So I'm looking into an Acura TL Type-S for sale near my house...

So I'm looking into an Acura TL Type-S for sale near my house. I really like how the original TL looks and the performance would be nice

Is there anything I need to know about these cars before I buy them?

fwd
If you can get past that they're great sedans

Is the owner a young guy? Is it manual? Salvage title?

The automatic transmissions are shit, also heavy FWD

Still overall good cars

>Type S
>automatic

Shit as in unreliable or shit as in not fun? Not OP but I don't have a choice of transmission if I want my parents help in buying a car.

I picked up a 2008 Type S a couple of months ago. They are definitely affordable and I got mine for a bit over 7k.

Mine is auto since it is what was available

From my experience so far, the transmission isn't too fast changing, but that is by todays standards. It falls in line with transmissions in common cars in mid 2000, which is when this one was launched.

Ive found the car really likes some spirited cruising. It handles well and manages its weight, but its not made to be a canyon carver.

It's entry luxury with a bit of sport, a tarted up family sedan. If you dont expect anything beyond that, it will be great and I like mine. It can get up and move pretty good though.

I literally just want a fun DD, I expect I'll save up another couple grand down the line for a project 3-series or something but that's what I was expecting. I'm guessing that you bought yours at high mileage private party? I'm afraid of buying a car some normie beat on. I'll also be looking through dealers auctions so I'm hoping for private Pat prices

Yes, I did buy privately. Well looked after with 140k miles. Had new tires, brakes, and various filters with all work history. Definitely is a good DD and road trip cruiser.

Not for the gas concious, though. It doesn't get bad MPG, but it requires 91 octane. So just go into it aware of that. It's pretty obvious, but I wanted to state it with Veeky Forumss tendency to poorfag

>auto Type S
Lel you don't even get an LSD

If I really wanted to hoon, I would just take out my 2011 5.0 Mustang. This is just a comfy DD with some passing power is all.

04-06 autos will explode. Changed to the 3.5RL auto +07 which I guess could handle the torque. The factory Bluetooth will drain your battery and the dash cracks like a dry salt lake

was there even a type s in 04-06?

Mine has been garaged all it's life, so the dash is perfect. Panel fit is good, for the time is was made.

The perf leather seat inserts did crack as the leather shrank though.

It was called the dynamic package, basically any 04-06 manual TL
Only thing is it has a weaker engine than the proper Type S, everything else is the same though

no it wasn't you fucking damage controlling retard
there was no tl-s for those years stfu up go eat u dads cock dummy wrong hahah fail epic stupid u are
the auto tl of those years did had crappy transmission tho

We're you dropped on your head as a kid?

Hes right, you're wrong.
There was no Type-S in 04-06.

>dynamic package
It's like you tards can't read

Dynamic package isn't a type-s, sorry.

Are you 16?

Are your feelings hurt from being proved wrong and ridiculed?
Do you need a hug?

He said there was no S for those years, read more.

Only after I corrected him.

DD your Mustang faggot.

why bother

not gunna let all those dumb niggers dent it up

It's just a Mustang, not a priceless classic.

>not having a DD that you care less about

I still like to keep my nice things nice, no need to go full negro bro and trash it

Doesnt-have-more-than-one-car general

geg

>it was called the dynamic package

>still isn't a type-s

>caring this much about a fucking badge on a glorified Accord

Fucking Honda kiddies I swear to God

I love my 05 tl 6 speed. Having driven a few 3rd gen auto TL i can say with certainty that the MT is way quicker. Plus, you get brembo brakes and torsen front diff with the MT. I'd hold out for a manual, its worth it.

They're great cars, but they are FWD and kinda heavy. I know the auto trannies are ass and jerky as hell. They do hold their value quite well though and finding one with low miles is gonna cost around 12-15k. Find a nice well kept one or look for a genuine A-spec but those are really rare. My perfect TL-S would be Kinetic Blue 6-speed but that's never gonna happen as they're so rare.
Also I can confirm some of the stuff mentioned above as we have an 05 TL
>Bluetooth goes out/ drains battery
>Cracked dash in almost any TL I see, same pattern of cracks too
>Condition the seats or they'll crack
>Jerkiest and most retarded auto trans
>Theyre pretty fast 328i-si territory, that's for autos manuals are quicker
>Still looks good to this day despite age
>Dont forget the 105k maintenance
To sum up get a 6-speed and nice example with decent mileage and you'll have a solid DD.