What's the best way you've found to keep your car secure?

What's the best way you've found to keep your car secure?
I just bought an R32 Skyline, and am sort of concerned about it.

Currently looking at getting a quick disconnect steering wheel.

Don't live in the hood

It's too late

don't bother with that faggotry. Just install a hidden kill switch. When on, the car will act as if there is a dead battery and refuse to do anything, even if the ignition barrel is bypassed.

Move

Lmao I just bought a car, can't break my lease.

I actually have a friend that's working on one for his car. Glad you mentioned it, I'll get some good advice and direction on it.

Bread on roof

Pull out your center distributor plug.

Do nothing. Just put a GPS tracker on it and make sure insurance covers theft to your liking. If someone wants your shit they'll take it. They'll get a flatbed or trailer and winch it away if that's what it takes.

>I live in the ghetto but im going to buy a skyline

You reap what you sow

I mean it's not really that bad. Mostly Mexicans and blacks that don't know anything about cars.
They raised rent, so everyone is moving out except the white people kek

Ideally you should be parking it in a secure location like a garage away from the public street.

Most car thieves are criminal opportunists, they will only jump on it if they think it's an easy steal. Otherwise they'll just fuck off to the next one.

Steering wheel locks are fine. Could also invest in a password protection thingy, my supra can't turn on unless you press a few buttons in a particular order.

None of this can protect your car from someone coming along and towing it away though. Unless of course your willing to go to extreme measures like clamping your own car every time you park it up.

Dont park it on the street, if you do have a steering lock device and turn your wheel towards the curb

What about a handbrake lock?

where do you live, user?

as a guy that daily drove a turbo crx to a crowded and poor community college parking lot i can give you a few tips i found.

install an aftermarket ECU like aem infinity or haltec elite that has anti-theft features. inputting a specific code or perhaps another key of some sort will only allow the car to start when the code is input within a set amount of seconds. (example brake brake 50% throttle with ac button on and then hazards on to start) This was the single biggest relief to me when i was leaving my car for 6 hours at a time in a shitty part of town.

2. Dont leave anything worth stealing in your car. NOTHING, i mean period, no change take your faceplate off your radio and stuff it under your seat, open the glove box and take all the paperwork out and put it under your seat and leave it open so they can see nothing is in there. This will keep you safe from faggots that smash and grab.

3. Good alarm, something with tilt and glass break sensors and a backup separate battery. Tow way pagers is even better. Although all the extra sensors are a pain in the ass to setup without going off at the slightest fart near your car, when done its well worth your time.

4.. GPS tracking, ebay gps tracking devices, they are cheap and probably one of the only sure fire ways to find your car if it got towed off. They can be charged from your backup battery and last from 7-30 days on there own power and will provide a wealth of information to your phone.

Not OP, but I'm saving this for future reference. Thanks for your expertise, user.

Aftermarket immobiliser, alarms, and get a steering wheel lock. This still won't do shit to deal with the lebs showing up with a flatbed so have GPS installed too.

You can use the steering wheel lock to bludgeon lebs with.

>All this shit to prevent niggers from nigging

How can you even live

>Aftermarket Secco system
>Two Hidden Cut switches
>???
If you really wunna kill it pull a couple of relays

>You can use the steering wheel lock to bludgeon lebs with.
Why not just CC so you can shoot them instead?

Actually that'd be cool. A system that if not deactivated before sitting in the car, puts a 12 gauge slug up your ass when you start it. It's shooting up so not very likely to damage the car, only thing you'd have to watch for is the blood after wards.

We need to ask /k/ on this.

BMW (was it bmw?) did it really right with that flame thrower to kill car jackers.

>buy something worth 10k+
>wont spend 100 euros/dollars to protect it
ok bud

>BMW (was it bmw?) did it really right with that flame thrower to kill car jackers.
yes it was real, was in south africa on an e36

But it was not an official modification, it was an aftermarket that i think the guy would sell to people. No idea if that took off.

no problem user, i would like to help people out because getting your shit jacked is one of the worst things on this planet. Thieves should be shot on the spot.

To elaborate on why a ECU is the best anti-theft out there is because it disables the injectors, so unless they are walking around with another aem ecu programmed to your exact setup it wont start. they can hot wire all they want.

My issue with kill switches is that they can be found if a person is given enough time in the car or even worse if someone saw you disabling it they knew where it was.

interesting. are you supposed to do it yourself or are there aftermarket gizmos?

>In South Africa, it is legal to use lethal force in self-defence if in fear of one's life, and ownership of flamethrowers is unrestricted.
fucking africa

Good aftermarket alarm, and guns. Thats all you need. If a theif is determined enough to figure out a way to disable the alarm without it going off there was nothing you could do, that nigga was too determined

>South africa
>ever

>Put GPS on it
>Kill Switch
>put camera on apartment facing car.
>Detachable steering wheel

That will make it hard to steal for the common thief.

>Airbags (not suggested for a track vehicle)

air bags will stop people from steeling Wheels or hooking it up onto a truck and steeling it (Yes alot of fancy cars get stolen by getting wenched onto a dolly.)

>"My parents don't live in the hood so I can't relate to your problems"
FTFY

steal*

Rent a garage parking spot.

like it's difficult to break into a garage if the car is worth it

>getting wenched

I happen to like getting wenched.

The simple fact that my car is Alfa Romeo seems to keep thugs away, never underestimate poer of stereotypes on stupid people. Thieves like German cars.

Sit in the car overnight and shoot whoever tries to break in.

Castle doctrine motherfucker.

Why did you photoshop this pic?
Am I really supposed to believe this thief is white?

I'd wager there are kits for it, especially since kill switches are required for a lot of racing applications as a safety feature, often with both a switch and a remote control so officials can remotely shut the car down.
Monster trucks, IMSA, NHRA drag cars, SCCA, WRC, and Touring Car racing all require kill switches for safety reasons.

>Get Doge
>Set up kennel next to car
>???
Works fine for me

>Hur Hur sure I'll accept more ass fucking every month. Thanks landlord!

t. juan del rio, father of 9 and 3 more with his maid

Get a quick release hub and take the steering wheel with you.
Double park it if you can and make sure there's nothing valuable in the car to tempt niggers. Skylines seem to get stolen even if they have immobilizers and alarms over here in aus so get creative with anti theft shit. A buddy and I are trying to make a set up that electrifys the door handle while the alarm is armed.

Ravelco. I have one on my 88 MR2. Saved me a couple times already. Works so well that I leave the t tops off just to avoid having windows smashed. Very much worth the 400 Murrican shekels to have it put in.

>>In South Africa, it is legal to use lethal force in self-defence if in fear of one's life, and ownership of flamethrowers is unrestricted.
>fucking africa
That statement applies directly to the USA.

Yes. Flamethrowers are unrestricted.