Plasti-dip

There was a Plasti-Dip picture in a thread, it looked like Veeky Forums hates it.

Why so?
I have never used it, it's not really popular in my country (yet). But, I am looking for a fix now, and you know, from the vids and all, it looked pretty convincing.

The fix:
> Buy new Ford vehicles for fleet
> White paint
> The paint is already chipping away from all models after a few months

There is warranty on them so I can't repaint them all.

> inb4 warranty for paint
Ford can't fix the most obvious issues their vehicles, the service network is utter shit. Not like the other brands have it better here....

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Fp5VEN-PXH0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Didn't include, but I want to paint them gray-ish, white. Nothing gay or fancy, I am really just looking to protect the vehicle. Exposed metal is just not that sexy.

There are a couple of better brands in europe
Stuff that's a little more pricey, but way, WAY more durable

Could you list me one or a few if you have the time?

Thank you.
(If I Google, I will just end up seeing paid ads and articles. And yes, you could also be an advertiser, but the chance is still less.)

There was this thing, Frost Wrap
It's a bit pricier than plastidip and needs to be applied properly, but once it's there it won't bulge.
Unlike plastidip it doesn't dry off overtime and takes heat like a champ
I used it to coat my bike's crashbars and despite bugs and rocks impacting at highway speed there are little to no scuffs
It's right beside the engine and it still hasn't fried or burnt

>Ferd
>Built tough
xD

Plastishit makes your car look as if it were wrapped in roof vinyl.

>fleet vehicle
because nothing says legitimate professional like rolling up to a client meeting in a fucking plasti-dipped vehicle.

I don't know what kind of business you are in, but if you've got a fleet of those things, you will be laughed at by general public and you definitely don't want that kind of image with business partners.

tougher than you'll ever afford pal

You are a faggot. Most people don't even realize my car is plastidiped until they touch it. If you do it properly it has a semi gloss finish. It's not like spray on bed liner.

If you use some of the nonflashy pearls it looks perfectly fine, specially with top coat on.

>black door handles like it's a base model

For grey you can do this. youtube.com/watch?v=Fp5VEN-PXH0

Over a black base

>working for advertisment agency
>some fag wants his car wrapped
>tell him that if he keeps it on his car for too long it will be a real bitch to remove
>5 years later
>some customer is sperging out
>remember his face
>durr hurr impossible to remove
>durr hurr glue ever harder to remove
>boss tells me to remove it without charge for the customer

fuck wrapping, fuck my boss and fuck stupid customers

Well, if that helps, all the other new vans and cars suck. Opel, Peugeot, Mercedes (Sprinter), etc. They all have issues with DPF, rusting, other engine problems (common rail, etc.)

And, heck, no service can fix shit in this country. Shit sucks.

We basically picked Ford because it had the best, most comfortable cockpit, and the back layout was well thought out.
Other than that there is no real difference between them, all the engines are weak, etc.

(Feelio when you floor the 1.6 turbo charged Connect and it does fuck nothing.)

>There was this thing, Frost Wrap
Alright, that's a good start, thank you.

> because nothing says legitimate professional like rolling up to a client

Well, as I said, it's not wide-spread here, so I cannot really just check one out here.
So far, even wealthy clients were fine with whatever we had. People have prejudice, I agree, but only if you roll up with a BMW X5 for example. Then you are instantly labeled as an asshole.

If we will do have some pretentious asshole of a client, we will order a Ford Mondeo Van, it's basically a Mondeo with 2 seats.

Looks neat.

Well is it normal wrapping?
Has he never seen a company van with vinyl on it?
It will always stay there...

OP here: How long does a plasti-dip lasts?
Let's say I use the proper amount of coats too. (5-7 or so)

There are people that have peeled there cars after 2 years perfectly fine.

both complete wrapping and just ads on the vehicles. its baffling to me how people can still play the victim after leaving it on the car for too long. its really one of the most tireing and disencouraging things about the job. should have found a job in a soulless cubicle

I had navy blue plasti dip and it lasted 3 years it was hard to peel off but it was starting to fade when I peeled it. I decided to go with white this time.

>both complete wrapping and just ads on the vehicles.
Well yeah but none of those are removable, nor are they advertised like so.
I wonder why the boss is such a fucktard though, customers will be always dumb, but the boos, too?

That sounds fine, thank you.

How many layers did you use?
Just saw the vid and the guys said there you need more layers to make it removable... but that can be bs too, that's why I am askin.

7 layers sound be enough. It's definitely harder to peel if it's thin.