What is up with this truck and why are sandniggurus so attached to this truck

what is up with this truck and why are sandniggurus so attached to this truck.
specs: 2.7 inline 4cyl efi rwd 5spd mt.
price : =18000-20000 usd

is this truck available in your cuntry ?

>Why do people like this truck

It's cheap and reliable. Same reason sand niggers like Aks.

lel, then why the heck isn't it avail in north america ?

Same reason we don't have suzuki ravis.

Because we have better, everything.

Tacoma, Ranger, Dakota, Frontier, Colorado/Canyon.

Ram, 150, Silverado, Seirra, Tundra, Titan.

Why the fuck would you want a hilux?

why the fuck not ? it seems like an option that should be available.

Because they get the mechanically identical Toyota Tacoma, lovingly nicknamed the "Taco", instead.

>Tacoma
>better than anything
pic related. Good luck. There was a HUGE recall for this because they were built from such shit materials.
The only thing a Tacoma is better than is the Honda Ridgeline.

all heavier, less reliable, larger, more expensive, worse fuel economy
though americans understand this and still go with muh f450 dually even if they only put 50kg of tools in the back and tow a dinghy ten times a year because you all have small dicks and need to compensate

>Because we have better, everything.
Not really. Fellow Americans from your country would love to have more options, such as having single cab diesel L200s, some 2.7 Hilux, maybe a BT-50, perhaps a Ranger with a 3.2 5-cylinder diesel and a 6 speed manual, etc. But no, your laws are very restraining and you're all stuck with huge trucks. That doesn't mean they're better.

>Silverado/Sierra
>less reliable
wut. The LS V8 engines are bulletproof and would outlast any of Toyota's engines. And Fuel economy is actually decent. Fuel economy of mid-size trucks like the Tacoma and Hilux aren't much better than the Silvy's fuel economy.

>mechanically identical
no, no it's not.

>muh diesels.
pic related. It will not catch on in America. Diesel trucks don't sell anywhere near as much as gas trucks.

>such as having single cab diesel L200s
I don't want that. I want a crew cab 4WD Exceed.

i like the silverado/sierra, but really hate it for not having an mt option.

>would outlast any of Toyota's engines
nope. toyota performance engines last 1 million miles. their utility engines are countless times more sturdy

>wanting a manual in a truck
stupid

No one but Ram offers a manual transmission on full size trucks any more. The only Ram you can get with a manual is a 2500HD with the Cummins I6 diesel.

And it's worse than the Aisin auto.

ignorance at its finest.

Sadly no. Hilux is GOAT SHTF vehicle.
>why?
>stop liking things I don't like!

You're shitting me. Why wouldn't you want a manual transmission for a fucking truck of all things?

>stop liking things I don't like!
It's more like
>stop whining that stupid configurations aren't available

Yet you guys have fuckhuge 7 liter engines in RAMs and things like that. I don't get it. Also, those laws sure are cucking the car market of the USA.

I don't like diesels because they are disgusting, but they do the job just fine.

They look nice.

damage control at its finest

why is it stupid to want something that fits your needs ?

>is this truck available in your cuntry ?
Yeah, it's popular because it's a truck truck.
It rides like shit (or rather, like a truck, not like these new trucks that are basically a Grand Marquis), interior is as basic as it can get (no power anything, although recent year I think already introduced power windows and locks for all models, radio is still an option).

BUT, it hauls what you need, is incredibly cheap to buy and maintain, has good mileage, and works and works and works without breaking.
Same reason we still get the Nissan D21 hardbody (updated panels and facia) to this day.

I like them, they mean work and work they do, and cheap, cheap everything. What's not to like?

You don't have them because of chicken tax, same reason why you don't have the international Ranger (4x4 diesel, uuuumph).

>mechanically identical Toyota Tacoma
Not at all. The taco was made to compete with american civilized ride trucks.

LS are great engines, but you haven't compared irl figures (as in, used both trucks) if you think a Hilux doesn't destroy any other truck in terms of economy.
Also, they are huge now, while the Hilux and similar trucks stay kinda small still while having a decent bed and hauling capabilities. It just makes more sense for someone that needs a truck for work.

>Sissy Ameriplebs can't handle a clutch even with a torquey engine

Please explain why a manual transmission for a truck is bad. I'll wait.

damn sounds bretty good, basic, easy maintenance, durable, are you a salesman ? where are you from ?

0/10 euro go home.
>starting with heavy loads
>downshifting under load

0/10 burger, stay incompetent.

The laws can be easily skirted by most manufacturers since they almost all have American manufacturing plants. The real reason we don't have them is the companies don't see enough demand for them.

Mitsubishi also never cared about the American market, so we just eat a dick as far as they're concerned.

So because shifting is hard? Pretty shit reason m80. Well I liked the look of older trucks anyway, this will just give me a better reason to restore one over buying a newer used one.

South of the border.

Family runs a construction firm, many of my friends run farms

So, we might not ride a Hilux or D21 but our contractors do.
Friends in farming are the same, they'll maybe ride Silverados, F150s, 1500, (since they do need something to get to the farm at least) all in excellent trims, while the worker's trucks inside the farm are all Hilux/D21/L200s with nothing inside except A/C and a 5 buck radio ripped out from the previous truck.

>Lol muricans don't haul anything meme
It's like Europoors are broken records.

So once again: Gas is cheap, insurance is expensive. Often i need to haul a fuck amount of shit, other times i need to haul a family. Why should i buy two cars when i can get a truck that can do both?

Unlike in Europe where owning a truck would mean you'd kill yourself paying for gas, filling up for a v8 really isn't anything the average working class can't do.

>european
there are five other continents, pick one

More like four. Australia might as well be Europe given the culture.

Yea, it's not, though. Australia is in Oceania.

>australian and european culture anything alike
the ignorance is astounding.

Unless you live in Venezuala or some oil rich third world, like SA, your gas is more expensive than US.

A gallon in Sidney, is 3.7 USD.
A gallon in Hawaii (the most expensive currently) is 2.7 USD.

Only first world with gas as cheap as US, is Canada. And you can see that we're just a more cucked America. And love our trucks too.

california is at state wide average of $2.792, seeing as our minimum wage is 70% higher, the difference is insignificant
no one in australia cares about fuel prices. thats why our most popular family sedans are v8 powered

So? They still have strong European influences on their culture.

Having been to the UK and Australia, on admittedly short trips, they seem pretty damn similar to me.

So, since America has wide reaching cultural influence, everywhere is North America?

>They still have strong European influences on their culture
yeah no. if there is any influence it would be from the southern american states.

>Having been to the UK and Australia, on admittedly short trips, they seem pretty damn similar to me
nope

>even if they only put 50kg of tools in the back and tow a dinghy ten times a yea

I've had to upgrade the rear springs on all my half-tons. I have a liftgate on one F150 (with Hellwig leaf spring and Timbren urethane overoads plus coilover shocks) to hunt machine tools (I've had a Bridgeport mill in the back), metal, engines, motorcycles, and much more.

I don't care about fuel economy because anything over 10 mpg is painless. The only reason my F250 with a 460 gasser isn't in use is because air conditioning spoiled me. When I put a modern AC on it I'll drive that too.

All Ford and Chevy pickups (I've owned and worked on many of both) are easy to keep on the road and (gasser engine) parts are cheap. I /diy/ and wouldn't own anything unreliable. I have one SIlverado I assembled from two wrecked donors (rollover drivetrain donor + frame hit cab donor) . Works fine as do a shitload of others.

There are plenty of Chevys and Fords in fleet use. Show us the Toyota equivalents!

Much love for Hilux but they are fucking tiny. Too small, too bad.

Put a modernized FJ-40 cab on a half or better 3/4-ton pickup chassis and you'd have something.

No but you can see the influences. Just like how i heard a lot of the same slang in both places (australia and UK).

Didn't seem that way to me. Might be due to the area and, like I said, the fact it was only for a week each place.

>There are plenty of Chevys and Fords in fleet use. Show us the Toyota equivalents!
countless toyota hilux and landcruiser fleets, but your chicken tax means none in your country :^)

>machine tools (I've had a Bridgeport mill in the back), metal, engines, motorcycles, and much more
all of this you can put in the back of a hilux or lc.

Can confirm LS is best v8 ever produced. I've got 3. One 6.0l swapped 93 gmt400, 1 in a miata and one in my raggedy ass inboard boat. All junkyard pulls varying from 100k miles to over 400k on the miata engine. I've had probably 10 so far and only broke 2. 1 with a 250hp shot of nitrous and the other to much boost. 20 lbs on pump 93 in 103 degree weather is a no no.

so you spent a week in the city and think your opinion on whether or not two entirely different countries have a similar country

by the way, ukfag culture is also entirely different to the rest of europe
typical american talking shit

>But no, your laws are very restraining and you're all stuck with huge trucks.

We don't need small trucks. YOU do. We have totally different use cases which are absurd to compare. I have motorcycles for fun, trucks for hauling and bad weather, and no use case for a babbytruck or I would own one or two or three. (I like trucks.)

Economy? Not my problem and modern engines aren't especially thirsty. It won't pay me to buy a miniature.

Parking space? I have six acres and I'm a poorfag.

Tiny urban roads? Not where I live. I haven't had to parallel park since the 1970s.

Need narrow vehicle for off-road? Most people into hardcore off roading tow their trucks/jeeps/ATVs with another truck for convenience.

And California is Europe tier.

Get out of that commie state and having less than 6 cylinders means you're a massive fag.

Also that's bullshit, your best selling new cars are all I-4s.

If Hiluxs, or any other third world light truck had any sort of demand in America.

Some company would just be building them in Canada or Mexico and sending them to the US under the Free trade act.

Just like dodge does with RAM.

Chicken tax has nothing to do with it, Americans don't really care for a small truck. That's why the ranger and Dakota are gone, and Tacoma is getting 1/2 ton size while Colorado is becoming a family suv.

wut, there is demand for the Hilux. Quite literally the only reason we don't have them is due to californias stringent emissions laws. Even then I know of one (American) company that goes to overseas auctions to buy hilux engines just to stick them into a taco. Demand might not be high, but it's there. I mostly hear about it from SHTF types.

>Demand might not be high, but it's there
So you admit that it's not very profitable to bring them here.

Demands 'are there' for a type Rs as well, but it's not coming here. Even though it'd be pretty easy to make them ok with US law. Just not enough people want one.

Look at the fiesta or something, it was in Europe for YEARS, but it's a recent thing in America and US. Cos until recently, US and Canada wanted a compact car that was the size of a full sedan in other countries.

The only reason Focus RS is sold in US is because ford is a US company so it's not too expensive to do sell them here, not many people buy those either. The bread and butter is still the focus SE and Titanium.

>we don't have them is due to californias stringent emissions laws.
Uh, no. California has nothing to do with it as you could easily not sell the car in California or make it compliant.

Well with all the love that tacos get I just think if they brought the hilux over it would sell just as well. Though honestly most of the people I know who lust after a hilux mostly care about getting a diesel engine with excellent reliability and cheap 4x4.

see the pic in While possible, they'd want the biggest market they can get. Plus the issue with importing the hilux as I recall is the diesel engine not meeting californian emissions standards. It isn't so much they couldn't sell it there as they couldn't even import it into the state of california, which takes up a large portion of our coast line and is used for a fuck ton of commercial shipping. So unless people were screaming from the roofs for the hilux I doubt toyota would ever make the effort to bring it to the US.

>see the pic in
I won't.

California emissions is not that difficult to pass relative to federal emissions, you're 90% there. The issue with importing the Hilux is that it's an import, it has to meet safety standards. So the real obstacle is demand. If they thought they could make their money back and some profit, they would.

rams and fords don't hold a candle to land cruisers in harsh environments.
the hilux and l200 are awesome trve work trucks that are used in oilfields all across the globe.

>Put a modernized FJ-40 cab on a half or better 3/4-ton pickup chassis and you'd have something.
It's called a Land Cruiser, and you can put a ton in the tray of a hilux...

>California emissions is not that difficult to pass relative to federal emissions, you're 90% there
This would be true... if we were talking about gasoline emissions. We're not. We're talking about diesel emissions, which are MUCH stricter in the states. Or did the dieselgate scandal completely fly over your head. BTW, I should point out there is STILL no fix for that. Diesel emissions are already difficult enough to pass in America without considering California's as well.

>Toyota-tards actually believe this.
The reason they're used is because they're available.

The sandbox can't afford to import F series or rams or whatever into their shithole, so they make do with second or third hand hiluxes.

I used to live In pakistan (born there) and a business we worked with grey imported 3 F-series back in 1990 something, not sure where it was imported from, or what F series they where, but it wasn't a 1990 model, it was at least 10 years older. But they where right hand drive.

They used it to haul building materials from site to site. We had our minds blown at how much better they where than the Suzuki, Hyundai kei trucks and Hiluxes. Also they loved the Automatic transmission. I went back in 2009, and a family had a toyota echo (it's called a vitz) there and they where bragging about their automatic transmission. That was fun.

i live in iraq and the reason why everyone prefers it here is because there isn't many options

I'm in the construction business in Norway and at my workplace the Hilux is the most popular truck. There are 10+ Hiluxes driving around here at the site. The second most common truck here seems to be nissan navara. 3rd most common is Isuzu D-max.
The Hilux is popular because of it's reliability reputation I guess. It's a well established name in the industry.

Also, even though it is "small" compared to ameritrucks, it's still a longer vehicle than a lot of normal cars. So yeah, for European parking purposes, it's big enough as it is.
The Triton has a very ugly front. We have one of those driving around here and I almost cringe when I see it. It's arguably the ugliest pickup on the market.

I had a 2008 single cab tgn16r, now i've got a 2016 single cab tgn121r. Both flat trays, manual 2wd 2.7lt.
They're relatively quick (if you dont mind the fuel bill), handle pretty good for what they are and are cheap to buy and you get a lot for your money and best of all they hold their value significantly more than a similar priced new car.

Also when it gets old parts will be plentiful, and aftermarket support and even performance parts will be abundant.

• Chicken tax on imported light trucks.
• Domestics own the fleet market for work trucks, so Toyota designed a leisure truck for the American market, the Tacoma

>The Triton has a very ugly front
Personally I find the back to be the worst part. Driving behind one makes me feel disgust.

>• Chicken tax on imported light trucks.
Can be bypassed by building in Mexico or Canada

>• Domestics own the fleet market for work trucks, so Toyota designed a leisure truck for the American market, the Tacoma
Domestic owns most fleet markets. Taxis generally use Malibu and shit, and still use town cars as limos.

>Wanting a functional transmission that is better for towing, hauling, offroading, and fuel economy
>Stupid
>Calling it a truck when it has 'muh luggzury' fisher-price chinese interior and 'muh teknologee' open diff and solid rear axle over leaf springs fit for a medieval cart

Fat retarded pindick seppo: The post

Modern automatics are better than manual. In almost every way except maybe price. They're better for towing, hauling, off roading and fuel economy.

>Not having a solid rear axle
>Calling it a truck
Sorry your ridgline will always be a minivan.

>In almost every way except maybe price
I agree, since some modern automatics are more like manuals with a robotic component instead of complicated torque converters and shit.
That said, the price and ease of repairing, servicing, and keeping a manual is still cheaper, and that's what attracts a lot of people who get them (outside of america), hence it's still a popular option outside.

>Why the fuck would you want a hilux?
You think American trucks including the Tundra, Titan, Tacoma, etc will last as long as the Hilux lasts? And considering fuel economy, Americans make their cars like fuel is no big deal. Hilux has a torquey engine on almosta ll variants and that's enough for just about anything.

>is this truck available in your cuntry ?
Of course. I am Dubaifag and this truck(actually we call anything with a bed a pick-up) is a part of our country UAE. You see at least 3-5 of these in your vision every time. High amounts of torque, heavily fuel efficient, sturdily built, etc like no one else builds.

Even though we have choices from Nissan, Mitsubishi, other Chinese companies, we blind-foldedly choose Hilux. It almost never brings us any head-aches. I work at a cargo company her in Dubai and we have over 25 Hiluxes in our fleet. The drivers when asked about it, says nice about the pick up. It's just that awesome in everyway.

It's actually sad you can't buy the pick-up privately by privately I mean you can only buy the truck if you have a company of your own. That's kind of killing my dreams of giving it a custom paint job, making it more rugged-looking, adding so many customizations, etc.

>This would be true
No, it is true. I said if you can pass federal emissions standards, then you are already most of the way to passing California standards. California is not the reason we don't get the Hilux.

>offroading
Yea, no. Pickup trucks don't belong off road anyway.

>complicated torque converters

Available here, but with 4cyl diesels. They are absolute god machines.

>mechanically identical Toyota Tacoma

no

>that picture

the frame is one of the differences between the two trucks, the hilux having a much more robust boxed frame.

>ukfag culture is also entirely different to the rest of europe

we can say this about any european country, and the US and nz\australia if we go in to fine enough details.

but in general, all of these places share the same western european culture.

thats because the concept is alien to you because american trucks are useless for offroad. hilux and other trucks like them are brilliant for offroading.

interdasting

>thats why our most popular family sedans are v8 powered
>popular family sedans
>V8 powered

No, they still have worse breakover than a wagon. Face it.