PlayStation 4 General #362 - /ps4g/ /ps4gen/ /momgen/

Old Thread: Tengutatters Edition

========================================

>BlazBlue: Central Fiction launches early November
gematsu.com/2016/09/blazblue-central-fiction-launches-early-november-north-america

>Mafia III 17-minute gameplay walkthrough
gematsu.com/2016/09/mafia-iii-17-minute-gameplay-walkthrough

>Watch Dogs 2 story trailer, screenshots, gameplay
gematsu.com/2016/09/watch-dogs-2-story-trailer-screenshots-gameplay

>Root Letter ‘Pen Pal Edition’ announced
gematsu.com/2016/09/root-letter-pen-pal-edition-announced

>Hitman Episode 5: Colorado launch trailer
gematsu.com/2016/09/hitman-episode-5-colorado-launch-trailer

>The Surge ‘CREO modular exo-armor’ screenshots
gematsu.com/2016/09/surge-screenshots-creo-modular-exo-armor-screenshots

>Berserk and the Band of the Hawk details Femto
gematsu.com/2016/09/berserk-band-hawk-details-femto-infinite-eclipse-mode-strengthening-behelit-collecting

>Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 PlayStation VR update delayed
gematsu.com/2016/09/dead-alive-xtreme-3-playstation-vr-update-delayed

>Valkyria: Azure Revolution ‘Battle Demo Ver. 2.0’ launches October 6 in Japan
gematsu.com/2016/09/valkyria-azure-revolution-battle-demo-ver-2-0-launches-october-6-japan

>Dragon Quest Builders ‘Ultimate Hits’ edition launches December 1 in Japan
gematsu.com/2016/09/dragon-quest-builders-ultimate-hits-edition-launches-december-1-japan

>Final Fantasy XV introduces Shiva summon
gematsu.com/2016/09/final-fantasy-xv-introduces-shiva-summon

========================================

>PS+ FAQ
community.us.playstation.com/t5/Games-Services/INFO-PlayStation-Plus-FAQ/m-p/41658595

>PS+ Current Offerings
(US) blog.us.playstation.com/tag/playstation-plus/
(EU) blog.eu.playstation.com/tag/playstation-plus/

>PS Store Updates
(US) blog.us.playstation.com/tag/playstation-store/
(EU) blog.eu.playstation.com/tag/playstation-store/

Other urls found in this thread:

appannie.com/indexes/all-stores/rank/overall/?month=2016-08-01&country=JP
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for should I buy AssCreed 3

no it bad

:00000

no. 4 or Syndicate onry

So Fairy Fencer is on sale for 24 american burgers. Worth it?

SONY making more money on mobile than Japan is with Pokemon Go with one app alone. Incredible, it's even beating Puzzles and Dragons now.

appannie.com/indexes/all-stores/rank/overall/?month=2016-08-01&country=JP

>than Nintendo is in Japan

nevermind my stupid mistake

What is Fate/Grand Order?

Is it fun

try it, it might be in english
to be up that high it must be decent

Another thread without PS4 related image. Why can't this faggot be banned forever?

Good gameplay, shit story, shit waifu pandering, abysmal gacha rates.

Anyone getting errors on trying to download games or updates? I had it with SF5's update yesterday, but somehow resolved it when I boot the game and tried starting the update download then. Bought Nitroplus Blasterz and Revelator today, and the former started its dl just fine. But Revelator is not starting the dl process at all, just like SF5's update. All it says is, "Can't download"

Is hollow fragment any good? It's $5

Worth 5$

wouldnt play it for free

It's fantastic, along with Day of the Tentacle. Tim Schafer will never make games that good again, because he actually had to work hard back then, and not rely on crowdfunding.

Ok I think I'll get it

The game is seriously fucking shit, but it's 5 dollars now you might as well buy it and experience it yourself.

its 5 dollars like literally every 2 months, at this point they are just trying to bait people into buying it

Yes

its an extremely average game, i got the ps3 version for like 8 and if i could go back i wouldnt play it

what? you play it for the story and everything else is shit especially the gacha

>you play it for the story
Why would you do that when Fate/Zero was the last thing they made that was actually good.
Everything after FSN, FHA and FZ has been shit.

Doom, Uncharted 4 or Ratchet and Clank?

All of them la

>forgetting about CCC

Fairy Fencer F when I have the original unstarted in my backlog or Guilty Gear Xrd when I just want the story and maybe try to learn how to fighting games again.

>Anything Extra
>good

Nice general yo.
Just passing through.

Someone explain the Fate/Suffix franchise to me.

I'm so fucking tired of indie story-driven game developers not taking advantage of the medium. Variable Estate, the devs of Virginia, blatantly set out to make a movie rather than a game. I've no issues in theory with their ambition, as I believe there's true potential for interactive movies to tell unique stories. But unlike Heavy Rain and games usually classified as interactive movies, Virginia doesn't provide any justification for the approach. It's strictly linear, you revisit the same scenes, and the generic low poly art style shows little to no detail in the few environments you're allowed to explore. Can't even loosely call it an adventure game.

The music is incorporated well and the narrative isn't a complete ripoff of '80s/'90s surreal film noir, only partial, but that's about as much positivity I can mention. This could've just been an animated movie.

*Variable State

Fate/Stay Night is a Visual Novel set in a city that has a "Holy Grail War" every few decades, a ritual in which heroic spirits are summoned by mages to fight and their power summons the holy grail of legend, giving the winner of the war one wish. The events of the VN follow three distinct story routes - Fate, Unlimited Blade Works and Heaven's Feel. The VN has been adapted in part to various forms of media, most notably multiple anime adaptions.

There are directly connected works such as Fate/Zero (a prequel light novel series about the previous war that has since gotten an anime) and Fate/Hollow Ataraxia (a sequel of sorts involving a time loop, I really don't know too much about this one)

These are also all part of the greater "Nasuverse", a consistent setting for various works written by Kinoko Nasu, the writer of Fate/Stay Night. The Nasuverse also includes Tsukihime, Kara no Kyoukai and Mahoutsukai no Yoru.

Additionally there are works that while tied to the canon through certain setting elements, aren't directly tied to the events of the the original visual novel, such as Fate/Extra, an RPG series, Fate/Grand Order, a phone RPG, Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya, a manga and anime spin off series and much much more. Most of these are separate canons but use common elements for story and setting, such has heroic spirits and the grail war.

I probably got some of this wrong but yeah.

Milking: The Franchise, made by Wasted Potential: The Company

Revelator story mode is literally you watching anime cutscene, with real fuking nice ingame graphic, no gameplay. But you have the arcade mode for all the characters with a bit of story conversation in between the fight tie to the story mode.

Guilty Gear is pretty much dead until it gets a PC port.

What the fuck? I got reported on PSN for "bullying" and I'm banned for a week
This is what I can only assume happened
>Playing Rocket League
>My partner is absolute trash
>Ask him to "Please pick it up."
He must have reported me for bullying because of that.

Bullies BTFO.

The PS3 version is like a barely completed game in comparison

How is the remake in comparison?

Now what part of that involves King Arthur and Nero as 15 year old girls

Arturia is only physically 13-15 years old because of Avalon. Nero just looks young.

Not really defending Nasu/Takeuchi/Wada but at least they offer some semblance of explanation

3 is bad

Rogue is good, Black Flag is good, Syndicate has good mechanics but shit story, Unity has shit mechanics but good story; 3 is just bad.

>FFADF is written by Inoue

Does anyone fall into rivers or get raped? How about babies eating shit from a toilet to survive?

Daily reminder that fat waifus were made for cuddling.

Titty ninjas were made for paizuri.

Why is that ninjer so fat?

any hidden ps3 games?

I want to undust my fucking fat ps3

>hidden ps3 games

im assuming this guy ment gems but still there's nothing "hidden" on the ps3 library

So, any suggestions then?

Anyone using customized Controllers?
I am a bit curious about them, especially in Control Discs which, supposendly, are good for fighting games and sports games.

Does it actually help for games you would usually use a Arcade Sticks for?

absolutely disgusting

Please elaborate

22nd

Had to do three playthroughs because I missed a collectible. It really is an interesting story, but again, it could've been an animated movie and worked just as well, minus a few intimate scenes.

fuck off kai

>Can't post images to Veeky Forums from PS4
weow

Yes you can

Literally who

How? When I try using the browser it says it can't perform that operation

you need to enable developer mode

I hate this new white bar notification. I hate it so much.

Deal with it nerd

Unlike you I don't like whatever sony shovels down my throat, go on spreading your ass open for them you cuck.

It doesn't fit with the general style at all and should be removed.

How do you remove your name from when a trophy pops?

I already did, fuccboi

30th platinum. Took eight hours and did it all in one sitting.

Digimon world: Next order should be on the upcoming English releases list. Summon night 6 has been confirmed too.

>30th

Eh, I know it's not a lot compared to a lot of people but I still thought it was cool.

Pirates

Anyone play the Fairy Fencer F remake?
Does it still have hidden characters with obtuse requirements that can join you? I can't find anything on this game

There are two but they aren't exactly obtuse. Just get to level 40 before a certain point for one and complete the optional quests for the other.

That's only for the default route they can join normally in the others.

Oh okay, so if I plan to do 3 playthroughs for all the endings I don't even have to worry about it?
Some random guy on gamefaqs said you should do goddess, evil god, and then false goddesses in that order. Are they all the same as far as postgame content is concerned or do certain routes lock you out of dungeons and the tower? I was just going to rush through the first two playthroughs and then leave whatever has the most content for last

I really hate to admit this but the video that Giant Bomb posted yesterday about Watch Dogs 2 has made it look pretty fun.

I might actually end up buying it despite how much I hated the original.

I'm buying it for co-op. Triple A games with a co-op campaign are rare these days.
Might get MGSurvive for the same reason. Kill me.

Ubisoft has strangely pulled themselves around recently by taking a lot of risks with their games.

Grow Home/Up wouldn't have been made a few years ago by them.
Steep never would have been made by late-seventh gen Ubi eother.
They're giving AssCreed a multi-year break to reinvent it and freshen up how stale it's gotten.
Far Cry Primal is pretty much the only AAA game of its kind.
The Division was a fucking blunder but was still a pretty unique game from a niche genre (arpg-fps)
And now they're completely changing Watch Dog's image to make it more fun and cheesy.

If they'd just bring back Rayman and release BGAE2 already they'd be the best AAA publisher in the West by far.

Some have different dungeons but it shouldn't block you from doing anything and can just wait for the last route like you want

They do get harder though so you can't just skip everything

>tfw no local co-op

Was San Andreas the last GTA-like game to have that feature? I really miss it, I'd love to just fuck around in the city with my casual-gamer mates who don't have current gen consoles.

Anyone who bought god eater 2, when does the downloadcode for burst expire?
I'm planning on waiting for god eater 2 to become cheaper

If the decoy spell is out, it seems to just get back up immediately but still lock on to the head which just fucks everything up.

This whole sequence of listening to the big bad talk about the bosses I'd killed went on for 6-8 minutes.

Far Cry Primal is literally FC4 with an Unga Bunga skin.

And than unga bunga skin makes it play like no other AAA game that I know of.

>Shiy melee
>Throwing weapons which are just short range guns
>Functionally identical stealth
>FUCKING AIR STRIKES

>not loving the fuck out of OWL-130 persistent air support

primal is like red dead edemption. kinda gimmicky and the game play is limited because of the setting. but it's done well and is enjoybale for what it is. I can't see primal 2 coming anytime soon and I don't think anyone wants it. but it was fun.

i think it's a lot cooler than having cheated plats like yna desu

ninja bump