Would the Lexus ls 400 or its Infiniti counterpart the Q45 be a good car for a college student...

Would the Lexus ls 400 or its Infiniti counterpart the Q45 be a good car for a college student? Do you guys think I'll be paying a lot on gas and insurance? I just think it's a nice, roomy, and sex car.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=10JJg8Xq2qc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

my 95 LS400 made about 22 mpg combined city/highway, and i didn't pay much in insurance at all.

the powertrain is famously bulletproof, but you should probably replace the power steering pump if it hasn't been done, other than that, the things are unkillable

good fucking car

Do you have a job too? If so, sure. Maintenance wouldn't be too expensive. Ls400 needs a timing belt every 75-100k. Not sure about the Infiniti

>tfw I will never own a beater LS400 with 180 degree headers and straight pipes

the owners manual says the dual-row timing chain is good for the life of the engine. Maintenance is more expensive on the q45 mostly because of the quantity produced compared to the ls400. personally I wouldn't daily the Q and I used to daily my Q.

Why not when what you describe is the typical 700 dollar craigslist ls400

(checked)

Get a town car. My ls400 is nice and all but if you are in college a town car is the way to go.

Just saying, I own both.

Why is that?

Yes it's a great car for a college student requiring little maintenance to go a long way reliably. You will pay a bit more at the pump but it's worth it.

Town car is just as cheap, gets same mpgs with regular fuel and parts are easier to find. Also you dont have to look the world over for a rear glass like on a ls400.

What parts have you needed for your Lexus? The rear glass isn't exactly a wear component.

>180 degree headers

time 4 the garbage heap

Power steering pumps leak. If someone with a 1uz said that their power steering pump hasn't leaked is lying. Also the alternator is right underneath it so it shorts it out. Also upper control arms bushings on the front wheels are a big wear item too. And also air bags go bad every once in a ofter but most ls400s don't have that option.

youtube.com/watch?v=10JJg8Xq2qc
Oh baby

>Hating on 180 headers
Plebeian detected.

Bulletproof drive train
Cheap/easy maintenence
Non-wear components (side mirrors, window regs etc) = $$$
Old bodystyle is on my wishlist

t. Former lexus employee

tfw no ls400

Unless you have a good-paying job as well, I'd advise against it. That goes double if you live in an heavily trafficked city as is common with most college towns. The F10 doesn't have good gas mileage compared to modern cars and if anything does happen to break, then expect to pay out the ass if you are not going to be wrenching on it yourself.

i will never understand why people come in and post complete bullshit like this on Veeky Forums

>college student
Just get a beater Hyundai Accent like everyone else and stop being a special snowflake.

Animal fucker

The LS400 is for Arabs too poor for the Merc.

The Q45 is for the nismofag who can't admit the LS400 is superior in every way.

What's bullshit about it?

The only people I've seen drive LS400s are old af white people who bought it new back in the early 90s or poor nigs who bought one with 150k miles.