Who /expo/ here?

Who /expo/ here?

Eventually... A bit of modding and I should be ready to go out next summer. It's rare to find people into here where I am, everyone just wants to go muddin'.

i aint left the house all week

why pal

It's not terribly common to find a ton of people into it in any one spot. It's a relatively rare hobby and it often keeps participants moving.

At least you started with a good platform. I'd think about replacing that stock front bumper with a winch bumper though. Those front bumpers are designed to absorb impact, not hold their form. They often fold the frame horns when they go.

>They often fold the frame horns when they go.
Yes, that is how crumple zones work.

It's not a crumple zone, just a lot of leverage.

Just bought a 2004 4runner. Limited with v8/air suspension.

Going to keep her as stock possible. Roof top tent and a fridge maybe. I just want to do mods that can be transfered to a new vehicle when it comes time to sell.

I want to go all out with stage 7 icon suspension and lol arb shit but fuck this shit gets expensive.

Want more money for gas.

>stage 7 icon suspension and lol arb shit
It's expensive because you're looking at mods and then looking at the most expensive route you could possibly go with that mod.

Get an ARB bumper, throw a cheap HF winch on it, and get some cheap lockers, a cheap lift, and some decent tires. No need to spend $50k in mods for a decent rig.

Don't be afraid to hit up CL. Stuff like lights can often be found lightly used for a fraction of original retail. I picked up two Hella 4000s for $35.

c-can i join g-guys?

Is a winch more important than a locker? I can do a fjc swap but overlanding =/ mudding rock crawling in my eyes.

I just hope i didnt fuck up by getting the air suspension limited 4runner.

It is indeed a crumple zone.

>air suspension.
It's hydraulic.

It has kdss and air bags in the back.

It doesn't crumple in a direct impact. It folds to the side when you smack something with one side of the bumper pushing that side in, or if you catch something with the bottom of the bumper and roll the bumper under the front of the truck.

Agreed! Within the next 5 years the plan is to drive the Pan-American highway.

New beefier winch bumper is in the works, but for now I'm working to improve the motor's reliability. There's a lot of electronic diesel control components that go bad, so I'm in the process of removing them at this point.

kinda rigged up but it does the job, free 3/4 ton 4x4 and $500 45 year old camper cant go wrong. have taken many trips in the thing

have a 81 Hilux i wanted to get rigged up but the things being so miserable i could swear it doesnt want to see the road again

7/10 would cruise down to baja with.

Nice taco. Mad jelly br/o/

>tfw no flippac
My V10 1500 would make a bitchin overlander

6.5l detroit diesel?

If so

>muh nigga

Isnt that v10 a thirsty bitch? Range is important when overlanding. Although, if you can squeeze out 10-13 mpg with expedition weight on a gasser, you are doing well.

One day soon, I hope. Need to get my daily paid off and then I can focus on building my rig. Got a 1990 Ramcharger I plan on 12v swapping. I've been eyeing donors for a while and I think I'm going to tear a 250 apart and slap the front 60 and rear 70 on for good measure. Once that's done, all I'll need is better brakes and beefier leaves for the suspension.

>555
>2222

>tfw no offroadan miats

It's a sign from the expo gods. Ramcharger is the ultimate offloading machine.