New "cars you want to own from a certain type of cars you don't usually enjoy" thread because the other one...

New "cars you want to own from a certain type of cars you don't usually enjoy" thread because the other one mysteriously disappeared.

Here's mine that I wanted to post in the other one just before it disappeared.

I as well as most p/o/sters fucking hate minivans, but anyone with a sense for automotive history and cultural significance will agree that it's reasonably enjoyable to experience motoring milestones yourself, and the original Dodge Caravan is one such vehicle.

However the only thing I can think to do with it is beat it on dirt roads for a bit and then strip it to attempt installing a mid or rear engine and go drag racing, but I think of worse things to do.

That generation was offered with a turbo engine if I'm not mistaken but I think it was only for 2 years IIRC

For the might of all of 150 or so horsepower.

Doesn't matter, more power can be had because it was a Turbo II which has a decent aftermarket

Mopar guy here you'll be pleased to know there are not just one but two special 1st gen Caravan/Voyagers you can track down and buy for like $1000 each and get more than that much fun out of them...

We've already mentioned the turbo caravans

Everyone is already telling you about the Turbo 2 version but there is also an AWD version, seen here in its enhanced evolutionary state.

You could get another historic Chrysler Corp vehicle for that purpose, a Jeep Wagoneer.

Not as cheap as a Caravan or as light. I'm not saying it's the best candidate for the purpose, but it's something to do if you want to fuck with a Caravan.

I'll once again repeat my rule for Chryslers. If it doesn't have some kind of special badge on it, don't even bother with it.

An 87 Plymouth Voyager was the first car I drove. Someone actually hot wired it and it was found later in a ditch, and ever since the left turn signal would light when the brakes were pressed. Good times.

ANYONE?
ANYONE!?!?!?

I dig em. And I actually respect people who take care of their T-Types more than people who turn them into Fake Nationals.

I have never seen an American car like this in my entire life
I hope to own a GN some day in my life
but I dont know if manual swap is possible or if it's sacrilegious to do to a car like that

Most of all it's pointless because you don't drive Murrikan acceleration barges for "the driver feel" and a manual will actually make you lose time on the quarter mile.

>Someone(OP) got completely assblasted that the Buick GN a shit and deleted it.
KEK

>They're boring, slow, shitboxes with anemic performance factory. Mods will make then slightly more sporty than the average Corolla but then you're dealing with absolute garbage handling and the even worse glass slushbox and rearend they came with.

>Also annoying is how EVERYONE whose seen F&F talks to you at the pump which is cool until you have to tell them it's a slow piece of shit. Not to mention it having an ignition a toddler could boost your car with making leaving it anywhere a burden since sooo many "people" recognize them.

>t. Former GN owner, got paid to drive it for 2 years due to boomers "collecting" trash

>Anything else you want to know?

B..but my fantasy that I've never owned.
TOPKEK

I want an astro van but I cannot justify getting one.

The point is that it displayed the right appearance at the right time and was incomparable to any other American offering. The Corvette and Mustang were still jerking around at 200 and 180 hp respectively in 1984 when the T-Type put out and underrated 280 hp, more like 300 hp.

How about now?

Not a big fan of most compacts, but I love the X-90.

This guy is wrong. GNX is amazing

THAT BLACK GN
I DO REMEMBER
MOST OF ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

I hate convertibles with a passion, but there are 2 convertibles I would buy given the chance

1: The Saturn Sky. Look at this beautiful motherfucker!
I don't care that it has virtually no trunks space. I don't care the transmission literally comes from a truck (Chevrolet Colorado). I don't care that the entire rear suspension comes from a landbarge sedan (first gen Cadillac CTS).
It's beautiful, comes with the glorious Ecotec engines and a double wishbone suspension at all 4 corners.

2: The new Fiat 124 Spider.
While I don't exactly hate the Miata, I never felt it was pretty enough to be all that desirable to me. The new 124 Spider takes the Miata Veeky Forums loves and gave it body-work I love. If I have to have a deathtrap convertible, you damned well better believe it better be gorgeous.