ITT: Rare cars

Cars that you spot once in a blue moon. I spotted this rarity on the highway this morning.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UNwpJ9xpAks
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Miata actually, I don't see very many where I live.

I've only ever seen maybe 4 or 5 in the last few years.

>525i
They're rubbish anyway. Especially the M20 version you posted there.

No that model specifically, I mean E34s in general.

No not the BM.

The next day, the benefits of living in the UK, supercars aren't actually all that rare.

Less than half an hour later something actual rare, an NSX.

What car made you the most excited when you saw it?

I saw a 2005 Ford GT once, started sperging like a fucking retard. Honestly the most beautiful car ever made.

>That moment when you start going to all sorts of auto events
>cars stop becoming "rare" to you
>it's now just seeing if the car is well taken care of and appreciating it

I've seen two broken down at the side of the road.

I saw a Fisker Karma in Myrtle Beach at the boardwalk. I had to ask the lady driving it what it was. She was maybe 40, attractive driving around some bloated corpse of a rich old husband. Later I found out the one Road & Track test drove caught fire while parked and burned down.

Lincoln Mark VII.
I bought one without ever seeing one, knowing I wanted it.
Saw one in worse condition driving on the opposite side of the road with the windows down in 103F.

Which is funny because the first thing I did to the car was charge the a/c when I got it.

>"rare cars"

So, a thread of shit that never sold worth a fuck because it's trash, gotcha

Unicorns around here.

I don't have the pic but I saw a Vector W8 in 2010 in Aurora Illinois. Pretty sure that's the rarest car I've ever seen.

>Cars that you spot once in a blue moon

Cadillac
Genesis
Chevrolet Malibu
Honda S2000
BRZ/GT86
Mitsubishi Eclipse (any)
Opel GT
Lancia Thesis and Flavia

Not many of these beauties left on the road.

Holy shit where'd you find that gem? Rumour has it you can only find them in Bankstown or Broad Meadows

Lexus LFA is probably the rarest i've seen.

My god i wish they were still being made.

I saw a GT once when I was in my mustang. We were both pulling onto the same road from two different directions and then we were both going two different directions at the next intersection. Threw him a thumbs up, he threw me one back and then we both lit up tires taking our respective turns in opposite directions.

It was pretty bitchin

I have yet to see an older rotary in the road. I'd like to own one. Looks classy as fuck.

Faggot

HELP ME GUYS

" I've been in post office today and they said it's kinda normal for English packages to be late for week or two. "
is this correct spelling?

Sorry for shitposting.

Well I was trying to be classy and leave out the part where we met up later and took turns sucking each other off in our cars. Definitely easier in the mustang, if only slightly. The whole ordeal gave me a lot of respect for miata owners knowing that they put up with those sort of short-on-room, big-on-homolust situations every day and handle it like champs.

" I've been to the post office today and they have said it's kind of normal for English packages to be a week or two late. "

THX BRO

>I was in the post office today and they said it's kinda normal for English packages to be a week or two [weeks] late

Sure. Whatever floats your boat.

These are super common around here in the summer. Boomers fucking .love them

>Cadillac
>Genesis
>Chevrolet Malibu
>Mitsubishi Eclipse (any)
where do you live?
those are all dime a dozen here

I used to work at a race track so it's kinda cheating

But ive seen a
Pagani Zonda
Lexus LFA
Noble m12
And even saw a Lamborghini sesto elemento

He's clearly a European so I would expect American luxury cars like Cadillac to be rather rare

Im seeing less and less PT Cruisers. I think timing belts are finally destroying the last of them.

Guess What I'm working on right now?

wtf? My town has like 5000 people and there's at least 10 of them including mine.

I've seen one of these driving around in my town a couple of different times. The weird part is that I live in southern Indiana.

>super cars on a island

I've seen 2 DeLoreans in my life and those made me super excited.

Another hype moment I had was when I saw 2 Lamborghinis in a week. Strangely enough one of them had a Montana plate and I live in Virginia.

some cars i've spotted within the last few months

>nsx
>rare
About as rare as a mk4 supra, you're funny user

stock and turbo, sounded like auto though

first time I see an amg wagon

Kek

Reminds me of my old tbird. Hats off to you.

MR2

hey I see an MK4 supra like once in a year it's quite rare

They're everywhere in southern Virginia, there were 2 in my trailer park I grew up in, one n/a, white and shitty, other was maroon, turbo, gold badges. quite a few R32 and r33s around also, all right hand drive.
I couldn't leave my house in medina county in Ohio without seeing atleast one nsx, they are fucking everywhere.
In Tomah Wisconsin? Plenty or R35s, a couple of supras, and seen 2 NSX's
Only been here for 3 weeks.

YES!!! I just had a silver 840 parked on my block for two days. I don't think I've seen more than three in my lifetime.

Rare as fuck

Not a classic man but this was quite nice.

Genuinely thinking of getting one of these. How are you liking it?

Lol I live next to medina county, you're full of shit

I still see them quite commonly. Not that I mind.

I once saw an Enzo on a class trip to Quebec City, we were supposed to be watching a historic something or other and I was at the back with some friends talking when it went by, we waited until it was nearly out of sight before yelling "holy shit a Ferrari Enzo" to cause maximum disruption

I love the brick wall grile

>tfw someone saved my photo

i miss that car.

it's odd going through a thread and seeing something that once belonged to you. almost feels like an old ex, in a way.

where do you live?

I've seen these quite often, though that's likely because I'm originally from one of the more affluent suburbs of Chicago, so you'd see all kinds of rare stuff. There were still some oddballs, though.

For instance, this. The driver actually stopped me on the street once and asked me how to get to Spencer's. One of the weirdest things ever.

I used to see one over by where I worked for a long-ass time. Never after winter 2015-2016, though.

Aside from the guy at the Chicag/o/ meetup, I've yet to see one in person.

For the longest time, I saw one of these for sale in a fucking driveway. I'm cursing myself for not getting pictures.

I've seen a lot of weird and rare things, couple DMC-12s, Lambos, Ferraris, Astons, Bentleys, NG 9-5s, old Jags, a couple of Triumph TRs, and even a Citroën DS Pallas with the swiveling headlights, but the rarest thing I've ever seen?

A hand-restored, rust-free MG A. With a trailer.

ive only ever seen one Audi Coupe in Oregon

Honestly where I live in South Texas common drift cars like 240s and rx-7s are pretty rare. I saw a NA1 NSX once years ago and never saw it again. There's one or two Skylines here but I've only seen a R34. Third gen Preludes are rare around here too but I own one so eh. There's some Lamborghinis here but I think most of the time they're kit cars.

Webm I made for you

Does yours have the dreaded no dashlights/front marker lights problem that mine has? Working on sorting mine out recently.

In the words of Mr. Regular, "it's what would happen if Calvin and Hobbes designed a car." Get one, you will not regret it. Even if it's a cheaper one that needs work. You will not be disappointed.

I actually borrowed your placement of the Eurobeat sticker.. I'm sorry she is no longer with you, user.

Alpine A610

1997 Toyota Camry

Spirit R

Mitsubishi Minica

Koenigsegg CCX

Alfa Romeo Montreal

P1

My sparky mate wanted some work done at the factory he's turning into a car museum. Found his latest purchase under this sheet.

Pantera

Saw this qt yesterday.

An early 70s Formula 5000. Paid $700,000 for the car, $10,000 to have it shipped from the UK to Australia and another $20,000 for that trailer you can see in the background.

Some Hakosukas

V12 Vantage

i have yet to see a single miata irl

>implying this car could beat a civic with a few simple mods

I used to see two different ones all the time in my area - I didn't even realize they were kinda rare until years later. Also, have a nice video:
youtube.com/watch?v=UNwpJ9xpAks

>About as rare as a mk4 supra, you're funny user
I've never seen either of those IRL. But then again, I've also never seen a Ford F150, so what do I know.

[Country Golf somewhat related]

Hm. Now that I think about it, I've never seen one of these out and about

Same. My coworker's kids go to a middle school up north of cincy and apparently Pac man Jones's wife drops her kids off at school in one

There was a rusty yellow one for sale about 3 weeks ago near me. It was the first time I ever saw one irl
I should of looked into it sooner, it got sold like 2 days later

my gf took these pics yesterday

the quality is horrid

Terrible pic but got a Viper on an adjacent street while walking my dogs.

I live in PA and I've seen four in PA. I own two of them, and one other guy down the road from me owns two of them. And that's it. We each have one parts car and one good car.
It gets so many looks when I'm out driving because no one has any idea what it is except for a few car guys.

Never seen am unmodified 2g gsx in my life.

I'm in the UK and I've literally seen like 3 Cadillacs here
Surprisingly one Escalade

Where do you live where a fucking Corsa is rare, or are you trying to be funny

saw an f40 parked in front of a swanky restaurant one time

I nearly died, I was in shock

any decent car

Troll for sure. Shit boxes like these all over UK