Why was there no war fought over Australia like all the other continents?

Why was there no war fought over Australia like all the other continents?

>90% inhabitable desert
>native fauna is man-sized spiders and hostile emu aboriginals etc
Gee, I wonder

>implying japan didn't attempt to invade australia

What is there to fight about

The Seven Years War ensured it would be the Brits and not the French and Dutch who got Australia.
Of course the struggle of the brave natives in resisting British perfidy is the true forgotten war.

Remember the Emus!

Because everyone else took one look at the weird animals and abundant, horrifying spiders and melted-face natives and >noped the fuck out of there.

Also who wants to declare war to seize a penal colony with no apparent resources that it takes almost a year to get to (if you survive)?

>one of the most resource-rich countries in the entire world
>implying china's rise hasn't been mainly fueled by australian resources

They're a good reason not to fight. Emus are like ten times worse than indigenous savages.

They're like savages that can run faster over unimproved ground than a jeep, cannot be killed with human germs, and can never be subjugated into slavery or civilized.

the british were seriously concerned about invasion for a very long time. the french and dutch were eyeing off various places and established some footholds here and there, e.g. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Perouse,_New_South_Wales

they couldn't hack it in the long term though, no major support from their govts as there was from britain to establish a colony.

lmao i love this myth, keeps all the shitcunts out

What war? It was a massacre...on the Aussie side.

They didn't realize it had one of the biggest gold sources in the world and though it was worthless.

No one knew about the opals and gold until later, Bruce.

>no apparent resources

>world's biggest coal exporter

>Coal
>relevant in penal colonies in the 18th century

Did you bunk off school or do you simply have poor reading comprehension?

Good thing they lost considering how shit their former colonies are.

Indonesia is a powerhouse and Quebec is the cultural heart of Canada. It's not too late to learn Indonesian my friend.

>I want Australia, you scallywag!
>No I want Australia, you scoundrel!
>Well-Oh FUCK, what is that
>Jesus christ is that a spider
>Oh christ what's biting my arm
>Why are there so many snakes
>Fuck off abos stop trying to steal my shit
>God it's so fucking hot here
>What the fuck is that thing hopping over to Johnston?
>Oh christ, it's beating him to death
>It has a baby leaning out of its pouch treating his jollies like a punching bag
>Fuck this infernal place, scoundrel, you fucking have it
>No way lad, you fucking have it
>Hey, at least those large birds look friendly

>NoT MuH DaNgLy-DooS

read up on haarp and the amount of usa soverign land owned and operating within australian borders. one of those fake nations. most insignificant populous on the face of the planet

Unlike Zimbabwe and Sudaan then?

That was a meme

Brits fought local abos during the colonisation period. It was only ever colonised by one power, and with the isolation by massive oceans from any other major power, it means no war ever reached here. Worst that ever happened was Japanese bombing raids.

Because nobody else wanted it