/edg/scg/ In a dangerous land, Elite Citizens war with the Stars Episode #57

Polaris Edition - Part III

Last thread: __________________________________
>Elite: Dangerous information:
pastebin.com/ZT9GWmaC

>Gamescom info
community.elitedangerous.com/eventseason16
heise.de/newsticker/bilderstrecke/bilderstrecke_3298445.html?back=3298273
gamestar.hu/gamescom/elite-dangerous-horizons-2-2-guardians-update-gamescom-2016-frissites-ujdonsagok-215519.html
>Latest videos
youtube.com/user/FrontierDevelopments/videos

robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15451-Gamescom-2016-Details
youtube.com/watch?v=GucYhhLwIxg

Citizencon countdown:
>timeanddate.com/countdown/launch?p0=137&iso=20161009T15&msg=CitizenCon '16

>Current update
>Next update?
PTU mid/late October "Maybe" rumours persist it is with evocati now.
Latest ATV:
youtube.com/watch?v=soR5XR5Sybc

Referral code randomize:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WNKNAuruiI1p5XGPjtVi_uwi8wPmuEYawOKQuhRXfdw/edit#gid=953337098

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BwK4R1pvHTQ
youtube.com/watch?v=ZfwyAlGHpTQ
robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15526-Galactic-Tour-s-Dogfighter-Of-The-Year
archive.is/zjDLL
robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/spectrum-dispatch/14596-OPNET-Manned-Turrets
robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14008-Aegis-Gladius-Declassified
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

first for

>tfw no sc
>tfw no bannerlord
>drakeIP will rule the space

>fuck dads
>fuck furries

>SC release 2020

1st for BEST speederbike

Best ship.

Tastiest ship

>race countdown starts
>engines at full power waiting

>youtube.com/watch?v=BwK4R1pvHTQ

Which ship is the best racer?

I'll be visiting F42 Frankfurt again late October, this time hopefully without the 30min time limit due to RTV preparations.

>Best ship

But that's wrong

>Tastiest ship
But that's also wrong

Best ship coming through, with the Behring Space Shoping Mall with Bar module added.

Thanks for the blog update, dude.

>Best ship

Please like and subscribe.

I would tell you to ask some questions but since Citizencon will be in the meantime I think that's useless at the moment

>void bomber
>100m long

Hmm, since when do the Vanduul use the metric system?

That's ok too

youtube.com/watch?v=ZfwyAlGHpTQ

Damn afterburners widening the gap

M50 is most enjoyable though

You can just go there and check out all the stuff they are working on?

Vanduul have very little gene mutations. They average out at very close to 2 meters, it makes sense they would design their ships to be "50 vanduul long".

1/9th Vanduul
1/6th Vanduul
1/3rd Vanduul
1/1 Vanduul

B-but we use it...

Why is flying behind someone so comfy?

>tfw no BFF wingmen to fly with and protect in missions

since they discovered the length of a terran meridian

Yes, just need to make an appointment through support.

You need to give them a headsup and ask for permission via Customer service then sign a NDA, but yes you can.

He's probably some completionist package nutter or something

user, anyone ask can to go for an office tour. They organize one a month iirc

22nd for best ship

Aren't Vanduul salvagers? Perhaps getting all that human technology made them adapt to human standards.
Or it's a rounded number

I thought it was called Earth?

You'll melt it for the Hurricane.

if it's an exploration ship... why is it next to a fucking city.

here we go again bois

>what is R&R, refueling, restocking, and selling data?

Earth, Terra, what's the difference?
You say tomato, I say solanum lycopersicum.

For fuck's sake, that Kotaku article is actually really informative and well structured without showing any obvious bias, how is that even possible?

but it's just like... next to a mountain. not a cryastro or a garage or something

robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15526-Galactic-Tour-s-Dogfighter-Of-The-Year
>Sabre vs Delta

link

Maybe it's fitted for surveillance. Or maybe they're outlaws.

Best ship Anvil Hurricane coming through.

archive.is/zjDLL
It's a wall of text though

if they're outlaws or surveillance engineers why are they within sight of the city rather than like 200,000 miles away with a telescope

radar and scanning exist

So when the inevitable Empire of Earth vs Terran Seperatist Civil war breaks out, which side will Silias pledge his army of light fighter Deltas to?

>there's a fucking manned turret at the chin
of course there is
why wouldnt there be one

really shows the power of the terrapin's scanner, doesn't it?

That thing looks like a F1 car without wheels and spoiler. And it reminds me of that autistic fucknugget on RSI who's pretending to be retarded.

#mannedTurretsLivesMatter

Please be fake...

I'm trent. It's the longest running troll gag I've ran in a long time and 99% of people believe it.

robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/spectrum-dispatch/14596-OPNET-Manned-Turrets
*physically operated turret

That's one of the TNGS entries that lost to the Rememer.

Octuple rack confirmed?

Posting lewd turret gif

From the simplest dumbfire warhead to the most advanced friend-or-foe missile, your ordnance needs to be stored somewhere. New Behring missile racks are the first step in an upcoming update to Star Citizen’s expendable munitions.

DUMB FIRE FINALLY OH FUCK YES

kys

>We’re also locking down the details for some exciting community events that we have planned for CitizenCon

Vanduul Swarm challenge for the Stinger?

FPS challenge for exclusive armor?

Help the Herald for Polaris preview?

>tfw no best TNGS

I pronounce it as Ghif, how do you pronounce it? Yiff? Fucking fur faggot kys

>Help the Herald
Not again. Please.

HELP THE HERALD HELP THE HERALD HELP THE HERALD HELP THE HERALD HELP THE HERALD HELP THE HERALD HELP THE HERALD HELP THE HERALD HELP THE HERALD HELP THE HERALD HELP THE HERALD HELP THE HERALD HELP THE HERALD HELP THE HERALD

Is that an EVE titan model or something?

what the fuck, stop sniffing glue

Focus on it, you need to concentrate to help release the herald from it's personal hell

HNNNNGHH

I am a terrapin man, but that interior is comfy

You're NOT HELPING THE HERALD HARD ENOUGH

DataDANKS

Look what you've done now. The Herald is so self confident in it's sexiness and utlity you made it collapse in on it's self and form a blackhole.

GOOD JOB.

today's RTV

Todays show was hosted by Brian Chambers and featured two guests: Ben Dare, Senior Level Designer and Ivo Herzeg, Lead Animation Engineer
Ben’s job is to create unique and interesting environments for Star Citizen with a focus on modularity
The satellite concept took about a month from start to finish and is currently in the hands of the concept art team before Ben can start creating stations with the new method.
There will be three main types: Defence, Communication, and Science which can be configured in a variety of different shapes and sizes.
They will have interiors that will vary in size and shape.
Satellites will be destructible to an extent with modules being able to be damaged or hacked from the inside to disable certain systems with viruses. They’re still talking about whether or not they’ll be completely destructible.
Depending on the satellite, there will be automated defence systems, especially if its a military satellite.
At this time, satellites will not be player controlled, but in the future that’s something they would like to do.
Ivo Herzeg’s job started 12 years ago making animation tech for CryEngine and he’s still doing it now, making sure the game has the animation tech it needs.
The Unified Rig is important because it reduces the amount of animations needs and allows them to be shared. For example when he worked on Crysis 2, they had 1200 animations for guns compared to 50 for Star Citizen with the Unified Rig.
It also allows them to add physics to each joint in the body making the characters fully physicalized.
The head stabilisation isn’t done yet and will be iterated on constantly in the future, but it’s in a good place now.
The head stabilisation technique used was influenced by a chicken walking video Ivo Herzeg found after their first solution failed and that was the starting point for where the system is now.

>10% of Idris QTM fuel to jump to just uranus

wew rad

>Track valuable target, have nothing on board
>NPC FDL shows up
>HOLY FUCK ARE THOSE LIMPET? INTERDICKY DICK DICK
>SURRENDER YOUR LIMPET OR I SHOT U
>Murder the fuck out of it
FD, fucking fix your shit

Placeholder obviously but if fuel isn't important 'carrier fighter' is going to be such a non-disadvantage/issue

visionned

Idris is mainy a carrier because the UEE Gladius has other tech in place of it's jumpdrive and isn't FTL capable.

>The decommissioning process has also made room for civilian standard upgrades such as jump drives.

>robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14008-Aegis-Gladius-Declassified

Yeah but

>While not outfitted for long range runs, the Hornet can take her share of hits…

Like what's the point in the "deep space" Vanguard if anything can go anywhere?

Vanguard can do multi-system travels without refueling, so it can go behind enemy lines and attack. Hornet and Gladius are both carrier based short range fighters and need to stop off at refueling stations more often if operating without carriers.

Supposedly, NPCs don't recognize limpets when scanning for cargo but I don't trust anything Ftroop says.

>be in Vulture
>dont have Horizons so no Engineers
>doing some missions for a faction, generally just taking it easy
>get interdicted by some NPC in a FAS
>but i have no cargo- oh wait, i guess i picked up some engineer commodities from doing missions
>whatever, i dont feel like dealing with this faggot, just want to get back to my starport
>dump all my cargo out for him, engie commodities are absolutely useless even for selling
>he acknowledges that i dumped my cargo and tells me to get lost
>as soon as i jump back to SC, hes back on my ass asking for my cargo as if nothing happened

The game just does whatever the fuck it wants to, really.

y'know, when I clicked the vote button I half expected to see the delta mysteriously in the lead somehow.

At least I'll finally be able to get that kartul-al to sabre ccu.

and it's even worse when you are already busy tracking an NPC, and then his retarded interdiction deletes the valuable NPC you were following.

rip probably useless space spikes

>80% to 20%

B-but the dumbfire rockets

>He posted the regular plebstang

Go to your corner and think about what you've done

How many levels of vision are you on?

last time I tried to use them, They couldn't hit a ship floating dead in space at 300 meters. They just passed right through it

it would be nice if npc's would actually randomly scan you and then decide if you're worth going after

kinda like they do at nav beacons

could it be the game was designed for instant FSD jumps with the nav beacon as a hub, and supercruise was tacked on at the last minute for alpha 4?

>Sabre """pilots"""

And of course, i have to wait for the NPCs to jump to a lawless system because if you get a 200 cr bounty you instantly get a fuckhuge anaconda fleet on your ass

What is the influence of missile hacks in the size of the weapons that i will be able to load in determined hardpoint?

Even with fixed shields the ship would still wreck shit. It's 90% of the Gladius' speed, agility, and missiles combined with 90% of the Super Hornet's firepower.

This'll be fixed with item 2.0 that makes components produce the shield rather than the ship's xml

It'll still be a good SH counter

Noobship with extra pair of guns vs sexy fighter ship

gee, i wonder who will win!

ACKSHUALLY the sabre isn't the one to be scared of

I'll believe it when either of those ships are ever a threat

would shipping hutton mugs to jacques be a good way to kill myself?

>Glavie
Wrong

Ship Hutton mugs to Canopus. Much more profit that way.

sorry, user, but best Anvil coming through

>Carrack
The Terrapin: "I have friends" edition

>modular satellite: one german work-month
>procedural planet: two german work-month
>head bob: fixed by germans

Why do we need Austin and Santa Monica studio again?