/civ4xg/ - Civilization, Stellaris, Endless Legend and 4X Games General

I want you! Edition

>Stellaris OP
pastebin.com/qsTFCyvh

>Stellaris Mod Archive
mega.nz/#F!hpBCSbCC!vZNs1Qhip_UJQPSSdoZjUg

>What is Stellaris?
A 4x game developed by paradox development studios.

>Stellaris Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/vgstellaris

>/civ4xg/ OP:
pastebin.com/P5XCTQx9

>Some mods for Civilization V
pastebin.com/5ANRmRur

>More info on Civ VI:
pcgamer.com/civilization-6-everything-you-need-to-know/
ign.com/articles/2016/05/11/three-ways-sid-meiers-civilization-6-radically-reinvents-itself-city-building-science-and-diplomacy
gamespot.com/articles/civilization-6-revealed-brings-major-changes/1100-6439691/
well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html

old thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8Deqrw_Is3Y
youtube.com/watch?v=KISIj-uaIw0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

RIP

I was a second too late to post in the previous thread :(

>using the newly revealed civ leader in OP
Good man.

Why'd they have to die Veeky Forums? All they wanted to do was make a cool new innovative rts/4x

What? Why does that matter? It died after hitting the bump limit. It's not like you were a second too late of bumping it.

because a lot of people dont migrate quickly if they dont see a 'new thread' post in the old thread.

top 3 civs so far.

>Brazil
Districts get bonus yield from jungle, letting them have babylon tier science or celts tier faith in the early game.
They also get more great people points which is fucking amazing.

>Greece
A free wild card policy is like Poland's bonus. You just have more of whatever you need with it, even in the super early game you have 3 policies while everyone else has only 2.

>Rome
F R E E S H I T

Star ruler is an ambitious game but fails on the accessibility front.

Distant worlds 2 with a post windows 2000 UI and better ship designer when?

WHAT SPACE 4X GAME HAS BEST SHIP DESIGNER?!

Ah, you meant a link from the last thread to this one.

Japans gonna be real strong as well, # district types are cheaper for them and they get really good adjacency bonuses,

>Rome
But we will never bet to play as best emperor

SR2 was basically SR1 with a more cohesive design but less absolute ridiculousness like galaxy-huge ships. It also had a really unique econ system.
>Distant worlds 2 with a post windows 2000 UI and better ship designer when?
Never :^(

SPORE™

There are some other good ones but those 3 strike me as the korea/babylon/poland tier ones of civ6.

I actually think it's unironically star drive 2.
It strikes an almost perfect balance between autism with module hexes and simplicity between pre generated designs and limited non weapon modules.

Sadly, Caligula has a bad reputation
Maybe in mods

>Be Rome
>Find another civ
>Settle a city right next to them
>Buy a legion with all the free and extra gold from my free automatic trade posts and trade routes
>Build a fort next to my new city
>Other civ can't do shit about it
I'm going to have fun with this.

SOTS (or STOS2 if you can stand it), also but to get the most out of Star Ruler/2's designer you've gotta really, REALLY know how to use it and it doesn't really offer many visual options.

who the fuck is this

I'm liking Rome. It will be the first civ I play.

>gonna build a 4 forts just outside another civ's territory in one turn then DOW them

Yea, building forts in 1 turn is really stupid.
I'm not a fan of the builder change. I get what the want to do, but instantly constructing things even on marathon seems silly.

Didn't he sex his sister?
That's kinda hot

>+4 defense strength and fortification bonus applied
its not that crazy. not compared to civ 5's 50% increased defense. they nerfed forts a lot from the looks of it. (legions have 40 strength by default)

>I'm not a fan of the builder change.
I am. Managing workers late game was so menial.

I don't get it. All these bonuses are flat. Does that mean they become insignificant late game when unit strength goes up?

they might have technologies that boost the bonuses, or it could be era based.

unit strength in 6 works on difference, not ratios

>always annoyed that civs never renew open borders
>give them 1 gold a turn when i do open borders
>they come back every time now

i'm a moron

I don't follow.

why doesn't my spy's schmoozing work on the ottomans?

Are you spying on the capital?

How many expedition members is too many?

Game keeps handing me people like their fucking candy and I only barely just started. Got 28 so far, including a couple orcs, an elf, and 2 demons.

I think it might be bug. Have sent the spy somewhere else and back to his capital 3 times now. There's not even the option there when you look at culture victory. Or maybe that's what the great firewall does?

I heard that being in a fort makes the unit count as fortified, no matter what, so it should be a big deal.

Any chance of some user having this game and wanting to share?
or even just third party link?

Any hype for Endless Space 2? I really enjoyed the first one, but the sequel hasn't been getting much press since the announcement.

>playing endless legend
>winter season
>storm going on outside
comfy

Supposedly some time this month.

You'd think that if it was coming out that soon, Amplitude would list the release date.

"Sometime this month" is referring to the early access date.

I haven't been paying too much attention to Civ 6 info, but is there a mechanic like Happiness that limits you from playing wide like in 5? Rome sounds great and all, but if it's neutered by expansion penalties, then I'm not really understanding the hype.

Amenities are purely local happiness now. You can settle a doodoo city and it won't affect your capital other than increasing science and culture costs.

There's no more global happiness. There's Amenities which works like local happiness and there's Housing which kind of fulfills the health role from earlier games, but the only thing that really serves to slow down expansion that we've heard of is scaling settler/district costs, so it gets costlier to make more cities, but it's not a drain on your empire like a science penalty or happiness reduction.

>playing endless legend
>winter season
>storm going on outside
>wrapped in a blanket
>have a hot milo
>eating tiny teddies
>get a teddy with the front instead of the back covered in chocolate
very comfy indeed

What civ is going to be the biggest cunt in the hands of the Ai?

Rome and India seem obvious, but if the Ai has improved, I can see Norway being a motherfucker. Escaping to another continent and all that.

Wait like it costs actual money? But the AI is always bankrupt already. They're not going to be able to settle any cities.

Trajan is going to be Hiawatha but good, probably.

I can see Germany being a bitch because most civs want to interact with city states in some capacity, the bonuses are just to good to ignore

rome for expansion, india for general dick war starting, the aztecs will probably start wars like crazy for amenities, scythians for early war rushing, and norway will be frustrating if the ai actually knows how to properly pillage and shit now.
no, its based around gold or production. say you make one settler for 60 production, the next one will cost 70, etc. also increases the cost of it. im obviously making the numbers up, I dont know specifics.

He means it costs production, not gold

So the science cost for techs is a fixed rate? The same if you are occ or 20 city wide?

yes, same with culture. as far as we know (its not 110% certain until the game comes out for youtubers on the 29th), theres no penalty for settling 50 cities outside of the settler cost. same applies with workers, the more you build, the more they'll cost. (since they work off charges now, instead of staying forever)

That seems really dumb, since wider empires are inherently going to produce more everything than tall.

>!civ6
>Nightbot : Filthy will have access to a pre-release version of civ6 starting in the afternoon/evening of Sept 21st (delayed from the 19th). NDA has also been pushed back until 9am US Central, Thursday, September 29th. This means although Filthy can play Civ6 from the 21st-29th he cannot release Civ6 content until the 29th. Barring any other delays, expect a civ6 livestream on the 29th and YT videos of AI games to be released then as well. NDA means Filthy CAN'T talk about it until the 29th!
>!civ6
>Nightbot : Can't talk about anything at all related to this until Firaxis does

What did he mean by this?

>that seems really dumb
t. civ 5 player. it depends on amenities. you wont just be putting cities down every 3 tiles and you wont have 50 cities clogging up areas. with tall, you have to simply put more choice into city location. but a lack of amenities in cities means that their growth and production will be stunted and it wont really do anything. you still have to find good places for cities, but now you wont be limited to 4 or 5 like in civ 5 if you want an optimal game.

Not to be too autistic, but I've always thought that cities would be better off called provinces or state. Considering how they scale on the map, I mean the land/hexes they control, they're really huge swaths of terrain.

You can basically call each title another "city" or "town" and it'd be accurate

who are you going to play first?

Rome, obviously.

I agree, it's especially fitting for city states.

Think of them like nations with one single major city that dominates all others... like France!

rome for sure. unless gigglymesh or peter have an amazing set of abilities (or arabia I guess), rome is going to be my perfect introduction into civ 6 after playing so much civ 5.

Anyone still playing Civ IV?

youtube.com/watch?v=8Deqrw_Is3Y

>New cities start with a trading post, a road to yoru capital if in range, and one other free building (usually a monument).
>Legion - more expensive than swordsman but more powerful and can build forts.
>Trade routes earn extra gold for passing through trading posts in your own cities.

So Civ: Beyond Earth just went on sale for $12 on Bundle Stars.

I've heard nothing but mixed reviews about it since it came out. Opinions on whether or not it's worth this much? Should I snap it up?

For that amount, probably, but it's certainly not a complete steal.

The music is stupendous. It doesn't have nearly the replayability of CiV though.

Be a good goy and buy it directly from steam without a discount.

Hm. If I waited, do you think it would ever decrease appreciably within the near future? Or would that be something I would need to wait 2-3 years for?

$12 is borderline. You can pick it up without feeling bad. it's not a great deal by any means though.

its as cheap as its going to get for a long time.

No, I think that is low as it will get. Like, ever.

BE will probably not drop below $12 for the next few years outside of sales. You might see it for $10 or even $5 during their winter sale but then again you might not.

considering that the lowest that Civ V with all the DLC gets now is $12, you probably won't see anything lower for BE outside of big sales

what do you guys think of oriental empires?

Anyone manage to make out how much roman trade routes are boosted by passing through trade posts? I really hope this makes land based trade routes useful throughout the game.

On a side note, anyone else know just how much food egypt gives to trade routes from other civs?

Its okay

delete your smug anime face immediately
it brings shame to my famiri

thanks you helped so much xo

is cossacks 3 worth it? Heard it was basically "Cossacks: back to war: enhanced edition"
how is it in terms of bugs, content, dev support?
I want to rep GSC so they can make HoAE 2 already

>is it worth it
Not really
>"Cossacks: back to war: enhanced edition"
basically, thats what it plays like only with an AI that cheats like hell and finite wood
>bugs
Haven´t encountered any so far but I did not play the campaign yet
>content
about the same as the original Cossacks had, just with seemingly worse animations

How's the new MOO? Looks sort of alright.

Very polished but really shallow.

I'll hunt you to the ends of the earth you Roving Clan fuckers. Give me back my market!

Basically someone with 10 strength performs as poorly against someone with 20 strength as someone with 50 performs against 60

I've played it quite a bit.

Science victory is way too easy. There's literally no reason not to have a decent amount of science unless your neighbor is going absolutely nuts with their army. Difficulty for victory conditions is
science>score>domination>money>diplomacy

The game has deathstacks galore that can be mitigated slightly by chokepoints, but defensive buildings don't really do much. If you get attacked and they have more ships, you've lost. God help you if 2 races ever declare war on you.

The AI are all warmongers. If you don't have enough of an army, even your "ally" will declare war on you.

Combat is fun to watch but not very deep. Prioritizing killing larger enemy ships can help but that's about as deep as it gets.

I found it fun enough but it really need some expansions/DLC. Go "acquire" it and play a few games.

I'll just wait for more polish/DLC then. I'm not that hard up for a 4x fix.

God, don't remind me of Spore.

What tragically wasted potential.

It was going to be Spain, but now it's definitely Rome.

reminder

>dat Caesar
>Conquer almost all of Europe
>There's this one Barbarian camp in France that keeps shitting out units
>Send 4 Legionnaires, pop 4 forts near that camp, expect barbs to be wiped out
>All 4 Legionnaires attack 1 Barbarian army
>ALL 4 GET REKT

Barbarians' face when

What mod/s are being used in that screenshot?

Hope it's Ed 'Nigga Please' Beach leading the stream again. He fills me with such comfy optimism, no homo.

They dont do giveaways, do they? Back before release i got a founders edition of galciv 3 for free from one of stardocks streams for naming a planet.

was playing some civ 5 earlier with the stellaris soundtrack in the background

this track started playing while I was in the middle of a counterattack to take back a couple cities I lost
youtube.com/watch?v=KISIj-uaIw0

fit damn perfectly

Where can I "acquire" the soundtrack?