/sg/ - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. General

I guess i'll make it edition™

>BugTrap, crash to desktop, freeze/lockup?? Find your crash log.
Check your Documents or game install directories for the xray_[your name].log file. If you can't find it, look in the location specified at the top of fsgame.ltx. Copy the last few lines from the log and paste them here if you want any help.

>Start guide, beginner tips, and much much more
pastebin.com/FUPEbLiv
>HUD guide, modding basics, mod reviews, and AMK mod guide
docs.google.com/document/d/10yi79NUFhJrFO4hmGeKqaWSw35BJQv0Ve0OK94ioMEw
>Why Complete is bad and you shouldn't play it
pastebin.com/6AtetpMM
>Performance Guides, Steam settings
pastebin.com/nzXEevG7

>The Zone Manual: Every Mod You'll Ever Need for the True Ukrainian Experience
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=121125400
>Pasta summaries, streamer listing and more
cheeki.violates.me/
>STALKER General Steam Group - Join chat and ask for an invite!
steamcommunity.com/groups/BroZone

Reminder that MS Update KB2670838 breaks your DX10/11 games including Clear Sky and Call of Pripyat. Here's a fix:
mega.nz/#!LAAXlaIZ!uVbJ-gsIPm8Sn2ydh7btI_3VK7Mfr41qoO2L6M7FZfQ

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.co.nz/#F!R5tnxQab!u1LS76bEVBuIrAZw6Py_3A
mega.co.nz/#F!NoVzUJLZ!g4Qdy88rL3BG7WTlNXsGOw
mega.co.nz/#F!58lwDISQ!P-UNABvTEA7km2fLUIAU7A
mega.co.nz/#F!Ql5CSLxb!gNkfqg-xAUfYezLuMaFtYQ
mega.co.nz/#F!M4BmDRCL!vfze70GSJDyv-HzWn7Dwww
mega.co.nz/#F!V5hBzKab!wF7fgX6m5Tq29B_m5EX69g
mega.co.nz/#F!kFtnBTSb!K-RlA1TVxlJGl86yE1c6fw
mega.co.nz/#F!nJEUgaKS!UdZXAwzMWmtjwfn_dFM3dg
gist.github.com/v1ld/1b019056471abcec23c2efdd5d3ef6d8
gist.github.com/v1ld/786a2b61296273dac2fe5aeba858b1a7
mega.nz/#F!Z01CVQgZ!kzFOBdGnnehBSk1OUQm6PQ
mega.nz/#F!O0hSmBAT!0u8yH2lQc-7Q3-yN6phXhQ
bitbucket.org/revo_lucas/
mega.nz/#!uoYinJ7I!Lqj2DNIAkaVkcFUa1PLZzj80cVhAFK5D-9zbU2Iy5KI
mediafire.com/download/6644yv6xekn73rr/Codebro's 1.0008b Fix 1.zip
pastebin.com/CtQ7zfkA
mega.co.nz/#F!BIISmQgK!KHZR01ljznUqJlcHUax-aQ
gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr2&thm_id=23321&sec_id=22
youtube.com/watch?v=38Ldwaqlqm8
bitbucket.org/revo_lucas/call-of-chernobyl/commits/059024061a95c74f773b7d2ee0e8c08985aed639
bitbucket.org/revo_lucas/call-of-chernobyl/src/059024061a95c74f773b7d2ee0e8c08985aed639/configs/plugins/xr_sound.ltx?fileviewer=file-view-default
youtube.com/watch?v=bgzbbdFK-2o
bitbucket.org/Darryl123/call-of-chernobyl-official-addons/commits/all
moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl/addons/original-weapon-renewal
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Mods and Repositories | Often out of date; use only as a last resort!

>Shadow of Chernobyl
mega.co.nz/#F!R5tnxQab!u1LS76bEVBuIrAZw6Py_3A
>Clear Sky
mega.co.nz/#F!NoVzUJLZ!g4Qdy88rL3BG7WTlNXsGOw
>Call of Pripyat
mega.co.nz/#F!58lwDISQ!P-UNABvTEA7km2fLUIAU7A
>Game Repacks + Modding Tools
mega.co.nz/#F!Ql5CSLxb!gNkfqg-xAUfYezLuMaFtYQ
>Downgrading Patches (drag-and-drop)
mega.co.nz/#F!M4BmDRCL!vfze70GSJDyv-HzWn7Dwww
>Unpacked Gamedata + GSC Backup HDD assets
mega.co.nz/#F!V5hBzKab!wF7fgX6m5Tq29B_m5EX69g
>Old Builds (dated from June 1st, 2002)
mega.co.nz/#F!kFtnBTSb!K-RlA1TVxlJGl86yE1c6fw

>Lost Alpha
mega.co.nz/#F!nJEUgaKS!UdZXAwzMWmtjwfn_dFM3dg
>Oblivion Lost Remake
gist.github.com/v1ld/1b019056471abcec23c2efdd5d3ef6d8
>Joint Pak 2
gist.github.com/v1ld/786a2b61296273dac2fe5aeba858b1a7

>Call of Chernobyl
mega.nz/#F!Z01CVQgZ!kzFOBdGnnehBSk1OUQm6PQ
>Weapon Soup for CoC Repo
mega.nz/#F!O0hSmBAT!0u8yH2lQc-7Q3-yN6phXhQ
>Call of Chernobyl/Warfare Bitbucket repository
bitbucket.org/revo_lucas/
>Don't have Call of Pripyat but want to play Call of Chernobyl?
mega.nz/#!uoYinJ7I!Lqj2DNIAkaVkcFUa1PLZzj80cVhAFK5D-9zbU2Iy5KI

>Codebro's 1.0008 Patch for SoC - enter "menu_fps_cap 0" in the console to prevent crashes.
mediafire.com/download/6644yv6xekn73rr/Codebro's 1.0008b Fix 1.zip
pastebin.com/CtQ7zfkA
>Xetrill's Modified LuaJIT for CS/CoP - improves performance, especially in script-heavy mods.
mega.co.nz/#F!BIISmQgK!KHZR01ljznUqJlcHUax-aQ
gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr2&thm_id=23321&sec_id=22

Previous Thread:

Is there a compatibility patch for ITEMSOUP+AO+Outfit? If not, I will have to use STCoP, but the piece of shit comes with new particles that breaks my shitty PC. So, is there a way to remove these particles? Removing particles.xr seems to do nothing.

i doubt its the particles.xr cuaseing a crash, if you are playing in dx10/dx11 make sure winds update kb2670838 is uninstalled

>Is there a compatibility patch for ITEMSOUP+AO+Outfit?

outfit??,
shouldnt be that many discrepancies. you could easilly merge it urself if needed

>i doubt its the particles.xr cuaseing a crash, if you are playing in dx10/dx11 make sure winds update kb2670838 is uninstalled

I tried and it worked, but STCoP still give me stutters whereas AO doesn't, and It's pretty impressive given that both have pretty much the same texture size.

I've found that STCoP has some files from PP3 (Particle Paradise) by default (it has PP3 in extras, that's strange).

I don't know why STCoP stutters so much.

>shouldnt be that many discrepancies. you could easilly merge it urself if needed

No, there isn't, 20 or so trade files. It's just that I'm fucking lazy to merge them.

Well thanks for the advice anyway.

trader* files

>CoC
>agroprom
>notice my target is getting closer on the map, is at military warehouses and heading south
>decide to sleep for a couple of days to speed things up
>as soon as I wake up
>loudest clap of thunder I ever heard
>go around corner
>20 corpses, and the survivors are sifting through the bodies
>they all spawned in the same location, tried to shoot the same enemy behind the wall, and killed each other
>after copious amounts of looting, hording, and reselling ammo to the survivors, decide to go artifact hunting
>anomaly has TWO artifacts
>oh boy
>every anomaly after has at least two
>fuck yes
>limp north to yantar with 10 artifacts in tow
>as soon as I load in, two bloodsuckers are waiting for me
>can't turn around fast enough
>ded

Such is life in the zone.

DUDE!

>afgan kush
i'd be selling that, not smokin it.

>плaн
>1. - кypить
>2. - ???
>3. - кaкoй этo дeнь?

It really is quite pathetic how long they're holding back CoC 1.4

>'weed'
don't trust it

Didn't you noticed that the beta patch is not in addons anymore? Nigger, they're fucking close.

>pic related

Holy shit, very fucking soon.

It hasn't been there for like a fucking month. I'm considering booting up 1.3.2 and doing a Duty play which I was saving for 1.4 since they are taking so fucking long.

fucking cry about it, then get over it.

>It hasn't been there for like a fucking month

My, I thought it was way less.

It's gonna be release +1-2 months at least before all the mods are updated.

So yeah I'm upset they are taking so fucking long, we're looking at the new year before it's playable and they aren't even wasting all this time doing anything important

Misery 2.2 when?

i'd rather it take a little longer and not be buggy as shit.

i'm just waiting for the TAZ addon for it.

>Hello, Sailor.
>Hello, Cheapskate!

why

Anyone know how to mod it so I can repair armors that are completely damage in OGSE?

Soldaty aren't that dumb after all.

roleplay

yes.

THIS JUST IN
THE OFFICIAL WEAPON ADDONS ARE NO LONGER ON THE COC ADDONS PAGE
1.4 SOON

awwwwwwwww shit, i noticed earlier that they were marked as archived, kinda thought something was happenin

>check repo
>removed copyrighted music

-radio\Aria - Will And Mind
-radio\Aria - All That Was
-radio\Gorky Park - California Promises
-radio\Don Felder - Heavy Metal
-radio\JimiHendrixExperience-AllAlongTheWatchtower
-radio\Tito & Tarantula - Fumando Marijuana
-radio\07_Firelake-Dirge_the_planet

-ambient\special\radio_1 ??????

what did they get a fucking DCMA notice or some shit?

>Firelake
>removing music that was already in the fucking game, but all the other maps, models, textures etc. are still kosher

Musicians are scum.

>CoC with AO
>pitch black night
>NVG does nothing
>enemies can see you from 5 miles away
>enemy's open fire before the visibility meter even so much as flickers
>enemy ammo always ignores your armour

This must be what hell feels like. Let the Zone take me.... I can feel it beckoning me...

There's not a single mod that fixes this type of bullshit. Why?

nICE ANNO.

Because it requires some serious coding to fix, and modders can't really program.

>Not Pripyat Purp or Chernobyl Chronic
They had one fucking job.

>Removing Firelake
>Music that was licensed to be used in the original game
Next thing you know, the weapon packs are going to lose half their models.

But some mods do the opposite, like giving bandits better aiming or range.

>soon knifes and bows only, maybe even slingshot

GSC can give modders permission to bundle their assets into stand-alone mods like Lost Alpha and CoC, but they can't give away the rights to use music that they themselves had to licence. If modders want to use that music, they need to negotiate a separate licence with the band and/or record label.

cossacks?

this. is also one of the reasons SOME musicians are scum.

the game, and mods for all three games, have been out for how long? and their JUST starting to crack down on licensing? could they not just make it so the radio's are customizable from a config, that even Misery managed to accomplish?

>and their JUST starting to crack down on licensing?

Well, GSC just came back from the dead.

Who knows, maybe GSC will send a DMCA to the CoC modders for offering pretty much all STALKER games for free.

mods are starting to blur together for me, but I'm pretty sure that SGM 2.2/LS had lowered night vision for NPCs

AMK 1.something or other a thousand years ago had AI that would become blind as bats at night but not during the day. You could actually go into Agroprom with a silenced Makarov and steal the docs for Barman and kill a few guys without tripping the alarm.

I'm playing clear sky right now with AO + SRP and in the swamp renegades each have 800-1000 ammo rounds for some gay pistol in their inventory when they die

what's up with that?

>fucks up installation
>WHOA, HOLD IT THERE, WHAT'S GOING ON?!

How could I possibly fuck up the installation? I dragged two folders in my directory and that was it

>swamp renegades each have 800-1000 ammo rounds for some gay pistol

what ammo? didnt happen for me

Actually, now that you mention it, wasn't there some kind of bug in CS where NPCs would end up with ammo from stashes in their inventories?

Someone on the previous thread was asking of the VSS Vintorez actually spawns in CoC with Arsenal Overhaul.

Yes, it does. I just found one on a Loner in the Pripyat Outskirts (CoP map). Kind of silly to have to wait that long or go that far; I've already deactivated the Duga.

at least they fucking released their mod and don't make page long articles and 30 minute videos about shit we won't see for 2 years like every other stalker mod.

RIP Lurk, best sound design we'll never hear.

the easiest way to get one is doing the revenge assasination missions you always get one as a reward. nimble also sells a black vss "tide" with improved stats.

Firelake isn't removed

error on someones part?

i guess trusting the repo isnt a smart idea eh?

Can't you still find one in the barracks at the Freedom base?

Also you can always just get a VSK instead.

I think you are just misunderstanding the diff comparison, look at the raw file, you'll see it's still used.

>Vulgargrad

Eyyyyyyyy

youtube.com/watch?v=38Ldwaqlqm8

except its not a diff view.

bitbucket.org/revo_lucas/call-of-chernobyl/commits/059024061a95c74f773b7d2ee0e8c08985aed639

this is the file

bitbucket.org/revo_lucas/call-of-chernobyl/src/059024061a95c74f773b7d2ee0e8c08985aed639/configs/plugins/xr_sound.ltx?fileviewer=file-view-default

and it is removed from
[gar_smart_terrain_3_5_radio]

youtube.com/watch?v=bgzbbdFK-2o

ok well it is a diff view, but still it's removed from gar_smart_terrain

kek

>ok gotta run m8 seeya la-
>pls dont kill me!!

I fully upgraded both and the Val is actually better, despite the folding stock and generic PSO scope.

So it was a wild goose chase all along.

The point I'm arguing is that they didn't cut firelake from CoC

well according to the file, they did in
[gar_smart_terrain_3_5_radio]

Just take two steps forward, you fucking asshole!

what addons you using?

found the culprit, it was death_manager.script, from SRP 1.1 optional

Also is there any way to fix the fucking crash when loading a save after you died? whenever I try to load hardsave/quicksave/autosave my game crash if I'm currently dead, then I reboot game and saves load fine

>SAKHAROV_IS_A_PIECE_OF_SHIT.jpg
lmao

game is CS with AO+SRP

Alright, now for a reason I ignore, the game won't fucking start, it crashes as soon as it opens

There is absolutely no reason for it not to start

I'm fucking done with CS, you fuckers were right all along

you seemed to have screwed up your install
thats not a normal thing

how would i possibly screw up my install?? It's literally replacing 2 files and coying 2 folders

This fucking game is fucked up
FUCK CLEAR SKY REEEEEEEEEEE

Best mod for CoP?

Misery 2.1

funny....works fine on my system.

>REEEEEEEEEEEE

fuck me that sucks so much I wanted to wait for misery 2.2

Stupid question, but does it work without AO?

It's a merge, from the repo
*sigh*
I guess I could try to reinstall and play only with srp to see if things are going better...

Played all the Stalker games. Is the Metro series any good? I hear they have very similiar atmoshere, if very different gameplay (Alot more open then most FPS's but not as much as stalker)

yes, i recently played them both. pretty damn good for what they are.

would recommend playing.

>Misery 2.2
>CoC
WHICH WILL COME OUT FIRST PLACE YOUR BETS!

All on Gunslinger.

Are you fucking with me or something? That is irrelevant. It still plays on sid's radio among others.

Metro is on rails, so it's basically like playing a movie.

are you fucking with me?
>sid
>garbage

GUNSLINGER WHEN

tomorrow

Darryl's started working on them again. Maybe all the core changes are now in 1.4, so he's bringing them up to spec for release looks like.

bitbucket.org/Darryl123/call-of-chernobyl-official-addons/commits/all

The main addons are the weapon packs and they are being updated by Darryl, so they'll be out very soon after if not the same time as 1.4.

It's Half Life meets Stalker. Somewhat more open than Half Life in the overworld, but still overall linear. Gameplay is far closer to Stalker. Exploration is rewarded and is not easy if you're running low on the very gas masks and filters you're scrounging for.

It's a very good game if you're looking for a Stalker-like shooter.

The original 2033 has stealth similar to Stalker - quite hard to pull off as NPCs react to sound and will not let you stealth the guy standing right behind them without noticing it. Redux makes stealth easier, alas, but has significant improvements elsewhere both in gameplay and graphics. Redux also comes with multiple gameplay modes so you can choose between scarcity and exploration vs straight up shooting, a cool feature.

>It's Half Life meets Stalker
More like call of duty meets stalker/bioshock m8

I only played last light and seems like the only thing you're doing in that game is following some guy down a linear tube or doing the horrible stealth which you have to do because you get a bad ending otherwise

been gone for months
new mods?

Yes but you would have to tie it all in with how much light is cast on you. Which modders can't.

HL/CoD sure, they're all linear in story. But neither has as much in the way of exploration giving you rewards like Metro does, which is something it shares with Stalker - while Metro has a very linear story, the levels and maps are less open and have more hidden nooks and crannies than many linear shooters.

You should play the original 2033 if you can. It's closer to Stalker in atmosphere/gameplay than LL, which is more like a typical shooter than the original 2033. Still a linear story though.

have you ever played half life?
holy shit man

moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl/addons/original-weapon-renewal

Yes, to the end. We're talking about linearity in story, not whether HL is Metro in all respects. None of those games offer the open gameplay of Stalker which dumps you in Cordon and lets you get on with it. You can skip entire sequences in SoC if you so choose. Neither HL/Metro let you do that, nor do they let you freely roam between levels you've opened. Nothing much more than that to the comparison.

Couldn't give a fuck about CoD which I played for 2 hours on a mate's PS3 once.