Any UK lads around?

Any UK lads around?

Just bought a Civic type R but the insurer I'm with won't insure me on it because I'm 24 so they'd have to cancel it. Problem is that I'm 1 month away from getting my 3rd no claims bonus and I'm part exchanging my car. If they cancel it, I'd have to start over again for my 3rd no claims bonus

Will I get done for waiting it out for a month and getting my 3rd NCB instead of telling them I don't own my old car no more?

I wouldn't risk it desu. If something goes wrong, you'll get fucked from all angles.

Whats the insurance like for you on those Type R's?

It's about £580 if I had 3 years NCB but It's £670 if I swap it over now.

It completely crossed my mind before I even bought the car.

Where you from? That morros looks familiar.

Not my picture. just one I got of google.

Dude it's free money. Wait a month, get your bonus, then bail. Don't be a puss

should have bought a micra instead

Can't you just switch to another insurer for the civic? State you have 3 years no claims.
Keep your current insurance active for 1 more month, get your full year ncb and then don't renew it?

Last time I told them how many no claims I had they wanted proof sadly.

>FWD

god euro civics are so fucking ugly

I've had the same in the past, however they've always wanted it via post.
Some years I didn't even bother sending it and it still all went through.
If they want proof and it's via post, 1 month isn't unreasonable to be waiting. If you pay and you have your documents come through there shouldn't be a problem.
I actually gained a year ncb somewhere along the line, I must have put an extra year on by accident when I swapped insurers and it's always been on there.
However I now have 10 years so most of the options to select are 9+ ncb.

>HE CAN'T GET INSURANCE ON A FUCKING FWD ECONOMY CAR

Where are you from?
Op is only 24, depending on the area the insurance can be a massive hit.

I'm just worried about if they somehow find out I don't own the car no more.

See if the place where you are buying your civic from (and p/xing your current car) will hold onto it for a bit longer?

It's going to a dealership and I doubt they'd hold on to it if someone is interested in it.

Not sure what other options there are then.

I'm fucked. Have to restart my 3rd year ncb again. The car just felt like too much of a good purchase to pass up on.

i bet you couldnt afford it either

How much is the car?
Not a fan of these civics, i prefer the older EP3 models.
I was torn between an ep3 or a leon cupra r.
Went for the leon in the end, the 5 doors for the kids solved that.

Is that for 6 months?

Who has 6 month insurance policies?

£5700. Swapping my Civic type S for £3200. They wanted £3k but they accepted £3200

There's no such thing as 6 months insurance mate as far as I know. It's only year policies

Not too bad then.
You could always keep your current car and give up on that specific type r.
Look for another in a months time.

Can you get temp insurance for it, until you get 4 years on the old insurance? Then go get the new quotes?

No chance of that now unfortunately. I've signed the papers and the car is mine.

I probably could've done it if I kept my Type S but I'm part exchanging it yet I've taken a loan out for the price of the car. I've gone about it all the wrong fucking way now that I think about it.

I don't think so because who I'm with won't insure me because you need to be 25 to drive a Type R but I'm only 24. They'd have to cancel it and then that cancels out my chance of getting 3 years no claim

lol I'm 24 and I insured my 170kW (215~bhp) BMW 530 for 200$/year, the insurance also covers my 20year old gf. and it's gonna get lower because the premium decreases rapidly after you reach 25 years.
>implying americans aren't mad reading this

>shitposter reading comprehension

I've always been given the option to pay in 1, 6, or 12 month intervals.

So it's only like $60/mo? I thought insurance was supposed to be insanely expensive in the UK.

and I thought auto insurance in the US was bad baka

It's only expensive for year one and two. Then, it's cheap.

why do you want to spend so much on that
UGLY
PIECE OF SHIT

Have you considered a Micra, OP?

My insurance is £163pa. 6 points for speeding on my licence and 3 accidents, 2 of which at fault.

Post sophs

SLAGPOSTING IN A BRIT THREAD

Bring your shitty Civic to our drag meet bro

just stay off the road bro, get a bicycle.

>jelly of my £163 a year
>been driving for 6 months and has "clean licence"
Stay cucked homeslice

The difference between 2 and 3 years isn't normally that big. Who are you with who won't cover you?

If not getting into accidents and speeding is being 'cucked' I don't even know what the word means anymore.

I had an EP3 Type R when I was 21, which insurer are you with?

t. micra owner

>21 years old
>Drive 2003 VY Commodore
>Insurance is only $400AUD a year
Why does everyone else pay so much?

I've never owned a micra - but if that's supposed to be an insult alright.

I like that ugly piece of shit. I don't find the EP3 aesthetically pleasing to my eye.

Every single day mate.

I'm with Hastings. A friend said to see if they'll honour me the last month on my policy because they won't insure me for the last month.

Hastings. I went from a standard Fiesta few years ago and another insurer I was with wouldn't insure my Type S because I wasn't 25.

That's a funny way of saying mk2 Renault clio

Wait it's more expensive in the US?
Holy fuck you goys must spend a significant amount of your money to afford brotrucks

>they wanted 3k but they accepted 3.2k
Wow you're a great negotiator dude

They wouldn't take £3500

>£5700. Swapping my Civic type S for £3200. They wanted £3k but they accepted £3200
>They wanted £3k but they accepted £3200
What the fuck? Do you even know how to haggle?

Congratulations, you just played yourself.

This whole thread is just poor excuses for why these plebs don't drive Nissan Micras.

It's a part exchange, thats how much the dealership will take off his new car. Basically the price for his old car, so the more the better.

Might work:

>transfer your insurance to someone elses (parents/friends) car
>buy the Civic and take it home with the dealers drive-away insurance (ring them and see if they'll offer it
>wait out the month until you get your 3 years no claims
>once you get your NCB insure the Civic

The only issue is you won't get to insure the Civic for a while.

Put your mother or father on the policy, it takes the price down and they'll be more willing to insure you.

A friend said to ring Hastings (who I'm with) to cancel it because they won't insure me for the last month and ask if they'll just give me the 3 years no claims since I've already paid for the years insurance.

I had a fright last night because the £674 to insure my Type R wasn't showing up so thought I'd have to pay over £1,000 to insure it but it showed up this morning so just paid for it whilst it's still cheap. Rather lose out on £90 and a years no claims instead of paying £1,000+ to get insured.

Already got me mam on the insurance as a additional driver. Always have her on it for that reason. A lot of main places won't insure me because I'm 24.