/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

PREVIOUS THREAD >Patch 1.09 Info
jp.playstation.com/op/bloodborne/news/2015/12/update109.html

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/
Official PvP Chalice: hizzngr3 (Pthumeru Root)
/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr (embed)

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv (embed)

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj (embed)

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX (embed)

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

>Bloodborne Damage Calculations and Formulas
pastebin.com/DKMEDps2

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/DKMEDps2
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/10/individual-blood-gems.html
youtube.com/watch?v=okSbhtjK2EU
youtube.com/watch?v=zibdXtzYRfw
youtube.com/watch?v=uRmulbXOoJ8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for best waifu

I think I just hate the idea of old women hitting harder than the werewolves in Central Yharnam. The plays says a lot about Miyazaki, though.

I actually like puzzle bosses and so I like WoH. I think it's cool that you can kill the second one before its health bar even shows up, or lower their HP in tandem and kill them both before they get to do their resurrection shenanigans.

I want to dislike the Woods for being so goddamn big and, for my first playthrough, so damn hard to find (I walked past the gate in the central square a dozen times until I had to ask /bbg/ where the fuck to go. By then I was so bootyblasted I couldn't even enjoy the area) but looking at the place with fresh eyes really makes me appreciate it.

I just wish they could have used resources from it for chalice dungeons, too.

PC version when

Dead Thread
Dead Game
Merge with /dsg/ or join the discord

>decide to do a pure arcane run
>do like the infographic says
>saw spear +7, fire gems from the brainsucker and pthurumu hotdog
>im lvl 35 and the AR is 258
>add to that everything early game is vulnerable to serrated and fire
>I just got invaded in the forest and killed the red in two hits

It's literally easy mode. How's the parasite? Is it a meme?

It's a sluggish weapon, but a lot of fun, if you ask me. The range is incredible on it, and it has high attack modifiers.

Pure ARC also lets you run a Rosmarinus which absolutely destroys people with Bone Marrow Ash.

What is this discord I keep hearing about?

A place for homosexuals to circlejerk with eachother

It was originally created as a place to talk about the FCs, but then people decided to stay there and circlejerk and not talk about Bloodborne. It's a lost place.

> Bloodborne Damage Calculations and Formulaspastebin.com/DKMEDps2

tfw my efforts to educate /bbg/ have been immortalised in the OP, and knowledge of Lumpy the Lever Guardian is also becoming widespread.

It's a good feel.

Anyone feel like helping me slap Mad-as-Fuck Wank Demon's shit? I only have one Fire Paper so I don't want to dick it up.

I hope you know that your information has helped me make my weapons the best they can be.

>tfw all these calculations are actually fun
Really amazing what happens when you finally understand the math behind these types of things.

>Mad-as-Fuck Wank Demon
Wait, who?

>Wait, who?
Really, user?

Cool. I've never read that before

It used to get posted like three times a thread back in the day.

>Really amazing what happens when you finally understand the math behind these types of things.
I agree.

Makes sense. I only just started hanging here a couple of weeks ago, around the time I finished Bloodborne in August.

So I know this isn't /dsg/ but I trust you guys and I don't trust them. I'm about to begin Dank Souls 3. Should I buy the Ashes of Ariandel DLC before I start or later if I feel like it? If it's like Old Hunters (ie late game content) I'll hold off but if it adds to the experience right away then I don't want to miss out.

F U C K these big headed patients in Research Hall

You return Dark Souls 3. Trust me.

The DLC doesn't come out for a month, so no one knows if it's good/bad early game/endgame.

Don't buy it until it comes out and by then you'll have an endgame character.

Ah, gotcha.

Well, at this point no one can say at what point in the game the DLC is geared towards, but, it's been theorized that it will be early-access, but late-game-leveled, like ToH.

The general feeling here is that DaS3 isn't very good (and that's being nice) and that you shouldn't spend any money on it at all.

I'm of the opinion that it's a passable game, however, I wouldn't buy the DLC just yet.

I'm waiting for the DLC to actually come out - definitely not buying it beforehand, mostly because I've lost interest in Dark Souls 3 almost completely.

Also, we don't know if it will be lategame content or not yet. Either way, I wouldn't buy it early. Just hold off a while.

How much END do you guys have on your PVP characters, and what clothes do you wear?

im asking to see if my Rapid Poison wheel will work in the upcoming fight club, I was Procing it every dash R1 against a guy in Frontier. I think he had base END and was wearing nearly the worst poison resist garb though.

Thats a shoop btw.

The tall thrashing ones are the aboslute fucking worst

Oh I guess I'm a retard. I didn't see "pre-order" on the fucking link. Anyway this will be my second Souls game after Bloodborne. I never played the original and I don't have a PS3. I get so many drastically varied opinions on this one. I'll just have to find out for myself.

Base END (12) and Choir Garb.

Might increase END to 15. I don't quite know yet.

People around here usually stick to 15 end at the most, as for clothes, all sorts of different outfits

Fair enough, user.

DaS3 left a bad taste in my mouth, and it's my second least favourite Soulsborne game, but you might enjoy it.

Also, DaS is definitely worth trying out if you have a PC. Don't expect BB combat from it, but it's still a great game, in my opinion.

Why are you playing a sequel first?

130 Rapid Poison resist, so I need 44 Rapid poison on my Wheel to Insta-poison you with a Dash R1. I think that's possible, but I need slightly better gems.

Just do this

Those spergs at /dsg/ apparently think I'm a troll from Reddit just because I asked about character creation pointers. Kek Jesus...

Where do those gems come from?

I've been farming Purple Aura scorpions, but I don't think they give that high.

Bump.

the radial is from Bone ash hunters, the Waning Loran silver beast, and I think i got the triangle from a brainsucker or the watchers.

Does there exist a list of all the decent gems found in FRC dungeons that isn't on the farming spreadsheet? There must be loads

Is it the one outside the chalice?

bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/10/individual-blood-gems.html has a good list of gems.

Yeah, Paarl.

I'll be by the fog, what's the pass?

Cool. pass's bbg

Cheers

What's the droprate on Bone Ash Hunters?

I liked Scorpions because I have a glyph with about 8 of them 10secs from the lamp and they only drop poison gems, so you can get good ratings, secondary's and curses easily.

Dayum. Thanks a bunch m8

Anybody want to help with Defiled Amygdala? PW is bbg3

Should I speedrun to FRC dungeons to get awesome gems or try to beat the DLC first? This is my second BB character ever and I just bought the DLC and getting my ass handed to me by Ludwig but I'll give that boss another try here in a sec.

I've only gotten up to Lower Pthumeru on chalices, and I feel as if I'd like to do the chalices blind at least for my first runthrough for some serious buttclenchers. I also really want to make an arcane weapon but the gems are in deeper chalices, whereas fire is more common.

Anyone know any progression arcane gems for me to upgrade to based on where I am chalice/story wise? I already picked up the 18% arcane droplet from Mensis but my other gems are like, pretty low tier.

The drop rate for bone ash hunters is really low for rapid posion, you'll get tempering, fire, bolt, and sloe poison alot and there are only 2 from the lamp in 56428adr

More difficulty with 2 people

Are Ebrietas FRC gems better than watchers' 27.2% arcane gems?

Someone mind lending me a hand with Orphan? I've already beat him before solo on NG+2 Whatever dick wank. i just wanna body him on regular NG so I can get the Kos parasite already. Anyone wanna give a hand? Password is lvl20 and I'm at the lighthouse hut lamp

If you can get +15 Flat Arcane as a secondary, then yes most of the time they are better. Use the formula's in the bottom link of the OP.

post memes

Is lvl 25 watcher user here?

Doesn't seem like anybody is.

Blah blah blah, middle of the night, yada yada on a thursday and so on and so on, others are currently playing.

And the cycle repeats itself.

If you need something be specific about it and I'm sure you'll get help/answers.

You know who I feel like, chasing Micolash around and piecing together the Eldritch truth?

I feel like the little red-headed kid from Talladega Nights.

>Kos, or as some say, Kosm
>youtube.com/watch?v=okSbhtjK2EU

Hey guys, what's a good place to coop at BL22? Great Cathedral? Old Yharnam?

Also how the fuck does invading opposite covenants work here again? Who does Hunter of Hunters invade? Vilebloods?

Are the math guys still here? Would putting a bunch of flat damage on something multi-hitting like the BoM or saw be worthwhile?

I'm usually BL25 by the time I even fight BSB, so probably only Old Yharnam.

>Also how the fuck does invading opposite covenants work here again?
When ringing for co-op you can invade or get invaded by the opposing covenant member who was initially being summoned to help.
>Who does Hunter of Hunters invade? Vilebloods?
Yeah, and vice versa I think.

The problem with Flat gems is that their damage is added dead last, after everything else. So, potentially, on a move with awful modifier, you'll be doing more damage.

But on the vast majority of attacks (IIRC basically anything with a modifier over 1.15) you'll be losing out.

I guess it depends on what kind of damage you're adding. I don't know how high other types go, but Arcane gets up to like 72, so three of those you're talking 216 damage, plus whatever base+scaling damage, so, maybe with something like BoM that could possibly be worthwhile, but I'm not sure out of hand. I've never heard of anyone doing it, which is enough to make me doubtful, though.

anyone want to help me kill the oprhan at lvl 43?
pass is cuck
will be ringing at the lighthouse hut lantern.

Do you have lower loran chalice open?

no

Only if you're twinking and don't have high scaling to boost your damage.

Try do the maths for yourself, the stuff is all in the OP.

Alright so basically, I found four hypothetical totals: BoM with 50skl and 25 arc, loaded with three 19.5% Nourishing Gems, and a BoM with 25Skl and 50 Arc, loaded with three Odd Arcane +72.5 Flats.

The way you figure if a move will do more damage or less is to multiply the entire AR except and flat damage by the attack's modifier, then add any flat damage.

So, for the BoM with Nourishings, Phys AR is 396, and Arc AR is 136.

On the BoM with Odds, the Phys AR is 186, and the Arc Ar is 95.

On an untricked (phys damage, 1.0 modifier) the damage from the Nourishing BoM, before enemy defense, is 396 (396*1.0).

On a tricked dash R1 (arc damage, 1.4 modifier) the damage from the Nourishing BoM, before enemy defense, is 190 (136*1.4).

If you use the Odd BoM, every single attack is going to have 217 Arcane damage added at the end of it.

So, the untricked R1 will do 186 phys, plus 217 arc damage, before enemy defense. So in this case the total damage is around 400 on paper, but it's going to get reduced by two defenses, so the 396 phys is probably better.

The tricked dash R1 will do (95*1.4)+217, for 350 arcane damage, before defenses, a lot better than the Nourishings.

The catch is that only about 40% of BoM's moveset looks like it does arcane damage.

Definitely check my math and do all the moves yourself. Plus whatever other gem setups. I'm going to guess 50skl and x3 27.2%s is much better overall than the Nourishings.

I was more thinking Saw L2 and BoM R1 mashing.

Well I'm hitting the sack now, but, based on the numbers I ran, BoM R1 mashing is almost certainly better with 50 skill and trip 27.2s.

Saws get pretty high AR already and I can only imagine that again, % gems would be better.
L2, meaning Whirligig? I don't know. It looks like the modifiers are pretty low, like .8 to .3. Odds might be better for that, but I have to assume only that.

Defiled Amy anyone?

What's your level?

What's the password

I'm helping my friend actually. I'm 135 and he's somewhere around 140-150

Pass is 1qaz2wsx (first two columns on the keyboard). Ringing at the lantern once I post this.

well if you insist

finally beat the headless bloodletting beast by saying 'fuck strategy' and chopping away at his crotch with my hanzo blood-steel while chugging vials until he keeled over dead

i think it was a relief for both of us, really

Imma coming.

Cool were still waiting at the lantern. Pass is 1qaz2wsx

Wow fuck defiled Amy.

Searching again. Pass is still 1qaz2wsx

> had an idea for a Cowboy build
> dual wielding guns
> maybe even turn it into a video with some cliche Western movie music
> turns out someone already did exactly that over a year ago and better than I ever could.

How come I've never seen this? Its fucking brilliant.

youtube.com/watch?v=zibdXtzYRfw

Iris here, I won't stop until you guys do. So count me in every time

Keep a running count of how many times you get smashed to a pulp the second you exit the fog gate

Like I'm not even making fun, it's legitmately a huge fucking problem with that fight

Amy is easy as shit, how are there still people that doesn't know how to fight it?

Not them but I'm at like 10 so far

Come help us user

Pass is 1qaz2wsx. Ringing again now

It takes a couple tries to get down baiting out the jump and fucking it up usually means you die

It's pointless with people running around all over the place not knowing what they're doing, causes mishaps in an otherwise easy fight.

>I can only beat Amy by using the jump cheese

I don't even use the "jump cheese" unless I'm farming it for nourishings. Doesn't mean I want to carry someone who can't do it in multiple attempts because they keep dying.

Oh, wise one of the cosmos, greatest Hunter of Hunters, please, grace us with your insight on how to defeat the terrible Amygdala.

youtube.com/watch?v=uRmulbXOoJ8
Simple

You sound like you would be a ton of fun to play with man

With players who are competent, sure am.

Well not only is this not the same fight, I honestly doubt the other two have this weapon and the same set up.

>not the same fight
Duh, it's still defiled amygdala. The setup's irrelevant, you can do it with any weapon. If you can't manage it during the 3rd phase, simply attack the underside and stand still when it jumps.
It's that simple.

Don't want to do the above? Simply bait attacks that expose the head and then attack the head.
But I will not carry someone and his lvl 130+ friend because they just do it.

Suck my cock Amy, We got em. I got him actually

That was nice thanks for the help man

i still talk about BB. Its the others you have to worry about.

I fucking hate fighting Orphan.

need help?

What build should I do /bbg/?

99 VIT, use the a broken Wheel with base stats and rely entirely on Poison gems.