/shmupg/ Shooting Game General

This general is for discussing all shmups/stgs (shoot 'em ups/shooting type games).

Previous thread: Need something to play? Check this out: mega.nz/#!mlwG3ZCJ!NMdWxNY4pjqc1vFGwzyPIbtGor0GHObcfENNMgOQW1s

Join us on Steam! steamcommunity.com/groups/shmupg

>RECENT RELEASES:

Mecha Ritz Steel Rondo
store.steampowered.com/app/463070

RefRain
store.steampowered.com/app/435970/

Shmups Skill Test
store.steampowered.com/app/430290/

WITCH-BOT MEGLILO:
store.steampowered.com/app/437020/

>UPCOMING RELEASES:

Blue Revolver
bluerevolvergame.com/

Xydonia
indiedb.com/games/xydonia

iMalice
amamoriya.gozaru.jp/imalice/

DoDonPachi Daifukkatsu
cave.degicagames.com/

Go Go Burunyanman Ecstasy!!! Steam-Edition
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=660224194

Other links
STG stream aggregator: stgrillz.appspot.com/

/shmupg/ high-score list:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1K0DesawgMQiFNMv2MZxxwdjzBudCIMMb3BkjQJaHjxI/edit?usp=sharing

/Shmupg/ community YT channel:
youtube.com/channel/UCp2e9X5tR9BLdSlIGjzftDA

Would playing Touhou on my laptop in a busy nightclub be a good method of peacocking?

second for anime

are you hyped?

I'm meh

I can never be hyped for new releases, since I still have so much on my backlog. It's sad

I want it to sell well so Cave might port Futari, SDOJ and MMP/Pink Sweets

Quite hyped. Probably won't put too much time into it since I'm still trying to clear mushi and after that I wanna try scoring DOJ.

I'm excited for Ketsuipachi, and to try 1.51 and Black Label without having to change my account region.

Where are the tittie posters?

10th for input lag

>you will never be talented enough to care about input lag

don't worry, no one outside of japan is that talented.

Nah, with no release date there is no point in hype. It's getting another delay desu.

Still waiting on a Krautkun explicit image.

so i have to score as much as possible like it or not?
i finally defeated stage 3 in practice btw, yay!

>make it to the last stage no miss
>die out, don't even 1cc
Wasn't expecting much but it still sucks.

Contact me when DoDonPachi SaiDaiOuJou comes out.

Nothing sad about it, hype only creates dumb purchases and disappointment there is nothing positive about it to the consumer.

who invented gold stars and other shit flying at you when you score? cave?
it's fucking addicting.

Hit me up whenever they port Mushihimesama Futanari.

hi gus

this has happened to me the last two times i played mushi original

391 hours?

You don't have to play on superplay level, but you should score somewhat.

>you can't play touhou with a stick

apparently LYX also does that

Yeah, in around 10 weeks so 5.3 hours of average daily playtime. I had around 20 hours of survival play in Normal and Extra on the timer from before.

ASS WE CAN

Titties.

How do you with the fact that normal people think of you as some kind of junkie for playing video games, while in reality shmupping is an artform?

*deal

>How do you with the fact
Do I?

Big, soft titties.

Every normal person who has seen me play shmups thought it looked cool and that I was amazing for being able to survive the trillion bullets and whatnot.

how do I practice kaikan stages without starting from stage 1?

yes, but if they dont see you? normies will just think of you as a dumb junkie playing kiddie games

If they don't see me then they won't know. I don't casually tell normies that I play shmups and JRPGs. The only people who know that about me are people that I'm friends enough with to know I won't get weird looks like that.

With normies that I'm just making conversation with, if the subject of video games comes up, I just tell them that I like Call of Duty or Gears of War.

what about your parents? they usually dont pay attention to what kind of games you play

Does anyone know what triggers this text?

Sometimes it pops up, sometimes not, it's weird.

Victory for the Finnish guerrilla!

Not usually. They have seen me play all sorts of stuff before but I don't think they pay it much mind, or if they do then they don't really say anything.

i hear it randomly shows when you get to that point with 1 credit

I think it's completely random whether it shows up and which one you get.

There is still another text? What does it say otherwise?

There are dozens of different flavor texts, I'm not sure if I've seen them all myself yet.

Bump

>tfw streaming for 2 hrs but didn't realize Veeky Forums hadn't posting my comment here to notify.

Why did they choose such a stupid font for that, when the Japanese logo gave off such a serious, dark, but beautiful vibe?

Original Reco looks much better than Futari Reco!

That's fucking awesome! we should collect them all and post as many as we can.

This one is funny.

Which one has bigger breasts?

Futari
They grew a bit

Then your previous post is incorrect.

Could it perhaps be that it always just shows up, when having a new PB up to that point?

Anyway, it kinda reminds me of the text in Ikaruga, which is cool.

then why didn't you post it?

I think so too. I don't like Futari Reco at all. They changed her hair also.

I prefer Original Reco's more mature look. I know she's supposed to be a teen but she just looks cooler! Purple hair > pink hair, and her clothes also look cooler!

Futari Reco looks way more "kawaii" in comparison.

Because i was playing asuming it had posted and didn't notice till i finished lel.

tfw keyboard player

I can't 1cc Espgaluda, I'm just too retarded for it. I need at least 6 lives for the last boss and I've been trying this for weeks, I should just stop playing shmups.

I couldn't get into the game, and when I got to that boss I just noped the fuck out.

You can bomb through most of the fight and the final pattern isn't that bad. Just save state and practice the fight a lot, it will definitely get easier with time because his pattern isn't RNG based. You can also make it a bit easier on yourself by tapping bomb and going to one of the sides before it hits the boss himself. It helps you skip the difficult parts of the last pattern and gives you a tiny bit of easy damage.

>save state
LOL!

>meme response
LMAO

Started training Gunbird second loop. Shit's cool.

I'm gonna play Psikyo after I'm done with Espgaluda.

Goals for the rest of this year are a 1all in Sengoku Ace and maybe Strikers 1945

I'm also terribad at Espgaluda, which is weird because I cleared Esp Rade in a couple days. I guess Im just retarded with the kakusei.

The biggest thing which shmups lack to be more popular is online multiplayer.
It's basically the main reason why Jamestown was so successful.

>The biggest thing which shmups lack to be more popular is online multiplayer.
pls no, multiplayer is cancer

come on, playing shmups multiplayer is fun

>two STGW episodes this week
MADMEN

7 M I L L I O N
M
I
L
L
I
O
N

fuck you, i get only half of this

assuming you are the guy whos having troubles in stage 3 then you are technically doing better than me desu

Man, what I would give to be able to play Darius Burst online with 3 other people.

It would be so cool!

Not bad desu.

>assuming you are the guy whos having troubles in stage 3
how do you know? Also i play novice original many times, it's easy and enjoyable, i improve my strategies/score every time, and feels good. try it

Good luck with that, train boss is fucking crazy.
I want to practice a Psikyo loop2 sometime, not sure if Strikers 1 or 2.

>maybe Strikers 1945
1-all took me less than 10 hrs so go for it, the second loop is violent though.

brutal game, nice to see someone going for psikyo games.

Retard simpleton brains that can't multi task detected.

The fuck are you talking about?

The reason you are incapable of beating a fucking easy as fuck boss.

could IKD reach number 1?

one of them is 2hu though so it doesn't even count desu

IKD is too busy being immortalized in finely crafted statues due to his title as the god of shmups

Ii'm ok with multitasking, just not used to slowing shit up on purpouse. also, replaying the game is annoying because st1 theme is so shit.

Not really what I'd call multitasking, more just reading patterns which comes with experience

You're ok with multitasking until you need to multitask.

>Not really what I'd call multitasking
That's why you're failing at it.

>That's why you're failing at it.
Not him, you dumbshit. Just pointing out that calling it "multitasking" is kinda dumb because it's a very specific skill that's trained just by playing these games

the past pattern in espgfaluda requires you read 2 lines moving in alternate directions, it's also a 4 button game which requires multitasking. You're justapplying general knowledge and not specific and you don't sound like you've played espgaluda so unfortunately for your permanently embarrassed parents it's you who's the thick cunt.

You're applying specific experience with these types of games, it has fuck all use elsewhere and has nothing to do with your general multitasking ability also nice assumption there shit-for-brains beat the game a while ago and had no trouble with it

Also wow look at my top-tier multitasking skills I can press one of 26 keys at the same time this shit is unreal

>slowdown is the only way of multitasking
lmao cavefags are retarded

shmupg is alive!!!
oh, its just another autist fight nvm...

Been playing shmups for ~6 months now, should this be an easy clear at this point? It's easy for me slip into the first few lines of the final pattern, but when he starts shooting the other small bullets, it's usually over for me. :|

Would you say that this is a skill you develop by practicing more or is my brain just fucked?

>or is my brain just fucked
Your brain's fucked for thinking that way, it's a skill that you can practice by playing these games. Keep going and in a while you will dodge more difficult patterns without giving it asecond thought.