>Noob? Read this:
>Webms with sound
>Previously on /dbt/

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/for-plug-dj/plaster-orgie
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Alphonse was here.

literally who?

I want to find out which specific bikes I like riding, but don't want to go to a dealer for a test drive on a bike I have no intention of buying from them, and feel it's a bit shady to test drive bikes on CL or something.

Other solutions, if any?

REASONABLE

i'll do you a favor and tell you right now to skip the hondas. they're shit, and if you take my advice you'll save a ton of time.

What about just sitting on them? I went to multiple dealers and asked to throw a leg over to get a feel for the bikes

what did they say to that?

Sometimes there is manufacturer or dealer demo events.

Nevada fucking sucks. This place is hell but with sand.

Staying at a random dude from advrider's tonight though, seems cool so far.

what bike DOES zx14r user ride though?

I wonder if some of those guys came to Veeky Forums after you mentioned it.

go sit on your dildo

Sitting on bikes is good for figuring riding position but that's about it. And since I have long legs, I usually don't care what I'm sitting on.

It's how the ride itself feels I want to be able to get a closer look at, yknow?

I don't see many in my area (I live in a coastal city surrounded by forests/mountains). I'll look around though, what kind of accountability goes into test rides?

His shitty zx14, to his wageslave job like the faggot he is

gs500

Dealers might charge you for test rides (at least here in Germany) but sometimes they do open door events where anyone can come and test ride; that's a good opportunity to test newer models. You can always just sit on the showroom models, if you ask first.
Test riding bikes from CL isn't shady, just use CommonSense2016: Brain Edition to determine if the seller is likely to mug you. Just don't tell them you have no intention of buying the bike; act interested, test ride it, THEN tell them it's not for you (or tell them you have other options and you'll call them the next day). When in doubt if a seller is shady, bring a burly friend or your dad along.

t. jealous nobike

So do I. Kind of doubt it though.

Not even. ;)

Gsxr shit though amiright?

/dbt/ post your riding music, I'm making a riding playlist.

You on spotify? I'm working on a riding playlist as well.

wind and engine noise

soundcloud.com/for-plug-dj/plaster-orgie

Deafening wind noise.

Also wind noise.

Occasionally the sound of a lawn mower.

i listens to a busy street soundtrack (honks, tires screeching, etc) to keep me on my toes.

no upset motorist or cyclist?

Post your bikes

depending on how cool the guys are, they'll even let you put both feet on the pegs while they hold the front wheel between their knees and hold onto the handlebars

new cummies when

>cruiser
Literally why

guys i miss my baiku
i left it in my parent's storage shed when i moved out a couple months ago.

it's not feasible to own it where i am now but i miss it guys

what do?

I go on spotify and put Shigeto on shuffle

Why is it not feasible?

send it flowers

i live in the city and rent a spot in a parking garage for my car.

winter's coming in 3 months too.

i also hardly drive since i can walk or take public transit everywhere i need to go, so even having a car is pointless.

also the logistics of moving a bike across 3 states sounds like an expensive pain.

desu i just miss the feeling of hitting the twisties on a cool summer day. maybe i'll visit home and ride for a week without insurance.

>he owns a honda

Put bike next to / behind car in parking spot. You don't drive a land barge, do you? Disk lock, chain, tarp over it.
> Winter
will be gone in 7 months.
> walk or take public transit
Me too and pub trans is even free for me, but riding is more fun so occasionally I take the bike to work and do some comfy city riding afterwards or go to some twisties outside the city.
Also bikes are much faster than cars in the city, and in my case also faster than public transit (which is also reasonably fast).
> logistics
It's a nice adv trip, do it. If you can, take some days off, bring a tent and avoid highways.

i drive a landbarge but there's definitely space for a bike. biggest thing is that i cancelled my insurance and riding my bike for more than two hours ruins my spine. maybe i'll visit home in the spring once i have more money and i'll ride it all the way over as a mini vacation.

>cancelled my insurance
Get new insurance.
>riding my bike for more than two hours ruins my spine
Get a more comfortable one or suck it up.
>ride it all the way over as a mini vacation.
DO IT!

oh shit i forgot there's also a motoguild nearby. maybe i'll pay them a visit and fix up some baikus to scratch my itch.

>yfw you get there and its just cruisers with a sauna out back

i fell for the cafe bike meme. my knees ride up into my chest as i top out at 70mph. gonna start planning a good route now tho, ty user.

Hi Pajeet.

>radial disc front
>drum rear

Damn. I though the honduh thing was just a meme.

But I bet you look cool as fuck sipping on coffee at the local coffee shop watching all the other lil hipster boi pussy running around

Oh god why. Ah well, if you like it then that's fine. Have fun and ride safe user.

Beats sitting on dead sheep and its cheaper then a corbin.

engaging the rear brake does nothing lel
but the hayabusa caliper and rotor does so it's aight

desu for a junkyard frankenbike it rides alright.

>it rides alright

No it doesn't

>engaging the rear brake does nothing lel
You heard it on dbt first guys

it's a junkyard cm400 with a junkyard gixxer front end and assorted ebay and junkyard parts. considering how cheaply it was built it's pretty fucking great

it does exactly what you'd expect from a drum brake from the 80's. which is almost nothing. it works tho i promise.

so when do you think you will die?

2bh I like the way it looks though I'd never own one except as a 4th bike or so (after reasonable commuter / sports tourer, track bike and enduro).
I don't get how people can have an uncomfortable bike as their only bike; that just sucks all the fun out of riding and makes you ride less.

>rear break does nothing
>it works though I promise

Americans everyone

Fucking cuckfe cuckboi faggots ruining my dbt

Gotta admit it looks nicer than a stock one, probably rides nicer too, why don't you put a proper set of rims on it with good rubber?

your tyres are shit.

Can vouch for the shittyness of 80s drum brakes. They do essentially nothing.

I'm gonna suppress the cringe for now, but if knees and spine are the problem you can make some sort of highway pegs and stuff a sweater over your nonexistant seat

>Automatic

May i ask why?

idk i don't own one, looks like it says hondamatic?

tires were cheap and had amazon prime 2 day
i'd have started with a good bike if i wanted good anything.

Americans are scared of clutches
And bike have MULTI PLATE clutches
That's like 4 times as spooky

That seat looks like a gaint brown dick

>That chain slack

Kek

shit bike isnt an excuse to have shit tyres uleh.
seriously why would you intentionally put crap tyres on a bike?
its like saying "i want to crash because i am cheap"

the tootsie roll seat is pretty comfy tbqh fampai
if it's stupid but it works it's not stupid

M8 a BIG CHUNK of your bike is missing under the seat. Just a heads-up.

I dont think they sell good tires in those shitty cruiser sizes

>commenting on the chain slack and not the lack of fenders

kek

Thats why you buy new rims for your shit bike.
the idea of buying a cheap bike is you have money left over to modify it

Its just poorly adjusted

I dont think you can fit a 180/70 17 on that piece of shit

Buy Aprilia mille/falco rims and put tkc80s on it
Also, they make performance tyres for scooter rims, i higly duobt it'd be any different for your mememachine

tires are kenda challengers
take that as you will, but i've never pushed the bike hard enough to where i've wished i've had others.

>bike talk maybe?

You can easily fit a 160/60-17 on it though which is debatably better.

Did you ever think your shit tyres and lack of confidence in their ability is why you ride slow?
id ride slow with those death traps too

Second this
When i had metlezers i kept skidding the rear and nearly locking the front
With diablo rossos i've never had a problem

i like that seat

>MFW this whole conversation has turned me off picking up my junkyard shitheap from my parents' shed.

ty guys for reminding me how shit my baiku is

Get the stickiest tyres you can fucking afford.
You're on a bike, the front tyre cost is all that's keeping you from living or dying.
This continues to boggle my mind that people can spend 5x the cost of a good set on a helmet or jacket but overlook rubber.

It's literally the only thing.

That's because Real Riders™ ride Real Bikes™, brother.

>he doesn't own a prilla

Stock is like 120/130 if you put something bigger its going to rub on the tire because of the drum brake linkage

Just sell it to some faggot hipster for too much money and get yourself a good bike m8.

Kkk pls put your trip on

Its a fucking prawn m8, not vader.

>post mtbro

I would probably be less shit if it was stock and not some try hard hipster cuck bike

My GSF250 (Naked 250 I4, 45hp @ 16krpm etc) came with some godawful Kendas (I didn't know how bad they were at the time, I came from a motox backround). I could spin on most wet roads from 1st to 6th. I then upgraded to pilot sport activ's. Could barely pop the clutch in 1st on a wet road without lifting the front. Front traction was equally mind-boggling.

How people skimp on the tyres is honestly just beyond me. Wanting to save money? Get a civic. Wanting to save time? Don't have shitty traction for a start if you're zipping around.

There is just no reason to buy tyres that resemble stopping distances of PVC.

>tfw i missed the chance to lock all the SEM guys in my basement forever

You wanted to rape them?