How did such a flawed engine layout with the incorrect number of cylinders go on to find so much success with consumers?

How did such a flawed engine layout with the incorrect number of cylinders go on to find so much success with consumers?

Massive OEM use spurring aftermarket development. If Ford does the same thing with their EcoBoost I could see the same thing happening. It just has to be put in everything from shitboxes to exotic fighters.

I think it's an American thing, they don't trust technology so stick with what they know, even if it's archaic.

is that a pushrod engine ?
disgusting

whoop another thread that starts with a question

SUPRISE SUPRISE ITS SHIT

because V12s are expensive and the EPA slowly killed the I6

i wish there was flags on posts so we could ignore europeans

I wish we had to prove we own a car to even post here.

>On Veeky Forums
>Doesn't know OHV came after cam over head
Sounds right desu senpai.

the layout is fine, it allows for lower weight V8s without too many exotic materials. you have to lose out somewhere in such a design. V8s also fit nicely in i6 and even some i4 cars as a higher trim engine without making a fuckhuge nose for a V10/12.

that and when you submit your title you get auto banned if your engine is under 2.0l

ITT: Mad GM cucks.

at or under the exact cc displacement of the K20 is best (1998cc)

>2016
>not pushrods
Nigs

What about motorcycles tho

>tfw 1.8
fuck u

the bastard child of Veeky Forums and /n/ always gets an exception. what is the point where an engine becomes "manly" in a bike? over 100cc?

They can have their own board desu. /mcs/ Motorcycles and other cheap sports.

Is that pre, or post forced induction?

go lease another automatic fr-s

Why? They're just European poorfags crying about how anything faster than their cuck licensed 125cc glorified moped is a death trap that should be prohibited.

>0.1 peters
>manly
nope

i'm glad they pointed out the bowtie logo and orange powdercoat

Displacement has nothing to do with forced induction.

With natural aspirated the pressure in the cylinder is equal to outside the cylinder before the compression or combustion.

With forced induction, the pressure in the cylinder is more than the outside.

No matter what, the displacement will be the same. A 2 liter with 10 or 20 psi doesn't matter, it's still a two liter. It will just make more power with more pressure.

You tards can say "lol pushrods" all you want. Its very powerful and very light, so it's older features shouldn't matter. I don't even like V8s but the LS series are objectively good.

Don't you know Veeky Forums is all about Murica Vs Euro Vs Japland Vs sometimes Ausfalia

No one can appreciate a machine as a machine without bringing up it's origin.

Don't have this problem on /k/ since only Americans have guns.

Simple and effective. At the end of the day there is no replacement for displacement.

>turbos
Forced induction enhances displacement. You can have a turbo 2.0l 4cyl riceburner making power (and not necessarily torque) equal to a NA 5.0l V8 anchor; the V8 will still outlive the 4-banger.

Turbo the V8 and drop it in your Silvia and you've added mayo and lard to your rice.

Power-to-weight tbqh.

>Turbo v8
>Not supercharge
>Not american at all.

>Power-to-weight tbqh.
If your engine is less than 2 liters, most likely driving a econobox that will never go fast no matter what.

Maybe a list of exceptions.