Tell me why I shouldn't buy a Camaro 1LT 1LE

Tell me why I shouldn't buy a Camaro 1LT 1LE.

>god tier chassis
>revvy (7200RPM) V6 with 335hp and a decent exhaust note
>not light, but definitely not pigfat at 3400ish pounds or so
>great handling/brakes, up to 0.99g of cornering
>under 40k CAD, with $1000 off for military discount because GM
>good enough performance that I can handle it unmodded until warranty runs out (unlike the 86 twins)

I'll start with the obvious

>can't see shit captain
>looks like a riced Hotwheels car

Any other reasons?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Qrs0oa-XIV4
youtube.com/watch?v=_iOpOtxufko
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Ummm...it doesnt look as good as the mustang?

I like chevys though, I say go for it.

Have you gotten in and out of one op?
Not even memeing. Getting in and out of a 5th gen is like climbing the great wall of china. I can only imagine doing it every day.

350z for half the price

I'd prefer a Mustang GT with the Perf. Pack since I'm more a Ferd guy, but I can't justify acquiring something worth that much on my current paycheck.

youtube.com/watch?v=Qrs0oa-XIV4

The V6 really does sound great in my opinion. kinda makes me hungry for a smaller V6 powered Miata/Toyobaru competitor.

Doubt GM will ever do it but it is missed potential as this is a great engine.

But Ford's performance package doesn't do much... certainly nowhere near as much as Chevy's 1LE package.

Go for it OP. It's glorious.

The 2016+ Camaro's do not share a SINGLE part with the 2010-2015 5th gen Camaro's.

I could get used to that sound. How does dual-mode exhaust work? Quiet mode and Douche mode?

>makes me hungry for a smaller V6 powered Miata/Toyobaru competitor

We need another pic related

There's an electronically controlled butterfly valve in the exhaust. Activate the dual mode exhaust and it opens up the butterflys.

>32k dollars for a V6

HOLY HELL YES! We need another Fiero!
I found this rendering of what a modern Fiero would look like. mmmmm...

It's basically a 370Z NISMO, but under 40k instead of nearly 50k, and on a much less dated chassis.

Lol

Get an E46 M3 which features a proper engine. It's an all around better car for less money.

Because you'll get BTFO by an M4 GTS.

C5 corvette better in every single way, half the price.

Or a GT350

>dominated by glorified status symbols and other redneck domestic contraptions
Surely the Camaro won't recover from this?

Wow, BTFO by a 135k car (that's 100k more than mine) I'll probably never see in my life. GM fangirls on suicide watch, kek, etc.

>the M4 GTS costs as much as a GT-R Nismo and Viper ACR, both of which will utterly and completely annihilate it

Get a turbo 4 Mustang

babhaahahahahahhahahahahahaaa

>oh yeah? Well my car might not be good, but it's cheap!
Yeah, you sure showed those krauts.

Oh brah dont get a m4 cuz youll get blown out by a lambo bro.

>BMW beaten by this large list of competitors...
>no GM products to be seen
Sounds right

Because it's not the v8. You're buying a watered down pony car.

>Tell me why I shouldn't buy a Camaro 1LT 1LE.
Because internet memes

Ehhh, I've considered adding it to my watch list, but I'm not really interested

I've heard the engine/exhaust noise is pretty dull, and covered up by fake sound through the speakers. This bothers me, as does the idea of a Turbo-4 in a Mustang. I don't really care about having a non-V8 in the Camaro, since there is no heritage in that car, but the Mustang clearly is calling back to the originals with it's design and interior decorations. Putting anything other than a 5.0L V8 just seems wrong, and I think I'd just be regretting not having the GT within a few years.

As I said, more of a Ford guy.

Camaro owners

The most redneck, bro-ey, machismo subculture outside of lifted trucks

well that answers my question of what they used for a base. If they made it now, it would probably be based on the Evora, but with different styling and GM engines, just like the Opel Speedster and Lotus Elise.

When they announced the 1LE packages, I was all "V8 or die", but I could easily see myself owning a 1LE Camaro.

As much as I love cars, if I got a V8, I'd be tempted to sink loads of money into the engine. I'd rather just have a fun to drive weekend car I don't have to worry about. that doesn't rob me completely in MSRP, too.

But I'm an old fart by Veeky Forums's standards I'd imagine so my sensibilities are different.

That's a nice car, although you could get an older SS or Mustang GT for the price and still have like 8k left.

The GM-Lotus relationship didn't work the first time around, why would it the second?

There's not a massive market for sports/sporty cars, sadly. GM has the Camaro and Corvette to fill it's niches, along with the SS.

There's just not a lot going for an MR revival of a car that isn't fondly remembered.

It's a fancy idea, but I wouldn't go knocking the doors down at GM just yet.

Do it OP
I definitely am looking into this car and its glorious for the price. Highly considering this unless anything better catches my eye.

also
>dat krypton green

a man can only dream....

>not a V8

>slower than a '99-02 LS1 fbody

also
>god tier chassis
>3400ish

>drive trans am and civic hatch

fuck your stereotypes

>It's basically a 370Z NISMO

>camaro v6

nigger what? its basically a rental car

>As much as I love cars, if I got a V8, I'd be tempted to sink loads of money into the engine. I'd rather just have a fun to drive weekend car I don't have to worry about.

then get a stock V8 you fucking retard

what does this even mean

>"if I got a V8, I'd be tempted to sink loads of money into the engine"
>then get a stock V8 you fucking retard
>"if I got a V8"
>get a stock v8
>retard

Your logic confounds me.

>>slower than a '99-02 LS1 fbody
not by much. The V6 Camaro runs 13.5 second 1/4 miles with the 8 speed automatic.

no. The Rental companies will get the base model Camaro 4 cylinder turbo with the 2.0L Ecotec.

meh. Toyota is looking at an MR2 revival. Anyways, if GM did revive the Fiero idea, it wouldn't be called the Fiero. Pontiac is dead so the car would default to Chevrolet where it would either get an all new name or would be called the Corvair.

As much as I hate to bring up lap times, because it starts shitposting, Veeky Forums seems to take them seriously so here you go:

>370Z Nismo around Leguna Seca: 1:46.50
>(5th generation) Camaro SS around Leguna: 1:45.70

And quote from the Chevy press release on the 1LE package:

>"The result delivers better performance in all measures,” said Oppenheiser. “In our development tests, the V-6 Camaro 1LE delivers lap times comparable with the previous-gen V-8 model."

So there you go.

>Alloytec V6
Having the timing chain done will give you cancer.

>13.5

cute
youtube.com/watch?v=_iOpOtxufko

i drive a GM car so i am not biased towards nissan

but
>370z nismo
>or (lol you could of bought a V8) camaro

b-but its fast
>slower than the stock V8

Oh, my bad.

Corvette ZR1 - 7:11
M4 GTS - 7:28

Raped by a car on an 11 year old chassis with no wing lmao

M8

I obviously would buy a V8 Camaro if I could afford it

But you can't expect everyone on Veeky Forums to be able to afford a $45,000 car, on top of the insurance/fuel prices that come with it

>A rival company is saucelessly developing an MR car
>So GM should revive this ill-remembered car from a dead brand by putting in a showroom next to the fucking Camaro, and it will be successful by giving it the name of another ill-remember GM midship car!

No. Maybe, MAYBE if GM does end up making Corvette into a larger sub brand, MAYBE. But it would be a 35k+ base price car easily. And Chebby owners would just go "Muh VeeAte" and it would die just like the Corvair and Fiero did.

That's with the automatic retard. The manuals are faster.

American models with the 3.6L fixed the timing chain issues back in 2009. Is Australia really that far behind?

They were also fixed in 2009 in Ausfaggot land. He's just a buthurt Falcon fanboy that doesn't like his i6 being comfortably outpaced by a smaller V6, se he spouts bullshit.
>inb4 but mah tarbo

>v6
>american muscle

good bye.

>saucelessly

And the Corvair sold extremely well until Ralph Nader stuck his nose where it didn't belong. As to the Fiero, with close to 375,000 built, it is by far the most successful MR car ever built. The Toyota MR2 from 1984 through 2005 sold a worldwide combine ~330,000 units

Actually, no. The Auto 8speed in both the V8 and V6 gets better 0 to 60 times than with the manual trans.

OP here, is the visibility THAT bad?

I'm driving an AW11 right now, which has A-pillars as thick as twigs. I feel like I'll lack confidence if I go from driving a greenhouse to a bunker.

>inb4 why would you sell it

I can only have 1 car and I feel guilty for putting such a rust-free classic through salty winters.

I tried a Camaro and a Mustang to see which which I was going to buy and let me tell you that the memes about visibility are in fact correct.
You can barely see what's in front of you and the blindspots are HUGE, plus you can't comfortably get your hand out of the window as you ride (this is a personal preference though).
Backseats are the worst though.

The Mustang was better in all of these points, specially for visibility.

Although, the Camaro felt better when taking curves.

Also yes, the Camaro has more than likely less visibility than your car.

Where you live user. Looking to buy one.

I own a '16 2SS. Honestly no its not that bad, but I come from driving a 1 ton dually and 40ft gooseneck trailer so I know how to use my mirrors. Yes there is a severe lack of glass the worst is checking your passenger blind spot. You can manage to see through the peep hole fine and the 2SS comes with monitors which I never fully rely on but they do their job fine.

The driver seating position was taken into consideration. You sit low so you look like a meme behind the wheel to outsiders and Veeky Forums but you can see straight out perfectly fine. There's no issue with seeing traffic lights or anything like some people here will meme about.

It goes without saying though "give it a week" I was a bit spooked getting on a highway for the first time but a mile in I don't know where those worries went but it was fucking great after that.

If you get it enjoy it OP though really you should consider the V8 instead, but I can't stop you.

Southern Ontario

Nvm in Cali