Fighting Games General /fgg/

pastebin.com/rPVC94ez

Other urls found in this thread:

giantbomb.com/articles/guest-column-what-fighting-game-is-right-for-me/1100-5491/
twitter.com/jiyunajp/status/778771379915149313
twitter.com/AnonBabble

play sfv

Tekken is hard.

play with my ass

not to get started.

I do, rashid is fun.

inertia got the farthest at evo

Daily reminder that sfv is shit.

looks better than SFV desu

>that bulge

smash is not a fighting game

how the hell do fan modelers keep outdoing capcom?

cummy poison in sfv when desu

Name a game where most of the cast are shoto characters.

>SFV it's really intense

I have never seen someone sweat so much as Poongko did in GF at TGS. It looked like he was dying on stage. I've heard pro's say the same thing, one or two mistakes in neutral and you are pretty much dead. I remember Snake for example saying he thought SFV was way too stressful to play on his stream.

any street fighter.

I've decided the name that fits SFV the most.

Smash Fighter V.

more like shit farter jive

The non-shotos always out number the shotos in any Street Fighter, m8.

who actually gets played though?

>feelio when they don't let you enter the vip room but you need your hand-warmies before the friendlies with some jim who wants to ditto

Smash has content, balance, responsive controls, very varied playstyles and a huge community support.
SFV has none of that.

why can't we all go back to ultra pooper meat-biter floor?

man kof14 trials are kinda easy

Yeah, man. Those shimmies are so intense and hype #RiseUp #Capcomunity #SFV @TheAlexValle @ThatMikeRossGuy @TheComboFiend @gootecks

Guile and Chun
Any of the consistent Shadoloo Kings

>playing with jims

t. Jim

#RTSD #4theplayers

SvC Chaos

will he walk backward!?

will he press a plus on block medium normal?

oh god, will he throw!?

Sounds like you hate pure street fighter, probably a smashfag too.

>will he do the the same flowchart buzzsaw mixup?

they're there to show you basics instead of intimidate you/waste your time with impractical shit like the 13 trials did.

>giantbomb.com/articles/guest-column-what-fighting-game-is-right-for-me/1100-5491/
>Street Fighter games change from series to series, but the games tend to emphasize mid-range engagements, where players get to feel each other out and jockey for positional advantage in the dance of death we call "footsies." Learning to play (and love) footsies is central to fighting games in general, but few games go as hard on them as Street Fighter, and I think this is a key part of SF's status as a genre staple; you learn more about your opponent through footsies than you do in any other part of a fighting game match.

Did he even play sfv?

yeah its much nuicer than 13's
gives me a little bit of an idea of their combos

You mean has he played any SF, it's all knockdown into setplay.

Why do you keep shitposting sfv if you want ingrind in? I don't get it?

white tights is top sniff

SFV is designed for ladder grinders who want to hop on for a quick match of a simple fighting game without putting any thought into why they keep losing or winning.
The decisions in the game never go past the "he's teching my throws/mashing jab so I'm gonna frametrap him".
There is never "he's gonna do A B or C so I choose option X to deal with all of those and he has to come up with something else to do"
Bad characters are the ones who have mixup tools that have universal answers that work every time. Good characters are the ones that can apply the basic mixup multiple times in a row with either no risk at all or with minimal risk.

>medium punch is the default palette
wtf

People who generally sucked at SFIV blamed it on stuff like 1f links, focus attacks, option selects and Fuerte etc. But the reality is they sucked because they just couldn't play Street Fighter. Valle got top 8 in virtually every tournament for about 2 years without even being able to link jab into sweep, do SPS cr.hp DP or even DP FADC Ultra (DP FADC EX DP was the Valle special). SFV removes everything that makes Street Fighter interesting, like you know - space control, footsies, and a skill-based neutral game in general.
That's why SFV players hate it when you say their game is ass. They want to believe that they are actually good at SF because they just got Super Bronze and the best they could ever manage in SFII was to beat the bonus stage. Barely

is it kusoge shitter hour again?

post cfn

option9

It's the ingrid smasher.

>fightcade update was teased 6 months ago

waifuniggers are all mentally ill.

Sounds like someone couldn't get out of bronze.

what was supposed to be in the update?

SFV players are retarded period. Everything they criticized about SFIV is either the same in SFV or even worse. (slow, no footsies, retarded mixups etc)
Also: SFV is trash not only due to its design mistakes, but its lack of polish. People are rewarding a game with less quality control by defaulting to it where as games like KI/KoF/GG have far better devs that do their jobs well.
People might like SF better for whatever reason, but putting up with their bullshit while brushing off the efforts of their competition is wrong.

At this rate we will get rollback for dolphin and ppsspp before the fightcade update.
@155457483
Stop copypasting shit from the archives.

it's tribalism. That's all it is. Tribalism is a problem in the real world too, we just recognize it as a problem there.

I don't normally get on Veeky Forums, and this morning wanted to check some Guild Wars info....but you got me with that pic.

Good job OP, guess I'm back into fighting games for at least this workday.

More up to date emulator that ran better with less input lag and a shit ton more games.

I played against people who had the perseverance to grind ranked to higher ranks and it was still the same game with same mixups.
Only thing that changed that the opponents didn't drop combos anymore.

I'm not the Ingrid shitposter. Just an enthusiast. Do you want me to shitpost?

By appealing to mouthbreathing animetards like you

I remember support for new games and megadrive shit.

Wait people drop combos in sfv?

For me I just don't really enjoy V. I was only just starting to get into SFIV when Ultra came out, and so while I didn't really have much time to experience it, I liked what I was able to learn. I remember when I began, having no idea what the game had to offer, and slowly progressing in the game. From learning basic combos, to more difficult ones, to learning option selects and starting to learn safe jumps. Footsies were weird for me (dive kick characters) so I don't think I ever learned those too well, but I had a great time playing, and every month or so it felt like there was something new to do.
For SFV, it feels too stripped down. Combos aren't satisfying to land, and the few OS's and safe jumps I know are really simple (though I am new at the game, and it's vanilla). Losses in SFV feel gimicky, and wins feel cheap. Because the game lacks a strong universal defense option it seems like the game boils down to a coin toss, where as defensive OS's in SFIV meant you had to be creative in how you opened people up, though it also meant that top level cautious play was over-rewarded.
Still, I didn't care that SFIV wasn't 100% thrill during top 8 because I enjoyed playing it with friends and online. Likewise, I don't care that SFV has more thrill in tournaments because I don't enjoy playing the game online, and only marginally enjoy it with my friends.

On twitter they're hinting that there's elo and matchmaking coming, what the.

Nothing isn't a shitpost

you are literally copy/pasting from kappa.

you have to go back.

you are shitposting currently.

Yeah sure

>The feel of balrog
I should have switched over sooner. Fuck laura. I wasted so much time maining that shit char

I'm sort of in the same boat having used Bipson. But I still wanna hold onto Bipson

>SFV
lmao

fuck off nigger

twitter.com/jiyunajp/status/778771379915149313

I went back to USF4 a month ago and holy shit, I had actually forgotten the feeling of enjoying outplaying someone. From landing a Sakura tatsu loop, aka not even the hardest combo in the game, but yet it feels 1000 times better when landing it than any SFV thing, to properly whiff punishing someone who presses buttons. I missed that. SFV forces me to be preemptive and very often prevents me from punishing brainless players pressing every button randomly. Losing feels frustrating, winning barely feels good.

The fucked up thing is i bet Capcom won't buff him much if at all come season 2

Bison is an online scrub killer. They probably want him to remain that way even if he drops off vs decent players

based jiyuna

kys andrew

Why? Remember, you have a great number of reasons to choose from. Which did you choose?

>sf2 was a buggy mess
>sf3 nearly killed the series
>sf4 was garbage
>sfv is garbage

has SF EVER been good? is sf1 the only passable game?

Just give him a decent AA. Just that. He probably wouldn't even move up tiers or what have you. Just let him defend himself.

Is Jackie Chan's game in yet?

whens urien

>I miss USF4

... do you really?

ugh I guarantee you that's why it's taken so long. They wanted to add some fancy feature that no one asked for and isn't needed at all

They should fucking work on porting GGPO netcode to a NAOMI emulator for fucks sake

The opening picture looks like the meme with the guy that goes "look mittens, a faggot"

sf3 was the best fighting game of it's time.

same with sf4.

same with sfv.

See me in melty

Yeah.
I was just learning to play the Fuerte matchup too.

I'm in uni

I will be home in like 4 hours

The thing is that Ken player had the option to focus dash/backdash there.
SF4 had dumb mixups in it but at least you had options to deal with them.

Classic brick dodge

focus was a mistake.

What are you studying? The fine art of dodging? I'd suggest just taking your exam now tbH you're ready

if you can dodge like brick, you can dodge a ball.

The fuck is elo?

our guy

Mai seems real neat. I'd like her more if she had fullscreen confirms, but still seems fun.

Should I not be getting hype for BB?

Chess ranking points.

Lots of other games use an elo-style system like league.

Think of it as mmr/ rankpoints.