/xivg/ - Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward General

>Patch 3.4 Trailer
[YouTube] FINAL FANTASY XIV Patch 3.4 - Soul Surrender (embed)

>Patch 3.4 Preview
forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/303044-Letter-from-the-Producer-LIVE-Part-XXXI-Update-Thread

>Patch 3.38 notes
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/e4b6631397ff961d32d63a6a5b275bb2bbd2382d

>Youkai Watch x FFXIV Event. (July 26th-October 3rd)
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/2016/youkai-watch/

>Resources, Guides, Free Companies and Linkshells:
pastebin.com/raw/p88PqskL

Previous:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TkjRTUyeJuc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

stop fucking up link to the previous thread

tan au ra etc.

au ra girlcock

xth for fisher cats

Please talk to me again.

I miss you.

Previous:
My bad

Previous Thread

I wonder if this tan cutie accepts {/pet}s

Dr. Pavel, I'm CIA.

fuck off

kits kats KUTS

did you change back from lala...

Where is everyone?

hi neko

grown man erping with other grown men

fuck off with your thread-wars retard
literally no one looks at the OP after the initial post

>tan

It was some mean Elezen!
Do lewd?
/Kiss

If Yoshida put me in charge of Endgame, here's what I would do:

SAVAGE PROGRESSION:
-

STEP 1.) Unlock the quest

>Clear story-mode version of raid
>New quest marker appears to unlock Savage
>Savage quest is -NOT- a simple turn-in that unlocks savage in 10 seconds, and instead has actual content
>One of the objectives of the quest to unlock savage is to beat the stone,sky,sea dummy
>The second objective is another instance, a version of Beginner's Trial called Master Trial to make sure you know your role.
>Savage trial unlocks for that ROLE ONLY. (Dps, Tank, Healer). To enter savage on a different role you have to re-unlock the trial for that role

STEP 2.) Matchmaking system

>Each trial measures your progress in grades. 25% (Bronze Medal), 50% (Silver Medal), 75% (Gold Medal), 100% (Ribbon)
>The matchmaking will ONLY match you with players of similar fight experience
>None of this 'practice second phase' bullshit

Bam. Endgame is fixed. There is no longer any issue with Savage raid progression on western servers. This literally FIXES all problems with Endgame.

Go ahead, try to challenge my idea. I'll wait.

So are you going to be using the new RP status?

Want to pump...

Tsunbuns...

wish there was another for erp

>no E

If you ever get into video game design, it would probably be best to stop what you are doing and report directly to bleach.

>didn't reply to the 3 posts calling him retarded last thread
>instead just reposted his shit 1:1
lmao

Sorry but this pumper is currently not for public use...

Who /twosoulsintoone/ here

Only lewd if you're in private, with your special person!

'w'

Lmk when u free 2 PUMP

meowers 'w'

fuck off avatarfag

Who do I notify

nyaa. also no one is around

>lmao

You don't understand why the raiding scene worked in Coil, do you?

>BCOB required a Titan (Hard) clear, an INSANELY IMPOSSIBLE FEAT at launch
>SCOB required Twintania kill
>FCOB required Nael deus Darnus kill

Coil always had a high fucking barrier of entry

Alexander savage does not. A4S is not required for A5S, and A8S will not be required for A9S.

The shitters begged for a story mode version of endgame raids. Good. We gave it to them. Keep them there

What have I done

The one and only __Toes

White au ra...

who is this cute catboy and when will he let me pet him

who the HECK is this cute catte and does he like male au ra....

I have no idea who desu, sorry

Seto toes

moonie

*pumps user*

aaah~

You actually might be legitimately retarded if you think that the problem with raiding in Heavensward is that there isn't a high enough barrier to entry.

*pumps u*

you need to catch some sun

not interested

thanks, why post this tho

>TFW nobody to ERP with on Jenova

nyo

Mrow

reminds me of the dude from american horror story

You chose the wrong nose, but still cute

Who is this aimed at? What sort of relation?

*pumps*

I'll come make an alt. Starting city?

>tfw youll never sniff Kiss's chair

Does anyone want to give this cutie a blowjob with me? You just know she's packing at least ten inches of loli Miqo'te cock.

Maybe after we can teach her where babies come from by having her flood our wombs.

Moonies are cute I say!!

So you set a system that'll piss off all the incompetent players who'll have trouble getting through it, okay, cool, maybe some of the ones who don't unsubscribe will get good.

Except now all the competent players have to jump through hoops, probably multiple times throughout each expansion, to be allowed into content. To make matters worse, they'll have to do that on each role in time with their respective raid schedules and inconvenience their static when the situation calls for any changes.

This not mentioning how often people can clear basic checks in the first place only to fail in actual content.

And then you have a matchmaking system that'll inevitably segregate the impatient community further and make for more difficult queues. At best, we might see a minor decrease in frustrations with getting players that don't know phases, at worse, we're seeing no difference in competency since there're an endless amount of factors contributing to individual phase clears and players never learning shit because any decent player that starts late is stuck with bronze medal shitters as the community rushes past them.

Fucking midcore ruins everything.

>mch ammo no longer arbitrarily falls off
Best part of this patch.

U-uh, do you mind if I'm kind of rusty?

[Spoiler]If you like large cat butts, Ul'dah

Moonies are easy.

Lala died a terrible death

You rang?

I'd rather be the loli miqo'te and have you flood my womb with 17ilms of au ra girlcock

is selzh special needs

Our guy, the only guy!

>how to kill this game faster than its already decaying
Well done retard.

Also acceptable.

id like to order one small midlander with extra pumperoni and cheese

shyv°

Eh, being white is kinda her thing... though she almost ended up like this when I was making her in the benchmark back before Heavensward came out...

I decided against it though because cat Velvet was black and with au ra I was limited to a dark blue instead... So white lizard Velvet was made instead of Dark Excellent Velvet lizard...

Y'know, funnily enough I never knew you had to clear the previous coil to enter the next one, because I had them cleared long before the release of the newest one either way.
With how much easier Coil was than Alexander, I'd hardly call it a "high barrier of entry", either way. All coil turns were easily puggable in PF even on western servers. I was doing weekly clears of T1-T4 and T6-T8 in PF before I had a static to finish the last fight for either of those turns. T10 and T11 were also easy to pug. T12 was a little annoying to pug.
The last fights were obviously quite a challenge to pug with randoms, but still doable. I often joined T13 PF parties after being done for the week with my static to help others out, and cleared quite a lot in PF.

Which brings me to my actual point, why Alexander is so cancerous to pug.
It's not because there's no barrier of entry, it's because SE is making these raid tiers for the top tier players that have been playing the game since launch. Each new tier has more mechanics than the last. New raids are made for people who have already seen every other mechanic in the game in the past 3 years. That's why it's so hard to pug shit nowadays, a lot of people are new and can't just up and learn something like A4S or A8S from scratch because they don't have the same experience as someone who's been raiding for years.
It was less of an issue teaching someone T9/T13 from scratch than A4S/A8S is.

Do you have a race preference? Futa okay?

Fucking LOL

The "raiding scene worked in Coil" because Coil was designed at a difficulty level that was actually appropriate for the entire top 10-15% of the playerbase, instead of being custom-tailored for the top 1% and then being doable-but-more-trouble-than-it's-worth to the next highest 2-3%.

All this KEEP THE CASUALS OUT REEEEEEEEEEEEEE shit you're going on about is the exact opposite of what will help the game or its raiding scene.

cute

A cat with girldicks is fine too

>So you set a system that'll piss off all the incompetent players who'll have trouble getting through it, okay, cool, maybe some of the ones who don't unsubscribe will get good.

Nigger

I'm only talking about the system FFXI ALREADY HAS IN PLACE

youtube.com/watch?v=TkjRTUyeJuc

Here is how you unlock Savage raids in FFXI

Attained level of 99 and the Job Master title.

Players must have achieved job master status in the job they desire to play in the content

What's this? FFXI doing something FFXIV can't??

There's a reason WoW moved away from that and starting making catch up gear every patch, albeit less interesting. There's actually a number of issues to dissect and it isn't as easy as make it so attunements and completing prior content is required again

it's the mentality of the western playerbase, especially UK and US

panthers you'd fug

VERY blue au ra

is this vjamal

>all those tanks
>no dead ranger or druid

This image is so inaccurate.

no, jamal would have periods after every single sentence
its some redditor, you can tell by the random line breaks after every single sentence

>Line breaks
>tryhard anime reaction image
>using "nigger" like a mic drop
Yep, Reddit.

pst…

falseflag!!

First one to ERP gets to stay on my aircraft.

benis :D

that's pretty good though, glancing at the picture
thank you again

t-thanks

The issue in this case specifically, is precedent.

You want to know the actual real true way to make raiding really relevant in a game without necessarily making it more accessible or having harder barriers to try to prevent burdening more skilled players with lesser skilled?

One, make it easy and accessible to get better, not just make things easier.
Two, design content that remains rewarding and relevant even a few patches later, i.e. horizontal progression.

But that's incredibly more hard and time consuming to do, and there's not as an easy strict formula to follow.
*pats your butt* do I win an aircraft

You win a lot of loyalty from me, a hired AST.

Why does this have to happen?