Any seafoam honda/acura stories to share? i got a 94 integra ls and i was wondering if you guys have used it before?

Any seafoam honda/acura stories to share? i got a 94 integra ls and i was wondering if you guys have used it before?

Other urls found in this thread:

hildstrom.com/projects/seafoam/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why do you think it needs it?

it's good to clear up carbon and might help a tiny bit. it's not going to fix a fucked fuel pump, vacuum leaks, or other problems.

Why does it need to be honda specific? It will clean out your engine pretty good. Not a bad idea on a high mileage engine. You may notice a slight increase in performance if your engine was so gunked up it was reducing preformance.

It's honestly just cheap preventative maintenence

having trouble passing emissions

Snake oil....

used on my 99 accord v6
>half can in the tank
>quarter in crank case
>quarter in brake booster vacuum line
>let sit, made big cloud, drove around hard a bit did oil change after the tank of gas.

It might have done something, it might have not. Butt dyno said it was better, but overall I feel like fresh / better oil makes a more noticeable difference.

I would only do it to a car once if it's sat for a long time or grandma driven. Driving it hard should make it pointless.

>mfw kiddies putting seafoam in grandma cars

Its literally rubbing alcohol and fucking diesel fuel. It doesn't clean shit, it just makes big fucking clouds to fool retards. If it worked so well, why they hell would anyone clean their intake manifolds on direct injection cars with walnut shells?

SCAM
C
A
M

Check engine light?

+1000

If it was a scam, why would Subaru make their own and recommend it as part of regular service?

Subaru upper engine cleaner and Seafoam are the same shit and they do actually work.

you're basically saying "Why would anyone use soap when sponges exist?"

can you post proof of that?

Seafoam is not a magic ingredient. It looks good because it comes in a nice can and that is part of the mystique. It's an old product from the 1940's. It originally was a blend of pale oil, naptha, and isopropanol (aka isopropyl alcohol).

Because it was expensive to refine isopropanol to remove all of the water in it, seafoam had a bit of water in it from the isopropanol not letting go of the water. So some cars would make a lot of white steam exhaust when burning high concentrations.

As industrial chemicals go, Seafoam is remarkably cheap to create. That's because it is a blend of pre-existing ingredients and doesn't need a giant factory to refine it or crack it. Pale oil is a vague term allowed in the 1940's and it seems to be alowed to stay as an ingredient name. Home users don't have easy access to all industrial chemicals, but some have tried to recreate a Seafoam analogue.

Make your own "Seafoam":
hildstrom.com/projects/seafoam/

Seafoam still has the "old timey" advertising wording on its label. Do you remember old time products? They would claim their product did a zillion things. Thus it seemed like a miracle product especially to desperate people.

maybe for cars but it works miracles on small engines. Same with MMO.

>It's honestly just cheap preventative maintenence

PEA type additives are better at cleaning out the top cylinder and valves than Seafoam. PEA is actually difficult to make and needs a factory unlike Seafoam.

Putting seafoam into crankcase oil is basically thinning the oil as if the oil had a lot of blowback leakage. Note carefully that there is a difference between an oil that naturally has a lower viscosity and a thicker oil that was thinned by adding seafoam to it. In both cases, the "apparent" thickness of the oil is less and the engine has less restriction. But the amount of lubrication loss from seafoam is not worth doing in the long run.

I used the Seafoam spray on one set of intake runners for my VG30DE after pulling the plenum to replace injectors. When I pulled the plenum again, the set of runners that had been sprayed looked noticeably cleaner/more free of carbon than those that hadn't been treated. I cannot advocate how well it improved performance because the remainder of the injectors shit the bed soon after the first two, but it did clean it up.

except for the videos showing it clean carbon off.

>car won't pass emissions
so you either have:
a leaking injector (you should notice the worse mpg)
a misfire
a bad cat

diagnose it properly instead of throwing useless shit at it.

...because companies exist to make money user.

I used seafoam and supreme fuel to clear up my shitty emissions just enough to squeak by commiefornia's smog bullshit

I don't know what seafoam does but I used the lucas stuff you pour in your gas tank; emptied it along with filling the tank and drove around for a while then took it in to get smogged and I passed. CA too fwiw