/rwg/ Rimworld general

Runningrunningrunning edition

rimworldgame.com/

RimWorld follows a number of survivors from a crashed space liner as they build a colony on a frontier world at the rim of known space. Inspired by the space western vibe of Firefly, the deep simulation of Dwarf Fortress, the epic scale of Dune, and Warhammer 40,000.

FAQ: ludeon.com/blog/faq/
Wiki: rimworldwiki.com/
Mods: ludeon.com/forums/index.php?board=12.0 (also check steam workshop)
Recommended Modlist: pastebin.com/gPWvMJVq (embed)
>/rwg/ IRC channel: #Rimworld at irc.quakenet.org
Please leave any suggestions for the OP pastebin as replies to this post

Last thread

Other urls found in this thread:

ludeon.com/forums/index.php?action=profile;u=51341
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=22044.0
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=23244.msg247075#msg247075
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=21788.0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Anyone have a link for an Increased Forest Density mod? I cannot find any on the mod forum.

Jesus fuck two post and we've nearly lost the general already.

Question, how to deal with these faggots? I've seen some people suggest molotovs, but
1. Any guy who has to go in there and toss them has a death sentence, and
2. I'm actually rather hurting for materials right now, I don't want to lose my nice furniture.

Looks like no bugs have hatched yet, go fuck em up?

couldnt find any workshop downloaders that work with rimworld, you either hope someone posts you a link here or you can ask this guy
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?action=profile;u=51341
from the official forums to pm you a link, he said he has both versions here
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=22044.0

get some melee weapons, get in formation and open-set to always open the door and kill them, hopefully it wont cost you more than a limb or two

That lasts for all of maybe an in-game minute before they start spawning. Which is to say, 4 real-world seconds.

I've tried just mobbing them, but I can barely get down the megaspiders before the smaller little fucks down everyone else.

Put 6-8 heaters into the room atop the hive room. Wall off the heaters to make the room they're in smaller. Build a vent from the heater room to the hive room. Crank up all heaters to 70-80 °C. The hives should then die, the bugs won't for a long time.

Cheers, I'll keep looking

A bunch actually spawn when you enter/attack the hives, I think. You don't think it'd be better to breed and harvest? I had a really nice jelly farm going in an old colony until a cold snap killed my hives, but we feasted like kings in the meantime.

Turns out he posted them slightly hidden on the forums

ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=23244.msg247075#msg247075

Any mod for a15 that sorts colonists, kinda like EdB Interface did?

thanks, that other user asking for it and me looking made me want the mods too

Please, trader, come by... I need to sell this shit... I don't want to deconstruct it ;_;

question:
if I'm already having fun playing Dwarf Fortress and the UI and graphics don't bother me is there any reason to even try this game?

Persistent planets when? I want to drop new expeditions into old colonies, aged hundreds of years and with random shit that went down. Like dwarf fortress, I guess.

>pirates took over, enslave you upon arrival
>tribals turned the place into sacred ground and send frequent war parties to crush anyone who dares enter
>great caves and tunnels caved in without maintenance
>a dwindled population of descendants are still living there and may be friendly or dangerously paranoid
>insect hive became Aliens the movie and has to be cleared out before you can use original site
>all hands lost, non-deteriorating resources perfectly intact, forgotten horror lurking within

Yes. It's a different game on the same genre, that's it.

well sure, but I've tried a few games like DF (towns, gnomoria, banished, etc) and they always just feel like DF with better UI, prettier graphics and lackluster everything else

How do you deal with this?

>She finally noticed us

rimworld doesnt have the depth of df
its still worth a try if you are bored though

Well, sometimes the problem fixes itself as a party.

didn't actually mean to quote, but the answer is probably smokeleaf in copious amounts.

alright I'll give it a try, the "overwhelmingly positive" rating on steam also piqued my interest

>eating nutrient paste is worse than a colonist's death

>new colony
>day 0 new lovers
>day 1 breakup
weow lad

Post defenses
Im a scrub that doesnt know what to build outside of the standard chokepoint killbox that is actually cost-effective as well

Sometimes they get pissed at the trap and begin to destroy the doors, but granite is cheap.

this is madness

God damn.

I had to kill them all. The chicksplosion was too much to handle, especially after a raid killed Wash and the sleeping sickness made 3 of my guys garbage for a few weeks. Just slaughtering and hauling the chicks was taking way too much time, we don't have spare hands for this shit.

I'm keeping a breeding pair for the future, but now we're back to just having to feed 5 terriers, 3 muffalo, 9 boars, 7 alpacas, a jawless labrador, a self tamed cassowary and an elephant. We don't even have time to clear the rotting birds out, their coop is their tomb and their skeletons will be a reminder of our failure.

So why don't pawns autobuild roofs anymore?

buff to fires in general
it was too cheesy to just delete a roof with 1 click and nullify indoor fires overheating rooms

So is it a strategy to allow bugs to flourish until mechanoids land and wipe them out?

I opened an ancient danger and went to the other side of the map, they ended up eating all the stone and doing the mining for me until a psychic drone landed near by, I took a pot shot at it and 2 sychthers came out and shrekt the whole hive

that doesn't really seem like the best solution

>masochist character gets fibrous mechanites
High life, baby

You can't sell chairs anymore.

Why didn't you just set their zone to within the stockpile and slaughter them there?

>colonists can friendly fire tamed animals when I release them to attack
Whats the point?

For trve Romans, who unleash war dogs and flaming pigs before charging in swords blazing. You can also get a little K-9 unit with a melee guy, hide him around a corner very close to the front line, and sic the animals on the enemy when they flee for fast nonlethal takedowns.

FUCK

much less work is invested in a war animal melee unit than a colonist melee unit if they die

be nice if you could shield animals though
can you imagine shielded elephants or rhinos?

I can

Jesus christ, how fast is that thing?

>solar flare kills the heaters in my brew room
>lose 32 full barrels of beer

19.44c/s.

create an account, you don't have to purchase the game either

>Not having fully-wooded, forbidden passive coolers and fully constructed but unfueled campfires for just such an occasion
pleb

>fully constructed but unfueled campfires
campfires stop existing if they're unfueled

Is the glittertech mod worth having or does it add to much and detract from the main game?

>-8 mood debuff when bonded animals die
>Can't even use attack dogs because colonist always bond with puppers
JUST

too storng

So makes you too overpowered pretty much?

its a cheatmod

Damn, well when I run out of stuff to do in my colony I might download it just for kicks. Only mod I use is the one that lets you make your own prosthetics and bionics, figure it's balanced because of how much plasteel and components it eats up.

That's fucking terrifying.

just start a new game, nigga.

Are elephants worth the trouble taming? I was invaded by a manhunting pack, and I decided to rescue some. Two bonded, two are just wandering in my garden.

I got over 3000 plasteel on my current save senpai I want to at least spend my ungodly amount of currency.

New colony, made of my group of friends.

Let's see what happens

>letting 10 meals go to waste

We need hedgehogs.

Ah, crap, I want to see that now.

Custom map with six starter characters and they're all the cast from Friends. Except they also have to survive the raiders, mechanoids, and insectoids that want to kill them.

>SO NO ONE TOLD YOU LIFE WAS GONNA BE THIS WAYYYY *CLAPCLAPCLAPCLAP*

Don't make the mistake I did, I tamed one by saving its life and it eats fucking everything. I could probably feed twice the herd I have now if it weren't for Nomad. Just kill them, they drop ungodly amounts of meat, might give tusks, and a lot of strong leather. If they could haul more than 75 they might be worth it.

Holy shit

Noice. Gonna tame one, change its name manually to SANIC, give it all the best bionic parts for speed.

Damn. I got two that bonded... but I guess I can use them as war animals. (Why don't I get a labrador or husky manhunting pack instead? Damn.)

what mod is animal bionics?

ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=21788.0

I did keep mine as well. It's still a goddamn elephant and it really is tough as fucking nails, the one I had was on fire in the middle of a roaring blaze, the entire forest burned to the ground around him and when I was done treating about 50 burn injuries he healed up with only a little burn scar on his eye. You have 'em now, so make good use of them.

I thought about taming the other two that survived and hope they have kids, to make an elephant army.

do you mind giving seed

by manually do you mean going into the save and renaming it there?

why cant we rename shit ingame i dont get it

>research bench
>outside

Why do all my marriage in game result in divorces by the end of the first years? This is bullshit.

I've literally never had a divorce.

I've got some seed right here for you

>10k wealth, 2 colonists
>20 traders show up
how do I kill them and make hella dolla

It won't work. The kids take like 25 years to grow up.

I've done it with 4
build/abuse walls and doors
the trade caravan should head for one of the exits to the area once under attack
explosives are good
make sure to kill the muffalos/camels

I haven't played this since Alpha 8, is it worth coming back to? it was kinda shit back then

core gameplay is the same
lots of peripheral stuff added; lots of major features too

is it more challenging? because my biggest gripe with A8 was that it was simply that it was too easy.

you can set scenarios to make it more challenging; and there's a lot more events that are difficult

If you are talking about killboxes then old one wont work as the author kinda fix the dumb ai. Though the only reason I am getting shredded in this game is because modded factions.

This. I want embarking on failed bases, and not necessarily your own.
We need some sort of bulkhead door that is invulnerable to gunfire and fire, resistant to explosives, can only be broken by miners, and is opened/closed by flicking a switch. That way, we could live in a rediscovered base completely unaware that there is a spider hive on the other side of the door.

I had miners with better Medicine than this "surgeon".
>solar flare kills coolers in my base during heat wave in desert
>lose base
Holy fuck.

Geez. At least I can make my brawler a plasteel longsword later though.

Coolers give more heat, but need 3 components and can't be moved.

Could just build double thick wall between the next room and stack a pile of wood, set it on fire with molotov, set the door to hold open and command some useless animal to go in there, it'll open the door and most likely die. the fire will create so much heat that it'll cook the bugs.

Just have a stack of wood which you can light on fire with molotovs.

>new solo drop into -100 biome
>get a campfire going in a tiny room
>next day fucking Lucy Neko shows up and joins
>"this is it, I'm going to have so much sex"
>drop pod
>it's her fiancee

Thanks Randy. No sex for me.

Animal zones, dude. Have a bunch of bears and shit ready, when you need them somewhere draw a zone there and assign them to that zone.

just how fast do crops die that you dont have the time to even build the fire

>not thrumbo horn

It's pretty retarded that they took away the option to use the same world.

Err, look, l've dealt with my fair share of infestations, but this one is pretty far from my base, should l be worried? l want to leave them there chilling and stuff because l think it'd be hilarious to see them fight raiders.

Thrumbo horns have 8.57 base dps and a normal plasteel longsword has 10.2, let alone excellent or better.

Yeah, sure. If you ever need to you could just tame some boomalopes, restrict them to the hives and whabang, burnt bug brunch.

you shouldnt be, they have a max grow size so you should be safe if its far
once you get some nice weapons you can also start farming it for jelly