>Guides & Information
/dat/ External PDF List: pad.riseup.net/p/datpdfs
/dat/ Recommended Cars: my.mixtape.moe/akuicw.jpg
/dat/ Recommended Bikes: my.mixtape.moe/mpxqyl.jpg
RAA Used Car Checklist: raa.com.au/documents/motoring-buy-a-car-checklist

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ObDkWUm10OQ
gumtree.com.au/s-ad/hillbank/cars-vans-utes/1996-holden-commodore-sedan/1119950787
youtube.com/watch?v=ykW4rtW2eu0
carsales.com.au/private/details/Subaru-Impreza-1999/SSE-AD-4155709/?Cr=5
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>abusing parking inspectors

Is there a more Australian thing to do?

anyone had any experiences with Holden Astras? Looking for a car at roughly 4k and wondering what to look out for

or late 90's Integras?

Everyone I've known who's owned one has had numerous electrical problems in them.

And the heat, oh god the heat

I hear they get a bit toasty in the engine bay

>anyone had any experiences with Holden Astras

Rust and synchros going to shit. Just maintain it.

Do not touch a Holden Astra with a 10 ft pole, they are fucking lemons.

Oh yeah, i was dumping OP pictures before 4chins died last night

The only good Astra is a Pulsar in drag.

>Finally get time to pull gearbox
>literally fucking floods

>working near a river

i literally just bought a new toolbox and everything :(

i live on a hill and icant even set foot outside its so wet mud

Last one, im bored now.

Even the weather works against you.

>"Fuck's sake, Fatcunt."

a poster on here has plenty of experience. you could've asked him if he was still alive.

youtube.com/watch?v=ObDkWUm10OQ

\fug

do want

that poor LJ :'(

bogans should be castrated

gumtree.com.au/s-ad/hillbank/cars-vans-utes/1996-holden-commodore-sedan/1119950787

good idea for a p-plate car? had a shitbox corolla but the engine died so I've started parting it out

how much should i offer on it?

cheers cunts

>Sorry, this ad is not available

Welcome to my life

try reloading, still up for me

Nevermind it has decided to load now, thanks gumtree.

Looks alright from the pics, would check the head isnt warped/cracked as a radiator is like $200 so its a bit weird that he wouldn't just replace it. If he gets weird about you driving i would walk away.

PS looks like its had a shunt up the back, also check condition of trans fluid/ensure its had a flush or service during its life as the 4L60E is a garbage gearbox and towing with them will reduce the life drastically. If its a factory-fit towbar it should have a trans-cooler.

>Want to apply for CFA or cops
>Applications not open

Depressed as fuck need to do something excited.

What job should I look for / apply for?

That's an LC you nimrod. How could you have sympathy for a subject when you don't even know what it is?

>contact guy on Gumtree about buying some parts
>say I'd like to get them as soon as possible and can come to him anytime despite hour long drive
>two hours plus to respond to text messages

top quality song for you lads

youtube.com/watch?v=ykW4rtW2eu0

Are they even around anymore?
I haven't heard about them in years

should I get a 1999 wrx for $14000AUD?

....one owner. some mods.

I'm thinking 10 grand

Aren't the late 90s ones the model with the weak gearboxes that are starting to get heaps cheaper now?

way too much

unless it's an sti with super low k's and looked after... even then still pushing it

Just bought an Audi TT, pretty much everything modded. Don't know to much about getting it road worthy. Just by looking, what would I need to get done to get an RWC

>being a copycat and buying a TT like jimmy did

carsales.com.au/private/details/Subaru-Impreza-1999/SSE-AD-4155709/?Cr=5

link to it.

one owner.

Jimmy pls

This isn't the one that's had r8 interior parts put in it is it?

First time being on this board, so most likely not.

Would not have a clue who jimmy is

>mfw license plate is finance
Damn it Jimmy your centrelink bucks won't be able to keep up with the payments.

eh okay it's alright

but he's asking too much, he probably knows he aint gonna sell for that much but just put 14k as a starter

talk him down and get it

There was one that looked like this that had random r8 parts put in it and all sorts of weird ricey shit done to it. The car sales ad had me in tears

Or the maintenance.

Nah, mine is pretty much all stock interior.
Just few things changed like the body kit, turbo, sprint booster, wheels and suspension

I just want to know where the side scoops feed to.

Seems pretty pricey and the kms are getting up there

9 grand? 10?

they lead nowhere

9 a bit cheeky

i'd say it's worth 10k but he might not go lower than 11k

the wrx carsales ad?

10K is worth it though?

newb to wrx. wanted to get a sportivo

No the car sales ad for the r8 I was thinking of, I'll see if I can find the screen caps I took

TT*

yeah m8

pls don't get a sportivo

reposting now that we're slightly active

good idea for a p-plate car? had a shitbox corolla but the engine died so I've started parting it out

how much should i offer on it?

cheers cunts

will i be able to notice if the heads we're cracked or warped myself. just something you would visually notice

had a quick look on gumtree and theres radiators with warranty for $60 which i could get a mate to help me change, seems a bit dodgy that he hasn't just done this himself though yeah?

Sup cunts, how do I know if my cars been chipped/tuned? All my cars got is an exhaust, no intake or whatever and it's meant to make around 120rwkW from factory. Doubt an exhaust alone makes this much difference but if the car's not chipped I'd be a fuckwit not to chip it.

What car?
>open ECU
>look at internals
>if one says "extreme turbo power chip" it's probably been chipped

not Veeky Forums approved?

inspiring?

it either this corolla sportivo or a 1999 wrx

What does a "chip" even do?

I was under the presumption the best way to alter the fuelling of an engine was with either a piggyback or standalone ECU.

cop bait/10

if you have to get a commo or falcon, get one that looks less hoony. stock white and low tint

Corolla is better on fuel, insurance and is probably less likely to be stolen.

WRX is faster, more tuneable and AWD.

Apples and oranges really.

>not buying a bright red Sportivo

>4k

Daihatsu Charade with mods

jeez, what car?
30kw increase over stock engine power at the wheels from just an exhaust and a tune seems pretty crazy
how does she run?

but uleh, i need to be fully hektik

thanks.

and

are you saying I should ... or not get a red sportivo?

AU3 XR6
Runs very smooth and quiet has the typical VCT rumble/lope, had only done 170,000 when I got it and been taking care of it.

Chips a piggy back without the dyno tuning, just preset changes to the fuel map off the shelf.

You should, imo.

Also the WRX 5 speed is known for being weak so if it's been thrashed you might possibly end up dumping money into a rebuilt transmission or swapping in an STi six speed.

>you will never date those twins before they became famous
they were so cute

why a red corolla sportivo?

they stand out.

Changing a radiator is a piece of piss m8, hour job if you're retarded.
Just ask to take it for a test drive and actually give it a bit. If you've got the cash there ready to buy they shouldn't have any issues with you testing it a bit

lady wants 9 grand for it.

See if she'll knock off $500 for a bit of cunny lungy

Where's the ECU on an AU? Passenger kick panel like the good ol' XF?

hell no, you can get way better for 9k

Rip my front suspension, pulls to the left when I brake and pretty sure the lower control arm is clunking under braking. Brakes need to be done too, may as well fefurbish the whole front

>bushings
>ball joints
>bearings
>brakes
>check steering rack components

Am I missing anything?

Go buy an R33 GTST and use the change to buy yourself some Everlast shorts and Nike caps

lol

Seriously considering buying pic related. Anything I need to look out for when owning one of these? Is it arguably superior to a first-gen WRX?

Might as well do your rod ends while you're there

Indicator fluid.

You should look out for a
W A G O N
A
G
O
N

Remember that every single one of them has had the piss flogged out of it by Subaru fanboys. Make sure you can test drive it and try to find some speed bumps and listen for knocks. Shopping for a mate a while back and all the subarus we looked at had neglected suspension

is that a falcon?

was probably a rusted out piece of shit before whoever owns it now did that to it.

it is an LC btw.

are you me?

my front end is fucked, needs all bushings replaced and seriously considering parking it due to how expensive its going to be

very good cars, only complaint mine had was fucked valve stem seals, so my only advice is to make sure the engine is stone cold when the owner starts it

Thanks mates. I hear the 5 speeds in the Impreza are notoriously weak - is the same true for the Liberty? I thought they had the same motor / transmission. Owner reckons it needs a new water pump too, anyone know how tough of a job that is on a Subi?

Yeah see

water pump is a fucked job for those EJ22's, particulary because iirc the pumps are pretty much mounted inline with the crankshaft.

Its at the bottom of the engine, with no working room, and you have to take a million individuals pieces of shit off the engine and great patience to replace it

The impreza's have the same boxer layout however they are slightly different. If you dont thrash the gearboxes they are generally fine

Righto. I've got a mechanically-minded mate with a wrecked '99 WRX STI who should be willing to sell me the motor and transmission for cheap to swap into it at some point, any major issues with the driveline out of those?

dunno, never mixed and matched subie engines before. They should fit, cant think why they wouldn't. Depending if the gearbox on your friends engine is an AWD or FWD would affect what you buy, as its extra effort converting a FWD shell into an AWD setup for the gearbox or vice versa. If his is an AWD gearbox, try to get an AWD car in the first place

I think my car might be a 500 and a weekend job, might chuck in some stiffer bushings to help balance the handling

Had a bone stock awd auto liberty for my first car. if the kms are close to a 100 thou km interval do the timing belt because it's something you have to pull out to get to the water pump anyway, or pic related will fuck your shit up. it's piss easy to do if you take the radiator out