube.com/watch?v=wOJR5NMuxRo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

o fug quads
bumping, though

rip Veeky Forums ;-;

I think spending an extra thousand is worth it. The car will give you more pleasure by virtue of being nicer, and if it's not falling apart the resale will be better too.

Also I forgot to add my car suggestion.

Older BMW's are pretty good for this purpose. I know the price of E30's had gone through the fucking roof lately, but if you have any cheap ones in your area they're good. E36 is pretty good too, fun car.

>a kart
>a rwd car that belongs to someone else
Don't smash your car into a wall trying to drift on a circuit or in a parking garage.
If you really want to use your own car as your first drifting experience, make sure you have someone who can guide you in the car and that you have a very wide open space until you get a good feel for how the car controls when sliding around.

Also, snap oversteer is a meme. While it's true that you're more likely to slide in an MR, you just need to think ahead instead of acting responsively. The trick to normal driving an MR is to power smoothly out of the corner when you see it open up, don't
>put a lot of power on entering the corner
>brake, you should have slowed down on the straight
>slam your foot on the accelerator or put power on reactively to the car's movements (you need to be smooth throughout, if you don't have this, you can't balance out the car)
>make wild counter-steer movements (this is the biggest cause of snap-oversteer, since you panic trying to "reel" the car back in, instead of continuing your line calmly)
and you'll be fucking fine.

while I wouldn't mind an e30/36, I'm always worried about the reliability
is it a meme? Won;t i spend a fuckton in insurance and maintenance?

m-maybe if i find a nice one

MR2s are grip cars
get a miata or something FR if you want to drift

when will the snap oversteer meme end?

youtube.com/watch?v=vTHmA5wmviA

>took the corner like a fucking retard
jesus christ why do people honestly expect to apex shit like the conditions are perfect when they're almost the exact opposite?
Hell, had he not even fucking tried he would've been fine.

to clarify, he fucked himself over at 13-14 seconds in, and he should've known that the second he saw the footage.

What are those meters in the center console? Is getting stuff like that actually beneficial? I've never put mods to a car so I have no idea what mods are actually useful and what is "rice"

rice = what i don't like

Yeah I guess it's personal preferences but the main question is what are those in mods he has and what are generally considered practical mods that a "driving enthusiast" consider beneficial but not entirely out of place? So I guess mods that are useful and not just cosmetic.

I've had mt E30 for 2 years and almost 40k miles. The only hiccups i've had have been my fault. You just gotta make sure you fix EVERYTHING as soon as you get the car. If you do, it's as reliable as anything, and there are multiple resources on the multiple E30-Specific forums. Mine does DD duty, and gets thrown around on the weekends with no problem.

Are E30 verts good for daily drivers that I also shit on the weekend? My uncle has a 325is and damn it's nice, but I can't afford one of those. There are a few MT 325i verts in good condition for pretty reasonable prices near me.
Are they floppy or heavy?
Can verts drift?

i dont see anything wrong that he did

any car can drift, FWD,RWD,AWD
it just takes skill and practice for all of them

I don't drift but from the looks of it
1. The roads look wet
2. He accelerated into the turn instead of accelerating out of it
3. He overcorrected hard trying to come out of the turn

>fwd drift
top luhmao senpai

ae86 corolla meme car standard with RWD

something modern: try an frs.

youtube.com/watch?v=dKziKX9SZ7I

youtube.com/watch?v=wOJR5NMuxRo

>RWD
>Dually kicks up a lot more smoke for cool Skeds

Thats not drifting. Thats sliding around like a fucking Saudi.

>weight ratio: 70:30

Drifting is drifting

yeah man being brand whore idiots who have to buy THE car as opposed to just being a good driver is a great idea

>drifting in a kart
Fuck outta here, karts fucking suck at sliding.

>tfw car is too rigid and slow to drift anything other than dirt and snow

You probably think that because you're the guy who spins himself on a straight and then screeches that somebody hit your rear tire from two kart lengths away

Dang, what wheels are those?

What fucking kart has enough power to properly keep the rear end out? As far as I know they don't make tires shitty enough for even TAGs or DD2s to keep roasting them.