/scg/edg/ Star Citizen: Elite Dangerous General #56 or whatever who gives a shit

Hot New Peripherals Editions
Welcome to the merged general of Elite: Dangerous and Star Citizen.
Previous Thread: __________________________________
>Elite: Dangerous information:
pastebin.com/ZT9GWmaC

>Gamescom info
community.elitedangerous.com/eventseason16
heise.de/newsticker/bilderstrecke/bilderstrecke_3298445.html?back=3298273
gamestar.hu/gamescom/elite-dangerous-horizons-2-2-guardians-update-gamescom-2016-frissites-ujdonsagok-215519.html
>Latest videos
youtube.com/user/FrontierDevelopments/videos

robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15451-Gamescom-2016-Details
youtube.com/watch?v=GucYhhLwIxg

Citizencon countdown:
>timeanddate.com/countdown/launch?p0=137&iso=20161009T15&msg=CitizenCon '16

>Current update
>Next update?
PTU mid/late October "Maybe" rumours persist it is with evocati now.
Latest ATV:
youtube.com/watch?v=soR5XR5Sybc

Referral code randomize:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WNKNAuruiI1p5XGPjtVi_uwi8wPmuEYawOKQuhRXfdw/edit#gid=953337098

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/11273257/r
elite-dangerous.wikia.com/wiki/Alpha_Centauri/Proxima_Centauri
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for Best Ship.

Considering a combat ship, I have a Clipper but I fucking hate the hard point on it, and the shields are like paper.

FDL was my choice next.

So, realistically, when is SC actually going to release? Is 2018 really a realistic date? For them to implement everything Chris wants in the game you would have to think at least 2020. What do you guys think?

go all the way and get a cutter

Whoops wrong image

Still only Baron, I want something to have fun in for the grind between. Plus I want money to the side for the Beluga.

2018-19 is probably the release, it won' t have everything Chris has promised and they'll slowly start patching in the more ambitious stuff over the next five years.

That's exactly what will happen, the game will get a stable release with some features missing/regions locked and over the next 5 years it will be brought in as large patches.

could always go back and get a courier that's fun to fly

Once mining, trading, and salvage are implemented, we can only hope that planets and star systems get banged out as quickly as CIG makes it sound they will.

They might not have every ship and star system, or every minutae of gameplay set up, but I think they'll have something they can release.

More likely we'll be in beta by 2018

How will they be able to keep the hype train running for so long? What would happen if pledge money slowed to a trickle over the next couple of years? Do they really have a large enough cash reserve in that scenario?

I hope we can let someone ride on the back like that. Rad as fuck.

Actually never flown the Courier, only ships I've flown have been: Cobra MkIII>AspX>iEagle>Clipper>Conda

Pretty easily, Elite Dangerous has done exactly that. People love making up shit for what they think will be in the next update.
>space legs confirmed 2.3!!!!!

They've said in the Q&A that you can and they can fire an FPS weapon from the seat as well.

I think Roberts' pet Jew has their finances mapped out pretty securely for the foreseeable future.

Man, space pirate biker gangs man. Riding around desert planets like Mad Max. Shit's so cool.

>this game exists

nth for real best ship

>all time waiting for 10FTC

>its just headshit for a first person game where we all wear helmets almost all the time

Don’t talk shit about my jpgs.

I want clothing options to buy a kutte and join an Outlaw Dragonfly Club.

then stop posting them

nah

>bullshots from a game that doesn't exist

Will this thing fit inside of the Carracks scout bay?

t. Derek Smart

>slowly start patching in the more ambitious stuff
like what? land-anywhere procedural planets? Black Desert-tier character models? what is ambitious that's not being built now?

Thank god we have honest and talented indy space devs like Derek Smort to save us from all the evil fidelity.

/scg/ stands for sunks costs general

I've got a filename for that!

Why are you folks so desperate to troll a 4 year old general?

You really think you have something original in your little toolbox after all these years?

the ambiguously gay spaceship

>ambiguously

Freelancer is gay and proud user.

Manly men use Drake ships.

Drake is more robust than a backpack filled with energy guns

What level of fidelity are you on Chris?

To answer your question, at the moment we uhhh are on Tier 0 which is our highest tier

Don't forget the Tier -1 character that played a character artist co-hosting the show

If you look at his mouth during the whole video you can spot some clipping issues. Blueshirt is definitely a character showcase

Clearly Mr. Smart is using more advanced tech than that scam called Star Citizen.

Good luck getting your money back shitizens.

any custom HUD for Elite that still keeps allies and Enemies distinguishable

>mfw CIG says that flancer will not be able to use small JPs

Smart actually managed to get a full sized planet into one of his games? honestly impressive for him.

>Smart actually managed to get a full sized orange into one of his games? honestly impressive for him.

fixd

Terrapin is HOT

But since right now it's basically Avenger sized while it looks twice the size in concept art, I'd expect it to get a small size increase

>in SC
>turn off thrusters
>FSD FAILURE - DROPPING
>THRUSTERS OFFLINE
>drop into normalspace
>thrusters are online

>SC
Fuck I meant ED

cheeky bugger
it's SuperCruise you dolt

You were pulled out of witchspace by the Thargoids. They then deposited a tracking device on your hull and let you go about your buisness.

GG, only way to get rid of it is to buy a new hull.

>self destruct
>get insurance rebuy

gg thargoids

It's attached to the hull of your faceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

nth for ATV today.

strawpoll.me/11273257/r

And the votes are in, poles closed.

Pro Messer - 74%

Anti Messer - 26%

Welcome back Messer. Welcome back the Second Messer Empire.

MOOOVEEEMEEENT

Glorious.

>using eguns for ranged instead of tiles
I bet you don't even jack off to tiles either faggot

AWOOOO VOTE MESSER

>mfw it's frankfert

>he uses range

I bet you're too much of a pussy to push people down then harmintent them before disarming them when they get up again.

So I'm new ED. I've been flying a Viper MKIV around for a while, not sure what I should upgrade to. Do I save for a Vulture, or should I try on of the Multirole ships (I've been flying nothing but combat vessels so far.

Also, I don't really have a sense of purpose. Is there anything I should be working towards? Should I be heading towards the centre of the galaxy or something?

P Y T H O N
Y
T
H
O
N

best

Set your goal to be to reach Alpha Centurai

Thats an expensive ship... but i suppose that does answer both of my questions.

But in the mean time, is the vulture any good?

>best
Best ship coming though

Just imagine how many more images I'll have to post after the Polaris is shown off at Citizencon. Your Aquila will be flyable in the next few months.

I personally just went type 6 -> type 7 doing profitable cargo runs to skip that entire area until I got my Python and do armed cargo until I feel bored then give it a combat loadout and go bounty hunting

I only ever use them when I'm on an adjacent tile to my target
you cannot comprehend the depths of my robustness

>there are people who think you won't be able to upgrade a hornet into a hornet tracker in game
>there are people who think variants aren't ships with certain parts installed

I robusted cappy and camille when they both tried to tag team me. with my bare hands. I made Camille's stolen RD vest teleport them into space while almost crit before panicing back inside and being robusted with a toolbox unconcious

Not coming up in my searches of the galaxy map. Is there are reason to go there?

The F7C-R is just a F7C with a pod module and maybe some additional hardware inside that can be pulled out and swapped around.

Do people really believe you cant?

It's also got the best paintjob of all the hornets.

elite-dangerous.wikia.com/wiki/Alpha_Centauri/Proxima_Centauri

*muffled frameshift drive in distance*

Just glossing over the previous thread

F7C MK2 Tracker when?

Just close your eyes and imagine that F7A with a dome instead of a turret.

If we get the F7C MK sale at CitCon (to tie into the SQ42 trailer/gameplay) then I wonder if we could expect a new hornet variant. It'd be pretty fucking great if they put up the base F7C then had a module pickn' mix.

F7C-M without the RIO seat, F7C-R with the second seat for squadron C&C

I almost feel bad for everyone that bought the Ghost now that the Sabre is out.

>F7C-M without the RIO seat, F7C-R with the second seat for squadron C&C

The latter is just a super hornet with a radar instead of a ball turret.

Actually I think the Ghost might turn out to be slightly more stealthy, Sabre's main focus is dogfighting with a secondary focus on being efficent. The Ghost is basically a full component and outer hull conversion.

If wanted a proper stealth ship though I'd go for the upcoming Aegis Eclipse.

They did specifically mention that the Ghost is still just a modified Hornet while the Sabre is built from the ground up to have less emissions, but then again, they wouldn't dare make a ship better than the Hornet in any way.

But what if it looks terrible?

Literally the total opposite.

Super hornet can mount a larger powerplant, I'm meaning more of a F7C conversion than a F7CM center module

You shut your whore mouth.

user, that Q&A information was proven wrong awhile ago. There was even drama about it. I'm pretty sure user is talking about gameplay, not herpderp stealthship lol. Sabre, as they currently view it, is a fighter with coincidental slightly lower signature than other fighters

>user, that Q&A information was proven wrong awhile ago.

where

reminded me of a joke

>IT engineer fucks up
national secrets leaked on the Internet
>computer scientists fuck up
rogue AI
>virologists fuck up
killer virus
>geologist fuck up
rock on table is now rock on the floor

>proven wrong
Proper stealth/sensor/signature mechanics aren't even in yet.

>he believes the Q&A

Please don't tell me that you think current implementation is evidence of how they intend or want things to be, user.

Because I'll laugh at you.

Mercilessly.

What if Sabre is the stock and we can use parts to make the thing stealthier than the Ghost?
Like a "variant" we haven't seen?

That makes sense since it's just a base hull. Throw on the "Void" armor the Ghost uses.

Viper 4 isnt much of a combat vessel, its more of a dadbra 3. Dbs or courier if you want combat. Type 6 or asp x for light trading/ explorer.

Python if you want to do all but explore bretty gud.

Thats only 2 jumps from my current location

Though I think the wiki has spoilt your joke

Viper 4 is combat. I used one a long time ago.

Load up on hutton mugs and gin

I would appreciate some anomaly's in the ED Galaxy

No one seems to have functional legs, how's that for an anomaly?

Does anyone have that /scg/ picture of Ben in a meeting with some guy and he suggests making the game instead of focusing on weekly sales and gets thrown out of the window?

Thank you. Except I don't remember making it so badly, those black lines in the edit are quite rough. I believe I made the text smaller, too and vaguely remember someone making another version with bigger text which might be the one you just posted.

all this new content to be talked about and you guys just shill smarts some more. fucking /b/tards i swear.

Who? Where?