/gerg/ - Giant Extreme Robots General

Ah, yes... I was wondering what would break first. Your netcode, or your torsos?

New /gerg/ game, from the makers of Shadowrun Returns
battletechgame.com/

Armored Core:
pastebin.com/Ek3kMtZW
pastebin.com/WSq32Amg
steamcommunity.com/groups/armoredcorevg

Mechwarrior Living Legends:
mechlivinglegends.net/

Living Legends Installer + Gamespy fix:
forum.mechlivinglegends.net/index.php?topic=19022.0
forum.mechlivinglegends.net/index.php/topic,20422.0.html

Living Legends Server Stats (Norris sux to check if anyone is playing):
stats.spikx.net/mwll.html

The HAWKEN zombie marches on:
playhawken.com/

Heavy Gear Assault:
heavygear.com/

M.A.V. (Now with more Chromehound fecal rights!)
bombdogstudios.com/blog/

MechWarrior Online:
mwomercs.com/

How to start MWO:
youtube.com/watch?v=imffSrJ4O7s

New Player's Guide to MWO (aka the Manual):
docs.google.com/presentation/d/1bmIEjECA6IbWRm92vmylZNv2QYVc5gXO7CT9jMITOrM/edit

Light up the Night:
mwomercs.com/nigger

Kong PodKast #25: Heavy Gear Stuff
kongkast.libsyn.com/kong-kast-25-gear-bays-black-market-and-pets-oh-my

MWO Mechlab:
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab

MWO Heat Simulator:
keikun17.github.io/mwo_heat_simulator/

Kanajashi's Video Tutorials:
youtube.com/watch?v=RGPYOrhEFtg

Group Mumble Info:
kong.stepoff.com
port:7777

Other urls found in this thread:

m.ign.com/articles/2016/09/21/from-software-working-on-3-games-one-of-which-is-armored-core
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Guys is MWO p2w?

Of course!

you cant kill a thread which is already dead

If I take that cockpit off will you die?

Rip robots

How is this so ded?

Bad gaym.

Help, Im in love with the Hunchback.

>They found me in the wreckage, dying. Lump of Endo Steel. They rebuilt me. Everything works. But they had never seen an OmniMech. They had no guide for putting me back together.

Nth for why didn't you guys put a Bane mask on the nygerian prince.

>oh hey that Mech looks broke.....
Oh yeah PGI.

I never thought I'd see someone reference The Cage on /mwog/. You are a gentleman and a scholar.

Pros and cons of the Night Ngr?

Cons: costs real dollars.
Pros: everything else.

It hits hard and can fly pretty well, but it's slow as balls and has an easy to hit CT

m.ign.com/articles/2016/09/21/from-software-working-on-3-games-one-of-which-is-armored-core

FUCK
YEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

>the new games are dark souls IV, dark souls V, and, oh yeah, there's an armored core in there somewhere.

Do you think From finally understands all of Akira Toriyama's feels?

>tier 5
>people doing less than 200 dmg
save me

Were Connor Sinclair, Norris, Kaelus, and Pardo simply misunderstood heroes?

Who?

Why aren't you guys playing the xbone version of hawken? It has at least twice as many players as the steam and PS4 versions combined!

They're the true fallen klords. Some say they were never klords to begin with, but merely pretending.

I don't even know what a klord is, I thought we had warbosses.

It's an experimental meme.

In other hawken related news, the game is down/unstable for XYZ weeks because of 'maintenance' and 'merging of the database.'

A lot of people are reporting that their steam accounts have been reset to 0, so Reloaded had to hire some guy to manually fix accounts.

2x0 is 0

Shouldn't you be taking some soma?

HEROS NEVER DIE

Robot franchises are another story.

I just started playing last week.
I have about 30 million cbills saved up.
What is the first mech I should get?

Kooldiak.

Favorite konglet and why? Pic related, lest we forget the fallen.

bump

Thanks, bought it and I like it.

>I've incrementally spent over 27 million c-bills building my lct-1e
>plan on spending another 9 million before I'm "done"
for a mech that cost 1.4 million c-bills to buy I've spent more c-bills on it than any other mech, even my direwhale

Tiering up takes way too long

If you could only play a single mech in MWO for the rest of time which mech would you chose and why?
Hardmode: specify chassis and a basic build description

How the literal hell

What the fuck are you fitting onto it and why? What manages to cost 27 million c-bills let alone the other 9 you are putting on top of that?

>Do Legs
ha, I shot that guys legs off of his spider tonight in my 12 spl crow

Warhammer-6R, 2 PPC, 2 UAC/5

>xl 190
3,103,083 c-bills
>ferro, dbl sink, endo
1,878,120 c-bills
>dbl sink x3
36,000 c-bills
>6 spl
192,000 c-bills
>radar dep
6 million c-bills
>adv. seismic
6 million c-bills
>sp laser cooldown 5
3 million c-bills

I may be forgetting somthing
I'm going to add spl range 5 when I have enough c-bills and then probably some other 6 million c-bill mech module.

and I just realized that I did the math wrong
I have spent ~21 million c-bills with another 9 million to go
so a finished total of around 30 million is a good estimate

Catapult A1 - 2xLRM15, 4xS-SRM2, BAP

>Spud getting everyone to play HDOOM

Help

who?

>they're too casual to play The sky may be.

hi cucks we're here again to make this thread not dead

>You're too casual to join our rip and tearing

Vass
Pls

Damn, looking at the NigGyr, I may end up becoming a good goyim when it releases for MC and buying three of it's hero variant....

That thing just can pull off the most ludicrous builds.

I'm playing more hardcore games.

>not the original
kys

>DOOM
>Not hardcore af

Vass
Pls

Most old players here don't consider fresh modules as part of the equation because we usually have enough for a whole dropdeck and can share the modules between a whole lot of mechs. At that point, the cost is purely for the equipment.

You've sunk just 5.2 million on the mech that is non-transferable to others, much less than a Dire Poof costs stock. Tried the 5x medium laser build yet?

It's official. PGI has found someone new to throw money at them. Do you think linustechtips will make a youtube video about it?

You do know that Linus works with NCIX right? Being that he was employed by them and is where he initially became popular before he split off to do his own thing.

>expecting someone to know what a shill means
It's what all the cool kids use these days for anyone who promotes anything.

Do we have more info about this ncix thing?

How do you get the cent?
Will the cent have a shitty camo?

who?

You guys enjoying your robots?

Yep. Enjoying my NigGyrs and the WVR-7D(L) with that pictures build (sans machine gun).

6.7mill cbills
What to spend on

Radar deprivation module to avoid getting LRM'd on.

Aw man, haven't piloted my cicadas in a long time. Forgot how much fun I have piloting the CDA-3C.

Dashing is that you?

I honestly don't get the supply case rewarding system. In this image , I did amazing. Not just kills and damage, but also getting all them additional points for brawling, flanking, medium protection, etc. But in my last match I did jack all and died, and still got rewarded.

Is there something I'm missing?

It's random.

Well shit, alright.

>2% lights in the queue
>rescale was a success

>Of those 2%, roughly 30% are locusts, 40% are arctic cheetahs, and the remaining 20% oxides and jenner 2C's
>the last .2% of the mech population are lights other than the meta ones

ATTN ALL KONG PERSONNEL
ATTN ALL KONG PERSONNEL
ATTN ALL KONG PERSONNEL

Stock mech happenings this weekend (Saturday/Sunday or both). If you're around at euro/US prime times then pay attention to the thread and you will be summoned to play PGIs brand new stock robot mode with your fellow Kong citizens.

In the mode the game forces your loadout to stock when you launch in to the game with your robot, so all you need is... a robot to play with.
We tried this yesterday with a bunch of Kong Lords and we were surprised how fun it actually was. Heat actually mattering, shit builds making the fights last 100 years and very limited ammo was a fun change.

Fuck off

>day after a popular grabdeal mech was released for the already most popular weight class
>a couple of weeks after an another very popular mech was released for ingame c-dollars for all of the populance
>durr why no lights

not again

Yes Kakos there is no escape

Stock mode sounds like it would be pretty funny
>stock banshee
>stock hunchback iic
>stock urbanmech

>Boogeyman makes the mistake of playing a Black Knight
>Fires once in the match, never being able to fire a full alpha again.
>I make the mistake of taking the Stormcrow D
>It came with stock LRM20x2 srm2x2 and a Narc
>Win because IS untermensch robots go max 60kph when I go almost 100

It is no fun

My shadowhawk had minimum range with its ppc and lrm5

>be kakos
>pick the best mechs
>lrm only catapult
>shadowhawk with a 90m deadzone

>play stock robutts.
>pick atlas S.
>win.

>wewuz knight with shs
pls no

>play stock robots
>be on clan side
>play Orion2c-C
>build is basically the same thing I run on that excluding the fact that lpl->erllas (for reference stock is 2xerllas 2xuac10 1srm4 1lrm15(?))
>destroy everything

I hate this game mode

As long as clans aren't involved, I'm in.

If we have clans, then as stated, IS side will have a considerable numbers advantage as we had last time.

Granted of course if we also do IS vs IS, i'd say ban all robots with double heatsinks / endo / ferro.

sHIEEET

>golds whine about stock gundams for almost half a decade.
>waaah, I wanna get in full stock, so I can defeat the MLG pros with my old man experience.
>get stock robots.
>lose even harder to tryhards.

More like:

>Ancient Old Man Golds delude themselves with rose-tinted visions of Battletech past
>Ancient Old Man Golds whine about mech builds having to adapt to the games provided ruleset, demand a lore build mode
>Forget that game was designed from the ground up to double the healthpool in order to make the games and mechs actually last a while in actual combat
>'Forget' that clan mechs pretty much rape nigger shitteroid mechs 3 on 1 without breaking a sweat
>Stock mode is abandoned a few weeks later

>Finally get my robots after two years
>everything comes in bags, minus the book and the patch
I hope the video game doesn't turn out as half-assed as their shipping.

Keep me posted

My #1 man

You forgot the part where niggeroid sphere old men whine more and clan stuff is nerfed some more. Sometimes it feels like the playerbase and devs responsible for balance are all ancient grognards who are eternally butthurt about clans in TT so they're happy about anything fucking clantech over in MWO.
>better weigh down all these omnimechs with a trillion tons of unremovable jumpjets that do nothing after nerfs because jumping doesn't give you more dodge chance in mechwarrior
>even though omnimechs are supposed to be more modular than battlemechs, those jumpjets, random cockblocker heatsinks and over/undersized engines are stuck up that ass real tight son
>buh buh but muh IS erpcc is doing only 10 damage revert these pts changes NOW
>clan lurms too strong, better put in a minimum range which is explicitly the property they don't have
>ultra autocannon 20? that's too strong, better turn it into a machinegun that takes 12 tons and 8 crit slots, and jams for a year
>also lets increase that jam chance and duration a bit in the future :^)

And now that I'm already going, some of the IS stuff is fucked in a retarded way too. Like why do PPCs and IS lrms do absolutely no damage under minimum range when it's an accuracy penalty in TT and you can still hit and do damage. Shouldn't the mechanic clan lurms have now actually be on IS lurms? And the normal PPC have the similar damage falloff mechanics?

ayyy

We wuz al dente n shit.
Here you look like the AVGN if only you cut your hair desu.

who?

>2013-2014.
>210 dollar madcat packages guarantee clan star lords are the target audience.
>2015-2016.
>almost all iconic clan robots have long since been released.
>piggy somehow found the balls to re-resee the reseen.
>clans forgotten forever.

Just started to play MWO and HAWKEN with 2 friends. Pretty much a noob on all accounts.

Tips? Is there anything I should spend all the easy earned first level credits on, as in, better to spend on than other things?

>a bolt of lightning does no damage within 90 meters

PGI logic at work user.

gitgud on assault and buy other mechs, not technician
don't spend on internals until you are comfortable with a few of your mechs and know what you want
3 slot repair orbs are best item

Run while you still can. Or stay. I don't really care anymore.