Toyota Yaris

In terms of econoboxes, where does the Yaris rank?

I rented one once and it seemed alright, but I didn't do nearly enough driving to get a good idea.

It's a smaller, cheaper Corolla.

outranked by nearly all its competitors

Not in terms of price.

Would choose the Fit over it. Now that the Scion iA is out, maybe that before the Fit. If this oil surplus lasts, I'll never have enough reason to get a subcompact though.

And yet doesn't post any and what hey excel at compared to it. Kys

Honda Fit

worst in class. Fit, Fiesta, Sonic, Rio, and Accent are all better

Name one thing they do better that isn't a meme feature.

All those cars have nicer, bigger interiors and more powerful engines, but what is the point of any of that in a literal sub compact?

>"guys it's literally a sub-compact"
Glad you cleared that up; I thought it was a metaphor for OP being a faggot

My sister had one until she crashed it. Seemed like a pretty nice car, although the interior felt a little cheap. Not a bad choice if you just want an econobox.

This

Modern rollers since late 2000's fucking suck but at least they have 105kw+

And yet he can't name a single real metric in which the Yaris lags. Literally kill yourself.

It doesn't beat any of the competition in any areas except maybe reliability.
The Yaris uses a drivetrain from 1999 with no updates and a chassis from 2006, with only a slightly longer wheelbase but no changes otherwise.
They're great A to B cars and because the drivetrain and chassis are so old, there's plenty of aftermarket for older Echo's, Yarii, xB's, and xA's that work on them.
Bone stock, there are better competitors out there. Cars that do everything better. The Chevy Sonic and Honda Fit are definitely near the top of the class, and the Yaris itself is world better than the Nissan Versa.
It's middle of the road at its finest.

I would still pick the yaris over anything.

>"dude you can't name a single reason why the yaris is bad"
>"whatever dude I'm still getting it"
why make the thread in the first place????

Im not OP faggot.

>boring to look at
>incredibly boring to drive
>old engines
>shit driving position
>incredibly long throw gearbox, almost feels like driving a van
>steering wheel has literally no feel whatsoever
>bodyrolls like a whale on heels
>really unstable at motorway speed

This is pretty much my experience from driving a mk1 and a mk2. Dunno about the newer ones.

Probably drives better than a diesel Fiat shitbox lmao

Yeah everyone should drive unreliable italian pieces of shit like you do amirite

It's not a bad car but it's not a good one either.

Except it doesn't. The only car in the same segment that drives better than a Punto is the Fiesta due to it's more communicative steering.
You're seriously delusional if you think the Punto chassis isn't great.

>spewing the same maymay over and over
It just gets boring.

You are boring
>muh pathetic excuse of a car I regret buying

>projecting this hard
Whatever makes you feel better, friend.

for once mjet's right.
he didn't say the yaris is less reliable than a punto or anything. just that the yaris is very boring to drive.
it is.
it's for people who think driving is a neccessary evil and want it over with with the least amount of fuss.
most jap shitboxes are the same with a few exceptions like the P10/11 primeras and type-r hondas

>trip fag who's always wring defending trip fag who's always wrong
Wew

are there any cars similar in size to a geo metro that are also cheap and easy to work on? I really want a short car.

Because these cars are for poorfags that can't scrape together 3k to buy a used civic. The 4-speed auto is shit. For 16k you could get a used chevy volt and use zero gas if you drive less than 35 miles a day.

>4-speed auto
You take that back!
>dont buy a $3k car in your budget
>go into debt with a poorly built shitbox that is over 5x the price
Nice try GM shill

Near the bottom. It's unkillable, but that's it. Resell is a bit high because Mah 'Yota, it drives like crap, the interior is crap, the engine is weaksauce both in terms of power and fuel economy, and it's fugly. I'd rather have a Versa and pocket the 4 grand, or spend a bit more can get a Prius C (which is basically a Yaris hybrid).

There's a reason why Toyota outsourced to Mazda to make their next gen subcompact; they obviously can't be bothered to make the Yaris as good as a 90's era Corolla.