When is someone going to start selling restomodded 80's and 90's Japanese cars...

When is someone going to start selling restomodded 80's and 90's Japanese cars? I could totally picture selling Wangan inspired Z32s, BNR32s, RX7s, MK3 Supras all restored and modded with sourced and restored period correct mods, aero, and wheels. I think the market is getting close for something like that to be viable as the market for 80's and 90's Japanese cars continues to climb a long with the insane amount of money being dumped into some of the builds being put together today.

Also 90's dump.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HB6DoW77OaA
cyriousgarageworks.com/build-ae86-full-restoration-the-process/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

i'd love to have a resto modded 3000gt vr4 that weighs 3000lbs and has a better interior

i wonder how much that would cost...

Nismo Omori already sells restorations and mods for the Skyline GT-R. I was quoted 100k for a full on restoration to 0 mile condition on an R33 GTR.

Agreed. I think they're very underrated cars. I'd love to have a chance to own one for a while.

They're shit

Dandy JZA70 owned by Nao Yokoyama.
Extremely capable Wangan weapon.

Hence, "for a while." I still thing it'd be a fun car to spend some time in.

Can FWD wangan race?

youtube.com/watch?v=HB6DoW77OaA

See: Also I feel like in traditional highspeed, highway runs a DC2 Integra would be one of the better suited chassis's due to the improved aero and relatively long wheelbase compared to other 90's FWD sports cars.

>"My cousin Joe had like sixteen of these and they were all broke. And it's slower around a track than the NSX. Literally cannot compete."

Nah fwd sucks and is for cucks. It was a joke post idiots

>riding the bus this hard

why don't you do it yourself instead of constantly expecting someone else to do what you want.

Proud owner of this turd

Implying you wouldn't turn your sw20 into a fighter jet.

oops thumbnail

Then why are all the cars picked by tuners and everyone's dream car is RWD or AWD? idiot

Hell yeah, are those Volk GTPs?

yeah bro, just got them from a mate the other day. Sadly no centre caps and lots of rash, but they're still sick

Baby fighter jet.

Totally dude. I really want to hunt down a set for my sw20. Or a set of Impul RS Hoshino Racing.

There's a company in Canada, Cyrious Garageworks that restomods AE86s, another one in Japan too that restomods and sells some.

There are enough aftermarket aswell as OEM parts for you to do it yourself. Learning how to weld, you could cut out the rust, weld in new patches and bondo that shit.

cyriousgarageworks.com/build-ae86-full-restoration-the-process/

fucking
fuck
YES
90s Japanese sports cars are my fetish
I would love to 2jz swap a mk3 supra someday. I'll pull one from a low mileage Lexus, apply turbo, and rip mad skidz everymotherfuckingwhere

That's really bad ass.
I personally am not interested in being a car that's been restomodded as would like to build it myself, I'm just fantasizing about the idea of turning it into a profitable business, where I'd get paid to build period correct 80's and 90's monsters.

>his dream car isn't a 1.3L diesel Fiat Punto

My mate actually bought them for his SW20 originally, they looked mint. 17x8 and 17x9 so perfect sizes. Shame he's a lazy cunt and got rid of his SW20 instead of fixing it.

I had an SW20 too, before the Skyline, and I had 16 inch Volk group Cs on it. Looked pretty trick. I miss that car

>Non GTE 2jz from a gs300

You need a GTE from an Aristo.

I'd love to have a 1UZ in a MKII Supra.

>what is Spoon
>what is Mugen
>what is Bisimoto

The pressure to not fuck up and deliver would get to me, it's different when you're expected to deliver when you're working on someone else's car imo

My friend has two of these; a base model and a vr4. They're both money pits buy at least the base model is currently running.

I hope you can fix the car yourself because mitsubishi abandons their old cars and you're going to have to be a part of facebook groups dedicated to this car if you really need something.

You need to really love this car

That's bad ass. it's so much harder to find good sizing for sw20s over here in the states. Well really the hard part is not paying an arm and a leg to import wheels.

Here's a pic of my 93 sw20. It's a pretty basic set up: Greddy intercooler kit, Type S blow off, Profec B Spec 2, 3" downpipe and exhuast, Koni adjustable Dampeners with poly bushings and motor mounts, and Porterfield RS4 pads. Wheels and suspension are next on the list.

What is that?

fucks sake...

Hahaha, sa22c

Oh man, a 1UZ would be fun too.

I'd also like to do an electric conversion, but that's a totally different ball game.

Thats pretty cool. Do you know how much it would cost to get an R34 done like that? And do they set the odometer back to zero?

Asking cuz where I live you can only import brand new/30 year old cars

The cost would likely be similar. The odometer is unlikely to be zeroed as even if the chassis is refurbished with reinforcing welds and a total repaint it's still not "new".

Time is running out though as far as I can tell, Nissan is letting inventory run out on parts and they don't have any real plans to restock. They still sell completely new RB26s, but there are only 3 left based on what I've seen recently. Other parts are slowly running out as well.

fuckin FC's are so hot

>being this much of a nocar

>Z32s
>fast enough to be part of the Mid Night Club

But how?

4 u

>tfw no 20B-swapped FC3S

>period correct mods
>wanting turbo lag
meh

Period correct Cosmetics and wheels are fine but to go full autismo and get 90's tyres and shitty mods is stupid

>not wanting a moment of nothing before the surge of power hits and scares the shit out of your passengers

Looks like something a spic would drive with all that shiny chrome.

It's called a v8 try it sometime

No spics in Aus, m8. And I daresay that FC is a little meaner than a Celica with a fake carbon fiber GT wing bolted onto the bootlid.

You'd know, Fatcunt. Soon as you get into a V8 Commy half the cylinders would seize up and you'd be sitting in a 5.7l inline 4 skid chariot.

That sucks but what else is Nismo going to do if the stuff they need to work on old Skylines no longer exists? Im sure that will put quite the dent on Nismos revenues.

You seem to know whats up, so is there any way of getting Nismo to sell you an R32/3/4 with factory miles on it? Maybe if you throw enough money at them they'll make an one-off custom? This has always been a personal curiosity of mine given how crazy prices are getting, it might be cheaper to just order from Nismo instead of paying half a million for a Z-Tune.

Slow

yeah nah, you're a shitcunt

It's hard to say what will actually happen but they have been slowly discontinuing parts as well. You have to source a vehicle in Japan in decent condition and it must be registered in Japan for Nismo to work on it. They don't sell cars either, for their demo cars they go to the used market and search for a clean example before doing a total teardown and rebuild.

Nismo may be able to source some parts from various suppliers in the future but I have no doubt that it'll be an expensive proposition, nothing nismo does is cheap and in a lot of cases they just rebrand Japanese tuner parts. I would realistically only use them for big jobs that no one else can really do.

The trouble with the Skyline GT-R is that Nissan doesn't really understand that the demand spike for parts that is coming with the 15 and 25 year rule in North America.

You could get quite a few Z Tune parts from Nismo but they deliberately limit some to Z Tune owners only. The closest you're going to get is the Clubman Racer spec which actually has a few new parts but it's missing things like the titanium exhaust and custom steering wheel. I honestly don't believe the Z Tune is all that special though, you can source alternate parts and make something better than the Z Tune.

If you talk to the experienced importers on the Japanese side of things their universal suggestion will be to try and pay more upfront for a good car so there is less need to strip the entire car apart and rebuild everything. They will still suggest complete fluid flush and replacing all rubber components if possible though.

i've started collecting 80's mods n shit.

factory roof racks
factory car bra
period correct after market radio

just need some nice wheels

>Fairledy

Bumping a good thread.

BIG OL HONKIN TARBOS
mine's pushin 550whp, it's doable
>in the early 1990's
Unsure

Can we expect the aftermarket to pick up on where Nissan is slacking? Whats the status on parts for even older Nissans like the R31 or the KPGC series?

So most Nismo parts are just rebranded stuff? Damn man, are there any performance parts they developed themselves or do they only make cosmetic modifications?

>tfw no Cosmo

Someone on this board has more pictures of eccentric toyota man, and I want them now.

Some things are Nismo-developed. Their GT intake plenum was made in-house and balances flow across all 6 cylinders. They also made things like the Z-Tune carbon fiber hood, fenders, and other bodywork. The carbon air box and other CF pipes are also Nismo developed, as is the 3.916 final drive gear set. But in a lot of cases things like the titanium front tower bar were rebranded Mine's parts for a while.

The aftermarket is already starting to pick up the slack in cases like the ATTESSA g sensors but small parts like various trim pieces are really up to Nissan to support. The one solace we have is that Nissan was doing a LOT of parts sharing across all vehicles at the time so things like steering wheels are shared across the R33 series 2/3 and R34 Skylines among others. The R32 GT-R shared brakes with the Fairlady Z cars and a whole lot of other parts I can't name off-hand.

However I wouldn't be surprised to discover that things like bumpers and other GT-R exclusive parts are going to slowly go away unless Nissan/Nismo can justify the business case of restarting parts production to last another 5-10 years. I suspect that given the deep interest in the R34 GT-R that Nissan or Nismo will be able to figure something out but Asian companies are often seriously retarded in this regard. Porsche is still stocking parts for the 993 and companies like Ferrari still make almost every part that goes into an F40.

Well good to know that at least some of their mechanical bits are "true" Nismos. It really always felt like Nismo was just slapping their cool logo onto something that is okay-tier and selling for a shitload of money.

I guess that Nissan, being a "people's car" carmaker, never really expected one of their cars to become truly legendary vehicles. Eventually Porsche and Ferrari realized what was happening and adapted accordingly (Porsches Vintage Radios with modern features comes to mind) but they're "premium" manufacturers if you know what I'm saying. Seeing a bad one on the road ends up tarnishing the whole brand.

Ferrari has pretty much every single part they've ever made in a digital catalog and available on demand afaik. Its quite impressive and one of the reasons they're still desirable even several years after production is over if you ask me.

The question is how quickly Nissan will realize that a poorly mantained R32/3/4 ends up hurting the brand a little bit, doubly so because you stopped making the god damned parts for it, given how incredibly popular those vehicles are.

bump

Why wasn't this car more popular