Guild Wars 2 General - /gw2g/

Don't let it die edition

old thread >I've been away from the game a while and what's new?
forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/info/updates
wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Release
>F2P information
help.guildwars2.com/entries/95982157-Account-types-Free-Core-HoT
>GW2 Wiki (type /wiki [article name] in-game to open browser):
wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Main_Page
>Redposting
forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/info/devtracker
>I Need a Build But I Won't Say for What Mode
metabattle.com/wiki/MetaBattle_Wiki
en.gw2skills.net/editor/
>Content
gw2dungeons.net/
dulfy.net/category/gw2/
>The Mistwar
wvwintel.com/
>World Boss Train
wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Event_timers
gw2.ninja/timer
>Fashion Endgame
argos-soft.net/GW2/ArmorGallery/
gw2armorgallery.com/
>Simple Traveling Merchant Data
gw2bltc.com/
gw2shinies.com/
gw2spidy.com/
gw2efficiency.com/
>Crafting
gw2crafts.net/
>Roleplay Resources
Guildwars2roleplayers.com/
gw2.aculeo.org/
>Misc Fun Shit
tooltips.thatshaman.com/
tyria3d.com/
gw2dps.com/
>Writebin
pastebin.com/kRR6ZV7W (embed)

Guild Wars 2 Veeky Forums Guilds:

NA [HOPE]: Tarnished Coast, whisper Oothier, Vitto Mortemsen, Bonkk, Mexay Renatus, Peachy Panic, Rijakk, or Riathen
EU [FUN]: Seafarer's Rest, whisper Aktium, Amarin Luxtail, Mo Zing Miko, Kandra Wildfire, Strider Of Spring, or Dex Mindwrack

-Servers only matter for WvW and instancing.
-If no one is online, send a mail.
-If you are F2P, leave your name and region on the thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vt8JTy3-BWc
wowtoken.info/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

first for rats

Everyone too busy playing the game.

>I'm a new/returning player, how do I join the Veeky Forums guild?

NA [DORF]: Tarnished Coast, whisper Edarkness, Reignofpain, Unwarrior Chicken
NA [HOPE]: Tarnished Coast, whisper Master Ruseman, Awena, Valsi, Meyer The Shark, Surbrus Mindfang, Apothecary Beatus, Ancora Softpaw, Oren Nil
NA [SS]: Fort Aspenwood, whisper Jakey Gyllenhaal, Ayo Girl Cmere, or Double A E D
EU [FUN]: Seafarer's Rest, whisper Farfelu, Aktium, Nalynea, Mo Zing Miko, Togo Hornblower or Kealdrix
NA+EU [USA]: Fort Aspenwood+Seaferer's Rest, whisper Squatfu, Buzz Spankleaf, Togo Hornblower, Vuncia, Kerolastic
EU [Here]: Tarnished Coast, whisper Surbrus Mindfang, Ancora Softpaw, Vae The Spectre, Roxtar

-Guilds are cross-server, and the only real reason to choose the server above is if you want to be on the same WvWvW team.
-You can also send a mail asking to be in the guild, if nobody is online

Or, leave your name and server here so someone can check this post and invite you

There's only 2 active guilds, HOPE and FUN in the OP. Please don't troll new players with that bloated list, that info is almost completely false or misleading.

That's possible, this thread's activity doesn't always add up when we get new content, like yesterday.

I almost stepped in a little pooh

>the thread died without you
ded

heh.........

>last thread died at 42 posts

lol what the fuck??

Do you're fucking job rexxie, rikki, midna

you're like the only faggots that post enough anyways

the entire site seems more active than usual today.

shut the fuck up. you still owe drosera a damask

That could also be it, gw2g's pace tends to be steady.

post rallybots

>kittdai leaves
>thread dies
rly makes u think

>G-gw2 isnt dead guys!!!!!!!!
>t-the patch saved the game!!!!!
>please dont leave me alone ;_;
kek, no human being can be more delusional than an Anetdrone

Quick user, take my hand! I can save you from this terrible place!

*shoots you with a gun*
YIFF IN HELL FURFAGS

I wanna cuddle you

>the game is dead
>people post and complain

>thread dies because people are busy playing the game rather than post
>people post and complain

This is one of the many prime examples to show to people why you "just dont listen to the thread"

No matter how many people you please, more will be upset so just dont give a toot.

Just have fun!*

*with as little being a dick as you can!

swagg is so cute

can someone give me info about the lil story he has going on with his femsuras

Well said. It's just a game, after all. An experience to enjoy, relax, have fun. Simple as that. Like tea and biscuits.

client says it's playable even though there still a lot to download
when I hit play nothing happens though
is this normal? should I just not trust the client and wait until everything is finished?

wait till its finished i think

oh hey you replied to me

i was talking about gw2g newfriend, if you actually judge game solely based off Veeky Forums then just lol

lol @ you

nice try, cat.

The first post you replied to is a meme thats been around for a while, and the other 2 might be true, threads do get bumped down faster when there's shit like OW, so you are probably a newfag like says.

qt patootie

omfg ahahaha, karka came thru the portal but a consortium guard killed 'em, i love this

So, is game ded?
First time I see this, actually first time in Veeky Forums too.

I've been playing since launch with some occasional breaks, but really, this game disheartens me.
Looked so promising, has(had?) so much potential, nice graphics (engine), best mechanics in all MMOs, just to be plagued by a mediocre, no, subpar design team.

Fights are spammy messes no one really understands what's going on, it's sorta fun, but not to be on a competitive level and gets stale fast.
Unbalanced stuff is pretty much a given, but not a single dev care, they even had to limit their PvP to point holding since it was the cheapest way they found not to mess with unbalance further, which is sad.

Although they did improve a tiny bit, it's still a mess overall and last months were just a bunch of nothing and the gem shop is becoming a joke, always outfits and some other stuff almost no one cares about.

I wish they'd get some actual decent devs to try and fix it since I've already wasted over 3k hours on it.

Ah, GW2... I love you, but I hate you.

Stop dying damnit!

That's not a good excuse you dumb bitch.

Go look at wowg. They actually have content and are playing the game yet they have multiple threads a day reaching post limit.

don't be rude.

>is the game ded
well it got a patch on tuesday, i guess ded depends on what you like to do

It's quiet here...

It's quiet here...

So I've been leveling up a little bit and I started to unlock hero points. I'm very new to this game but the environments are pretty and the exploration is fun.
I've tried looking for guilds in-game but all the UI elements are looked... Does anybody want to invite a cute boy who likes to wear skirts to a group or a guild? My IGN is Ava Regalia, account is snootboops.5498
I'm f2p so I think someone has to add me or I can't talk to them...

EU or NA? I think HOPE officers are online right now so they could add you if you are NA.

it got a patch and within a couple days the general falls off page 10
there's sure a ton of discussion going on

I'll whisper you in a sec.

NA, sorry I should have mentioned that.

>patch so bad and so little content that general activity went DOWN.

well what do you wanna talk about
post yfw lazarus betrays u

FFXIV is in a drought from waiting for a patch and yet they still go through several threads daily

GW2 is legitimately dead

Is HOPE filled with faggots like this or is it actually worth joining?

FFXIV has more shitposters though.

The only HOPE people who shitpost here are Snowsnufflerat and Vaeburz I think.

>asking swagg for erp
lmao kys futa degenerate

There is nothing wrong with futa.

futa is retarded you stupid degenerate fagggot.

>tfw no HOPE husband to fuck you nightly after a dinner you made while he was at work

bump

D-does this sort of thing happen in HOPE? I just joined and it sounds nice...

The reason behind the slow GW2 threads is solely that nearly every single post here is absolute shit. I actually think that /gw2g/ might be one of the lowest quality places on Veeky Forums.

fuck no, the only thing that happens is retarded banter and scorn.

I believe the guild hates each other but only stay together because they hate everyone else or the prospect of being alone more.

You can thanks posters like the furry faggots, dros the 'erp god', jugg, reignofpain,

g
k
d

>Is HOPE filled with faggots like this
Is everyone in the Veeky Forums community the same

There's a variety of personalities, don't be such a pissbaby.

here is a skunk(?) girl character I drew a while back, you can see the date in the filename

Wouldn't it be cool if you could play as cute squirrels and stuff in gw2?

Rude :(

There are HOPE couples, but I think all the married ones met from outside the game.

cute!

imagine all the trouble Taimi could get into with the transformation properties of mordremoth blighting fluid.

Alright. I'm trusting you here.

the game and the guilds (or the NA guild at least) are very alive, it's the general that's dead

ded thread
ded game

It's time to let go.

Sadly low quality threads occur when there just isn't much to talk about. Not excusing the shitposting at all, but y'know, just look at MMO generals that actually have content. There's a reason they're full of discussion and aren't ded like this one.
Thanks for saying what we're all thinking Rexxie.

fuck off fluusi

it's time for tequatl

>Wouldn't it be cool if you could play as cute squirrels and stuff in gw2?

wellp, there goes the respect i had for you right out the fucking window.

Shut up, squatnerd.

says the guy attracted to rattatas

like it's not even the best rat pokemon wtf

I swear half the threads in Veeky Forums only exist for the purpose of advertising the Veeky Forums guild and sharing screenshots. anything else is just shitposting.

maybe Veeky Forums needs some sort of directory system to streamline this.

Playing other games but visiting the general because i want to be here when it dies.

>I swear half the threads in Veeky Forums only exist for the purpose of advertising the Veeky Forums guild and sharing screenshots. anything else is just shitposting.

Honest question: does anyone really think Veeky Forums is anything but this? I've always considered this to basically be Veeky Forums's purpose. Game discussion on the side when there's stuff to talk about, and telling new people about the game when they ask about it.... otherwise what do people want to shitpost about? Sex.

that wasn't me, but wtf user, i'm not attracted to rattatas -.-

All MMO generals suck. They naturally attract the worst parts of the Veeky Forums userbase (weebs and ladyboys).

are two yo dumb fucking faggot stop lying i swear all fucking assuies are the same and its just amkes me so fuckingmmadAAAAAAAAAAAA

Hahaha no. Everybody left this shit game for Legion a month ago. Infact why are you fags still here? Legion blows Heart of Memes out of the fucking water.

The various old rts generals were really good. Full of discussion about VIDEO GAMES, no avatarfagging, no stutter posting.
/egg/ and /dfg/ are pretty good for game discussion as well.

i like wvw, my toons, exploring tyria, and havin fun in gw2. gw2 has no subscription so it doesn't cost me any money to play and i have lots of friends here. i miss certain aspects of wow but not enough to buy the game, buy the expansion, buy the subscription, then grind to 95 or w/e it is.

calm down user, sheesh

youtube.com/watch?v=vt8JTy3-BWc

Good to see someone putting in work to keep the general alive.

I'll squat on your face faggot
Well, before Veeky Forums we'd just recruit from threads on /v/ every now and then. I was leader for a guild on a much shittier MMO well before Veeky Forums existed and we mostly picked up new members whenever a thread for the game popped up (a few times a week when it was popular).
There was no consistency to it of course but you avoided that stale feeling most Veeky Forums generals get.

new player (i.e. don't mind deleting carachter), how do I change server for free?

>buy the subscription
wowtoken.info/

Delete all characters. Put anything you want to keep that is account bound or unbound in your bank. Click "World Selection" on character select screen. Choose a server from the list. Click the button that says "Transfer". This does not work if you are F2P.

pure shitposting

game related discussion

I can't click world selection tho. says I have to upgrade account.

So instead of answering their questions, you did this

That means you're F2P, so you're stuck where you are. Only way to upgrade your account is to buy HoT.

>people giving advice for a f2player wanting to join the gw2g guild
>shitposting

fuck it I just registered another e-mail
what's a good server? was afraid of lag but actually medium-populated felt way too empty

Server choice only really affects your WvW experience. PvE and PvP use megaservers so you can play with anyone from any of the servers.

alright, thanks, Tarnished Coast it is.

TC if NA, Seafarer's Rest if EU, both decent and have Veeky Forums bros

Tarnished coast is actually the best choice imo. Most of the NA guild (HOPE) is on Tarnished Coast.

>It costs 1800 gems to switch to Tarnished Coast
>1600 gems is $20
The whole scaling pricing thing for world transfers sucks so much.

>buying gems with money

>spending 1800 gold on gems.
No thanks

I had a great time getting to know some of you tonight, thanks for adding me to the guild! Remember to add my to your friends I'd you want to talk about anything at all, any filthy or lewd things~
snootboops.5498
I'm off for tonight!

Fucking kill yourself you disgusting degenerate.

This.

That's not very nice, you rudeboy. No boipussy for you. I might still suck your cock though.