Is there anything more frustrating than driving with your parents?

>user stop being so rough with your car!
>user stop braking so late!
>user be careful!
>user slow down!
>you don't have to downshift to slow down you know
>why are you revving it so much?
>user STOP BEING ROUGH WITH YOUR CAR!

Driving it like a fucking granny of course. Are your parents the same?

I don't have parents.

Be me
>Driving down my street with 3 stop lights timed perfectly to change for a car going 40.
>Mom in back seat.
>Don't slow down approaching the stop that she has no experience with.
>Gasps and tells me to slow down every time I get close but the light changes as she opens her mouth.

Back seat driver btfo

My mom calls me a pussy if I dont floor it through yellows and do 10+ over

Why are you driving like that with your parents? You don't have to be boi ricer everywhere you go.

>Stop braking so late
Jesus fucking christ, my mom doesn't say it, but instead she Gasps and holds onto the roof or door for dear life at every red light.

I'm fully aware of the time it takes to stop my car, and how much pressure I have to put on my brake to stop, chill the fuck out.

My mother's the same, she is a horrible driver

>Be me
>Drive perfectly normal
>Steady on corners and breaking
>Shifts are perfectly synced
>Heel-toeing makes cornering smooth as fuck
>Keep my distance between other vehicles
>Can time traffic perfectly
>Everyone compliments me on my driving skills
>People want me to drive for trips

It's all about how smooth your ride is, not fast.

>Mother would tell me to stop speeding
>Look at speedometer
>Doing 5mph under the speed limit
>Tell her I am not speeding
>She says yes you are speeding

I have a self-imposed rule about never driving in the same vehicle as my mother if either one of us is driving, plus always only in a diagonal seating configuration
>grips seat and roof handle at the gentlest acceleration
>NOT SO HARSH at the gentlest of braking
>YOU'RE GOING TO FAST YOU'LL KILL US 40kmh downhill
>YOU'RE TOO FAST YOU'LL GET A TICKET, YOU CAN'T AFFORD A TICKET 56 in a 50

then sitting in vehicle she's driving
>wants to go straight, goes to rightmost lane BECAUSE YOU ALWAYS HAVE TO BE IN RIGHTMOST LANE whoops it's a turn lane, whoops she stopped, whoops they're honking at her and she's having a mental breakdown
same ride
>pushes in between 2 vehicles that are barely 1-car from each other because gotta have that rightmost lane IMMEDIATELY EVERYONE IS BRAKING DUE TO RED LIGHT AND SHE'S GOT ABOUT 10cm SPACE EACH BUMPER TO BUMPER

almost crashed a couple of times on a "road trip" i drove to some distant family grave.

please pray for my motorcycle to get fixed at shop tomorrow

not driving so much as just owning a car.. sometimes i hate having no immediate family that is into cars.

>so, user, how much money have you dumped into this one?
>your car is in the shop? are you sure it isn't a lemon, user?
>why didn't you buy something more practical?
>how much did that cost?
>it looks fast user, are you sure insurance isn't too much?
>your sister bought a prius, why don't you get something like that?
i know its mostly just coming from a place of love, but fuck man it's like you buy one lemon when you're 18 and every car after that is a lemon as well in their eyes.

Sort of like it's pretty random

My mum has no tolerance for speed unless it's on the highway which I hate because of traffic

>oh my GOD user DONT OVERTAKE THIS CAR YOU DON'T HAVE ENOUGH SPACE

Thank god my dad is into cars as well. He and I keep pouring money into my ride to make it look and work perfect. My sister owns a shitty Saab and both me and my dad mock her for it.

>stop playing with the radio you will crash

I actually drive like a grandpa so my dad doesnt bother me.
My sister on the otherhand constantly complains about my "terrible driving". Meanwhile her car has small dents, scrapes, different colored paint smudges all over. Drives too damn fast and gets tunnel vision or something with the amount of fender benders shes been involved with.

Why do you insist on slamming the breaks? Its not hard to coast to a smooth stop. Learn how to drive.

My dad is just as into cars as me. Plenty of stories from his youth about caning a Carina estate down the back alleys scaring his mates shitless, etc.

Whenever he's out in the Starlet GT, he gets just as much of a grin on his face as he does when he's driving his own Corolla TTE Compressor (Supercharged 2ZZ)

>cars always run a little faster than what the tach says
>i know cos your auntie got a ticket 14 years ago and her tach said she wasn't speeding

In my experience they show a little slower than what the tach says.

In his defense, it's hard to drive normally after playing rally/racing vidya a lot. I've been playing Dirt Rally for some time now and I just can't drive slowly.

Where I live there's a 10 kph margin where the speed cameras don't trigger, which is there to compensate for any errors the car tach may have.

I have no idea what a speed camera is.

The thing that takes a photo of you when you go too fast? I'm not english so I may have used the wrong word for it.

that makes sense i guess they have those in larger cities. do those governments actually let a god damned robot decide in giving you a speeding fine? god damn.

After a weekend mad max movie/game binge, I got in on the right side of my car then realized *wait, my car's American"

Actually it's more popular on the countryside, and yeah, there's a shitload of those in Europe. But the same principle applies to cops, they don't even bother to stop you if you're speeding 10 kph over the limit. Hell even if you go above that, they sometimes just let you off with a warning.

I refuse to be a passenger in almost anyone's car. If we're going I'm fucking driving I don't even care if your fucking car.

May I ask why?

Control Freak. A special kind of neuroses that destroys an otherwise nice person's personality, and makes them absolutely repulsive to every other human being on the planet. Lonely existence (he doesn't actually refuse to be a passenger, he is simply never invited).

> Driving around with your parents in their car.
> Being driven around BY your parents.
> Being driven around by your parents in your car.

>>user stop braking so late!
It's the opposite with me and my mother. She brakes WAY late, because she learned to drive way back when engines were heavy on the engine braking. So she doesn't believe they do it, these days.

Tbh I have a similar thing where I'm often scared of being a passenger to female drivers. I'm seriously afraid of my life when driving with women.

Needless to say I'd NEVER let a girl drive my car.

>do those governments actually let a god damned robot decide in giving you a speeding fine? god damn.
the camera just takes pictures, it's still people reviewing them

>don't drive like a retard
>parents never said anything

I wouldn't say I achieved the "smooth as fuck" level but fucking this.

If people are scared in your car you are a douche. If only your mom is scared in your car you are still a douche because you won't change your behaviour to be nice to your own fucking mother.

how can a person tell how fast you are going from a photo. i would get out of those tickets so easy using my logic reasoning.

because the camera has a thing to detect how fast you are going?

They only problem I have driving with my parents is music.

Even though it's my car, they think I wanna listen to their music

>Be me
>Browsing Veeky Forums
>Mfw these normies have parents
>Be me
>Give birth to myself
>Fucking normies

>drive with my dad as passenger
>take a turn kinda quick
>son my stomach hurts
kinda sad 2bh because he used to be really into cars, but then his health problems started fucking his shit up

>drive with my mom
>traffic
>user why are you leaving a space in front of you
>someone is going to take it

These feels

My dad died in his car immediately sold it

What?

He gave birth to himself user. I don't see what you don't get , it's pretty commonplace here in Commiefornia

I don't slam on them, I just don't break at a huge distance like everyone else.

Take a deep breath. It's gonna be okay.

Does your ABS kick in?

>parents fly up to visit me once a year
>i have to drive their shitty car rental even though I'm not supposed to
>constantly back seat driven and yelled at

>driving down country lane
>suddenly mum screams
>slam on breaks thinking she saw something I didn't (why else would she scream?)
>nothing
>"What the fuck?"
>"There was a bird on the road. Didn't you see it."

I did, I just didn't give a fuck about some stupid pigeon.

My parents were fucking dangerous on the road, and downright psychopaths.

>mom is stereotypical entitled BMW crossover driver
>actually ran someone off the road maliciously, and showed me cell phone video of her doing it
>she'd sometimes throw half-drank starbucks cups into the open windows of people she didn't like
>unironically believes there should be a "members only" section of road for people who drive luxury cars

>dad is a general asshole
>holds grudges like a motherfucker
>acts like a child when a light turns red, or someone is going straight in front of him when he tries to turn
>drives the wrong way on the roundabout in their neighborhood because he "doesn't have time for nonsense like this"
>once screamed at me for going too slow

I milked what I could from them, reported my mother to the police, then moved out and cut most ties with them. They're as crazy off the road as they are on the road.

>you're too rough on it, stop revving it too high
>just put it in a drive and go stop revving
>no it's not a manual I know cars better than you manuals don't work like that
>what do you mean it's mid engined? Where am I supposed to put stuff?
>why is it so loud
>why are we so low
>this doesn't feel safe at all
>stop playing with your gear lever at lights, you're going to break it

I just got a 5 speed 2.5 i4 Fiero. My mother and sister don't know shit about cars. My mom is convinced it's an auto and my sister hates it because it's not practical.

Then floor it when there's a car in the intersection

>tfw drive like a grandpa when people are in the car
>tfw my parents rave about my driving

"dont have time for nonsense like this"
he might have been a cunt but he was also a fun man i bet

Yea but thats normal thats what its there for

when my mom gets in my car
>"user have you been smoking in here?"
>"it's so dirty in here! you need to clean your car" because she finds a receipt on the floor, despite cleaning/vacuuming the other day so everything else is clean as fuck
and of course the backseat driving

when my dad gets in my car
>"god damn it smells like weed in here"
>"is the heater (or A/C) on? turn that shit off"
>"you shouldn't drive so fast all the time you're going to get pulled over one day" said _after_ we arrive to our destination

> drive with caution
> keep distance
> always drive 5-10 over
> mom calls me a good driver
> she feels safe she says
> grandma says the same
> both get angsty when driving highway and I whip it up to 140km/h
> mom deathstares the road
> grandma squeezes into seat as if we are launching apollo 11

Can't really complain

>father can't drive long distance
>asks me to drive him
>eyes locked on the speedometer
>one flick above 120 he goes apeshit
>"keep four cars distance between you and the one infront of you" there's nobody on the road
>brake ? brake!!!, BRAAAAKEE
if he wasn't my dad I would've stopped and asked him to gtfo, but he pays me to drive him.

>tfw mom always screams RAMP SPEED when I'm exiting the highway

>tfw mom braces against the car
>WOULD YOU SLOW DOWN

ok so I might not brake when someone in front of me is slowing down as fast as she does, but i'm not going to trigger my brake lights until it's necessary. that shit creates traffic jams if one person starts it.

My mom's the opposite with me sometimes. I picked up a silly habit from my dad of braking super early and coasting up to red lights, which often lets me keep 20+mph of speed. So she bitches about me going to slow coming up to the light.

When I was l earning to drive I passed too close to a parked car and my mom screamed like I just ran over a child then got out and walked home

I don't drive with my mom much anymore

>My mom doesn't get in my car much anymore
FTFY

maybe you should try to be a better driver

Shouldn't you be working, Frosty

Mum's an absolutely awful driver. She terrorises everyone else on the road, I'm glad she drives a shitty 2009 Fiat 500.
The worst part:
>cornering at 25mph
>deathgrip on the doorhandle
>"SLOW DOWN user, WE NEARLY FLIPPED"

>Driving to closest big town
>Really nice gently winding road with a 50 limit, comfy to drive
>I'm doing 40 in a particularly windy part
>"YOU'RE BREAKING THE LIMIT user THE POLICE SET UP SPEED TRAPS HERE"
Bitch you drive that route at 60mph and shout at other drivers for being slow when they're doing the speed limit

I do this too, but because I like my car. Normies will never insist that they drive, and car people usually are fun to ride with.
If you're a normie, I'm driving and you'll probably enjoy it

Having three drunk bitches in the backseat demanding the aux jack on full volume and a guy in the front leaning over the gear lever which has no safety shift lock, is less stressful than driving with my dad.

Well I was learning

I didnt hit the car though so i guess im fine

>"you're le nurmie XDDDD"
>says the guy running windows
>says the guy who streams music through his phone in mp3 format
>says the guy who doesn't wear designer sneakers
Stop acting like you're anything other than a peasant.

>>you don't have to downshift to slow down you know
And you shouldn't. Brakes are cheaper than transmission parts.

>tfw poorfag

How do you describe someone a good driver? I'm mostly driving max 10km/h over limit. Since I'm newbie on driving and never knew how is it to accelerate fast, shift gears fast and rev your engine over 4k RPMs so now I often do those things. Does these actions make me a bad driver? Very rarely I do +20km/h over speed limit, but for a very short time 5-10secs, because it feels amazing. I never pressure or tailgate someone from the back very closely. I don't play "chess" i.e. switching lanes after every obstacle, other vehicles. Always use turn indicators. My small problem is that I drop clutch too fast and it jumps a little bit, but that's because I feel like I'm Paul Walker or some shit.

...what?

Are you a relatively fresh driver? I know that they can be a bit on edge when you're young and studying to get your license, but if they persist even when you're 30 and drive them to the store and church every sunday perfectly fine as payment for them allowing you to live in the basement then they are overrreacting a bit

i believe user just started driving

i describe myself as a good driver because i regularly go 30kph+ over the limit, i tailgate people i need to overtake just because i want them feeling scared of me, if there's traffic inthe highway i wil switch between lanes just to spare those extra 3 minutes and i never indicate. see you on the roads ;^)

Which part you did not understand? I want to know how you describe a good driver. I told my driving mechanics and habits and want to know do they represent me as a bad driver.

Yes. I said about in my post.

I can't imagine how much it must suck for your mother not to trust you enough to make good decisions behind the wheel. If my mom had that little respect for me, I'd probably kill myself.

It's quite simple. The radar sets off the camera if you're going over a certain speed. The camera takes two or more pictures a set time apart. If you have moved a certain distance between those pictures, as indicated by the lines painted on the road, you get a fine in the post.

Your 'logic reasoning' would not only get thrown out of court, but get you 'contempt of court' fines as well.

The TACHOMETER and SPEEDOMETER are two different things you stupid fat coons.
the tach is your revs.

>mom complains about driving too fast on the freeway
>remind her she's never driven on the freeway in her life
>shuts up the whole way

> Light turns yellow
> i stop (not hard)
Why didn't you take it user?
> light turns yellow
> i keep going
OMFG WTF ARE YOU DOING YOU'RE GOING TO FUCKING KILL US!

Wtf am i supposed to do?

I think I'm the best driver on the road because I drive faster than everyone else. Regularly jump red lights because I can't be fucked waiting. Never let anyone in, always cut in, tailgate. You know, the shit that normie faggots are too beta to do.

I believe a good driver should strive to be as close to a racing driver as possible. That meaning: car control, awareness, decision making. Not to such a competitive level but more than the average fuck on the road.
Let's take car control for example. I feel like everyone driving a car should be in full control of the car at all times. Not talking on the goddamn phone, not texting, not doing something dangerously distracting from driving. When you're driving, you're driving. If you feel like doing something else, fuck off and take the bus. Also, people should learn to control the car in various situations such as slippery conditions, obstacles, shit like this, and not just pray that it doesn't happen to them or make a wild maneuver and literally cause an accident.
Awareness: too many people I see on the road are not paying attention. This brings me back to my first point, if you're not in the mindset of driving, stay home or take the bus. Learn to anticipate situations by reading the traffic flow, seeing where you can overtake, where you can't, being prepared for the eventuality in which some asshole on the road does something stupid and you might need to avoid an accident.
Which brings me to decision making. You should never hesitate or half ass something. If you're gonna overtake, overtake. Plan it out ahead, know your car, know that you have enough time to do it safely. I absolutely hate people that take ages to overtake, trying to do shit with their car that their car is not capable of doing, and I hate people that back out because they miscalculated even more. Pay attention to the goddamn road. See what's happening, act accordingly. This is why most accidents and unfortunate situations happen. People don't bother to learn how to drive their cars properly and don't give two shits about the other people on the road.

tl;dr know your car, know your limits, respect the act of driving.

My mom is chill since she knows I'm the better driver and my old man just gives directions even if I drive the route daily

So all in all bretty chill, could be way worse

eat shit brosifine

>Mom is a terrible passenger.
>Always tenses up in my Buick at the slightest body roll.
>Hardly ever wears a seatbelt.

Another:

>Sister gets her permit, deals with anxiety issues.
>Mom can't overcome her own issues as a passenger and causes my sister's anxiety to through the roof.
>Sister's permit lapses after only 3 hours of drive time. Mom never encouraged her to get behind the wheel.
>I turn 21, sister then gets permit again
>Proceed to teach her how to drive.
>Have her hoon through country roads so she knows what the car can do and ease her stress.
>Passes her exam with flying colors.

I really resent my mom for that.

>"I resent my mom because she is not a good driving instructor"
Yet she deals with her son living in her basement hogging up all the bandwith

You'll get better mileage if you brake sooner and more gently. You'll also have more momentum if the light in front of you changes.

> tfw my mother, brother, and sister all know I'm a better driver than them

drive mom and dad to supermarket
>Dad puts up the gps in the passanger seat so he can monitor the speed
>BUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>YIELD YIELD YIELD YIELD
>BRACE!!!!!!!!!!
>its literally just a car entering the extra lane...

drive mom and dad to a party
>both are just chatting
>literally going x2 the speedlimit, they don't notice
>fucking hypocrites

I have taken my car and motorcycle license in two countries on two continents, and testing is way more strict than when they got their licenses. I even drive a van for my work in the police.
But im sure when they look at me, they just see some 10 year old baby driving.
im 27...

My parents don't do any of that. I've been driving since I was 7. I'm better at it and they know it.

>buy a car that's low enough that none of my four parents/step-parents want to even attempt to sit in the passengers seat.
>problem solved

And luckily I didn't even need to buy some douchey stancefag aftermarket suspension.

Also my dad isn't a pussy beta

agree. "defensive driving" is just a nice way to say youre a beta.

Then the fuckers won't get in my car. I like to feel the drive and if they complain about roughness they can walk, I bet its much better than being in a car someone drives "roughly", and I ain't even driving it like im on track. They are dead weight in my car.

The gold standard, in my opinion, of being a "good driver" is that you should be invisible. Not in the sense that you aren't seen, but in the sense that you never have to force another driver to alter their course. Any time you make a move based on the assumption that the other driver will react to the change in conditions that you are imposing on the road is a chance that you will be fucked up by some dipshit who isn't paying attention.

>no it's not a manual I know cars better than you manuals don't work like that

Please tell me this isn't real. There's no way someone would insist a car is auto after being shown it's a manual.

Looks gorgeous user. Take care of her.

You don't get passengers very often, do you?

Sounds like you can't drive for shit user

You brake too hard, then.