/emugen/ - Emulation General

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

Read the General problems FAQ before asking questions. If you still need help, post your specs (speccy screenshot), OS, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.

READ THE WIKI BEFORE ASKING RETARDED SHIT
EPSXE IS THE CAUSE OF ALL YOUR PROBLEMS

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=S8NGDsnv34M
reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/53vfzo/softwarerendered_dos_quake_at_1024x768_in_86box/d7wq9oq
wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?title=Tatsunoko_vs._Capcom:_Ultimate_All-Stars
imgur.com/a/MEDVB
github.com/reicast/reicast-emulator/pull/827#issuecomment-249344548
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Why it seems more open games are way harder to emulate?

Twilight Princess on Dolphin, the GCN version at least had those slowdowns out in the Hyrule fields. Also Shadow of the Colossus on PCSX2 was one of the most demanding games of the system. Are those things a coincidence, or is it harder to emulate?

So PCSX2 is better now and apparently there's going to be a big fix for the next revision.

For an iPad tablet, would you suggest SNES9x Next or EX+?

TP was just a weird bug due to inaccurate emulation. It doesn't even happen any more.

SotC is the most demanding games to emulate, simply because it's one of the most demanding games on the real system.

I would suggest an Android tablet

It was a hand-me-down, I didn't really get a choice in make. If it's that problematic, I could probably just use my phone.

Still my favorite emugen screencap

Get RetroArch
Which core you use depends on which model you have, but just try all the Snes9x cores until you find one that runs full speed.

lolno
For emulation I'd rather have an iOS device than an Android device any day.

>For emulation I'd rather have an iOS device than an Android device any day.
wat

Android is a terrible OS for anything that needs real time performance. No matter how fast the hardware is, there's always a chance the JVM will decide to garbage collect right before the screen refreshes causing the frame to be lost.

Why do people use ePSXe

Why not use mednafen or PCSX-R with PGXP

because none of those run well on mobiles and there is no shortage of retards in the world.

hey guys my ds3 controller stop working on my laptop,I used SCP along it, but suddenly the controller isn't recognized by the emulators/steam/anything.
the device manager shows it and looks fine, but the controller won't charge, heck it turns itself off after a moment.
said controller worksjust fine in my ps3 btw.
any ideas?

Same thing with zsnes. Once an emulator is "good enough" to play any random game you throw at it, people use it forever until the end of time.

PGXP is hot new stuff that only the elite of turbo nerds even know about.

PCSX2 is improving all the time. Delta Force: Black Hawk Down works now in HW mode.

but that game is on PC anyway

Fitting music

youtube.com/watch?v=S8NGDsnv34M

>but that game is on PC anyway
Doesn't matter. If people want to play the console version, they should be able to. It's a somewhat reworked version, anyway.

They will, eventually.

Why don't YOU get to work user? The emulator is open-source and waiting for your genius mind to make it better.

anyone? It is driving me crazy

>They will, eventually.
>Why don't YOU get to work user? The emulator is open-source and waiting for your genius mind to make it better.
But the game works on PCSX2 now. What are you talking about? Or did you quote the wrong post?

Oh dear, is this going to be the PCSX2 equivalent of Billy May May's viral marketing now?

What happened? Did skmp assume the role of viral marketeer now since he can't do shit for Reicast/nulldc or what is the true story there?

reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/53vfzo/softwarerendered_dos_quake_at_1024x768_in_86box/d7wq9oq

How do you know someone is trans? They will tell you ever single fucking chance they get.

Never used this before, how the hell to I make it work with a ps2-like controller?

I never used a Wii either so the buttons are confusing.

wat

it's dead o'clock

Typical Moochâ„¢

>Dolphin is the GOAT guise I swear
>Try ONE game
>It stutters like a bitch

why

And VBA

post speccy
turn down graphical settings
turn on fullscreen mode (not windowed)
if you cant do this youre a retard not worth bothering with

But that image is from Mednafen

mednafen has no gui, beetle has shit gui, pcsxrwithpgxp is too hard to set up for most people because it isn't just one zip that you throw in a dir

You guys can't fool me. You're just doing a revision marketing push like ePSXe did for 2.0

>if you cant do this youre a retard not worth bothering with

The game stutters because the emulator is fucking shit, fucktard

>wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?title=Tatsunoko_vs._Capcom:_Ultimate_All-Stars

>Tatsunoko vs CAPCOM

Man that game is absolutely gorgeous, probably the best looking game the Wii has to offer

What's the recommended Genesis emulator these days? Is Exodus worth using yet?

Genesis Plus GX via RetroArch. Exodus isn't worth using at this time.

DESMUME is suddenly running super fast after I duplicated my display to play on my TV. Limit framerate or VSYNC doesn't fix the problem.

Can anyone help me out please?

Oh, and the problem didn't go away if I set my displays to only one monitor again (as it was when it worked).

Maybe the duplication fucks up the vsync, no idea why limit framerate wouldn't work though

Yeah it's really weird. And now I can't get it to work like it used to if I "un-duplicate" my displays either. I'm using DeSmuME X432R so that might be why. I don't really want to use the official versions though, because then I can't alter the screen sizes.

Whats a good nds emulator that I can run any game on my OP3? I'd rather not pay, but I also don't have a rooted phone

>I also don't have a rooted phone

Why bother using an Android phone if you don't root it?

Use Ishiiruka to remove shader stutter.
OG Dolphin: Not even once.

And now my DeSmuME save file is gone. Fuck emulators, Jesus Christ. I should've just played it on my 3DS. Anyone know a way to restore a save?

Is it in the recycle bin?
Piriform or whatever that company that makes the good utility software is called has a tool that looks for deleted files to recover them. Try that.

I'll try that thank you. It wasn't in the recycle bin, checked there first. I'm thinking maybe it saved to some temp folder somewhere for some reason, and now the temp file was automatically deleted.

I thought android didn't need rootin' to use emus?

It needs rooting if you want to pirate shit

Can't find the file even with Piriform's Recuva. Wtf happened. Lost an entire day of gameplay.

Has anyone here ever managed to complete a game on emulator?

All the time. How does it feel being too stupid to use a computer?

What game and post a screenshot of the folder of the emulator

Me being smarter than you has nothing to do why an imbecile emulator dev made my save files disappear.

I never bothered rootin it, no idea what the benefits are really.
So whats the best emulator for the nds?

Not smart enough to keep track of your own saves, apparently. :^)

Which emulator are you using? What game?
I accidentally deleted my PCSX2 memcard once when I updated it but that was fine because I barely had any saves on it.

The only one, Drastic

On Android? Drastic by far. It's payware though, so you better get to rootin' if you want it for free.

Worth paying for the updates, or does the pirated one get them relatively fast?

DeSmuME X432R 2015-04-19-0
Game is Chrono Trigger DS.
Here is an album with images of the folders: imgur.com/a/MEDVB

huh the battery file is there.
Did you change save types or something?

Real saves should live in battery, I think. Unless you were just using save states.
Whereabouts did you get to in the game? You may be able to get a save from the internet that was at roughly the same point (although unfortunately not with your stats and stuff).

Yeah, that battery save is from the 21, when in reality the last time I saved was yesterday the 23.

I didn't use any save states at all because I've had trouble with them in the past. Seems like it's more unstable.
I looked around a bit but can only find end game save files so far...

No I just sat down to play, I haven't changed any settings at all since I first set up the program (regarding the save file type).

Where are you in the game? I have a save from fairly early on when you first go to the future.

Sounds like the emulator fucked up. Your progress is gone laddy

Yup seems like it. Thanks to everyone anyway.

Wouldn't hurt in the future to consider backing your saves up to some kind of cloud storage. Good to avoid headaches like this and also if you game on multiple PCs or devices.

>Wouldn't hurt in the future to consider backing your saves up to some kind of cloud storage
Good thing Drastic(which is the superior emulator btw worth every penny) allows this.

Cheque is in the mail, friend.

You can do this with any desktop emulator really, just point your sync software to the save file directory.

pls respond

The latest version is out there for free, so yeah they get cracked pretty fast.

He's probably not talking about that kind of stutter. It's a fighting game even.

Dolphin has the mad stutter all over the shop.

[internalized rage]

>tfw your shitty psp nes emulator decided to be a special fucking snowflake and use a different save file type than literally every other emulator and .sav/.srm won't work with a simple name change
fuck you nester

I wonder what they do, NES save files are just a dump of the non-volatile RAM in general.

That's iOS

Many apks have DRM and won't work without online connectivity. You need to root your device to run luckypatcher to be able to remove them

/emugen/-tan

I didn't remember that enemy.

fixd

github.com/reicast/reicast-emulator/pull/827#issuecomment-249344548

tl;dr

They should be easy to setup though, there's no excuse for it being slow and clunky to setup.

>there's no excuse for it being slow and clunky to setup
They aren't slow and clunky to set up though. Mednafen just needs bios and PGXP is just extracting shit in folders and then changing defaults to suit your liking.
I don't get where these mouthbreathing retards are coming from who can't even do something this basic.

this tbf

We need to go deeper

>tbf

You have to go back

To Veeky Forums late 2015?

Why do we get questions here about both? If it's harder than extract a zip and clicking the exe, it's going to cause issues for some

SP is one hell of a toxic piece of shit.

We get questions about epsxe too despite it not even being recommended on the wiki. This thread is a host to mouthbreathing retards ranging from zealots to trannies

>not even being recommended on the wiki.
Whoever removed it from recommended status is an evil mastermind for finally accomplishing what all you evil elitists have been trying to do for years.

Blaze & Blade (PAL) why, just why? RA Mednafen -> Blackscreen. ePSXe -> Blackscreen.
CRC matches the one on Redump, .cue is good too. Any idea what could be wrong?
Is there a guide on how to make a proper rip for Mednafen? I got the game here so...

Do you think ePSXe is good?