/eog/ Etrian Odyssey General

>EO Guides, References, Music, Art Books, etc.
pastebin.com/6cmH2LjS
>EO V Information
sq-atlus.jp/sq5/

>EO V Skill Simulator
waifusims.com/EOV/skillSim.html
jii.moe/EkvsTrdY-.html# (Class Skills)
jii.moe/VyvBiy6dW.html# (Race Skills)

>EO V item and quest translation list
pastebin.com/c4uzKptj (embed) (Item list)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Oz2FGmL0QpE2-Qkb8zz-t_MP_WEpDo6gzlA29-wJIDw/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=0 (Quest list)
pastebin.com/8sJhutN7 (embed) (Conditional drops)

>EO V color editor.
edit.s2.xrea.com/sq5/
>EO V VA list
pastebin.com/gM4KaYjs

>EO V Game & DLC.cia link
mega.nz/#F!XkJiHBIb!vzL2CLjZZVA-yAGS7UZgdA

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yQTLZPJPUKk
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/30485706/eosort.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Ded

Not if I have anything to say about it!

Why is 7th Dragon 3 so shit? Are the previous games shit like this one as well?

You're the first person I've seen say that it's bad. Everyone else, Veeky Forums included, thinks it's pretty good.

Honestly I'm exaggerating, but chapter 5 and it's kinda bland. Not really much happens, it seems it will end abruptly, animations are annoying, random battles can be ignored since you can just go around stomping dragons instead, etc

Most of the major bullshit happens right after chapter 5, I'm in the middle of 2020 and it had better pacing in that regard, by which I mean all the horrible shit happens to people throughout the game instead of just near the end.

V WHEN

that's good to know. honestly the game isn't even BAD but going to it after playing all the EOs is just jarring

sure EO is far from perfect, but still

You won't go any further. The adventure's over.

I'm afraid your little journey is ending here and now!

ded

first is charming but a fucking slog to kill 666 dragons

2020 is VFD but not quite as broken gameplay or quite as retarded story

Mana Float on your "Mage" class and Gun attacks are still pretty broken, Destroyer doesn't have God Hand's heals or buffs but it does have(from the first game) Knight's row guard and unarmed Samurai's attack negation counters, and those are still also ridiculous.

Counter + Veils + Bush Trap is very much a thing, and since dragons still attack twice it will still very much fuck them up.

The older games do have more interesting maps at least.

>the only person who stills cares about EO is an autist who insists in using /eog/
bad end

ded

Ded

Save map data?

What if the game showed a dice roll to show you probability of RNG hit.

What if you came up with ideas that didn't drag out battles even longer

What if RNG didn't make up most of the game.

What if low rolling RNG would increase subsequent rolls?

Dark Hunter gets a passive for that in EOU2, though I think it only triggers for the next ailment/bind thing attempted, so subsequent failures probably don't stack. Hexer gets tons of passives and skills to improve "Curb Atk" chances, and can probably apply that as a with a stone in addition, but it's usually not necessary.

7th dragon is garbage. It would be extremely ironic for the untold haters to be the ones playing it.

1st chop

Stop dying

>page 10

Please

ded

If all the untolds use the next games covergirl...
And IV had 2(two) covergirls, as in they're always together does that mean EO3U will have fortress and landshark?

EO3U will have nothing, because it won't happen.

What's the generally best subclass for Dancer in EOIV? I'm trying to find a subclass for mine that isn't just "take bushi and then just use it for blood surge, charge and passives only". I'm also thinking about swapping it out for imperial but I'm worried that I'd end up in a situation where every one of my damage dealing classes takes several turns to set up.

I used medic.
Arcanist might be fun to fuck enemies up with ailment/bind forges on your basic attacks

Nightseeker is fun. Blade Flurry/Sword Dance is basically Shuccaneer lite.

Do chase and rush samba count for those? I had NS as the sub before and I didn't seem to be getting many procs of those, that and the dancer skill that's supposed to (chance) stun on normal attacks.

Blade Flurry only works off normal attacks, but it has 100% activation rate. So it combos with the stun skill and the extra normal hit skill, but not chase/rush. Max out stun forges, go to town.
The real magic is with Trick Samba.

Shit, thanks. I suppose I'll try that out, if not it's only 2 levels wasted.

ded

Are gather skills worth putting any points into in EO2U story? I've only just started and I've not played EOU.

Get natural instinct grimoires and you're pretty much set forever.

ded

Tips for the chimera?
I can deal with it alone, but when the rabbit things start gathering I get fucked. Also my medic is very slow.

You can kill them before fighting the Chimaera. Try to poison the boss to get the conditional.

>You can kill them before fighting the Chimaera
how?

Sorry, I was thinking of some other boss.

le millenom girl

If you're talking about the original game, you can lure bell them out first. Or just use Haltshot and rush it, he's a total chump if you spam force skills.

They take a lot of time to charge though

Find a hedgehog and spam defend for the next thirty minutes.

I think it's time to end it, lads.

see ya
youtube.com/watch?v=yQTLZPJPUKk

I'm guessing Etrian Odyssey V should come out next March, judging by EO4's release date difference from Japan to U.S.

Has anyone ever played picnic mode just for the sake of fun?

This will be the end of the myth

Hey /meiQ/, I was going to write up a paragraph of bait detailing how I'm playing 2U on picnic and got stuck at the Chimera because I can't figure out the floortraps, but I couldn't bring myself to it.
Anyways, does anyone have QR codes for any good Fafnir skills? I can't get past Scylla.
thanks in advance :-)

I still think we would be better off using /meiQ/

I still stand by /sqg/, if we're going to do weeb shit.

Anyone have this but in higher res?

Nevermind

What's this website again? The one where you have every EO character fight each other.

Yeah, it was released two weeks ago.

the art looks meh

dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/30485706/eosort.html

>ice palm ice 2+ grimoire
>level 6
I WANT TO GET OFF

>Minami Star gave necroflat tits

it's all ogre

It's nice to see one of EOV problems being fixed so fast.

Thanks

Does bushi's charge get spent even on a basic attack? Say I have an LS/B and a dancer, and the LS uses vanguard then charge, while the dancer uses trick samba, would the charge be wasted the same turn on any auto-attacks?

Do you ship your guild members?

Them x Cartographer

Waking bump.

wtf

I want a dumb bunny to put a collar on me.

Couldn't we just do /eo/ and be done with it? Why do we need the g when we've got the slash structure?

Yes

Sexualize the Teach.

Playing through the first EO for the first time (only played 3). I'm actually having a lot of fun but of course some things annoy me like not being able to see what weapons you can make and whatnot but it's fun. I want some insight on my team though.

My team is Protector/Landsknecht/Dark Hunter
Survivalist/Medic

Protector is a pretty cool guy, he front guards the entire party but I'm not sure where to go with him. I was thinking of either building up towards Smite or leveling up Defender.

Landsknecht is very reliable. I focused all my skill points towards 2-hit early game and managed to max it out. I'm not sure where to go with her though, I was thinking of using both Swords and Axes but I'm not sure how that will play out. I only have level 1 Cleaver, level 1 Crush, and level 1 Allslash. Also about the cries I assume they're useful at higher levels but I think I wasted skill points on War Cry when I should have put points in Hell Cry which just seems to be a lot more efficient. Am I right?

Dark Hunter is okay but nothing all that great. He managed to save my ass a couple of times I have to admit, him gagging Fenrir and cuffing Cernunnos helped a fucking lot, but overall I'm not incredibly impressed or anything. The binds are useful for tougher encounters, do decent damage, and are spammable but that's it. I'm going to retire him for a Ronin I think. (cont)

Survivalist is my best character by far, Multihit is just way too damn good, being able to fire three arrows at only 10 TP. He also has one level in Trueshot, 3 levels in Quicken and Trickery, 1 level in 1st Turn, and 1 level in Cloak. None of the either skills strike me as useful but 1st Turn makes incredible synergy with my Medic when I need a quick burst heal. Trickery is okay I guess. I was thinking of focusing more on overworld abilities for him now like Ambush.

Medic does her job well, she has all the cures, Salve 1 and 2, has revive, unbind, and level 5 in refresh. I could have put points in Immunize but I hear that's broken so I avoided it. I'll just focus on maxing out refresh for now.

What do you guys think? I will admit my skill point allocation is a bit sloppy but that's because I'm playing it through for the first time with no walkthroughs and anything and just trying out what works. Also I beat the Second Stratum last night and I just made it to the third. Everyone is level 27.

le millenom girl

>Echoing Library
>trying to kill one of the sentry FOEs
>whenever it spots me, I always kill it the turn the tiger appears
>never able to kill the tiger because I'm too weakened
>have to die and get no exp or run and get no exp
>whenever I take the sentry by surprise, it always wipes my party out completely on its own

This is incredibly annoying. Where do I get tiny teeth, by the way?

>aggro sentry while standing next to dog
>kill dog first
>????
teeth are from the piss deer palace

I just downloaded a rom of EO1 and got tpk'd on the first level. Rested by some flowers and moths fucked my shit up.

How do i not suck total dick at the game? I had a protector, landsnack, and dominatrix in front and medic and bard in back.

cute boy

>Playing EO1