Do shoes matter when driving? If so, what are good driving shoes?

Do shoes matter when driving? If so, what are good driving shoes?

Just wearing these atm, maybe the sole is too thick

Other urls found in this thread:

newbalance.com/pd/hook-and-loop-813/MW813H.html#color=Black
lemsshoes.com/mens-boulder-boot-black.html
amazon.com/Dunham-New-Balance-Winslow-Oxford/dp/B004HDCVSA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Going solely off of that image, I can tell you're a little bit of an autist

See this.

Maybe just getting new shoes in general will be a good idea

I had a thread a few weeks ago about this. So basically, alot of people recommended pumas and addidas soccer shoes. Nikes are good as well and any shoe really that is really light and comfy

remove barefoot from the premises

I hope their kind all contract tetanus/gangrene and lose their legs, then die the slowest death possible

Sambas and GTFO.

>the answer is always Samba.

>green socks

barefeet is the way to go, flip flops come next, then vans.

Take off your shoes and put on house slippers anytime you get in your car.

Insist anyone who enters your car, remove their shoes to avoid running the carpeting.

yes shoes matter when driving. It's why I get pissed when women get in accidents due to wearing clunky shoes like high heels or wedges, then get offended when you point out the shoes aren't good for driving
The thinner the sole is, they better for driving because you can feel more. If you're ever seen the shoes that go with those fireproof racing suits, you'd know they have THIN sole, to the point that they would tear pretty quick if you used them as everyday footwear.
Now. That said I happen to enjoy 2 different shoes for driving.

1: Converse chucks. classic, cheap, though not exactly comfortable to wear all day long

2: pic related. A Japanese company called Onitsuka Tiger makes these and by god, they are glorious. There's a fair few number of actual race car drivers who use these as everyday shoes. To my knowledge, the only place in the states you can get them is either online or at Journey's stores.

>new balance
>literally the fat neckbeard sperg shoe
Fucking why do all of you buy these shoes?

>Get in car with friend
>He's hooning with flip-flops on

It's because they were heavily featured in that anime, Initial D.

I have a friend who works at a NB store and she gets me a discount.

If not in the AL50s, these are my daily shoe.

>flip flops
Never flip-flops. Always slipping off, getting caught on things.

>2: pic related. A Japanese company called Onitsuka Tiger makes these and by god, they are glorious.
Litreally what, they're asics you tard, also have fun with that glue falling apart.

Because I have huge fucking feet and they are the only company who makes shoes for my ogre feet.

Asics owns Onitsuka Tiger
Stay retarded.

The idea behind driving shoes is usually thin soles for more pedal feel and a rounded heel for smoother pedal modulation/transition between pedals. Plus all the fire retardant and safety stuff needed for on track. They generally don't last long outside of driving and the soles look slippery as fuck

Realistically you're not on a track where every little thing matters, so just wear whatever you're most comfortable in.

That said, I like onitsuka tigers. Most have rounded heels and the soles are fairly thin but last quite a while and are comfy as fuck.

that's essentially like saying a small sweatshop in china makes nikes, it still makes them asics

do you suck cock on your way to an obscure band concert ?

God fucking tier. I actually have that same pair same color and I got them in Journeys. Best shoe purchase I've ever made.

nazi

I have been able to find Tigers at discount stores like DSW before, however, they are usually the ones that fall apart the fastest. They are excellent sneakers if you take very good care of them, but I prefer NBs, especially since, like Tigers, you can get them in aesthetic as fuck colors

Rocking some 574s right now with a '90s-as-fuck acid green/blue scheme, and I've a pair of these as well. I find the plastic heel brace NB uses also contributes to a good driving feel.

I'm about to get some new work shoes, accidentally painted one of the toes of my current ones when I was painting my car. Should I get-
newbalance.com/pd/hook-and-loop-813/MW813H.html#color=Black
or
lemsshoes.com/mens-boulder-boot-black.html
or
amazon.com/Dunham-New-Balance-Winslow-Oxford/dp/B004HDCVSA

Just found these for cheap(ish), thanks for the rec man

>Do shoes matter when driving? If so, what are good driving shoes?

I thought the Heel-toe driving approach benefits more from stiff soles?

>barefoot
>flip flops
Go away Frieberger

Look at those fucking shoes. Why dont you get the ones with the velcro user?

Christ all-mighty!

My nigga. Only drive with Tigers.

And here I am in a super comfy pair of pic related.

Once you break them in, they are amazing.

I usually wear these. Comfy boot/shoe thing but the pedal response is lacking and the big heel can be a nuisance.

*they are a Nunn Bush something. I dunno I bought them years ago for work at a grocery store.

best shoe incoming

planning to colormatch car, too

Maybe you could spend a little less time cleaning the soles of your shoes and matching them with your keyboard and a little more cleaning that filthy desk.

>flip flops
Yeah, never again.

Why is the keyboard so tiny? Is it for a kid? Asian girl? Manlet?

I actually like Converse for driving in civilian clothes, and wear these for work.

How come nobody said chucks yet? Thin, flat sole lets you make good contact with the pedals and you can feel everything through them, and nice breathable canvas upper

>CAF aircraft techs get enormous steel toed boots
>can't even feel my pedals and need to be careful not to hit 2 at once

Fml

Chuck taylors are my preference for driving. Any sneakers generally work well too, I just hate driving in dress shoes.

go back to r/mk boi

Did you just come through my gate. Just talked to an airforce dude about their steelie boots not 20 mins ago.

>he doesn't know of the popular culture of the internet
it's a meme, you dip

Anything with a thin sole, I personally dislike running shoes with a lot of padding since I can't feel anything and the soft sole makes the pedals feel mushy.
That said, for work we use boots so I got used to driving in them even though it's terrible.

>solely

>I just hate driving in dress shoes.
If it's all I have at that time, I will take off the dress shoes and drive in my socks. driving in dress shoes is a PITA

Dress shoes are usually pretty comfy after breaking them in, what do you wear?

You see folks, this is what's wrong with the world....

Not him, but when you wear 13s wide, then it's a struggle.

>green

that's florescent/safety yellow

I wear size 13 shoes (not wide though) and have always found Rockports to be very comfy.

thats like saying cons are nikes because nike owns converse.

>tfw looking for new Puma driving shoes
>tfw there are only ones with F1 teams' advertising

I fucking love Onitsuka Tigers. They're jawesome for driving. I've always used the ultimate 81's and the mexico 66's for driving.

Comfy as fuck to use, better switches so they feel better. Also customizable as fuck as in previous pic. That guy is autistic though.

Thin soles, hideable laces, good heel support.

>autistic
That's a funny way to spell aesthetic

>Be Marine
>constantly driving in boots
>put on shoes
>Have no control over throttle

I drive best in my thin, flat bottomed shoes but it doesn't affect my driving when I wear trail running or regular running shoes.

Slippers are just for moving the car around my driveway, never for going somewhere

good blog

It reminds me of bubblegum/cotton candy and both are shit

These are my daily. They're bretty gud for driving to me. Lightweight, flexible, good feel.

Muh nigga. What brand?

This. My current daily pair is Tiger OC Runners and I love them. Have had them for maybe 5-6 months and they've help up great after shit kicking, working, driving and even junkyarding (got butyl tape stuck on them today). They feel great for driving; fairly thin sole that gives a decent pedal feel. I have also walked for 5+ miles at a time and they were comfortable the whole time.

I'm probably going to pick up some NBs soon enough. I had an awesome pair of all Brown 5xx in college from a thrift store for $10 brand new; wish I knew what happened to them.

I also have a pair of Piloti Prototipo, pic related. Excellent pedal feel because the sole is extremely thin, but do not wear as regular shoes. I had the sole start to wear pretty good within a month or two.

>Work in auto manufacturing plant
>Wear steel-toed-boots with a lip around the edge
>Lip gets caught under brake pedal while releasing clutch
>Now I take the boots off before I drive

Barefoot/socks masterrace.

I used to have these in black/grey.

Very good / 10.

no
I've driven in running nikes, winter boots, chucks and whatnot and honestly the difference is maybe 1%
if you have problems then blame your muscles, tendons and reflexes not your footwear

these are the only shoes i could find in size 16

>Not having a pair of lightweight slip-ons under your seat.

My clutch is literally too light to use with workboots, but my mats are never clean enough to do socks/barefoot.

*Freiburger

t. Fatt Marah

Yes it matters.

For a bunch of people who are autismal over your car's design you seem to not give a fuck about footwear and rock the ugliest fucking sneakers you could find.

What stores do you shop at that even sell shoes this ugly?

Bar none

Youre going to say something like 'ahahahah faggot. look he fell for it.'

But I love Puma Drift Cat's. Especially the original Drift Cat I's, II's, and III's. I have like a shit ton pairs of them that I've collected, in addition to the three original pair of Drift Cat I's that I literally wore out. Love em.

>comfy
>grippy
>narrow as fuck

My favourite driving shoes.

Yes it matters, wearing pic related is always really weird driving. I usually use whatever sneaker im wearing but those I change

ahahahah faggot. look he fell for it.

those look horrible, just get the black suede

i just wear vans

>walmart jeans
>green socks
>new balance

nobody's asking you to read GQ, but damn son.

I bought tigers because of this thread, they are on their way now
i'll rate my current collection
>Air Jordan retros: 8/10 the high top is great for road trips
>Nike SB Erick Koston "mcflys": 7/10 meh for heel toe, but decent for daily driving
>Addidas Neo: 7/10 comfy but the sole is like half an inch of fucking rubber so you can't feel shit
>Air Mags: 3/10 they are practically snowboarding boots, so extremely uncomfortable to drive in....... but they look so good

>2016
>not wearing Jesus sandals

I have a pair of Everlast slip-ons that are, so far, the most comfy driving shoes i have.

Second are probs my Chuck Taylors, but they're not comfortable unless I wear thick, padded socks.

>The current year
>Wearing sandals

>size 16
Please kill yourself

no