Alright guys, let me get this one straight

Alright guys, let me get this one straight.

>the Camaro 2SS is 45k and the BMW is 81k
>the BMW would need to be spec'd up to 95k, or the Camaro would need to be spec'd down to 40k, in order for them to have the same amount of features
>the M4 is slower in a drag race and lost 68/75 attempts
>the M4 was slower in the figure-8 meaning it can't turn as well
>the M4 has a longer braking distance
>the M4 sounds terrible and uses artificial noise to hide the exhaust note
>the M4 has annoying and intrusive driving modes
>the M4 has a numb feeling and non-communicative steering wheel and non-linear gas pedal
>the M4 has a worst gear shifter that feels rubbery
>the M4 doesn't have appreciably better interior quality

Okay, but at least it's faster on the track right?

>it went 1.22.94 to the Camaros 1.23.15
>so you're paying an extra 40,000 to go 1.0025 times faster
>but the Camaro was weighed down by a larger list of features than the modestly spec'd M4
>and they forgot to fill up the gas tank on the BMW, giving it a 50lbs weight advantage due to being half empty
>and Pobst said that the Camaro was easier to drive fast and get consistent times in, meaning that the vast majority of drivers would set better times in the Camaro
>and the 1LE package would make the Camaro quite a bit faster while being 35k cheaper
>and the ZL1 package would make the Camaro WAY faster while STILL being a lot cheaper

Now I understand there are a lot of BMW fans who are on suicide watch, who may have just attempted suicide. I'm sure most of you are fine, since your BMW isn't fast enough to hit a wall at high enough speeds to kill you. For those of your now typing from your hospital bed, I ask of you, what makes the M4 a better car?

Other urls found in this thread:

crankandpiston.com/editors-picks/chevrolet-camaro-zl1-vs-bmw-435i-m-sport-70k-decider/2/
roadandtrack.com/new-cars/car-comparison-tests/features/a25248/the-comparison-2003-bmw-m5-versus-2015-chevrolet-ss/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>8 cylinders literally cannot compete

Wut

BMW BTFO

All the stats and figures in the world isnt going to give chevy the same prestige as a BMW and to a lot of people that alone makes the M4 a better car.

This is pretty much it. At this point you're basically paying $40k to try and show people that you have a bigger dick.

Which is fine, I guess - if you earned the money then you should be able to spend it the way you want. But for anyone who is looking to get a true BMW experience that hearkens back to the "Ultimate Driving Machine" days, the M2 is the only answer.

Actually I take that back, all of the 2 series cars are exceptional throwbacks to the "Ultimate Driving Machine" era, even the 230i.

In North America that would be true.
Take that Chevy anywhere else in the world and people will gawk over it more than the BMW due to the fact that they see a BMW everyday where as a Chevy is exotic.

You're right but you're a total faggot for taking the 15 minutes to type all that out

Different market. The Camaro evokes visions of stoplight racing and wild times of cashed-up youth. The M4 is luxurious and comfortable and more flamboyant than the generic American muscle car. Very much a case of "look at my badges, this cost more than you earn with ten thousand flipped burgers.'

Chevy buyers won't BMW, and BMW buyers won't Chevy; neither bothers with laptimes. Only nocars and busriders benchrace.

We want these ugly things in Australia. C'mon cunts, we gave you Commodores.

But what happens after the camaro overheats?

That ASSAULT VEHICLE is a weapon used for HOONING and should be made illegal!

1. The BMW M4 is faster on track
2. The BMW M4 with a DCT and/or the Competition Package would be even much more faster.
3. BMW turbo engines have very great tuning potential, you can get up to 100hp more with a stage 1 ECU remap. (this was even admitted in the MotorTrends review)
4. The BMW has more pedigree, heritage and looks better.
Sure the BMW is overpriced, imports always have been overpriced. But you still get what you pay for

Who honestly assigns prestige to cars these days

The last generation to do so is literally dying out, leaving us with kids who say "ooooh, toyota camry, very naisu"

>he thinks young people of the current year don't value status

Why do you think base model inline-4 BMW's are so popular among people who can barely afford them?

But which one has the best reliability?

Oh and the BMW costs 67k not 81k you dumb shit

In a better time, young people in general would value PRESTIGE (not status. you can be poor and still lease some nice shit.)

In the current year it's just the elliot rogers and stacy bitchtits of the world. Sad if you actually like prestigious shit, because then all the normal people treat you like you're the next elliot rogers for driving a BMW without living a life to match.

>Faster on the track
>DCT is faster
How about a BMW m4 vs Camaro ZL1?
It'll still be cheaper and way faster than the BMW M4.

>Heritage and pedigree
Who the fuck cares about that?

>assmad GM fangirl cherrypicks opposition after being bullied by GT-Rs and GTs
Stay BTFO fangirls.
>even cherrypicked example I still faster
OMG YOU CAN'T MAKE THIS UP
>b-b-but the GM is cheap!
I'm dying xD

>cherrypicking trims
Stack that ZL1 against an M3 GTS fammo.
>b-but mah Corvette is-s faster th-than a 318i!!!
Good job.

>How to miss a point in one single step.

So, you are saying that a 140k dollars car is barellt faster than a 60k one?

Well, let's try with a 79k dollars one then?

I honestly feel bad about BMW owners, they are seriously deluded.

>7:22 seconds
That's it?

Nigga we are comparing BMW to Chevy, I don't want to make him cry about his one gorillions dollars car losing to a GTR that badly.

>ZL1
the 435i was better than the ZL1, let alone the M4
crankandpiston.com/editors-picks/chevrolet-camaro-zl1-vs-bmw-435i-m-sport-70k-decider/2/

Does the Corvette even compete with the M4?
That would be like comparing the 'Vette with a Mustang or Camaro.
The Corvette is Americas "supercar", the M4 is just a luxury sports coupe
The M4 can also be daily drivable as the interior and equipment is miles ahead of a Chevy

Veeky Forums defends shitty overpriced bmw no matter what
>muh carz fastr then yers harhar

You're literally bragging that the Chevy is "cheap".
The fan girls have become so sick of being beaten up by turbo V6s they're trying to resort to competing out of class. Talk about an inferiority complex.
I didn't miss your point, I was saying your point is redundant.
>b-but m-mah GM is ch-cheap

I don't understand why people like BMWs. They literally all look the exact same.

And the M4 GTS is faster than several other 180k, 250k, 400k $ supercars, what is your point?
Domestic cars have literally always been cheap compared to imports because of the relatively low price of development, shipping and government assistance.

I don't understand why people like Chevrolets. They're literally all Daewoos.

>2015 Chevy btfo by 2003 BMW
roadandtrack.com/new-cars/car-comparison-tests/features/a25248/the-comparison-2003-bmw-m5-versus-2015-chevrolet-ss/

The M4 is a luxury sports car
The Camaro is a sports car

How will they ever recover?

>The M4 is a faster sports car
>The Camaro is a cheap sports car

>less features than an Hyundai Elantra at 81k
>luxury

Delusional

>less luxuries
>this is what GM fanboys actually believe

lel the M4 has as much luxuries as a fully loaded Cadillac CT6, if not more

>GM fangirls resort to making up stories to justify their choice in automobilia
Fuck me, you guys deserve all the Alphonse shitposting that comes your way. Fucking queer cunts.

>the GM faggot fanboys wanted to sweep this thread under the carpet and forget it existed

>being this invested in cars you'll never afford
kek

Or you could get an m4 and get that tune that doesn't even void the factory warranty

I'm getting a 1LE for myself this Christmas nigga

Fuck you bitch

>The M4 can also be daily drivable as the interior and equipment is miles ahead of a Chevy

>doesn't even come with leather or a backup camera
>costs twice as much
"""""Miles ahead"""""

it comes with leather as standard.
again GM fangirls lying to prove their point on an anomalous image board, sad

>it comes with leather as standard.
Leather is a $3500 option.

Blown the fuck out

>standard: cloth/leather combination carbonstructure anthrazite/black
lying on the internets is not cool

Why the fuck do BMW pics from google come with the title cosyvehicleimage?

Not very cosy looking in there, looks like the inside pocket of some black jeans.

>pick on the lack of trivial points that appeal to the lipstick buying population
>ignores the fact it's faster
GM fangirls in the very literal sense.

>Be Chevrolet
>get blown the fuck out by the inside pocket of some black jeans
Is hate to be a Chevrolet fanatic right now.

I dunno, I think it looks alright in that hotwheels sort of way.

>>standard: cloth
You said it yourself.

T-that actually looks kind of cozy

Ew.

I actually really like this interior (the 5th gen one being total dogshit) which makes it all the worse that the lack of windows ruins the car for me.

You'd need something to distract the eye from the M4 tail lights disappearing over the next crest.

Lolcantsee aside, this is fucking cool.

>adjust air conditioning speed by turning the outside of the vents

This is my favorite feature

I think all the money you would have leftover from not buying an m4 would help.

I'd say America's supercar was the Viper. Buddy of mine has had his 2004 Viper since he was 16. It's quick and handles well but then again he's not the kind of guy to bench race and brag, he just like the cars he chooses.

>A fucking chevadore
Even if I was in the states I would still import an hsv badge

"He might be in a superior vehicle, but at least I bought a cheap car!"

I like cheap power. Plus V8 sounds sexy. I'd say it's about power per dollar, which the camaro beats the shit outta the M4 in.

>power per dollar
>"I'd say it's about this arbitrary measure in which I can tip back toward the balance of the inferior car"
rofl

Inferior by your own subjective standard.

>accusing others of subjective standards
>making up trivial measures
Calling the kettle black I see?

I love BMW's, my f a m always drove german engineering.
I live in Eu so BMW was always affordable compared to importing us muscle.

But if I lived in US, it would be a no brainer...

Cant understand how BMW can get away with it.

Dat said, I still love BMW, here in EU older models are wiser choice for auto enthusiasts not afraid of DIY.
VAG is pretty much all we have, importing JDM or muscle is expensive and parts are rare.