Alright Veeky Forums, daddy needs a landbarge...

Alright Veeky Forums, daddy needs a landbarge. There is a pristine 1989 Cadillac Fleetwood 60 Special near me on sale for 1000 dollars. It has 100,000 miles on it, pristine interior, and seems to be running without issue.

Should I pull the trigger?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XCFJ_gJj_YQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

If you're capable of basic engine maintenance, suspension replacement, and brake service go right the fuck ahead.

How much do you value your own life?

It'll be a grocery getter in Portland Oregon. I doubt it'll even hit the interstate much. I'm not worried. Are you a fellow auctionbro?

Sounds okay to me but that other user is right you'll probably need to service the suspension to get it to ride the way it was intended and that may very well be the problem it has that drove the price down.

Yes.

Then maintain the fuck outta it: These old things ain't too hard to maintain anyway. But buy it, because another 20 years and the land barge will be a distant memory.

Right now things like the Town car are keeping it somewhat alive.

That's exactly why I want it. It's a disappearing slice of Americana.

Another significantly newer option is the panther platform. I just bought an 05 crown vic from a widowed lady for $850 a couple of weeks ago. It needed maintenance stuff (wipers, brakes / rotors, all new fluids, serp belt / tensioner) but overall no issues whatsoever.

Fucking do eeeet

That's not a fleetwood 60 special

That's not the car I'm actually buying. This is.

City streets have speed limits up to 40 MPH. A 40 MPH impact to the side can be deadly, or leave you with life-long injuries that may lower your quality of life. Two cars colliding into each other head-on at 40 MPH is the same force as one car colliding into a parked car at 80 MPH. You should consider these risks when purchasing an older vehicle for the well-beeing of yourself and those who ride with you.

It is a beautiful car, though.

>Are you a fellow auctionbro?

No? Sorry, I don't know what that is.

Jesus Christ man, did your mom die in a crash? Fuck off with your death paranoia.

You're on an automotive enthusiast board with several threads up about high performance sports cars. Fuck off lad.

There is about 1 death per 100 million miles traveled. Be aware, sure. Paranoid? No

Hardly a land barge t b h, I've owned Yuro cars in Yurop with a similar width, only a little shorter. With landbarges you either go all the way or you don't go at all.

First gen Town Car if you want the pre-90s look (the first gen looks more 70s than 80s even though it came out in the late 80s), second gen Town Car if you want the 90s look with rounded off shapes and body colored bumpers instead of chrome shelves (pic related).

>buying a car for 1000 dollars

If you're not going to buy a car of at least 30000, it doesn't matter what you buy because it's a cheap piece of shit one way or the other.

>dis nigga tryin' to break down accidents

BOI I TELLS YA, 30+ BE THA RULE HERE FOR ANY MAJOR INJURIES TO START APPEARING

Go away Mom, we're talking about cars for how cool they are.

Seriously, do you count the number of air bags before you buy a car too?

You're on an automotive enthusiast board, we like fast cars, going around corners enough to lose grip causing tires to smoke, and eurobeat to play. We prefer dangerous things like Manual trannies and rear wheel drive.

soccer mom leave REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

The Fleetwood was also pretty good at being a landbarge in a post-landbarge world. And from 1994 onwards they used Corvette engines in it.

Cool. Epic. Nice. I like it.

be ready to enjoy maximum comfyness, user

You should get him an eldorodo and play Steely dan all day.

youtube.com/watch?v=XCFJ_gJj_YQ

The 60 Special Fleetwood is my choice landbarge. Go for it, OP.

Bonus points if it's a d'Elegance.

And if it's a Talisman, you better keep that shit MINT, cause that's a collector's car at that point.

Sounds like a good deal, also nice car.

you fucking pussy. kill yourself.

>a pristine 1989 Cadillac
>100k miles
>ONLY $1000

what's the catch?

ow the edge

kill yourself retard

>well-beeing

That's what I want to know. I'm hitting the stealership on Monday to find out. If the thread's still up because sl/o/w board, i'll report back.

fucking run away, fast. that piece of shit front wheel drive DeVille they slapped the sixty special name on will be a nightmare. The HT aluminum engine was basically experimental when they slapped it into these cars, and has all kinds of expensive-to-repair failure modes, including head bolts tearing the threads clean out of the block during "normal" operation. AVOID THIS CAR.

There are a number of swaps that can be done to this platform, right? And even still, this car is going to be babied and driven lightly less than twice a week.

Also, all the boomers on cadillacforums seem to have no problem with the '89 Special from the 68,000 to 120,000 mile range. The 4.5L version of the HT engine that went into the Special was a later variant than the 4.2L in the DeVille and had been refined.

bump

I think that old caddys are so cheap because they have weak transmissions and uniquely made engines that don't last. That being said, go ahead and buy it.

I think I can milk out another 10,000 miles with a Haynes manual and ACDelco parts.

Don't you mean before? post 94 I thought they used that shitty northstar crap.
>plus fwd

t. beige camcord driver

rwd fags are braindead

RWD is the superior way to build a sports car, but Cadillacs are not fucking sports cars outside of the CTS-V