Just bought a 1990 c4 corvette, I owe $700...

Just bought a 1990 c4 corvette, I owe $700, paying a guy $200 to teach me how to fix the leaking intake gasket I don't know jack shit when it comes to mechanics, nor do I have the tools to fix it if it breaks down, still needs horn, door ajar, plates, inspection. How fucked am I Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

seattle.craigslist.org/est/cto/5709118250.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Couldn't picture someone with worse financial management skills.

Enjoy your cardboard box.

Hard. Buy a fucking MR2 next time like you know what you're fucking doing.

You paid $700 for it? That's a good deal if it runs at all. The intake shouldn't have a gasket though do you mean the plenum? Also how heinous are the inspections in your state. In Ohio we have none and I love buying cars from dudes like you in WVa and Pa who get cars running good but can't get them to pass inspection.

97k miles for $5900
Yea the plenum. Not sure if it's a head gasket but the oil looks perfect and when we took out the plenum it was soggy and had little to no sealant on it

Holy shit no! No no no no no you should have bought a nice catfish with that money instead.

you seriously seriously fucked up to be paying anything more than 4000 for a c4, much less one with that many problems, but youre already this far in so fuck it enjoy your vette bro.

This honestly makes me fucking depressed. I feel like I lost all the money I worked for, for 1 year and it's just all gone. Should I sell it? Some say they daily drive c4's

You are literally the stupidest nigger on the planet. Might as well have burned your money.

you did lose all of the money you worked for
you should have paid like 3500 at absolute most for that condition
but now you have a corvette and selling it really isnt the best fun/$ ratio thing to do, might as well fix it

Nothing wrong with dd it, the problem is you bought a 2 grand shitbucket for over 6.

Your fucked either way. Next time have someone with a brain help you.

$700 isn't bad for a clean looking C4.

It took a bit of work to get my Dad's C4 to pass out of province inspection and even then we cheated and pulled the fuse for the warning lights. We fixed those after we put plates on it.

See

Guys just an FYI, the car is worth at least 5k, not 2k

how could it be worth 5k in shit condition when the most pristine c4s i can find go for 5k?

6 speed manual, most c4s are automatic, clean interior, only problem right now is the intake gasket. Say this car gets all fixed, how reliable are these things and how much should I expect to pay on maintenance yearly?

You really don't need to pay 200 to have an intake fixed. It's ez go on YouTube.
Put tape over the door sensor so it thinks its always closed

Good luck getting a $700 corvette inspected

Are you fucking retarded?
OP never said it was $700. He just owes someone $700

six speed lt1 are very reliable, unless its a l98 which i know nothing about. do the maintenance yourself unless it's electronics, changing a headgasket is cake but make sure to label everything you take out, take pictures.

>still needs horn, door ajar, plates, inspection. How fucked am I Veeky Forums?
pretty fucked, but they can be cool
It seems like a worthwhile project car

Why does Veeky Forums hate these c4's?

Surely with some tuning and wrenching it would go alrite?

nobody here hates c4s
Veeky Forums doesnt like it when people overpay for their project car

>spergs out over my not reading the OP carefully
Yeah I'm the retarded one here guy

Yeah i hate that too i guess OP will learn.

i overpaid for my first 3 cars because i live in bumfuck nowhere

Is it at least a stick shift?

It's an l98 manual. LT1's are less reliable due to optispark

Can't believe how autistic Veeky Forums is today. $5900 is a fair price for an l98 manual vette.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

is this nigga serious?

agreed
if you actually did some research, you would know that a nice clean c4 would go for around that price range.

Most anons here don't work let alone own vehicles
$5900 might as well be a million to them.

denial
anger
bargaining
depression
we are one stage away from the full grief cycle

this will either mold you into a man or show your still a boy

confront this problem head on

thats not clean, its already broken

>a nice clean c4
its a good thing his c4 is the exact opposite of clean

The thing is, I had the intake gasket leaking and I went to get help from a coworker to teach me how to fix it. We're putting the engine back together fully Wednesday, however I'm concerned this will just be a money pit

>i'm concerned this will just be a money pit
> I don't know jack shit when it comes to mechanics, nor do I have the tools to fix it if it breaks down
dude you already KNOW this is a moneypit and youve already overpayed about 3000, just to get in the door.

For fuck sake, an intake gasket takes $20 and a couple hours to fix. If that's not considered clean to you, then go back to your toyota

lol are you trolling right now? please find me a similar corvette that is MANUAL for the same price. good luck bud

Sure these things are reliable like any other old Chevy. But if you drive it like you're an F1 racer, then yes, it will break down. Just take care of it

except you mentioned like 4 other things that are also not working and will cost money to fix, because you said it yourself, you dont know jack shit, on top of that, it seems you have no mechanical knowledge, so how do you know something else isnt going to shit itself, because its obvious most of the car already has.
these justifications will NOT help you sleep at night with a 6000 dollar moneypit that you still owe money on. also, paying 200 dollars to someone to SHOW you how to fix it? are you fucking dumb? youre paying for yourself to fix it?
fuck it man you baited me wonderful thread, nobody could be this dumb.

seattle.craigslist.org/est/cto/5709118250.html

Quite trying to justify your shitty purchase.

except OP's car has 79k miles less. nice try though

kek

Wow cheaper and more reliable. Good job

>car is obviously meant to be driven hard
>" these things are reliable like any other old Chevy. But if you drive it like you're an F1 racer, then yes, it will break down"

shhh let him live in the fairytale land where c4s arent dirt cheap and you dont need to know anything about cars to DD a 25 year old car.

>buy run down old vette
>get it running decent
>time to open her up
>radiator hose bursts
>water pump leaks
>ac stops working
>u joints dry out and click

Just goes to show how shitty Veeky Forums is. See's a single picture of a corvette, has minor issues with it, calls OP an idiot. Damn, all of the cars issues are a simple fix. Just put some time in it