EVE Online General - /eog/

Pure Online General
Only Whites Allowed.
Go away Projectile Niggers, turn back Gallentcucks, commit sepuku Calamari.

Previous: Permalink: orph.link/eog

>Can I make enough ISK to PLEX during the trial?
If you have to ask, you can't do it.

>I just started, what should I do?
Do the Opportunities then all the Career Agent missions; they give you ISK, ships, skillbooks and teach you basics. Talk to players and try to find a corp. The game is only as boring as you are.

>Is it too late to start playing EVE?
No.

Read the /eog/ pastebin: pastebin.com/JGKUEsZy
Focus Group Logs: focusgrouplogs.tech.ccp.is/

Future:
>Winter: Industrial arrays, drilling platforms
>Nov 25: Eve Down Under
>Nov ??: updates.eveonline.com/coming/fall/ click through for devblog links on F2P and LINKS, plus teasers for rorqual reworks, industry structures, visual updates AND also free stuff, plus a new ship
>Oct 28: Eve Vegas
>Sep 27: Coronation of Catiz I

Past:
>Sep 13: Mining barge overhaul, some new frigate models, capital module balance pass
>Sep 12: CSM 11 first summit
>Aug 20: NC/PL dunk CO2/TEST in SH1-, biggest fight since B-R imgur.com/a/YhwzU
>Aug 13: [SoundCloud] WH CSM Townhall 13AUG2016 by OrangeEagle
>Aug 09: Citadel contracts, dmg/rep visuals, clouds performance boost, cargo notifications
>Jul 26: AT prizes announced (blood raider variations)
>Jul 23: Goons move to Delve, SMA closes
>Jul 19: Broski joins then kills QFC
>Jul 18: Billboards submissions open
>Jul 07: AT rule changes: 10 players, no cap-xfer, no CDs, blood raider ships encouraged
>Jun 29: "Shadow of the Serpent" event began, serp capitals introduced
>Jun 28: Citadel trading, overlay vectors, new implants, drugs legal, NSA nerfs, triage/seige/bastion now ECM immune, mass fitting
>Jun 23: RIP SP dailies
>May 30: RIP Dust 514 (long live Project Nova)
>Foozie makes a bunch of stupid pointless changes (don't ever remove this from the OP, because it is always true)

First for there is no reason to use the moros because of the nag is better in every way

Second for dead gaem

>Coronation of Catiz
So is this like a CCP event with actual NPCs and shit or is it just another boring "here's 6 large collidable object NPC titans you can look at" like we got last time?

good taste op

post good purity skins

>

r8

>afterburner on a battleship
So you can get under the guns of what exactly?

A dread?

Just what the hell are you going to use that fit for?

You plan on 1v1'ing dreads?

Not me senpai
Just offering a suggestion
Small gang Moros hunting?

>kinetic rig
>not aux pump

HAWS will still track you regardless

so use the nag

Nag HAWS will still track you

A dread will just use a grappler

Also that bhaalgorn is shit, you should dual rep it with more resists, rigs should be Nano pump and Nanobot injectors

Also stop using the caldari navy webs and get fed navy webs, use a disruptor. Drop the mjd and afterburner for a mwd because that afterburner isn't doing shit for you

so use a nag

The moros is balanced if you use the nag

what's your favourite meme dread

The revelation

moros
it gets to collect dust while I fly my nag and revelation

I've just started and I'm currently doing the Oppurtunites, are Haulers at all sought after? I have always played space sims as a space trucker, so I'd just like to do low-sec hauling runs if it's at all profitable.

>T2 MWD

no sorry

No

>large cap battery

>500MN Quad LiF Restrained Microwarpdrive
>Large Cap Battery II
>Reactive Armor Hardener
>Large Processor Overclocking Unit I
>Large Anti-Kinetic Pump I

Admit it, you enjoy my fits

Enjoy laughing at them, sure.

I haven't even started.

So you can move at more than 1 m/s when scrammed

Project Nova when

game better feature hand-drill mining.

I just want to blow up colonies.

Stay out of my PI operation faggot.

I swear to god I'll put a bounty on you.

>mfw all those PI carebear tears

>not gla demo master race

>wanting to see a turbans ugly mug

Anybody else having a blast going SANIC on SiSi right now?

Who wants a 666,666 m/s Crusader...

>Crusader

>50% off all valimor legacy skins

Valimor must be spinning in his grave to have such a shit legacy.

At the earliest? Probably EVE Vegas.

>tfw not going to eve nt

I'm thinking about using a HAW rev against roaming gangs in my region for a laugh. Anyone tried solo dread since HAW were introduced?

>solo dread

kys

Has any academic research been done on the economy of Eve? How much of the economy is purely player driven?

Literally all of it except blueprints?

Do you even play this game?

>LP stores
>NPC buy orders

>Degenerate skins

LP stores sure, for blueprints and implants

NPC buy orders are just a stupid way to get bounties. Those items have no other use.

it is a part of the economy though

I flew a Succubus in pvp back when it was a split damage bonus.

>tfw split weapons are gone forever because of shitters

So are rat bounties. Its just a way to get ISK into the economy.

>the economy is actually entirely based and dependent on NPCs and their functions

You could remove isk faucets and the economy would work just fine faggotron.

>implying players can actually make isk

>implying they need to when there's so much in the game
>implying you can't trade without isk

Im going to start piloting frigs in FW a lot, my aim is to become the frigmaster of EVE

Ofc, but just like IRL exchanging money is much more efficient and convenient than bartering.

>implying that you can just ignore the foundation set up by the NPCs, rip out what is currently in, and then pretend it wasn't dependent on them to function as it is now

>frigmaster
Good luck. You'll need it.

I enjoy frig combat, fast and fun

I'm not saying you can't enjoy it, I'm just saying good luck. I'm behind a T3D.

I don't play the game, but I'm looking for research ideas for a thesis.
Is there a central bank regulating monetary supply? Is there any kind of deposit insurance on player owned banks? Is there a market for securities trading?

poop

No there's none of that. Any player or player Corp saying they're a financial institution is a scammer

The economy works just fine now

>Is there a central bank regulating monetary supply
Sort of I guess. Isk is given to you by NPCs for killing other NPCs for the most part.

>player owned banks
Hah. There used to be a player-run bank way back, but it turned out to be a scam and the guy pocketed billions of isk. There are simply no game mechanics in place to force you to pay anything back. Which is kind of mind boggling really if you consider this game has been around for 13 years, you'd think they could implement a type of loan/interest contract.

>securities trading
Nope.

May the purity guide you user.

I dunno. About this fit. The dps is really low and if the gang you engage has any logi you'll never break them.

You're out of cpu and you have no way of reducing the angular Velocity of anything beyond 10km like normal webs do

Also replace that tracking computer with a tp because Tps give better bonus on ships for tracking than a tracking speed scripted tracking computer

he's gallente you theocratic piece of space garbage slaver

The HAWS are literally shit, super low DPS and shirt range that no one will hang out at. Big Miker had a video with his nag and HAWS and it didn't go well at all. Not worth shit

>Big Miker

>stunt

>ex MOA
>ex CO2
>ex SMA
Lmao

Good luck m8, you're going to need it.

Did you really just sp dob tracked him?

His corp name is on that sheet you minmanigger.

fag

Oh, I didn't think such a stupid name was even possible, thought it was some sort of meme npc Corp.

>fridgemaster

The game mechanics only enforce simple item exchange contracts. I guess CCP originally wanted players to adopt the roles of financial institutions, but the game (rightly) doesn't allow player organisations to impose any punitive measures on other players beyond blowing up their ship or expelling them from the group, which makes contract enforcement pretty much impossible.

Are there any of special edition ships that are confirmed extinct?

>confirmed extinct
You mean by CCP?

No I doubt they would announce something like that.

Yea the dps isn't great, but people solo in carriers, and they get similar dps with 3 light fighters. Granted 2000dps won't break massed t2 logi, but surely it'll be able to do something against a gang with one or two?

Not sure what you mean by the second point tho. Grapplers have longer range than webs. AFAIK a normal web is only better than a grappler between 8-10km, where its ~10% stronger.

There's only one Apocalypse Imperial Issue left in the game and there was only ever one Megathron Federate Issue.

Wasn't there someone selling the State Raven for like a trill some time ago?

>local empties
>you're alone with you're waifu

Solo carriers don't have application issues like a solo dread does, user.

>unskinned prospect
baka

all the skins look worse though

>waifu cloaks

>no purity skin for prospect

just what are ccp implying

>amarr event
>OMG ZEY ARNET FOR ALL HAUHAUEHUE

That you're a humongous faggot.

at least I'm not gay

>but people solo in carriers
Because the alpha is so stupidly high on the torps

Also the part about the grappler is true, they're only super effective at short ranges and for a solo dread you have to do what big Miker did and use a capital microwarp drive ramp up your speed to max and of you get tackled or hit max you siege and drift for up to like 500km before needing to speed up again

However big Miker used a fed navy web and a grappler which together allowed him to hit shit at sub 20km

Bring drugs for your reppers or bring drugs for tracks no because you'll need them

>literally giving attention to meme pvpers