/fog/ Fallout General

Enclave Edition(Never Ever Edition)

>fog/ Mod Archive
fogmods.weebly.com

>CK
creationkit.com/fallout4/index.php?title=Main_Page

>Fallout 4 General Information (Read Before Asking Questions)
pastebin.com/UkxVHYQB

>Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Links
pastebin.com/x1yeAmcP

>The Art of Fallout 4
mega.nz/#!vQkWVLpD!nBOiJBqgYriOJNkjU8OqxSFOfpKJHYWT6wZunopd6Fg

>Fallout 4 Item IDs
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1J9quAMtGK70aptz0t5teqWHGZJ9T9uvJmzNEBJEB36Q/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true

>Fallout 4 Legendary Effects & IDs Guide
pastebin.com/qg0KhsCA

>Fallout 4 Settlement Mods & Information
pastebin.com/QJquVveh

>Nuka World Collectibles Guides
>SCAV! Mags
imgur.com/a/caZVa
>Nuka Recipes
imgur.com/a/iyZy4
>Starcores
imgur.com/a/y4EMu
>Medallions
imgur.com/a/Fg9IT
>Cappys
imgur.com/a/B0PrB

>HOW TO CONVERT SKYRIM / OBLIVION / NV / FO3 ETC MODELS TO FO4 + Bodyslide Guide
pastebin.com/MWEPKj5m

>Fallout 3/NV
pastebin.com/wVAqLvCD

>Archive
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/fog/

Pre-War thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/17732/?
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

gay

I've been away since the week Far Harbor released, what is the new hotness in mods you guys can recommend? I don't trust Nexus users to know actual good mods.

blame the mods from /v/
they were having daily NV threads and were told to go to fog but instead got cfog made, and all anyone talks about there is NV

4th for cancelling the commiepocalypse

nth for sierra is a qt

She certainly did not hit the wall all that hard.

I wasn't implying it's a bad thing there's a separate general for Obsidian fanboys to circlejerk in, I'm glad people saw the light.

Also not surprised that nobody talks about the 2d games there, they're so delusional they actually think NV is better.

Hey guys, how would I deal with making looting easier with the shitload of corpses in my settlement's execution area ?
Is there a way to automate this process with mods ?

>Being told to fuck up because they talking about video game on /v/
This is funny and sad.

Not really, Veeky Forums exists to keep actual discussion in one place so /v/ is free to shitpost and/or suck Nintendo's dick.

>Part of the institute quest where you have to deliver message on radio
>Pick all the nice options because I'm trying to make the institute more friendly
>Go to diamond city
>One of the guards says "What did that institute guy mean, 'the above ground world will cease to exist'"

Literally what the fuck? I said something like "The future is in safe hands".

Wrong dialogue flags. Happens all the time in Bethesda games. Beth never fixes them.

Help

Why am I downloading a 2.9gb update for Far Harbor?

Because you are a filthy peasant.

Um what?

Yup.

>he doesn't know
you're almost a year late on that one

Good edition OP

Too bad you got bitchslapped by a tribal and a shitty vault dweller with daddy issues.

>Assault one of their strongholds and kill their people so I can bring back some synths
>Railroad isn't hostile

errrrr

I was gearing up for this to be a tough mission but I'm just going to be able to fucking shoot her and walk out.

>what is plot armor
Enclave would decimate anyone who didn't have a protagonist to bail them out.

So are there any more DLCs planned? I know the season pass content is over but Bethesda can't just leave us with only 2 story DLCs and fuck off.

Also, any mods to restore the BoS ending cut content where Danse becomes Elder?

Nope. That's it for FO4. Couple more patches, and they'll pretend it never existed.

>Bethesda can't just leave us with only 2 story DLCs and fuck off
but they are
and they did

If the Enclave is so great why don't they make their own protagonist?

>Bethesda can't just leave us with only 2 story DLCs and fuck off.

Because at the end of the day they're at the mercy of Todd
Just like us

I don't mind bro, I have low standards when it comes to vidya.

I just finished the game and I still don't understand why the Institute was doing any of the shit it was doing.

Because SCIENCE!

That's literally it.

So, like the Think Tank from OWB, but without the brain damage?

It was all just for the hell of it? I thought that going Institute would at least give me a hint of some kind of comprehensive plan.

"Mankind redefined" but that was more in relation to the whole synth project.

No it's more like the Think Tank from OWB but with even more brain damage.

Their plan is "Advance humanity through science."

They've been living in their bubble for so long that they can't accept that humanity is on the rebound without their guidance.

I'd actually be down for the cut content to be restored by a mod, or something.

>SS becomes Elder
>Paladin Danse returns to the Brotherhood again as Paladin
>Some of the Brotherhood defects, not wanting to be under the command of the SS or work alongside a Synth
>They become a hostile faction of Brotherhood Outcasts

Is Maxon killed in the cut content, though? It just says he's defeated in battle as a challenge to his authority.

They're basically all psychopaths who see little value in the lives of regular citizens of the Commonwealth. They don't really have any sort of plan aside from trying to be the Illuminati to no real end. Like, they want to control above ground civilization so that no one can threaten them, but nobody would want to threaten them if they just stopped being a bunch of fucking assholes.

Recently returnedfag here, what are the starting conditions for Nuka World?

I've heard level 30, but are there any others?

You can actually just go there at level 1, level 30 is just when the radio signal pops up.

Oh nice, where is the starting location?

West of Fort Hagen Satellite Array

Cheers m8.

>tfw PS4 player
>just got back from holiday with no internet
>PS4 mods cancelled, Bethesda say it's Sony's fault

YOSHIDAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

It's a shame the Nuka-World quests and general storyline was so shit because I really enjoyed exploring the area. Going outside of Nuka-World and just finding random buildings in the middle of nowhere was surprisingly comfy

Kiddie Kingdom can go fuck itself though

>farming simulator 2017 to have PS4 Mods

>not wearing PA or a hazmat suit

The rads didn't bother me as much but the funhouse was horrendously painful on the eyes for obvious reasons.

Also they really underused Oswald.

>consoles

Holy shit, really?

I guess it's literally just Todd sucking off Microsoft again for their marketing money.

>Oblivion was a trainwreck on PS3
>So was Fallout 3
>So was Skyrim
>Far Harbor was fucked on PS4 but fine on the Xbox One even though it has worse hardware
>Now they're blaming Sony for no mods

TOOOOOODDDDDDDD!

Play the record again, I wanna hear it again!

>consoles

Didn't sound as great as the first time, I think it might be scratched.

>consoles

>I guess it's literally just Todd sucking off Microsoft again for their marketing money.
Sony wanted every mod to be tested by Bethesda. I'm guessing Farm Simulator isn't going to get 50,000 conflicting mods so the developers/publishers can afford to sit down and test all of them before they're put up.

>Just completed the game for first time as institute.

Really that was it?

Are any of the other endings satisfying?

Console
>Curie voice

pls help

>Curie voice

After putting her in one of my settlements while building and hearing the same 4 voice lines repeated over and over again for like 2 hours I can confirm that it now sounds like nails on a chalkboard.

>Are any of the other endings satisfying?
Considering they all involve nuking the Institute they're all satisfying to me senpai.

What do you have against the institute fampai?

Killing them all of your own accord sound pretty official to me user, bring a nuke grenade and throw it into the middle of their shitty base.

>It does work

How, exactly? I tried making one that would pull water from all linked settlements and it wouldn't work. It only pulled water from the settlement I was in.

I connected a terminal to it and it said "Not pulling from linked workshops" so I press "Toggle workshop linkage" and nothing happens.

Any known crash causes when you approach the start location of Nuka World?

I'm going really light on the mods so I'm confused as to what could cause it.

UI mods
Water mods

Your post reminded me.

I tend to crash whenever I use elevators. Like 70% of the time. What would cause this?

Did you intend to spell that "ARMOPY?"

It looked like an R at the time

ITS NOT AN OR FUNCTION ITS AN AND FUNCTION HOW AM I SO FUCKING STUPID

Anyways, backstabs are a thing now.

I wonder how long it will be until we see skimpy Power armors.

Besides that weird multi-colored animu one.

Isn't that the cybernetics mod? pretty much power armor wthout armor

Going too far.

It may sound official to us, but Fallout 4 is so damn scripted that half of my game might end up completely fucked up because I didn't take a quest for killing them all.

That just looks wrong.

I just want form fitting and non-stompy power armor. Like an exoskeleton just wrapped in armor plates.

Yep, tested it out. Works perfectly. Really quite simple too, no idea why bethesda didn't do this shit themselves.

Might try a different cubemap.

Yeah, I looked at the link. Look at how warped the valve on the back got.

It also makes the Power armor look like it got an eating disorder and became anorexic.

One of the sneaking melee animations is a backstab iirc.

How does yours work? Like the Spy knife in TF2? x10 damage when attacking from the back? And when sneaking it would be like x300 with all the right perks?

Well if you're going to side with the BoS or Institute then just kill them with the quest. If not then just wait until you get the courser chip decoded, maybe get the ballistic weave and then kill them.
The courser chip is the only reason they're necessary, killing them afterwards shouldn't affect anything.

I was pissed at this; not because he was a synth, but I gave him my best PA parts and couldn't take it back when I had to put him down for Maxson.

It could work making an extra-armored assaultron follower walking tank waifu.

I'm a little saddened they didn't have a set of Power Armor like the prototype medic shit in FO3, or the stealth suit in NV. I could see that being a really need follower idea.

Also I want to fuck a robot/power armor.

>someone unironically thinks this is good

There actually already is Assaultron power armor.

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/17732/?

Gold looks nice

I wonder where they got that saw from, I could make it into a weapon.

And the vanilla sneaking animations actually have nothing to do with location. you could stealth boy in front of them and teleport for the sneak kill. It's dumb.

The way this effect works is that it detects the orientation of your enemy and your orientation, and compares them. If they're similar enough (around a 60 degree cone), you'll deal the backstab damage.

Might increase it, since backstabs are hard to come by. But 80-100 is still plenty high.

Guys bit late here I know but I haven't finished fallout 4.

I know in New Vegas you can pretty much do every companions quest but is that possible in Fallout 4? I can't make heads and tails of this companion system

You can kill them whenever, I did that in one of my playthroughs and it didn't break the game.

Yeah you can you just can't get yourself locked into a faction and some followers have certain things you need to do before you can do their quest.

>I wonder where they got that saw from, I could make it into a weapon.

Automatron. Its one of the highest tier melee weapons. A dual headed sledgehammer with a sawblade in the middle.

lmao even your robots are fat

I'll ask again, since we've now got more people active it seems.
Does anyone know of any mod authors or mods which make the raiding settlements an option from the very get go? Nuka World style raiding, that is.
I want to make Abernathy Farm mine, but I don't have the gear to do it the MM way and I don't want to lose out on Connie for the barter factor, but I *need* to get a brahmin for fertiliser production. I'm doing a big guns run and acquiring a constant source of fertiliser is my only means of supplying a reliable source of 5mm rounds.

Looking through the CK, I don't know what I'm doing and I can't see what I'm after. Does anyone know if anyone has this shit in mind?

You should create a hunting rifle or some other high damage single-shot rifle that pierces through enemies, and does more damage the more enemies it pierces. Might need some balancing, but could be a cool idea.

Hi /fog/ I am from /mlp/ and I am assembling a team of modders to make a pony mod for Fallout 4. One of my bronies told me this general has a person that can make models and a person here that can rig models. Would you be willing to join? Please keep the shitposting at a min, if you dont like it dont respond ok.
We have a texture artist and voice actors already.

Is that show still a thing? I thought that MLP stirring up shit died at least a year ago.

I'm the only modeler here.
If you pay me and never mention me anywhere in the credits, sure.

Funny you should say that, I already did

I'd join if you paid me...

ONE MEEELLION DOLLARS

This project isn't going to be funded
Just ran by goodwill and friendship

No then

>I realized most of Fallout 4's guns are from WW2 or early 21st century
>The Thompson is the submachinegun and the BAR is the assault rifle

Why no pew pew pew ping though or does the hunting rifle fill that role?

Also no G3/FAL/SLR, M60, M870, 1911, M14, Browning .50, Bren, Uzi and innawoods essentials like the SKS and the Nugget?

They got the AK right but how come no access to the NCR rifle though?